The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2018, 06:31 PM   #51
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Sure.

Doesn't mean it's not stupid.

But I was referring to the Brady comment.
Read the Brady comment. It doesnít say boo. It says they wanted him benched. Itís an example of fanbases doing fanatical things.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:32 PM   #52
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Read the Brady comment. It doesnít say boo. It says they wanted him benched. Itís an example of fanbases doing fanatical things.
What's most fanatical, is giving a **** about what happens in preseason football.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:33 PM   #53
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
But that wasn't your insinuation and that narrative wouldn't comport to what you highlighted. You were implying he could not have been a "true" Bronco fan if he was not sufficiently supplicant to the legend of Elway, regardless of the source of his derision.

Sounds like you were reaching for something that wasn't quite there, in which case I will continue to look at Archer81 with slight disdain and suspicion.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:36 PM   #54
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Iíve made $14,500 on preseason games in 2 weeks.

I admit if I didnít have money involved in watching football, I probably wouldnít watch it.
The only thing sillier than caring about these games is betting on them.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:38 PM   #55
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
The only thing sillier than caring about these games is betting on them.

No. That would be playing fantasy football with no monetary involved.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:45 PM   #56
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No. That would be playing fantasy football with no monetary involved.
That's some nice coin, man.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:45 PM   #57
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

This makes me look at Drunken.Broncoholic2 with slight disdain and suspicion.

Along with begrudging admiration.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:45 PM   #58
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
But that wasn't your insinuation and that narrative wouldn't comport to what you highlighted. You were implying he could not have been a "true" Bronco fan if he was not sufficiently supplicant to the legend of Elway, regardless of the source of his derision.

Sounds like you were reaching for something that wasn't quite there, in which case I will continue to look at Archer81 with slight disdain and suspicion.
When someone is dismissive of the guy who has had a substantial hand in all three of the lombardis the team won and says he's a fan for 30+ years, I will hmm. To me, its a little odd. Most people who have that kind of fan longevity know what the team was like with Elway and without him, and would give Elway a little wiggle room.

And the bolded, whatever man. Maybe I am reaching. But experience says otherwise. And to be fair, I view all of you with slight disdain and suspicion.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:48 PM   #59
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:

It goes just as fast as it comes though.

Thereís gonna be a lot more betting when the legal aspect is in full effect. The casual bettor
Old 08-19-2018, 06:50 PM   #60
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

You have them take the taxes out right then or do you wait til you do your return? And do you just have a set amount you use to bet with, and when you win you just use that?

Old 08-19-2018, 06:51 PM   #61
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:

I admit if I didnít have money involved in watching football, I probably wouldnít watch it.
Quote:

He needs to upgrade his gym membership.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:52 PM   #62
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Thereís gonna be a lot more betting when the legal aspect is in full effect. The casual bettor
I know you love art. This painting is for sale I believe. It's contempo abstract, but I feel it has a lot of appeal for a period piece. Really ties the room together.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:52 PM   #63
TheLegendReturns
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Uh huh.

Except in this case I suspect thelegendreturns dislikes Elway not so much for his hubris (which is substantial) or his love of booze (which is Thor like), but based on his politics. In which case I will continue to look at TLR with slight disdain and suspicion.

You are right... I can't stand Elway's politics... but I supported him up until this season when he tried to gift the backup job to Paxton and never said a word about his politics. At this point I am ready to pile on a bit until this ship gets righted Besides Paxton, he has been making some bad FOOTBALL decisions over the past 3 years and should be held accountable.
TheLegendReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:54 PM   #64
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
You have them take the taxes out right then or do you wait til you do your return? And do you just have a set amount you use to bet with, and when you win you just use that?

No comment on the first.

But the bolded is a good way of not getting in trouble with yourself. Every year itís wise to go in with a set amount. If itís high volume you can work off the winnings for a while.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:57 PM   #65
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
I know you love art. This painting is for sale I believe. It's contempo abstract, but I feel it has a lot of appeal for a period piece. Really ties the room together.

The painting looks like a HomeGoods piece.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:58 PM   #66
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendReturns View Post
You are right... I can't stand Elway's politics... but I supported him up until this season when he tried to gift the backup job to Paxton and never said a word about his politics. At this point I am ready to pile on a bit until this ship gets righted Besides Paxton, he has been making some bad FOOTBALL decisions over the past 3 years and should be held accountable.

I don't think he had much to do with the initial depth chart. And if the bolded was true, Kelly would not have been moved up this past week.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:58 PM   #67
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
He needs to upgrade his gym membership.

Itís Car week so lots of doooshers from Dubai here crowding the spot.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #68
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

The only time I heard Elway wanted Lynch out there was that San Diego game in 2016. Rumblings he was upset Siemian started that game. But I think that was also the week Kubiak went out with the illness.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:04 PM   #69
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Don't suck and they won't boo... it's called professional sports... huge piles of money to play football... ****ing millennials... quite being a p***Y.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:04 PM   #70
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post

Somebody mentioned we coulda had Dak Prescott, but Dak has the luxury to develop behind a terrific offensive line to play behind, a top 5 running back, solid/reliable TE. Not sure he wouldíve been as successful here.
He wouldíve been a hell of a lot better than Lynch.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:10 PM   #71
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
When someone is dismissive of the guy who has had a substantial hand in all three of the lombardis the team won and says he's a fan for 30+ years, I will hmm. To me, its a little odd. Most people who have that kind of fan longevity know what the team was like with Elway and without him, and would give Elway a little wiggle room.

