The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2018, 11:40 PM   #1
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default KC and Denver QB situation reversal

For years we had to watch John Elway break our hearts. We may have had some great teams over the years, but never the better QB. You got Manning and it continued on for a while longer.

That's over now. Going to be fun watching this next decade plus as your team is led by marginally ok veterans who aren't difference makers while the Chiefs are contenders every year for the next 15 seasons.

You're going to love going 10-6 or so and losing in the playoffs every year, then not being in position when the major QB prospect here and there is available at the top of the draft. You've already gotten a taste of it with Lynch. And you'll all love Keenum until he can't carry the team when it matters.

We FINALY have the the generational talent at QB we've been missing all these years.

Your turn to suffer Denver. (and in the back of your mind, you know I'm right)
Zerovoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2018, 11:44 PM   #2
MrPeepers
Ring of Famer

Remember Darrent

CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO BACKFIRE.
MrPeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:48 PM   #3
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeepers View Post
CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO BACKFIRE.
Yeah...I know alot of Broncos fans who can't wait for Keenum to fail so they can try again in the draft.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:59 PM   #4
Orange_pride77
Perennial Pro-bowler

OMP since '02.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
Yeah...I know alot of Broncos fans who can't wait for Keenum to fail so they can try again in the draft.
Dude. You team has been failing for years and years no matter the QBs of any team in the AFCW division. And you have Andy Reid at HC. So why would anything change for your Chef team now? Your team has been a joke and a laughing stock with absolutely 0 faith from its fans for decade upon decade. The. funny thing is weíve put QBs like Tebow in place to beat your asses at home.

Take that retarded ass hillbilly, mullet wearin **** on back to the Chef Kingdom. Your 2 cent brain of an opinion donít matter hear b****.

Last edited by Orange_pride77; 05-06-2018 at 12:02 AM..
Orange_pride77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:11 AM   #5
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Thanks for feeling the need to post this -eye roll-
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:36 AM   #6
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Thanks for feeling the need to post this -eye roll-
For posterity.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:52 AM   #7
FireFly
Ring of Famer

We're a season away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_pride77 View Post

Take that retarded ass hillbilly, mullet wearin **** on back to the Chef Kingdom. Your 2 cent brain of an opinion donít matter hear b****.
Insulting him personally fine, kinda hard to argue with his port though.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:06 AM   #8
TheChamp247
Pro Bowler

Wait...how is Mahomes more experienced and proven than Keenum to the point where this makes sense?
TheChamp247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:24 AM   #9
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Let me tell you a story. When the Broncos picked up the aging legend in Peyton Manning, they actually delivered and won a Super Bowl, unlike the Chiefs who failed with perhaps an even greater quarterback in Joe Montana. The reason being, it's a culture thing, winning is the culture in Denver, losing is the culture in Kansas City, that's the fundamental difference here. When John Elway promised Manning a ring, he believed that promise and John delivered with a historic defense, when Kansas City tried to field a similar offer with perhaps a more talented roster at the time, the guy simply left the building, why? Because there wasn't a winning foundation. Forgive us for not taking your BS seriously, as my 30 some odd years of football experience, and the collective experience of those you're trying to argue with, simply won't let us concieve a winning culture in KC regardless of the circumstances, because there isn't any evidence to the contrary to back it up. You've got a talented kid playing QB, we'll see how bad your organization can **** it up, because frankly that's what we're all expecting.

Last edited by DivineLegion; 05-06-2018 at 01:26 AM..
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:46 AM   #10
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Let me tell you a story. When the Broncos picked up the aging legend in Peyton Manning, they actually delivered and won a Super Bowl, unlike the Chiefs who failed with perhaps an even greater quarterback in Joe Montana. The reason being, it's a culture thing, winning is the culture in Denver, losing is the culture in Kansas City, that's the fundamental difference here. When John Elway promised Manning a ring, he believed that promise and John delivered with a historic defense, when Kansas City tried to field a similar offer with perhaps a more talented roster at the time, the guy simply left the building, why? Because there wasn't a winning foundation. Forgive us for not taking your BS seriously, as my 30 some odd years of football experience, and the collective experience of those you're trying to argue with, simply won't let us concieve a winning culture in KC regardless of the circumstances, because there isn't any evidence to the contrary to back it up. You've got a talented kid playing QB, we'll see how bad your organization can **** it up, because frankly that's what we're all expecting.

I can't argue the fact we haven't won squat in KC since 1970. But if you base your argument on this alone, you don't have an argument. The Pittsburg Steelers were a laughing stock in the NFL for the entirety of their existance until the 1970 Draft. At that time, I am sure if there had a been a message board like this, the Browns fans would have been saying exactly the same thing you are saying now to Steelers fans who might have been all in on Bradshaw etc. We can all read history books to find out that Denver had a consistant contender with Elway, then some good but not great years with Griese, Plummer, and Cutler...then got Manning for another ring.

My point is based on what we've seen in the recent past and present. You have an aging defense that couldn't drag Trevor Simien to a winning record...and you have a first round QB that is a bust, otherwise you'd be starting that guy by now and not signing Case Keenum.

The Chiefs traded away a good (but not great) QB, who puts up pretty good stats, on a winning team, who was making less than Keenum is now, and still had another whole year under contract at a reasonable 17 million....and we traded that guy to clear the way for Mahomes because the staff thinks they hit on a generational talent.

