The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2019, 12:37 PM   #26
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

That opening speech was super awkward, but once he got comfortable and was answering questions he was awesome. I legit love this guy’s approach to the game. Hopefully all the cronyism and nepotism on the offensive side doesn’t derail this guy’s likely only chance as a head coach. I’m super pumped to see what he does on defense. Wish I could say the same on offense, but hopefully Kubiak surprises me.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:40 PM   #27
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
****ing love his answers. He’s a human unlike the robot VJ.

Asnwered the him calling defensive plays like a mob boss.

Asnwered if he had to lean on Kubiak for advice etc perfectly. “If I have to lean a lot in in trouble”.
I seriously already love the guy. I wish I could muster more enthusiasm for the offense, but the cronyism and nepotism is just gross.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:41 PM   #28
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

I will say this about the Kubiak offense, I'm excited to see what Philip Lindsay can do with the pitch out in the zone blocking. I also think Bolles may be well suited for that scheme as an OT. Will be curious to see what QB they target for the future. You know they will add one in this draft.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:45 PM   #29
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
They had Elway in the back for a couple seconds lol at the end of it.
What he say
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:46 PM   #30
mellow mood
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Man I am pumped up after watching that
Really happy with the Fangio hire
mellow mood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:47 PM   #31
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
I will say this about the Kubiak offense, I'm excited to see what Philip Lindsay can do with the pitch out in the zone blocking. I also think Bolles may be well suited for that scheme as an OT. Will be curious to see what QB they target for the future. You know they will add one in this draft.
After watching most of the top prospects throughout 3+ games, I’m pretty convinced the rumors that Lock is Kubiak’s and Elway’s guy are true. He’s very much in the same mold as Cutler, but has a much better attitude, and, for whatever reason, I think that’s what a Bronco QB looks like in most peoples’ minds. I literally thought “that looks like a Bronco QB” when I was watching his tape lol.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:49 PM   #32
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
After watching most of the top prospects throughout 3+ games, I’m pretty convinced the rumors that Lock is Kubiak’s and Elway’s guy are true. He’s very much in the same mold as Cutler, but has a much better attitude, and, for whatever reason, I think that’s what a Bronco QB looks like in most peoples’ minds. I literally thought “that looks like a Bronco QB” when I was watching his tape lol.
I agree, and I'm on board. Hopefully they only need to move up a few spots.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:52 PM   #33
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Well, he's not much of a PR guy. Sounds like Vince Lombardi - all he cares about is coaching players. That's where his focus is. John going "old school." I agree with the concept. Get all the fundamentals right and success will follow. Basically, the most important factor is the talent on the roster. That never changes. I'll be interested to see how game management plays out. I guess the key question now is, who is the OC?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:53 PM   #34
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Old 01-10-2019, 12:54 PM   #35
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

He’s never going to live that down.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:55 PM   #36
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Well, he's not much of a PR guy. Sounds like Vince Lombardi - all he cares about is coaching players. That's where his focus is. John going "old school." I agree with the concept. Get all the fundamentals right and success will follow. Basically, the most important factor is the talent on the roster. That never changes. I'll be interested to see how game management plays out. I guess the key question now is, who is the OC?
Fangio refused to answer that question, but we still all know the answer.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:56 PM   #37
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Quote:
What he say
It was only like 5-10 seconds but Elway basically said Vic sold them in the interview they had with him.

Nothing too crazy. Then it cut off.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:56 PM   #38
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
socalorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:56 PM   #39
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Agreed. Keenum aside, Elway still loves a guy with a big arm. He still has visions of the bootleg/long bomb off PA.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:57 PM   #40
Big Cheeze
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
I agree, and I'm on board. Hopefully they only need to move up a few spots.
I'd love it if we only need to move up a few spots, but if they truly believe he is their guy for the next decade then Ditka that **** and do whatever it takes to get him. I don't want the weak wait and hope he flls to us approach. If he's your guy, be aggressive and get him.
Big Cheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #41
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Pretty good interview though, pretty confident the defense is gonna be badass once they add some more pieces. Fangio is all business and he's right football is won with fundamentals and coaching/teaching.

Like others, i wish i could be more confident in the offense but i'm pretty certain we're adding a QB in the draft. Drew Lock seems like the target, if we have to move up, i just hope it's not crazy high but if that's the guy then gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #42
champhalloffamer
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Garrett Bolles, Ron Leary and Matt Paradis are excellent fits for the ZBS. Veldheer maybe not but he is a badass and he was probably the best RT we had since Orlando Franklin in 2012-13. We could go with McGovern and Veldheer on the right side and continue to mix in the inside zone and power runs on the strong side. Billy Turner and Elijah Wilkinson give us depth and versatility. If Paradis leaves in free agency we can move McGovern to center. It might not be much different in personnel form last season but free agency is brutal on the Oline so we have to hope the system change plus coaching will get us to improve. Jonah Williams at 10 is an option and would start at RT as a rookie if Veldheer doesnt come back.
champhalloffamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:59 PM   #43
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Agreed. Keenum aside, Elway still loves a guy with a big arm. He still has visions of the bootleg/long bomb off PA.
I still love it too, if I’m totally honest.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:00 PM   #44
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Hopefully he has enough pull to stop Kubiak from bringing Dennison back. He is supposed to be the HC.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:01 PM   #45
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:02 PM   #46
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Pretty good interview though, pretty confident the defense is gonna be badass once they add some more pieces. Fangio is all business and he's right football is won with fundamentals and coaching/teaching.

Like others, i wish i could be more confident in the offense but i'm pretty certain we're adding a QB in the draft. Drew Lock seems like the target, if we have to move up, i just hope it's not crazy high but if that's the guy then gotta do what you gotta do.
5 should get this done. Haskins is kinda trying to make his play to go to NYG.
So just staying ahead of JAX and making sure a dark horse like MIA doesn’t jump DEN that should be high enough. Still got the Senior Bowl and combine. Locks arm on full display.
socalorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:03 PM   #47
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by champhalloffamer View Post
Garrett Bolles, Ron Leary and Matt Paradis are excellent fits for the ZBS. Veldheer maybe not but he is a badass and he was probably the best RT we had since Orlando Franklin in 2012-13. We could go with McGovern and Veldheer on the right side and continue to mix in the inside zone and power runs on the strong side. Billy Turner and Elijah Wilkinson give us depth and versatility. If Paradis leaves in free agency we can move McGovern to center. It might not be much different in personnel form last season but free agency is brutal on the Oline so we have to hope the system change plus coaching will get us to improve. Jonah Williams at 10 is an option and would start at RT as a rookie if Veldheer doesnt come back.
I was looking at the available FA OT’s. The guy Elway almost traded for, Ju’Waun James is a FA. Maybe get him to replace Veldheer.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:04 PM   #48
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:

This time Last year we listened to a new HC mention Mike ****ing Singletary and Marvin Lewis as his mentors/traits to be like in his press conference.

This year we got a boss.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:05 PM   #49
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champhalloffamer View Post
Bolles-Leary-McGovern is an okay start to the line, not sure we pay Paradis the money he's gonna get in free agency, 8-10 mil a year.

Massie, Daryl Williams and Ju'Waun James are FA's at RT, decent options. Veldheer is an okay stop gap if the money wasnt a ton.

The interior line is kinda ****ty for free agency though.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:05 PM   #50
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

The guy is so down to earth. Doesn't even own a tie. Love the death by inches. He wont let anything slide. I like the idea of least penalized.

I really like that he said the player must know his role on the team.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote