The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2018, 07:15 PM   #76
BroncoFox
Cheervixen

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

Can we make him the waterboy?

Could get some value out of them that way at least... >.>
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:19 PM   #77
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
What is Lynch cap number to be cut? Locked on Broncos claims his number is too high to cut but didn't specify it.
Post-6/1 Release
2018 Dead Cap: $3,184,444
2019 Dead Cap: $1,272,963
2018 Cap Savings: $-600,000

Post-6/1 Trade
2018 Dead Cap: $1,272,963
2019 Dead Cap: $1,272,963
2018 Cap Savings: $1,311,48

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-b...n-lynch-18974/
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:11 PM   #78
wolf754life
MACHINE GUN KELLY

KELLY in 2018

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#KELLYREDEEMED!

sure glad Elway knifed all that swag talk and took #6 juice out from under him.

good work HORSEFACER GM
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:12 AM   #79
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
sure glad Elway knifed all that swag talk and took #6 juice out from under him.

good work HORSEFACER GM
You were quiet for a while, I guess we're back to the dance....

ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:17 AM   #80
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't think Kelly is going to be the long-term answer. I'd try to get Teddy in a trade.
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:44 AM   #81
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
I don't think Kelly is going to be the long-term answer. I'd try to get Teddy in a trade.
The problem with that is Teddy is only signed for this year. You're banking on Keenum going down to injury or sucking so bad to get pulled, then Bridgewater coming in and playing well enough to earn the starter position from then on, then us being able to resign Bridgewater, even though Keenum will have a $21M cap hit next year (although we could cut him and have a dead cap hit of "only" $10M).
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #82
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

We don't even know if the guy we just paid to be our starting quarterback will work out at all, but there's worry that we might not have a long-term answer for his backup?

IDIOTIC.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:14 AM   #83
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
The problem with that is Teddy is only signed for this year. You're banking on Keenum going down to injury or sucking so bad to get pulled, then Bridgewater coming in and playing well enough to earn the starter position from then on, then us being able to resign Bridgewater, even though Keenum will have a $21M cap hit next year (although we could cut him and have a dead cap hit of "only" $10M).
The other side is he's stays #2 and we sign him for #2. That would put us in good negotiation position for the next couple years.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:16 AM   #84
Powderaddict
Saw Lady Gaga

Treasonous Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
We don't even know if the guy we just paid to be our starting quarterback will work out at all, but there's worry that we might not have a long-term answer for his backup?

IDIOTIC.
Why is trying to improve the back up QB position idiotic? Especially if there is some uncertainty about the starter?

It would seem to me that having a quality backup QB is always a good thing, and particularly so if there are doubts about the starter.
Powderaddict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:19 AM   #85
CEH
Ring of Famer

The let Kelly be #2 crowd inherently believe this team is not a playoff caliber and he needs reps. The opposite would be this team can compete for the AFCW and a playoff spot and a vet could fill in and win a game or two to keep them in the hunt.
Most NFL games are won by 3-4 points . I think Denver would be in most games

I fall into category #2. Just cause Kelly beat out Lynch doesn't really tell us anything about Kelly being an NFL QB. We all hope so. The last pick in the draft becomes the next Romo. Stud QB / CFA ish.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:52 AM   #86
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Why is trying to improve the back up QB position idiotic? Especially if there is some uncertainty about the starter?

It would seem to me that having a quality backup QB is always a good thing, and particularly so if there are doubts about the starter.
Yeah, let's focus on finding a long-term answer there right now, in the middle of August, while we roster Paxton Lynch.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:04 AM   #87
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

1. Lynch is not capable of being the # 2 ( or even a #3) so there is no reason for him to take up roster space. He Makes everyone around him worse so even on the PS he is a cancer. Just eat the 4 million and cut him. No one will trade for him so forget that .

2. Kelly not being ready to be the backup can ONLY be corrected by giving him reps and seeing if he improves. But in his first game after not being able to really practice for 18 months he showed better than Lynch.

3. If Keenum bombs or goes down, then having a veteran backup would be a good idea... Maybe Minnesota will trade us one.... Kyle Sloter comes to mind.....as well as Siemian, who (most will recall) was here on a cheap contract before Elway traded him away.

4. If you have a Vet backup that does not mean he will win games or be able to execute the same offense that Keenum will. If Keenum goes down the season is likely over even with a vet backup. getting the current #2 ( Kelly) game experience may be the path forward anyway, and would let us know a lot for the future .

5. the same coaching staff will be deciding on that veteran backup is the one that got us in the current place.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:15 AM   #88
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
1. Lynch is not capable of being the # 2 ( or even a #3) so there is no reason for him to take up roster space. He Makes everyone around him worse so even on the PS he is a cancer. Just eat the 4 million and cut him. No one will trade for him so forget that .