And the bolded, whatever man. Maybe I am reaching. But experience says otherwise. And to be fair, I view all of you with slight disdain and suspicion.

Elway IS being given wiggle room...quite a lot in fact.

The real issue is not his past achievements, which everyone admires/worships, but rather whether he's on an upward trajectory for his learning curve as an executive or not. There's an enormous difference between playing and planning, and the fact that he signed Manning, which also attracted additional players to the party from free agency, really only suspends in animation our understanding of whether he's on track or not. This draft class indicates he might be...MIGHT be...as nobody knows for sure how good they will be. We all though last year's would make more impact.

If anything...being a 30 year+ fan offers a perspective you young whippersnappers ought to take note of.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:19 PM   #72
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
Don't suck and they won't boo... it's called professional sports... huge piles of money to play football... ****ing millennials... quite being a p***Y.

Eagles fans would chew and spit out these complaints.

I still remember the fire Andy chants. Loud as ****.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:21 PM   #73
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Elway IS being given wiggle room...quite a lot in fact.

The real issue is not his past achievements, which everyone admires/worships, but rather whether he's on an upward trajectory for his learning curve as an executive or not. There's an enormous difference between playing and planning, and the fact that he signed Manning, which also attracted additional players to the party from free agency, really only suspends in animation our understanding of whether he's on track or not. This draft class indicates he might be...MIGHT be...as nobody knows for sure how good they will be. We all though last year's would make more impact.

If anything...being a 30 year+ fan offers a perspective you young whippersnappers ought to take note of.

Thatís basically it. Iím sure most Bulls fans donít think Jordan is an excellent GM. Elway is not immune to criticism.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:24 PM   #74
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
By who?

Nobody in the organization is above him except Joe Ellis, which means nobody will hold him to accountability. Do you think Ellis is going to fire him? No way.

I'm undecided on Elway, and didn't want Lynch. Having said that, Lynch can't actually be looked at as a bad gamble if you understand the nature of the odds in drafting a first round QB. He was drafted in the 20's, and that's the right spot for taking a guy who's got the NFL measurables but not the pedigree that shows he's developed the intangibles. Any first round QB is a coin flip beyond a sure fire guy who's going #1...and sometimes even then they fail. So taking Lynch wasn't a bad choice, but what came after that, starting with the expectations expressed almost immediately that he could compete to start his rookie year...that was a very bad decision, one he owns, nobody else. If he'd been smart he'd have downplayed the expectations, doubled down on the project nature of the player, and removed the pressure. His decision to go the opposite way started the ball rolling for fans to blame Lynch almost immediately, when in fact Elway should have deservedly taken his share of criticism for forging an environment that wasn't conducive to the guy getting better.

Elway's bigger failure was watching Oz for 4 years and still telling us he was the franchise's answer when Peyton retired. He made it clear he was on board with him, but when push came to shove, he let Kubes screw with his head during the playoff run in 2015. Adding the pursuit of Kaepernick and the ill-fated signing of Prom Date are not exactly resume builders either.

Elway has to demonstrate he's more than a big name who can attract another big name QB to the team, and if he does that, he's got it made here. But sooner or later it's not going to be about the coach, the QB, or anything else but the guy at the top if they don't get back on track.

And if that happens...what then? I don't see him leaving.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:27 PM   #75
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy

Quote:
Never liked the Lynch pick and definitely not happy with how this whole situation has played out in regards to John Egointheway trying to constantly hand jobs to Paxton, which in turn has negatively effected our team in many ways.

But... the boo birds when he took the field the other night were despicable and not an isolated event. Random boos everytime something doesn't go right throughout preseason game 1 are despicable. That is just bad for the team in general. DT can't stand a good portion of the fanbase because of stuff like this and has spoken on it multiple occasions... you know he isn't the only one. It's forcing a wedge between the fanbase and the team. Do you think developing a reputation as a spoiled rotten fanbase doesn't get around to other players and effect who wants to play here? It does. There were plenty of games last year where the whole team deserved it... but the trigger is getting pulled way too early a lot of the time IMHO. Offense goes 3 and out? Boo em. Defense gives up a TD? Boo em. DT drops a pass? Boo em.

I have been a Broncos fan since the early 80's and been attending games since the late 90's... and this kind of behavior from the fans is pretty new and only getting worse. What gives? Is it the changing dynamic of Colorado and the fanbase as a whole? Are people just spoiled brats in general because of technology and the internet? Does this happen to other highly successful franchises?

What do y'all think of this situation?
Yeah, I didn't like fans booing Lynch when he came out for his first snap.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote