The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2019, 04:54 PM   #51
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36,941

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Because the owner of the Redskins was a meddler....
Breaking news: So is Elway.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:54 PM   #52
TheCoachBear
College Coach
 
Scout

Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 446

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Janovich
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
There's a big difference between having him work in a draft consultant capacity and implementing Kubiak's offense in 2019.
It is your assumption that Elway blocking the interview means Kubkiak would then be our OC.
TheCoachBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:57 PM   #53
TheCoachBear
College Coach
 
Scout

Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 446

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Janovich
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Do you know for a fact is was because of him?
Which players were his choice?
Maybe it was because they were picking in the #5 spot?
Maybe they got lucky this year?

The only addition that we know was because of him was...Keenum.
Read my words carefully, they were chosen carefully. His presence seems to have positively influenced our draft. Be level headed and donít assume the worst or best, itís clear by your questions you are assuming the worst. Stay calm friend, your posts elsewhere have been much more intuitive.
TheCoachBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:57 PM   #54
qbronco
Lifelong Fan
 
qbronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,785

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoachBear View Post
It is your assumption that Elway blocking the interview means Kubkiak would then be our OC.
It is my assumption cramming Kubiak down anyoneís throat may be detrimental in the hiring process. A head coach should be able to pick his assistants since his success is directly tied to them.
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:59 PM   #55
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Why would his record from the previous decade matter more than his record from this decade?
[] Snyder was a meddlesome owner.

[] Bowlen was not.

[] Mike didnít have Kubiak as his OC in Washington
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:00 PM   #56
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 10,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
It is my assumption cramming Kubiak down anyoneís throat may be detrimental in the hiring process. A head coach should be able to pick his assistants since his success is directly tied to them.
is tom caughlin another old guy being crammed down the throat ?
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:00 PM   #57
TheCoachBear
College Coach
 
Scout

Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 446

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Janovich
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
It is my assumption cramming Kubiak down anyoneís throat may be detrimental in the hiring process. A head coach should be able to pick his assistants since his success is directly tied to them.
Its like reserving a table at a restaurant that doesnít have a fee just in case youíre hungry and want it. There is nothing to lose by blocking the interview and only something to gain if the future staff would like Kubiak, or if itís to reserve him in the FO to keep helping with the draft.

Everyone has a very negative, shortsided philosophy in 2019 so far.
TheCoachBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:01 PM   #58
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Breaking news: So is Elway.
Then Mike will decline any offer made
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:02 PM   #59
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 10,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoachBear View Post
Read my words carefully, they were chosen carefully. His presence seems to have positively influenced our draft. Be level headed and donít assume the worst or best, itís clear by your questions you are assuming the worst. Stay calm friend, your posts elsewhere have been much more intuitive.
"be-level-headed "
is not a square on the typical maner jump-to-conclusion mats.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:02 PM   #60
qbronco
Lifelong Fan
 
qbronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,785

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
is tom caughlin another old guy being crammed down the throat ?
Why the **** does that matter? Are the Broncos preventing teams from talking to him, too?
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:02 PM   #61
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 14,661

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighMagic View Post
Huh? Not one losing season, three double-digit win seasons, and hosting an AFC Championship game in Ď05. You prefer the current situation?
Where we won a title? Yes.

The last years of Shanny is where a franchise dwells in mediocrity. Win 9-11 games but never have a real contender, draft crappy players in the back end of the first round. Rinse/repeat.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:03 PM   #62
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoachBear View Post
Read my words carefully, they were chosen carefully. His presence seems to have positively influenced our draft. Be level headed and donít assume the worst or best, itís clear by your questions you are assuming the worst. Stay calm friend, your posts elsewhere have been much more intuitive.
lol, I'm calm. I see a ton of "HE FIXED OUR DRAFTING" regarding Kubiak when that is not actually a known and may be nothing more than wishful thinking.

One would think his table pounding for Keenum would give much more pause regarding his role.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:07 PM   #63
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nakatomi Plaza
Posts: 23,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Wade coming back?
Probably not. Though Wade only came back to the Broncos because of Kubiak.

