The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2019, 12:52 PM   #51
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 13,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
We're all just guessing, but I will say with great confidence, based on what they are coming out of college:

Drew Lock < Josh Allen as a prospect
Will Grier < Josh Rosen as a prospect
Dwayne Haskins > Mitchell Trubisky as a prospect
Kyler Murray > Lamar Jackson as a prospect

This just isn't a bad QB class. The tape doesn't lie.
FIFY
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:56 PM   #52
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36,941

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
FIFY
Took me a bit to figure out what you changed lol.

If you honestly think Rosen had better tape than Grier and Allen had better tape than Lock, I have to question your eyesight and/or your brainpower. Then again, didnít you like them both more than Mayfield as well?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:57 PM   #53
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 36,420
Default




Translation: the potential first pick in the draft is a "project".
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:59 PM   #54
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36,941

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

As a one year starter, heís better than Trubisky was, so I donít think that will stop anyone from taking him high in the 1st.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:01 PM   #55
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36,941

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post



Translation: the potential first pick in the draft is a "project".
So was Mayfield according to many. And the other three lauded 2018 QBís really were projects based on their rookie seasons. So what?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:07 PM   #56
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted
 
Old Coyote's Avatar
 
Cake!!!

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,163
Default

One of Haskins, Lock, Grier, or Murray will fall to us if we stay at 10 IMO. Any one of them would be an upgrade.

Hope lives.
Old Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:10 PM   #57
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 13,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post



Translation: the potential first pick in the draft is a "project".
Leave it to Chris Mortensen to bring everyone back to reality. Reminding us all,especially me,that this is a crappy year to draft a QB.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:14 PM   #58
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36,941

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Leave it to Chris Mortensen to bring everyone back to reality. Reminding us all,especially me,that this is a crappy year to draft a QB.
Have you actually watched tape of these guys, or are you just relying on others to form your opinions for you?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:18 PM   #59
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 36,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
As a one year starter, heís better than Trubisky was, so I donít think that will stop anyone from taking him high in the 1st.
Agree. But that doesn't mean he's a plug and play NFL starter.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:20 PM   #60
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 36,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
So was Mayfield according to many. And the other three lauded 2018 QBís really were projects based on their rookie seasons. So what?
Mayfield played 4 years of college football, most as a starter, fyi.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:20 PM   #61
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Agree. But that doesn't mean he's a plug and play NFL starter.
Who cares? DEN sucks. Let him sit for a few games behind Keesum and then roll with him.
Its irrelevant.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:22 PM   #62
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 33,737

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Who cares? DEN sucks. Let him sit for a few games behind Keesum and then roll with him.
Its irrelevant.


**** sitting anyone. Multiple QBs in this draft are better than a 7-8 year career back up.



Problem is Jags and Giants will have their say first. Leaving Denver scraps. But we got to see 2 wins!!!!
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:24 PM   #63
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36,941

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Agree. But that doesn't mean he's a plug and play NFL starter.
I mean he can start right away. That doesn't mean it will be pretty right away. He's definitely not a Josh Allen-type project.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #64
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36,941

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Mayfield played 4 years of college football, most as a starter, fyi.
And yet many said he played in an offense that didn't prepare him for the pros at all. People say all kinds of stupid ****. Haskins is as ready to play in the pros as Darnold was. No one was worried about Darnold starting right away.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:26 PM   #65
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 36,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Who cares? DEN sucks. Let him sit for a few games behind Keesum and then roll with him.
Its irrelevant.
It's relevant to the extent you desire a more polished, NFL ready QB over a guy you draft based on "potential". Especially when you're using a high 1 round pick. I'm not saying you don't draft the guy, I'm just saying it's a consideration.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:27 PM   #66
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
**** sitting anyone. Multiple QBs in this draft are better than a 7-8 year career back up.



Problem is Jags and Giants will have their say first. Leaving Denver scraps. But we got to see 2 wins!!!!
OK. Iím in. I like how Reid let Mahomes sit a year. Helped him immensely.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:27 PM   #67
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 36,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Problem is Jags and Giants will have their say first. Leaving Denver scraps. But we got to see 2 wins!!!!
It really sucks that they both lost their final games. Particularly the Giants who came so close to winning.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:28 PM   #68
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
It's relevant to the extent you desire a more polished, NFL ready QB over a guy you draft based on "potential". Especially when you're using a high 1 round pick. I'm not saying you don't draft the guy, I'm just saying it's a consideration.
See mt last postI would want Keesum to finish out his contract and then start the rookie the following year. This team isnít going anywhere next year.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:28 PM   #69
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36,941

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
It really sucks that they both lost their final games. Particularly the Giants who came so close to winning.
It also sucks that we won the two meaningless games against the Steelers and Chargers. But hey, the super-fans were happy...
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:29 PM   #70
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36,941

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
See mt last postI would want Keesum to finish out his contract and then start the rookie the following year. This team isnít going anywhere next year.
Nah. Play the rook and let him learn on the job.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:29 PM   #71
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer
 
GoneFishin''s Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 9,038

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:34 PM   #72
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
See mt last postI would want Keesum to finish out his contract and then start the rookie the following year. This team isnít going anywhere next year.
**** that. You're burning your cost controlled years. Get 4 full years of data before you have to commit $40 mil a year to this guy.

Also need to see what he's got so if he stinks you can go after Trevor Lawrence.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:35 PM   #73
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default


Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:36 PM   #74
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 36,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
**** that. You're burning your cost controlled years. Get 4 full years of data before you have to commit $40 mil a year to this guy.

Also need to see what he's got so if he stinks you can go after Trevor Lawrence.
Yup. It's why guys who are more ready to play are more valuable.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:38 PM   #75
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer
 
GoneFishin''s Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 9,038

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

He's the next great prospect but let's not get carried away.
GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Denver Broncos