The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2018, 01:10 PM   #1
maven
#stormingback

Default Mel Kiper 1.0

1. Josh Allen - Browns

2. Rosen - Giants

3. Chubb - Indy

4. Barkley - Browns

5. Darnold - Broncos
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2018, 01:14 PM   #2
maven
#stormingback

6. fitzpatrick - jets

7. Nelson - Bucs

8. Ridley- Bears

9. Ward - Niners

10. Smith - Raiders
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:15 PM   #3
socalorado
Ring of Famer

ITS HAPPENING. YOU CANT STOP IT. KIPER SAID SO!

socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:19 PM   #4
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

Tebowtaur

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:21 PM   #5
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
ITS HAPPENING. YOU CANT STOP IT. KIPER SAID SO!

We ****in?
Old 01-18-2018, 01:23 PM   #6
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

I think allen and Darnold will go 1 and 2.

What about Nelson? I know he is a guard but isn't he regarded as the best OL in the draft. Having him there for 10 plus years seems like something Denver needs. Besides there is nothing but average and below at guard for Denver.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:25 PM   #7
srphoenix
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Unless people see Josh Allen as the next no name school QB like Carson Wentz I don't get the hype for him...

Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield all seem like better choices this high in the draft. Either way the more hype for Allen the better as it just gives us a higher chance of any of the other top guys dropping to us.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:28 PM   #8
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D Henderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I think allen and Darnold will go 1 and 2.

What about Nelson? I know he is a guard but isn't he regarded as the best OL in the draft. Having him there for 10 plus years seems like something Denver needs. Besides there is nothing but average and below at guard for Denver.

It would only be great for 5, then the following years would suck. Cause when his contract is up this fanbase will b**** about him getting a huge contract. We could just draft another!

Id be shocked if Darnold Rosen dont go 1-2, unless Browns believe they can get him at 4.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:43 PM   #9
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
We ****in?
Oh, we be ****IN!
Old 01-18-2018, 01:46 PM   #10
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
It would only be great for 5, then the following years would suck. Cause when his contract is up this fanbase will b**** about him getting a huge contract. We could just draft another!

Id be shocked if Darnold Rosen dont go 1-2, unless Browns believe they can get him at 4.
I think a lot of this Josh Allen hype suddenly is pre planned. CLE is throwing this out there through Kiper and this will build up steam in the coming weeks though the media much like Goff, who was NEVER considered a #1 pick in that draft.
I remember just suddenly 2 months before the draft, Goff was just considered the #1 pick and it was unanimous that LA would be taking him.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:47 PM   #11
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Josh Allen at #1, WOW! The Wentz effect?

Also, just watched a 2017 highlight reel for Darnold. It's interesting that the whole discussion about Mayfield was him playing a spread offense out of the shotgun and every single play of Darnold was out of the shotgun. Does anyone have an issue with Darnold since he doesn't play from under Center?

Hey, I'd be happy with Darnold at 5, just wondering why he is a better prospect than Mayfield? (Devil's Advocate here).
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:49 PM   #12
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

If Allen goes #1. .
70 - Rasul Douglas, CB - West Virginia
100 - Jaleel Johnson, DL - Iowa
124 - Blair Brown, ILB - Ohio
214 - Marquel Lee, ILB - Wake Forest
236 - Chuck Clark, DB - Virginia Tech
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:50 PM   #13
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Allen hasn’t even proved he can’t be good at the college level.
Action is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:56 PM   #14
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

Also, just watched a 2017 highlight reel for Darnold. It's interesting that the whole discussion about Mayfield was him playing a spread offense out of the shotgun and every single play of Darnold was out of the shotgun. Does anyone have an issue with Darnold since he doesn't play from under Center?