No Kubiak. No Wade. No third SB title.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:12 PM   #64
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 13,737
Default

Shanny has gotten worse since 1998. One playoff win, and Pat fired him after three mediocre seasons of .500. Then he had a losing record at Washington. Then heís been out of football for 5 years. No way Pat would rehire a retread he fired for being mediocre a decade ago. This would be against his wishes.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:14 PM   #65
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36,941

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Probably not. Though Wade only came back to the Broncos because of Kubiak.

No Kubiak. No Wade. No third SB title.
With that line of thinking, the Bengals were the true MVP of our Super Bowl win.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:16 PM   #66
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 37,228
Default

Already on a Fangio bender.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:18 PM   #67
MileHighMagic
✝ Proverbs 3:5-6 ✝
 
MileHighMagic's Avatar
 
Chicks dig the deep ball

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
💥#30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Why would his record from the previous decade matter more than his record from this decade?
Because it was in Denver and that is where he would be returning. Why do you seem to dismiss all his previous successes? Focus on his D.C. record if you choose; most people recognize Snyder screwed that situation up when it had the potential to be special from the start.
I believe Mike Shanahan the HC is as good as there is - to this day! If he concedes the GM duties, unlike in the past, we would be sitting pretty, IMO. Of course you will fire back asking why he is on his couch at home if heís so great...All I know is two of my heroes whose football intellect are as high as anyoneís, believe Shanny can still get it done and thatís good enough for me.
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:28 PM   #68
orange crusher
Predominately Orange
 
orange crusher's Avatar
 
Mile High No Fly

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 3,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
we just put a guy who has a 40year old calendar on the supreme court
Still crying about that?
orange crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:29 PM   #69
MileHighMagic
✝ Proverbs 3:5-6 ✝
 
MileHighMagic's Avatar
 
Chicks dig the deep ball

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
💥#30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Where we won a title? Yes.

The last years of Shanny is where a franchise dwells in mediocrity. Win 9-11 games but never have a real contender, draft crappy players in the back end of the first round. Rinse/repeat.
You implied early 2000ís were poor compared to the present situation.

Getting run out of the RCA Dome by a legend and coming within a game of the Super Bowl is preferable to me than counting our win total on one hand and trying not to fall asleep when we have the ball.
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:29 PM   #70
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nakatomi Plaza
Posts: 23,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
With that line of thinking, the Bengals were the true MVP of our Super Bowl win.
The only line of thinking that matters is Wadeís. It was his decision.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #71
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36,941

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
The only line of thinking that matters is Wadeís. It was his decision.
Actually it wasn't. He was their second choice after the Bengals denied them Joseph.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:34 PM   #72
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36,941

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighMagic View Post
Because it was in Denver and that is where he would be returning. Why do you seem to dismiss all his previous successes? Focus on his D.C. record if you choose; most people recognize Snyder screwed that situation up when it had the potential to be special from the start.
I believe Mike Shanahan the HC is as good as there is - to this day! If he concedes the GM duties, unlike in the past, we would be sitting pretty, IMO. Of course you will fire back asking why he is on his couch at home if heís so great...All I know is two of my heroes whose football intellect are as high as anyoneís, believe Shanny can still get it done and thatís good enough for me.
I dismiss it all because we are almost a decade removed from his time in Denver, and two decades removed from his two Super Bowl wins. Coaches lose it just like players. The game passes them by. The Redskins tried the same crap with Joe Gibbs at one point. How'd that work out?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:40 PM   #73
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 28,474
Default

Nothing has changed since Monday, we know as much now as we did then. So naturally, this place is freaking out.


Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:58 PM   #74
Blake Street Bomber
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,030
Default

Why did the mods merge? Gunns had the best thread.
Blake Street Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:58 PM   #75
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,123

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Breaking news: So is Elway.
Braking news: Elway is not the owner. His job is to meddle.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Denver Broncos