The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2018, 02:30 PM   #226
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
When the Broncos were looking to trade for Kaep, it wasn't for him to be a back up.
Also Elway had just paid Von wheel barrows of money.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:52 PM   #227
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brendan Langley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
He had 16 TDs and only 4 ints his last season in the NFL. I would bet a $1,000 you are a bigger loser than he is.
In Chip Kelly's gadget scheme that nobody else runs in the league. You left that part out. Also, SF finished 2-14 losing 9 of those games by double digits. What QB's post a 16-4 TD to INT ration and lose 14 games, 9 by double digit margins? Clearly Kaep did nothing to give his team a chance to win and his lack of capability on offense probably caused his teams to get blown out. Majority of his touchdowns that season were when his team was losing by more than 9 points which tells me the defense has relaxed or was probably running the clock and playing prevent style soft defenses.

If you are looking to run a conventional passing offense, Kaep cannot do it. He's a single read, take off and run guy. If Elway wanted that long term, he could have kept Tebow around.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #228
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
It's funny how people have changed the narrative (in so many different ways). Kaep didn't turn down a $7 million offer. He turned down a $5 million pay cut. Those are two totally different things. At that point of his career (before the controversy) why would he take that pay cut? That makes no sense.

I'd imagine that if a team offered him the minimum, he'd take it. Obviously it won't be the Broncos to make that offer. At this point, I doubt any team ever makes that offer.
It made perfect sense. SF was crap and wanted him gone and people were waking up to the fact he might be overrated. He would have had the chance to earn another massive contract on a much better team.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:02 PM   #229
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He had 16 TDs and only 4 ints his last season in the NFL. I would bet a $1,000 you are a bigger loser than he is.
He played in 11 games. Had a sub 60 percent completion percentage 5 games with 3 below 50 percent. Took 36 sacks and had 9 fumbles enroute to 1 ****ing win. Smells like Rob Johnson.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:24 PM   #230
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Lynch has no value to this team. He is taking up space. Cut his ass and bring in a UDFA to run the scout team.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:49 PM   #231
505bronco
Pro Bowler

ALL IN FOR MAYFIELD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Al Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
and how did that work out for him? well?

guy is trash. has been since his rookie year
You said he turned down an offer of 7 mil to play here.
He banked another 4.9 million in 2016.
Jesus you're dumb
505bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:56 PM   #232
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Elway didn't low ball him as $8 million is about what quality back up QBs receive. Obviously that is what Elway was willing to pay him. AND obviously Kaep would have been stupid to take that offer and a $5 million pay cut.
Only if he thought he was washed up. Otherwise he had the chance to helm a QB-desperate offense behind an elite defense.

Any backup QB who's not Charmin soft upstairs sees that as the opportunity of a lifetime. But that's not who Kaep is. He clung to his dollars on the bench, and a year later he's out of the league.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:15 PM   #233
Powderaddict
Couches - not even once!

Treasonous Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505bronco View Post
Jesus you're dumb
Was the contract just 7 million 1 year?

It is possiblre that he may have made more that year, and less overall.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #234
Ironmind
Animal Advocate

more ass than a toilet seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Atwater

Quote:
Lmao! .Look what we have here , its a Kaepernick lover and sympathizer who gets butt hurt when anyone talks bad about his hero. Then makes personal attacks on members of a football board in his defense of Kaepernick. Pitiful. No surprise. Kaepernick is a ****ty football player and a total douchebag of a person.

Guess Who, ur pathetic and weak behavior would make Kaepernick proud. You need to get a life and get a job and make something of your little self.
Ironmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #235
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

The only reason Paxton is on this team is his draft status. Drives me crazy when the FO repeatedly falls for the sunk cost fallacy. Cut this shiathead last year and keep Sloter.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:10 AM   #236
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505bronco View Post
Jesus you're dumb

Says the guy obsessed with a terrible unemployed QB
lolcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:11 AM   #237
lolcopter

Quote:
So do people who don't want Kaep.
It’s called winning football games
Old 08-20-2018, 09:11 AM   #238
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
The only reason Paxton is on this team is his draft status. Drives me crazy when the FO repeatedly falls for the sunk cost fallacy. Cut this shiathead last year and keep Sloter.
Probably could’ve traded him last year...
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #239
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He played in 11 games. Had a sub 60 percent completion percentage 5 games with 3 below 50 percent. Took 36 sacks and had 9 fumbles enroute to 1 ****ing win. Smells like Rob Johnson.

Some people only look up stats and don’t actually watch the games. SF was brutal
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:16 AM   #240
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Some people only look up stats and don’t actually watch the games. SF was brutal
Because they had a garbage running QB who can’t see the field
Old 08-20-2018, 09:24 AM   #241
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted

Cake!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Probably could’ve traded him last year...
Saw there was a gofundme thing to out pay his contract so that he will just walk for the money...