Hey, I'd be happy with Darnold at 5, just wondering why he is a better prospect than Mayfield? (Devil's Advocate here).
He played from under center his freshman year, but with all of the O linemen gone to the NFL this year and USC losing their LT for extended periods of time this year, Darnold was forced into the shotgun much more. Part of why his TE was not much of a factor either. TE's were used as blockers for much of the year to mask the O line issues. He did get the ball to them, but not nearly as much as they wanted to.
He still calls plays from a package of downs given to him from Tee, he still has the freedom to audible to hot reads, changing plays at the LOS. And he can still work the pocket. Only Rosen is a better pocket passer, and its not by much.
Rosen also is given a package of downs from Fisch to call plays from based on what he see's at the LOS, and can audible whenever he wants to a hot read.
I don't even think Allen runs this at WYO in their pro style offense BTW.
Ive never really looked into it, he was so subpar this year, I did not care.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:08 PM   #15
pricejj
jungle

Broncos need to figure out a way to showcase Allen at the Senior Bowl. Give the Browns everything they want to see.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:32 PM   #16
505bronco
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

He's not he's just taller. Oh yeah he also turns the ball over at the highest rate of qbs coming out this year. Regressed this year as well. All media hype. The next in line of qbs that were awesome coming out of USC....Barkley, Sanchez, palmer, leinart you see the trend
505bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:33 PM   #17
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

Quote:

Why not?

Unless Colts move back, they still could. They could go Chubb/Barkley/Minkah at 1, Rosen at 2, and one of those at 3, then Cle can take Darnold at 4.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:35 PM   #18
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Quote:

You can't refuse to draft someone because in 5 years you might not be able to re-sign him.

There are so many busts. I would like to draft a player that will be among the best at his position for 10 years. I could care less what position he plays. Find a great ball player. Then do that again in the 2nd round and so on. Just get players.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:38 PM   #19
JakeElwood
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Allen can move well in a pro style offense and has an arm, just seems the shoulder injury will knock him down teams boards after the physicals.
JakeElwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:38 PM   #20
Bronc62
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

WalterFootball came out with his revised 2018 Mock today (I think his 3.0) and he also has the Broncos taking Sam Darnold at #5. So that's two well-known mocks currently going for Denver & Darnold; I still don't see it myself.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php
Bronc62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:38 PM   #21
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
If Allen goes #1. .
Prepare yourself Req. It's the Browns.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:41 PM   #22
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:

Nah boo, uh uh. The issue is Mayfield's offense, not just playing from the gun.
That **** is HS level and that is not a compliment.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:50 PM   #23
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505bronco View Post
He's not he's just taller. Oh yeah he also turns the ball over at the highest rate of qbs coming out this year. Regressed this year as well. All media hype. The next in line of qbs that were awesome coming out of USC....Barkley, Sanchez, palmer, leinart you see the trend
I see the same trends everywhere. Your excuse is lame.
Who out of OKL has had success as a pro QB? Sam Bradford?!?!?!
Who out of ND or MICH or UCLA or PENNST or FLAST or FLA or COL or TEX or....
The list goes on of college teams with one QB who was all world and the rest were just meh.
As a matter of fact I can only come up with STAN and MIA as two schools with multiple QBs who were good pros.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:55 PM   #24
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
Nah boo, uh uh. The issue is Mayfield's offense, not just playing from the gun.
That **** is HS level and that is not a compliment.
The Air Raid isn't HS level. It's a terrific offense but since no pro teams run it, it's not a good prep for the pros, except to the extent that QBs are better trained to find the grass in zone coverage after being exposed to this system.

In many ways, at least the older classic Air Raid (not the one that's now been paired up with RPO concepts) which is still largely in use at WSU (and at Tony Franklin's various stops except for Auburn where he had to run other stuff), is superior to NFL passing games, because it offered more productivity with fewer plays.

NFL playbooks are massive. The Air Raid is known for a relatively small number of base plays and screens which can actually look like 40-50 things due to the use of tagging individual routes within a play and leaving everything else the same. So if you have 15 plays but 3-4 tags for each, it will look like 60 things but it's not. The use of vertical set pass blocking and larger line splits is also superior to NFL pass pro schemes and their sack rates bear it out.

So while it's true that the system masks the flaws of it's QBs, that's not a fault of said system, it's a benefit. It shows you how valuable it is to equalize talent when there is a big disparity.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:56 PM   #25
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

Tebowtaur

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Chad Kelly will beat out Darnold in TC
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote