The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2017, 06:00 PM   #776
bigbucks24
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 265

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
At Brock's best, he is average. We don't need an average or worse QB. There is pretty much no way we can make the playoffs now, so there is no reason to not play Lynch from here out. But watch.. VJ will say something stupid like he has earned the right to play another week.

Lynch develops and ends up being a positive for the year? Great. Lynch is awful and we lose the rest of the games? Great again. It's win-win.. playing Brock would be stupid. So I fully expect him to start next week.
I thought almost everyone said "with average QB play, this is a playoff team"?
bigbucks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:02 PM   #777
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
He knows better than to question Elway.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:04 PM   #778
rolandftw
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,611

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Both Sanders and DT's time in Denver are coming close to an end.

It's a short list of WR's that are very productive at 32 or older, and that is going to be both of their situations after next season. We are likely entering a semi rebuilding situation, which is not something that either player really signed on for.

I'd expect both players to be shopped in the offseason, and cut the following year if no deal could be reached.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:11 PM   #779
dsmoot
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 2,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
Both Sanders and DT's time in Denver are coming close to an end.

It's a short list of WR's that are very productive at 32 or older, and that is going to be both of their situations after next season. We are likely entering a semi rebuilding situation, which is not something that either player really signed on for.

I'd expect both players to be shopped in the offseason, and cut the following year if no deal could be reached.
You do have to step back and ask where do we need to get better to start turning this thing around. QB is the obvious first answer but we need OL so we can both run and pass effectively. Then we need to restore the pass rush which has been the Achilles heel this year. We might have to sacrifice some veterans earlier than we would like to get this done
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:16 PM   #780
manchambo
Ring of Famer
 
manchambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmoot View Post
I dont look at one game but the season of work. Sanders is better.
No you don't. There is no basis whatsoever to conclude that Sanders is better. https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/denver...gory=RECEIVING

In fairness to both of them, they haven't had a functional QB throwing to them all year. But you couldn't find any previous year where Sanders's production would justify your claim.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:23 PM   #781
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 38,694
Default

Broncos will need to completely re-tool the WR. It's going to be a bit of a rebuilding process. DT isn't dominant anymore and Sanders best years are behind him. Broncos lack a good RB and the TE situation is dismal. Throw in needing a QB and a RT and it's going to be awhile. No big deal it doesn't get me all emotional. If you have one great team a decade and win a Superbowl you are doing pretty well in the NFL.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #782
wolf754life
MACHINE GUN KELLY
 
wolf754life's Avatar
 
KELLY in 2018

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,877

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#KELLYREDEEMED!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Broncos will need to completely re-tool the WR. It's going to be a bit of a rebuilding process. DT isn't dominant anymore and Sanders best years are behind him. Broncos lack a good RB and the TE situation is dismal. Throw in needing a QB and a RT and it's going to be awhile. No big deal it doesn't get me all emotional. If you have one great team a decade and win a Superbowl you are doing pretty well in the NFL.
lol "a bit"

like a total reconstruction.
wolf754life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:27 PM   #783
FireFly
Ring of Famer
 
FireFly's Avatar
 
We're a season away

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbucks24 View Post
I thought almost everyone said "with average QB play, this is a playoff team"?
haha almost everyone
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:28 PM   #784
manchambo
Ring of Famer
 
manchambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbucks24 View Post
I thought almost everyone said "with average QB play, this is a playoff team"?
There was an assumption in that statement that they would have competent or better coaching.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:51 PM   #785
Abqbronco
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Google is your friend.....
Screw you.. I looked it up. Hes immature. I dont see character issues. He had a hot tub Im his dorm room? The horror.

Got anything half way intelligent to add or do you just send snide little shots out like a p***Y?
Abqbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:02 PM   #786
BroncoFox
Cheervixen
 
BroncoFox's Avatar
 
If I have fleas.. they are happy.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,231
Default

Quote:
I thought almost everyone said "with average QB play, this is a playoff team"?
I said at his best he is average. He wasn't at his best very much. Maybe literally three plays this game. I don't want a QB that has to play lights out (for him) to considered average. Brock is in NO way our long term QB solution. He has done nothing to disprove the theory that he is a backup QB at best.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #787
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 30,661
Default

Top 5 Grades:

DI Derek Wolfe, 86.0 overall grade

DI Adam Gotsis, 85.0 overall grade

DI Domata Peko Sr., 83.8 overall grade

LB Brandon Marshall, 83.4 overall grade

G Ron Leary, 81.0 overall grade

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...ver-broncos-17
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #788
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Top 5 Grades:

DI Derek Wolfe, 86.0 overall grade

DI Adam Gotsis, 85.0 overall grade

DI Domata Peko Sr., 83.8 overall grade

LB Brandon Marshall, 83.4 overall grade

G Ron Leary, 81.0 overall grade

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...ver-broncos-17
If you'd told us in preseason that some of our best play would come from the interior DL, we would've been arguing how deep in the playoffs we'd be running.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Denver Broncos