2. Kelly not being ready to be the backup can ONLY be corrected by giving him reps and seeing if he improves. But in his first game after not being able to really practice for 18 months he showed better than Lynch.

3. If Keenum bombs or goes down, then having a veteran backup would be a good idea... Maybe Minnesota will trade us one.... Kyle Sloter comes to mind.....as well as Siemian, who (most will recall) was here on a cheap contract before Elway traded him away.

4. If you have a Vet backup that does not mean he will win games or be able to execute the same offense that Keenum will. If Keenum goes down the season is likely over even with a vet backup. getting the current #2 ( Kelly) game experience may be the path forward anyway, and would let us know a lot for the future .

5. the same coaching staff will be deciding on that veteran backup is the one that got us in the current place.
Siemian! Hell no. He looked the same old terrible. The only difference is he had more motivated receivers on the field. The Vikes aren't going to let Sloter go.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:22 AM   #89
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

I would have sold the farm and gone after Darnold, but that's just me.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:18 AM   #90
Powderaddict
Saw Lady Gaga

Treasonous Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Yeah, let's focus on finding a long-term answer there right now, in the middle of August, while we roster Paxton Lynch.
Why would we need to roster Lynch?

Let him go, develop Kelly, see if you can improve the back up spot.
Powderaddict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:57 AM   #91
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Due west

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Interesting statement here. This is what I expected. I think it pissed off Elway when Kaep turned down the offer to come be a starter, even though it was less $.

Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:16 PM   #92
Broncoandrew
Ring of Famer

In hoc signo vinces

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keenum (I hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Interesting statement here. This is what I expected. I think it pissed off Elway when Kaep turned down the offer to come be a starter, even though it was less $.

At some point holding a grudge doesn't work in your favor. If my wife had turned me down when I asked her to marry me, I probably wouls still have let her come over for a sleepover.
Broncoandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:07 PM   #93
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Due west

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoandrew View Post
At some point holding a grudge doesn't work in your favor. If my wife had turned me down when I asked her to marry me, I probably wouls still have let her come over for a sleepover.
Perhaps, but after the initial rejection, Kaepernick has become a focal point and a distraction. Elway didn't like it when Tebow was a distraction either.

Additionally, Kaep pretty much rode the bench the entirety of the 2016 season, so he was a bigger unknown. If Elway believed that Kaep could help the team more than detract and distract with all the noise around him, I believe Elway would have brought him in last year.

I think its more like your GF saying no to a proposal to get back together with her rich ex-boyfriend just for the money, and when he ends up marrying someone else, she wants to come back to you, but you're already sleeping around with other chicks. Do you take her back? Just give her a fun time ride? Even if she has an STD now?

Personally, I think Kaep would have made a better wife for us last year than Trevor, Brock or Paxton, but I get not wanting to chase him again.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:10 PM   #94
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:11 PM   #95
Broncoandrew
Ring of Famer

In hoc signo vinces

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keenum (I hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Perhaps, but after the initial rejection, Kaepernick has become a focal point and a distraction. Elway didn't like it when Tebow was a distraction either.

Additionally, Kaep pretty much rode the bench the entirety of the 2016 season, so he was a bigger unknown. If Elway believed that Kaep could help the team more than detract and distract with all the noise around him, I believe Elway would have brought him in last year.

I think its more like your GF saying no to a proposal to get back together with her rich ex-boyfriend just for the money, and when he ends up marrying someone else, she wants to come back to you, but you're already sleeping around with other chicks. Do you take her back? Just give her a fun time ride? Even if she has an STD now?

Personally, I think Kaep would have made a better wife for us last year than Trevor, Brock or Paxton, but I get not wanting to chase him again.
Is she hot and is it antibiotic resistant? And do I get to drive the Lamborghini her husband bought her?
Broncoandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:18 PM   #96
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Due west

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
Is she hot and is it antibiotic resistant? And do I get to drive the Lamborghini her husband bought her?
Old 08-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #97
socalorado
Ring of Famer

There's more upside to Swag than kraperdick.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:48 PM   #98
TheLegendReturns
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If we bring in a vet backup, it's just another horrible move 100% on Dillway.

It means... "I tried to hand Paxton a job again and he failed again, and now we don't fully know what we have in Kelly and its a few weeks before season starts and who knows what we are going to do"

What a joke.
TheLegendReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:00 PM   #99
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Due west

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendReturns View Post
If we bring in a vet backup, it's just another horrible move 100% on Dillway.

It means... "I tried to hand Paxton a job again and he failed again, and now we don't fully know what we have in Kelly and its a few weeks before season starts and who knows what we are going to do"

What a joke.
You're fun!
Old 08-16-2018, 02:18 PM   #100
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:

He Should’ve held a grudge on Brock Osweiler but he didn’t.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote