The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2019, 08:18 PM   #101
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Damn, that's a lot. I didn't realize they had 2 5ths. That's a lot of capital making moving up to get Lock not such a big deal.
I keep saying Lock ainít worth a trade up
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:19 PM   #102
denverdude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
I dont think we'd trade up to top 2.

I'd be ok with a move up to 8 and trading away a 4 or something. Highest i can see us jump is 5 to get over the Giants/Jags.
I fear if Miami, Washington and even Jacksonville think Haskins is their guy, they will try to position themselves with a higher draft pick to grab their QBOTF.

Everything depends on who John's ''guy'' is in this draft. If it's Haskins, you need that #1 pick. Just my opinion though.
denverdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:19 PM   #103
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Damn, that's a lot. I didn't realize they had 2 5ths. That's a lot of capital making moving up to get Lock not such a big deal.
Depends on how high they want to move up. Moving to #5 won't be too hard. Moving to #2 or #1 will be much harder.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:20 PM   #104
Aztec Bronco
Pro Bowler

I hope they don't throw money at a safety. Simmons regressed some but I think Vic can get the most out of him, Parks really came on late this year and I think Dymonte Thomas has some potential.

Callahan and one of the stud LBs would give us a top 5 defense.
Aztec Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:20 PM   #105
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverdude View Post
I fear if Miami, Washington and even Jacksonville think Haskins is their guy, they will try to position themselves with a higher draft pick to grab their QBOTF.

Everything depends on who John's ''guy'' is in this draft. If it's Haskins, you need that #1 pick. Just my opinion though.
Gonna need one or two of those teams to grab a FA QB but it's gonna be a battle gettting a QB.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:21 PM   #106
denverdude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Haskins isn't even the best QB prospect in this draft, and he is definitely not more ready than Lock. Lock has had more exposure to pro concepts and has had to fit passes into tight windows more often.
Who is the best QB prospect in this class?
Old 01-12-2019, 08:21 PM   #107
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I keep saying Lock ainít worth a trade up
And I keep
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:22 PM   #108
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Gonna need one or two of those teams to grab a FA QB but it's gonna be a battle gettting a QB.
I'm quite comfortable with all four top QB prospects (Grier, Lock, Haskins, and Murray), so I'm not really worried about it. The stress other people seem to be experiencing is kind of amusing to me though.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:23 PM   #109
Aztec Bronco
Pro Bowler

I'd feel more comfortable with pretty much any of the other top QB prospects than I would with Lock. The Lock highlights wow you, but there's a lot of really ugly tape.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:25 PM   #110
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

There’s still a lot of evaluations to be made on these QBs. I think the combine will set the draft order. If teams are high on a relatively inexperienced Haskins, if he has a good combine, forget it, he’ll be untouchable. Same with Lock.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:26 PM   #111
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Quote:
I'm quite comfortable with all four top QB prospects (Grier, Lock, Haskins, and Murray), so I'm not really worried about it. The stress other people seem to be experiencing is kind of amusing to me though.
You dont like Daniel Jones?

I'm good with these QB's too, i dont think Elway would jump to 1-2, i could see a jump to 5-8.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:27 PM   #112
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
I hope they don't throw money at a safety. Simmons regressed some but I think Vic can get the most out of him, Parks really came on late this year and I think Dymonte Thomas has some potential.

Kinda. I think Wolfe is toast. He's below average. I know he's a vocal guy and a SB winner here with a lot of sentimental value to fans but I think he's a casualty this offseason. And I don't see Marshall, Peko or Roby back either. I see a lot of change.
I do think Callahan comes and a FA DT. I also think hey will target RT Ju'Waun James and TE Jesse James. Elway was very interested in James last year and was trying to trade for him. And IRman to me is just meh. Butt is an injury mess and Fumagalli is out injured. I think Elway will just buy a TE and draft another late. James won't be too expensive I dont think.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:28 PM   #113
denverdude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Thereís still a lot of evaluations to be made on these QBs. I think the combine will set the draft order. If teams are high on a relatively inexperienced Haskins, if he has a good combine, forget it, heíll be untouchable. Same with Lock.
Yeah if a team behind Denver falls in love with Haskins, and trades up, that will make things really interesting with pick 10. In that case, build around your defense.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:28 PM   #114
Aztec Bronco
Pro Bowler

Daniel Jones is a really clean QB prospect, you can see the Cutcliffe coaching with his movement in the pocket, looks like a Manning. I just don't see anything special. End of the 1st, 2nd round...absolutely. At #10 or even a trade up? Meeeeh.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:29 PM   #115
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

Quote:

They need to do something at the position. IMO Stewart was done after 2017 and Simmons has spent the last two seasons regressing or maybe heís not good enough. He gets another shot with a new coaching staff.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:29 PM   #116
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Who is the best QB prospect in this class?
Will Grier and Drew Lock are tied for me (Grier is more refined, Lock is more physically gifted). Both are being underrated because they didn't have a lot of national exposure, while Haskins is being overrated for the opposite reason. Haskins is very promising, don't get me wrong, but he's actually more raw than Lock, not less. Ohio State's offense allowed him to mostly complete wide open passes for lots of yards and points, and, when you look at the plays that matter most in terms of his projection into the NFL (tight window throws, anticipation throws), he's very erratic. He also has the mark of being a one year college starter, which does not have a great history in the pros. I like Haskins, and will be happy if we draft him, but I think Lock and Grier are slightly better for different reasons.

