The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2018, 05:01 PM   #1
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default VJ was a successful hire

Hey we hired a guy because we admired his 32 ranked Dolphins D. Denver looks just like them. What's weird is they play good and horrid at the same time. The reality is nickle is the base defense used in the NFL. Denver in the nickle is a bad defense and they cant stop the run or the pass. We hired VJ off his resume and empty filler talk and that's what we got.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2018, 05:04 PM   #2
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Need a new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Not sure where the OP stands on VJ.
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:11 PM   #3
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You get what you pay for.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:19 PM   #4
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

An X and O guy he is not
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:30 PM   #5
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
You get what you pay for.
Exactly. We hired the worst DC in the league and paid him like it. That is what the Team is coached like and plays like.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:14 PM   #6
Bronx33
Douche Mod

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel

VJ = trash can
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #7
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marquez

He can’t do anything right.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:58 PM   #8
orinjkrush

Moar is Better

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mcmanus

Still wish JMFE paid Wade.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:01 PM   #9
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post
Still wish JMFE paid Wade.

Easy to say. Wade is half of that equation. So yeah, Elway could have offered more years or money on a deal, Wade would have had to accept it.

Never just one thing when a relationship of any kind falls apart.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:02 PM   #10
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Where are all the threads on the guy making all these bad decisions...Mr. Front Office?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:12 PM   #11
B-Large
Pork Hanger

Oily Variety Bohunk

What in lords name did Elway see in that pile of coaching ****? Literally nothing has gotten better since he started. Nothing. The roster isnít Swiss cheese like Sean McDermott is playing with...

Perhaps if Cousins landed here weíd win that Chiefs game and maybe that game today, i donít know but i think so. We literally do nothing well, outside of running the ball but we undermine that deliberately every game it seems.

What a miserable season.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:16 PM   #12
BroncosCR
Just Drafted

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The worst part of this is that today's loss will buy VJ sometime... It's a "close loss" against the best team in the league.He wins at least one game of the next 3 and he stays until the end of the season...
BroncosCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:16 PM   #13
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Kills me we turned down little Shanahan.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:18 PM   #14
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
What in lords name did Elway see in that pile of coaching ****? Literally nothing has gotten better since he started. Nothing. The roster isnít Swiss cheese like Sean McDermott is playing with...

Perhaps if Cousins landed here weíd win that Chiefs game and maybe that game today, i donít know but i think so. We literally do nothing well, outside of running the ball but we undermine that deliberately every game it seems.

What a miserable season.

Probably the same things other teams did. Not like Joseph was pulled out of some dark hole in the ground by Elway. VJ is clearly a miss. Elway has to get the next one right, or he will be gone too.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:19 PM   #15
B-Large
Pork Hanger

Oily Variety Bohunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosCR View Post
The worst part of this is that today's loss will buy VJ sometime... It's a "close loss" against the best team in the league.He wins at least one game of the next 3 and he stays until the end of the season...
Unfortunately i think your right. A rectal stretching by the Chiefs might seal it though...
Old 10-14-2018, 07:23 PM   #16
Bronx33
Douche Mod

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel

Quote:
Unfortunately i think your right. A rectal stretching by the Chiefs might seal it though...
The coaching staff is not NFL level and yes the anal deformation/beating should end the conversation.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:24 PM   #17
B-Large
Pork Hanger

Oily Variety Bohunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Probably the same things other teams did. Not like Joseph was pulled out of some dark hole in the ground by Elway. VJ is clearly a miss. Elway has to get the next one right, or he will be gone too.

Itís why i hope we lose every game here on out- i hate that thought, but we need to take the next no brainer QB before the Giants next year.. hire a coach with some rod and balls who doesnít excel in coachspeak nonsense... radio is patronizing, i hate that.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:26 PM   #18
B-Large
Pork Hanger

Oily Variety Bohunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
The coaching staff is not NFL level and yes the anal deformation/beating should end the conversation.
I hope we donít **** right for month after the next few games... .
Old 10-14-2018, 07:29 PM   #19
Bronx33
Douche Mod

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel

Quote:
I hope we donít **** right for month after the next few games... .
As painful as it will be I agree its like a bole just lance the ****er and begin the healing the other part is Elway, hes not as good at this as we would like to think.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:32 PM   #20
steeledude
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Exactly. We hired the worst DC in the league and paid him like it. That is what the Team is coached like and plays like.
Right--we can see he was one of the worst DCs in the league, but he was a hot name that year--often branded a defensive guru. And Josh McDaniels WAS an offensive guru, and he sucked too.

I think finding a good coach is a lot like a draft. Sometimes it's a crapshoot. We see Vance and all his blunders now, but he is not the first under-qualified person to pull the wool over someone's eyes and get a promotion.
steeledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:33 PM   #21
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:

What a miserable season.
You need to start and stop with that question and just focus on it alone.

What is the primary consideration in Elway's mind when he's making a coaching hire? Is it a willingness to cede control to him?

If the answer is yes, then that's the only real issue this team has, not QB, not who the present coach is or the draft or anything else.

Who runs this team's non-business direction?
Old 10-14-2018, 07:38 PM   #22
BroncosCR
Just Drafted

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Itís why i hope we lose every game here on out- i hate that thought, but we need to take the next no brainer QB before the Giants next year.. hire a coach with some rod and balls who doesnít excel in coachspeak nonsense... radio is patronizing, i hate that.
It's painful, but it needs to happen... We're going nowhere with the current coaching staff and Elway needs to clean the house at the end of the season...I hate it as a fan, but winning more games this season with VJ as the HC will hurt the team in the long run...
BroncosCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:42 PM   #23
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Denverdui likes to star threads from Bizarro world.

"Guys relax: We're terrible."

"VJ was successful. You can tell because he sucks."

This is the kind of logic a wife beater uses. "I hit you because I love you so much."
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:43 PM   #24
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
Right--we can see he was one of the worst DCs in the league, but he was a hot name that year--often branded a defensive guru. And Josh McDaniels WAS an offensive guru, and he sucked too.

I think finding a good coach is a lot like a draft. Sometimes it's a crapshoot. We see Vance and all his blunders now, but he is not the first under-qualified person to pull the wool over someone's eyes and get a promotion.
I dont think anyone thought he was a guru. He was a hot name in Houston and he went to Bengals. He was awful in Miami. We haven't seen anything that would say this guy is really creative and innovative. He is quite the opposite of a guru. Plays very soft and conservative hoping not to give up big plays.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 10-14-2018 at 08:06 PM..
Old 10-14-2018, 07:51 PM   #25
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
As painful as it will be I agree its like a bole just lance the ****er and begin the healing the other part is Elway, hes not as good at this as we would like to think.
The real question is WHY isn't he?

Is he not able to understand how to hire a coach, or is he unwilling to hire one that wants to run the team?

When Elway hired Fox he was 55 years old and coming off a 2-14 season. His career coaching record was 73-71, and he'd had 3 winning seasons out of 9 as a head coach. He was primarily noted as a guy who liked to run instead of pass, and Elway put him with Peyton Manning. Fox was on the down side of his career, and probably wasn't on many other team's short list of possible HC candidates.

When he hired Kubiak he was his best friend in the game, and hs head coaching record was 61-64, with 4 winning seasons in 8 years, and he was coming off a 2-11 season at age 53 when he coached the Texans in 2014. His offensive production as OC at Baltimore was OK but nothing extraordinary enough to make him a hot coaching commodity. I don't recall any other team trying to hire him in 2015. Perhaps Elway knew Philips would come in with him, who knows?

Now we come to VJ.

The question remains...what's driving his hiring decision with respect to a head coach?