I don't think Tebow or Orton had one of those...
Paxton making records somehow...
Old Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:02 AM   #242
ShaneFalco
Infamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmind View Post
Lmao! .Look what we have here , its a Kaepernick lover and sympathizer who gets butt hurt when anyone talks bad about his hero. Then makes personal attacks on members of a football board in his defense of Kaepernick. Pitiful. No surprise. Kaepernick is a ****ty football player and a total douchebag of a person.

Guess Who, ur pathetic and weak behavior would make Kaepernick proud. You need to get a life and get a job and make something of your little self.
I dont think the Broncos would ever have a Castro sympathizer as an employee.
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:06 AM   #243
lolcopter

Maybe Paxton should take a knee this next game so he can have an army of redditors clamoring for him to get a job too
Old 08-20-2018, 10:23 AM   #244
TheCoachBear
College Coach

Scout

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Janovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Maybe Paxton should take a knee this next game so he can have an army of redditors clamoring for him to get a job too
So you really believe Kap was terrible? Not even average or below average, but terrible. As in worse than Sanchez or Bortles?
TheCoachBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:26 AM   #245
chrisp
Friend of the unsung

Actually he is now....

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shelby Harris

There seems to be confusion here. Demoting Lynch to 3rd string was the right thing to do, but cutting him is something else entirely. I remember that last time we tried to go with only two Qbs on the roster to save a roster spot it became very scary very quickly. I think it was Jake Plummer was the starter, then he goes down and you realise that your backup is now in the game and his backup was....Rod Smith....

....now i love me some Rod, but even he would admit he's not a viable backup QB. This was under Shanny, he did it once, he never did it again as far as I'm aware.

So yep, demote Lynch to 3rd, but keep him on the roster and just pray we never need him, especially if there's a cap hit. Yes he sucks and he's probably had enough time by now but seriously with some people the hate runs too deep...keep him around as a warm body that knows the offense and cut him next offseason. People suggesting we will lose the locker room if we keep him around as a 3rd string Qb are literally insane. None of the starters care who's 3rd string or not. The money he's getting was decided a long time ago......
chrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:28 AM   #246
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoachBear View Post
So you really believe Kap was terrible? Not even average or below average, but terrible. As in worse than Sanchez or Bortles?
He's pretty terrible as a passer. Not sure how anyone can argue otherwise. He's dangerous as a runner and probably deserves a roster spot on a team, but by no means does anyone want him as their starter. The only way a team is going to put up with all those media distractions for a QB is if that QB is a transcendent player, which he most certainly isn't.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:29 AM   #247
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
He turned down a contract. End of story. And his militant gf ruined his chance in Baltimore.

He’s a putz
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:29 AM   #248
lolcopter

Quote:
Average at best. Would rather have Bortles not even joking
Old 08-20-2018, 10:30 AM   #249
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
There seems to be confusion here. Demoting Lynch to 3rd string was the right thing to do, but cutting him is something else entirely. I remember that last time we tried to go with only two Qbs on the roster to save a roster spot it became very scary very quickly. I think it was Jake Plummer was the starter, then he goes down and you realise that your backup is now in the game and his backup was....Rod Smith....

....now i love me some Rod, but even he would admit he's not a viable backup QB. This was under Shanny, he did it once, he never did it again as far as I'm aware.

So yep, demote Lynch to 3rd, but keep him on the roster and just pray we never need him, especially if there's a cap hit. Yes he sucks and he's probably had enough time by now but seriously with some people the hate runs too deep...keep him around as a warm body that knows the offense and cut him next offseason. People suggesting we will lose the locker room if we keep him around as a 3rd string Qb are literally insane. None of the starters care who's 3rd string or not. The money he's getting was decided a long time ago......
He’s a cancer at this point. It’s best for both parties to cut bait

Also it doesn’t matter if he “knows the offense” when it’s blatantly obvious that HE CAN’T RUN IT

Last edited by lolcopter; 08-20-2018 at 10:32 AM..
Old 08-20-2018, 10:33 AM   #250
TheCoachBear
College Coach

Scout

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Janovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
He's pretty terrible as a passer. Not sure how anyone can argue otherwise. He's dangerous as a runner and probably deserves a roster spot on a team, but by no means does anyone want him as their starter. The only way a team is going to put up with all those media distractions for a QB is if that QB is a transcendent player, which he most certainly isn't.
Terrible passer though? Maybe average accuracy with above average arm strength, moderate read and okay diagnosing, plus elite runner. He’s a better passer than Bortles for sure. I’m not speaking to the off the stuff, just looking at his ability as a QB. Just think “terrible” is a bit of a stretch. Low floor from inconsistency and high ceiling sounds more accurate.
TheCoachBear is offline   Reply With Quote