On a side note, if I were a gambling GM, Murray would be my guy, as I think his ceiling is the highest. I just don't know about his size, durability, one year starter status, and commitment to football, and that's a risky cocktail.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:30 PM   #117
denverdude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I'm good with these QB's too, i dont think Elway would jump to 1-2, i could see a jump to 5-8.
If Elway makes a move to get in the 5-8 range, he clearly has a guy in mind. You can't roll the dice. If you have someone you are in love with, you go all in to get him
Old 01-12-2019, 08:30 PM   #118
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Quote:
Yeah if a team behind Denver falls in love with Haskins, and trades up, that will make things really interesting with pick 10. In that case, build around your defense.
We did that this year, and we got 1 more win but we were alot more competitive.

We really need to get a QB.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:32 PM   #119
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Yep. A QB like Jones is interesting but is he worth the 10th pick? If Jones has a stellar combine will he be drafted before 10?
Old 01-12-2019, 08:33 PM   #120
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:

Jones is fine. I don't see anything exceptional with him though. I rank him close to Ryan Finley, but with better physical traits and less accuracy. I have him as a late 1st round flyer guy, partly because of his coach. I think Jones and Finley could both end up being quality starters, but not much more.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:33 PM   #121
Aztec Bronco
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Kinda. I think Wolfe is toast. He's below average. I know he's a vocal guy and a SB winner here with a lot of sentimental value to fans but I think he's a casualty this offseason. And I don't see Marshall, Peko or Roby back either. I see a lot of change.
I do think Callahan comes and a FA DT. I also think hey will target RT Ju'Waun James and TE Jesse James. Elway was very interested in James last year and was trying to trade for him. And IRman to me is just meh. Butt is an injury mess and Fumagalli is out injured. I think Elway will just buy a TE and draft another late. James won't be too expensive I dont think.
I think Wolfe is still a good run stopper, just not useful on 3rd downs anymore. With Gotsis coming on as a pass rusher plus Shelby, don't really need that from him. For his leadership qualities and early down ability, I still think he'll be back at a reduced rate.

I expect one of Peko or Kerr to be back as the NT. Marshall's totally washed. So is Stewart. Roby...see ya. There's a lot of dead weight on defense with adequate replacements on the roster.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:33 PM   #122
denverdude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
We did that this year, and we got 1 more win but we were alot more competitive.

We really need to get a QB.
For sure. But if your guy is not their at 10, don't just draft a QB cause you need a QB. You want to make sure you draft the right QB
Old 01-12-2019, 08:35 PM   #123
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
I think Wolfe is still a good run stopper, just not useful on 3rd downs anymore. With Gotsis coming on as a pass rusher plus Shelby, don't really need that from him. For his leadership qualities and early down ability, I still think he'll be back at a reduced rate.

I expect one of Peko or Kerr to be back as the NT. Marshall's totally washed. So is Stewart. Roby...see ya. There's a lot of dead weight on defense with adequate replacements on the roster.
I think Wolfe will restructure because of Fangio. Had we hired someone else I think he would have told Elway to **** off.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:35 PM   #124
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Quote:
Yep. A QB like Jones is interesting but is he worth the 10th pick? If Jones has a stellar combine will he be drafted before 10?
There were 3 QB's picked in the top 7 last year.

Four in the top 10 but last years QB class was widely heralded. This one has more questions but it's still good.

Would be risky to hope someone falls to 10, but so many teams need defensive help i'm not sure they move off from their pick.

Teams like the Cards, Niners, Jets, Raiders all need help badly on defense, Bucs too, as well as the Lions.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:35 PM   #125
denverdude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Will Grier and Drew Lock are tied for me (Grier is more refined, Lock is more physically gifted). Both are being underrated because they didn't have a lot of national exposure, while Haskins is being overrated for the opposite reason. Haskins is very promising, don't get me wrong, but he's actually more raw than Lock, not less. Ohio State's offense allowed him to mostly complete wide open passes for lots of yards and points, and, when you look at the plays that matter most in terms of his projection into the NFL (tight window throws, anticipation throws), he's very erratic. He also has the mark of being a one year college starter, which does not have a great history in the pros. I like Haskins, and will be happy if we draft him, but I think Lock and Grier are slightly better for different reasons.

On a side note, if I were a gambling GM, Murray would be my guy, as I think his ceiling is the highest. I just don't know about his size, durability, one year starter status, and commitment to football, and that's a risky cocktail.
I am with you on Murray, but not at pick #10. That is definitely a gamble, but the risk v. reward factor could be huge.