I've long been impressed by Denver, Elway, Manning, the defense you fielded. I'm saying that's done.

I have watched Chiefs teams do what you are now doing....signing above average journeyman QB's to come in and be a guy who you know will execute the offense and put up some decent numbers...you won't ever be able to rely on the guy to make a play when it counts in the playoffs, and you'll rely on the defense and the others on the roster to elevate your QB...instead of what you've had in the past in Denver...wich is a QB who could elevate the guys around him. You are done. And while Bradley Chubb may well become a great player to pair with Von Miller...you insured your mediocre future by passing on potential franchise QBs.

I won't ever call anyone here a bad name or try and tell you that impressive long run of success you've been on was insignifigant. But I am here to tell you that your run is over. Case Keenum is a 2nd Tier QB and your team is entering an era of plodding along in a cycle of excruciating mediocrity. It's our time...and I am looking forward to coming here and reminding you in the coming days, months, years, about how that is the case. You will remember this offseason and draft as the point at wich you could have maintained the great culture of winning and success, and became the Denver Dolphins, Titans, Lions.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:15 AM   #11
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Cutler was a talent too they say.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:38 AM   #12
eff1ngham
Here for the QB drama

Forgot my password

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2018 QB

Quote:
We FINALY have the the generational talent at QB we've been missing all these years.
!remindme 10 years
eff1ngham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:14 AM   #13
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
For years we had to watch John Elway break our hearts. We may have had some great teams over the years, but never the better QB. You got Manning and it continued on for a while longer.

That's over now. Going to be fun watching this next decade plus as your team is led by marginally ok veterans who aren't difference makers while the Chiefs are contenders every year for the next 15 seasons.

You're going to love going 10-6 or so and losing in the playoffs every year, then not being in position when the major QB prospect here and there is available at the top of the draft. You've already gotten a taste of it with Lynch. And you'll all love Keenum until he can't carry the team when it matters.

You seriously place Mahomes in the same elite level as Elway and Manning? Too funny. (prayers typically end with "amen")
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:23 AM   #14
Broncoblood32
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

OP did not notice that the Broncos just drafted Chubb. Huh....

Too bad that there are so many ignorant football fans, utterly ruined by fantasy football and Madden type video games.

Also, the best QBs in the NFL RIGHT NOW and over the last 20 years or so, for the most part, have been QBs either picked out of the first round or later in the first round.

Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger
Russell Wilson
Tony Romo

Of course, some of those QBs have won it, and when they actually won it, they played with top rated defenses.

With perhaps the exception Drew Brees in 2009. Of course they won it all on a big defensive play.

Anyway, the myth of needing an over priced over hyped QB continues. Certain Broncos fans are dumb enough to follow that logic, even though we have the greatest example of what wins it. Oh, thats right. That defense in 2015 was sooooo goooood that it just cannot be duplicated. So why try?

The OP must have all of the Maddens in his collection. Cannot wait for the new one to come out and see how the great Patrick Mahommes is rated. The OP may even be good in his Fantasy Football league.
Broncoblood32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:10 AM   #15
CEH
Ring of Famer

KC still loses playoff games to teams like Tenn at home.
You should beat Tenn at home with any Qb
Chefs have an institutional issue they will never overcome no matter the QB
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:34 AM   #16
4HorSeimian
Ring of Famer

It's all up from here boys!

MaHomeboi looked good last year. I bet he gets off to a magical start this year. What will be interesting is when teams have tape on him will he be the real deal? Jury is still out but I think he will come through. With all that said it doesnít guarantee a SB Championship which is the goal. So MaHomeboi could be the greatest thing since sliced bread but if he doesnít produce the ultimate goal then you have to ask yourself - does any of this really matter?
4HorSeimian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:51 AM   #17
B-Large
Pork Hanger

Oily Variety Bohunk

Just what this board needed, another retard.....
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:07 AM   #18
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Ah what it felt like to have hope for the QB position and troll other fans about it. The good ol days.

How the heck do we troll for Keenum?
Brohemoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:12 AM   #19
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I feel like I missed Mahomes starting in a Pro bowl or something.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:36 AM   #20
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

This is like when your little brother gets his first pubic hair and starts flexing on your dad.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:43 AM   #21
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

0-6 at home in the playoffs since 1994
When was the last SuperBowl

Oh and this last year:

https://youtu.be/4NOVY_ZGdJs

Some have called the Chiefs the Browns of the playoffs. I get it, in a land where your women and men miss their teeth, mullets are the norm, and the camero is king you have to grasp onto to stupidity in mere hopes of finding something positive.

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 05-06-2018 at 06:48 AM..
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:53 AM   #22
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You will remember this offseason and draft as the point at wich you could have maintained the great culture of winning and success, and became the Denver Dolphins, Titans, Lions.
At least the Dolphins and Titans have won the Lamar Hunt Trophy. Imagine if we became the Denver Chiefs!
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:01 AM   #23
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Tha annual **** talking from the team that is a joke of the nfl to a team with 3 titles and 8 super bowl appearances.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:21 AM   #24
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Saturday night in Chief fan land must be a real hoot.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:23 AM   #25
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

Donít you think you should wait for at least, maybe, half a season to be played before you make such a claim?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote