The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #1376
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNutBaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
I love seeing Mexico get booted. Their fans are complete ass bags. They are the Oakland Raiders of soccer.
Besides the Dutch have orange (home) and blue (away) uniforms, how can we not like them just a little. heh.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #1377
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Damn, that Costa Rica goal took forever to develop. Like watching a goal in slow motion.

WTF was the keeper thinking?
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:16 PM   #1378
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Besides the Dutch have orange (home) and blue (away) uniforms, how can we not like them just a little. heh.
Dankjewel!!

I'm not Dutch, but I studied there in college, and Maastricht is definitely my second (European) home.

Orange is the official royal color of queen Beatrix, that's why they wear orange.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:39 PM   #1379
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNutBaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogulseeker View Post
Dankjewel!!

I'm not Dutch, but I studied there in college, and Maastricht is definitely my second (European) home.

Orange is the official royal color of queen Beatrix, that's why they wear orange.
I went there a lot for work and was there for games during world cup 2010 in Eindhoven and it was a blast. Love those guys. Loved staying in Maastricht when I went to Liege for work.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #1380
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

That had to be one of the worse choke job free kicks I have seen in a while.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:51 PM   #1381
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Wow, they couldn't hold on. That sucks for Costa Rica
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #1382
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marquez

Greece just looks like a bunch of douchebags.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #1383
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogulseeker View Post
Costa Rica gets reporters like this:
(Safe for work... probably not safe for the orangemane)

Costa Rican girls are gorgeous. I dated one for awhile. Looked like a young J-lo with a prettier face. Beautiful country too.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:25 PM   #1384
enjolras
Ring of Famer

After that goalie just rolled around on the ground for 5 minutes only to be cured by "magic spray"..I'm now rooting for Greece.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:28 PM   #1385
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marquez

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
After that goalie just rolled around on the ground for 5 minutes only to be cured by "magic spray"..I'm now rooting for Greece.
It's the mystique of soccer. Dude barely got touched and he was Rollin around like a b****.

We need some magic spray though.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #1386
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNutBaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
It's the mystique of soccer. Dude barely got touched and he was Rollin around like a b****.

We need some magic spray though.
Yes, the mystique of soccer, because our WRs never look around whining for a penalty or the NBA doesn't have a bunch of players throwing hissyfits to get a penalty call and I would never see QB exaggerate so much that now there are rules in place nicknamed after them so they don't get sneezed on.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #1387
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNutBaja

I hate shoot outs, but well done Costa Rica
Old 06-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #1388
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Perfect finish to a perfect day. The Dutch and Costa Rica go through, the despised Greeks and Mexicans go home. Nice. Brazil vs Columbia and Netherlands vs Costa Rica should both be good matches.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #1389
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Played almost 70 min a man down, bounced back from crushing equalizer at 90+. Hell of a run, Ticos.

Also, both teams looked way better at penalties than Brazil or Chile. They were all putting it where the goalie had no chance, even that save was by a finger.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:52 PM   #1390
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

So the Mexican fans yell puto all game long?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2...nt_really.html

It's cool the Dutch beat them lol. If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:54 PM   #1391
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

It's getting easy to hate Mexico. Can we invade them for oil? or maybe Tequila. Someone call Cheney up and see how much Tequila it would take to pay for it.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:54 PM   #1392
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marquez

Quote:
Yes, the mystique of soccer, because our WRs never look around whining for a penalty or the NBA doesn't have a bunch of players throwing hissyfits to get a penalty call and I would never see QB exaggerate so much that now there are rules in place nicknamed after them so they don't get sneezed on.
I won't defend the nba, but how many calls does decker get per whine? That ratio is like 1:10.

And wrs don't fake injuries rolling around like they just got shot in the balls for a PI call.

The only time you have diving in real football is when defenses can't keep up with the no huddle.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #1393
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I have always liked them but it is a lottle bs they won on that flop. Robben is so effing good but I just want to kick him in the teeth for how much he flops. It is so frustrating to watch such a talented player play like a complete douche.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:02 PM   #1394
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I won't defend the nba, but how many calls does decker get per whine? That ratio is like 1:10.

And wrs don't fake injuries rolling around like they just got shot in the balls for a PI call.

The only time you have diving in real football is when defenses can't keep up with the no huddle.
Why arr you posting here? You don't like soccer. That's fine, it's not a spott for everyone but you are clearly just coming here to troll. You basically lose any right to call the KC fans on this board trolls becuase your'e doing the same thing.

Nothing we say will make you like soccer and nothing you say will make us dislike it. If you want to learn about the sport by all means stay and ask question, if not, why bother being a troll?
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:30 PM   #1395
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNutBaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
I have always liked them but it is a lottle bs they won on that flop. Robben is so effing good but I just want to kick him in the teeth for how much he flops. It is so frustrating to watch such a talented player play like a complete douche.
I agree, not a fan of the flopping but I also do think the foul in the first half would've most likely ended up in a goal and it was a legitimately missed call. They took advanatage and played the odds, it's a strategy, not my favorite and it seems more prevalent in the men's game then the women's game to me. I also think in general the refs this World Cup normally ignore it and play on, but this time the guy got fooled. To me the equalizing goal was legit, but the winning one was mildly questionable because of that call, but frankly I still think the Dutch would've won. They are the better team, flopping aside.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:38 PM   #1396
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNutBaja

Quote:

Okay seriously stop posting here. AMERICAN football stole the damned name from an already existing sport to try to play on that sports popularity in the world. We call soccer that in the USA because we named it that, not because it's recognized elsewhere as the actual name of the sport. There is also Australian Rules Football by the way, which is mainly a more violent version of rugby. Frankly American football looks more like rugby then world football. Everytime you say "real football" you sound like a petulant child stomping their foot loudly to get attention. Well you got it, but you just seem like a whiny attention whore.

I don't like the flopping in Football anymore than you do, but I do get it. But do me a favor when guys start their endzone dances looking like dip****s don't b**** when they get a foul for it, there are rules about it and they deserve it. Football is trying to curb the flopping, but it wont' go away, players know they can use it, just like any sport they work the rules to benefit themselves. And players in the NFL do it too, they don't just flop, they deliberately pull other teams off sides to get penalty calls. If you think soccer whines, have you noticed the NFL allows challenge flags for calls and all that, exactly how is that not whining too? Different strategies for different games. I don't like flopping but I also don't like how the NFL coddles its QBs either, but it doesn't alter my love the sport. So just stop. go away and post in the talib's brother got arrested conspiracy thread.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:52 PM   #1397
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Why are you here? Can't they both be fun sports? Why is it a competition ?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:10 PM   #1398
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
soccer fan or not ..ya gotta appreciate the effort the Mexico goalie put today..he saved some sick shots..
He was great, but **** them
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #1399
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Okay seriously stop posting here. AMERICAN football stole the damned name from an already existing sport to try to play on that sports popularity in the world. We call soccer that in the USA because we named it that, not because it's recognized elsewhere as the actual name of the sport.
Holy hell, the level of wrong in this post is baffling. I invite you to read the Etymology of the word "football". It was likely used to describe a number of Medieval sports played "on foot". There are references to early rugby using the name Football.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_(word)

The term football was used to describe both Soccer as we know it today, as well as Football. When soccer was organized in England it became known as "Association Football" while Rugby was often known as "Rugby Football". It was through an abbreviation of Association Football that the word soccer derives Notice the "ssoc" in Association. The theory is that english boys shortened "Assocation Football" to "Assocer" (which was in the style of other similar abbreviations like "Ruggers" for Rugby). That eventually became Soccer, which was picked up in the United States.

So the English named it that, and you have no idea what you're talking about.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:29 PM   #1400
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
It's getting easy to hate Mexico. Can we invade them for oil? or maybe Tequila. Someone call Cheney up and see how much Tequila it would take to pay for it.
Bastards shot at our border patrol the other day with a military helicopter. Did you hear about that? It's as if they went mini putin on the USA!
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote