The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2019, 07:49 PM   #26
BroncoFox
Cheervixen

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

The top teams get far ahead with passing, and then run out the game with rushes. That is reality. There are not a bunch of rushing biased teams in the playoffs, that's ridiculous. A well balanced team will go far in the playoffs - so a solid running attack, and almost always a great QB. There are exceptions, but there is a reason in the last 15 years, SB winning teams feature a franchise, HOF QB. And it's not because of their rushing prowess.

Rushing is important, but you are silly to claim that rushing is what is making these teams successful. Passing = king. Rushing is a complimentary, important component.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:27 PM   #27
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why doesn't everyone run the wing T and get to 30 rushes if that is all it takes? Plenty of Lamar Jackson, Tyrell Pryor and Tebow QBs around.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:47 AM   #28
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960

cooking up a victory

if the ravens get to the "SHOW " yoyu may see OWNERS looking that way, current coaches and GMs have been resistant, insisting it wont work in the NFL, but their resistance may get their arses kicked by reality.
YES a team must be able to PASS, but I still side with LOMBARDI when it comes to playing football.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:49 AM   #29
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
if the ravens get to the "SHOW " yoyu may see OWNERS looking that way, current coaches and GMs have been resistant, insisting it wont work in the NFL, but their resistance may get their arses kicked by reality.
YES a team must be able to PASS, but I still side with LOMBARDI when it comes to playing football.
Ravens aren't getting to the show. That nonsense will stop soon enough. Just look at the run D's they have faced since Jackson took over and think about it for a bit.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:53 AM   #30
GreatBronco16
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
think about it for a bit.
You're asking for the impossible from it.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:04 AM   #31
CHEF LUIGI

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
The top teams get far ahead with passing, and then run out the game with rushes. That is reality. There are not a bunch of rushing biased teams in the playoffs, that's ridiculous. A well balanced team will go far in the playoffs - so a solid running attack, and almost always a great QB. There are exceptions, but there is a reason in the last 15 years, SB winning teams feature a franchise, HOF QB. And it's not because of their rushing prowess.

Rushing is important, but you are silly to claim that rushing is what is making these teams successful. Passing = king. Rushing is a complimentary, important component.
no, that is cliche, not reality, look no further than the seahawks.
even the RAMS with their great O mind and QB still have come to find that recipe you point to does not work.

I contend that every single team who has the most rushing ATTEMPTS in their games will win, yards be damned... ATTEMPTS !
lets see how that plays out IN THE PLAY-OFFS !
Old 01-03-2019, 10:06 AM   #32
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
no, that is cliche, not reality, look no further than the seahawks.
even the RAMS with their great O mind and QB still have come to find that recipe you point to does not work.

I contend that every single team who has the most rushing ATTEMPTS in their games will win, yards be damned... ATTEMPTS !
lets see how that plays out.
Such a stupid argument. If you dont pick up yards you will never get to that magical 30 carries you keep pushing.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:11 AM   #33
CHEF LUIGI

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Ravens aren't getting to the show. That nonsense will stop soon enough. Just look at the run D's they have faced since Jackson took over and think about it for a bit.
I have the ravens making it to the dance, only to lose to the saints, where their pass-minded HC has learned his lesson and now calls more run plays IN THE FIRST HALF and thru-out the game.
I think the chargers will indeed be their biggest obstacle to get there, if they face the PATS the ravens will be victorious !
LAMAR does have a propensity to fumble, that is my ONLY concern regarding their O, they have enough proficiency in the PASS game, to be competitive.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:15 AM   #34
GreatBronco16
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
I already humiliated you once on this when you said that Denver never lost a game when they had over 30 attempts rushing in a game.

You're are mentally retarded aren't you? Cause only someone that is can continue to make these same asinine comments over and over.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:18 AM   #35
CHEF LUIGI

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
I already humiliated you once on this when you said that Denver never lost a game when they had over 30 attempts rushing in a game.

You're are mentally retarded aren't you? Cause only someone that is can continue to make these same asinine comments over and over.
thanks for the update, lets see how my idiocy gets shot down in those meaningless play-off games, shall we ?
Old 01-03-2019, 03:15 PM   #36
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

I like to put ran-dom hyphens in words with multiple syllables.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:07 PM   #37
TonyR
Franchise Poster

TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:23 PM   #38
BroncoFox
Cheervixen

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

Quote:
lets see how that plays out IN THE PLAY-OFFS !
That doesn't mean that the rushing attempts are what ultimately won the game for them. Also it's a weird #. 25 rushes to 35, that's the normal "range" of rushes for a game. If you are not doing that, that means you are having to rely on the passing game more.

Why? Perhaps because they know (i.e. Keenum) can't throw for squat, so they run up the safeties and obliterate your running game, forcing the QB to throw. If they are bad, you have a QB throwing a ton of passes. A ton of really short, checkdown passes.

The other scenario is that the other team scored so quickly (almost always due to the passing game, with sprinkled in runs), that the other team has no choice but to pass-pass-pass to try and catch up.

The latter is the stat you are trying to make a point off of, and it makes no sense. The REASON (capping for your benefit =) ), is because once a team is down 14 points (and sometimes even 10, and the coach panics), is because they don't want to lose clock. They pass to try and give their team more time to catch up.

This almost never works, because the other team that just torched you for like.. 180 yards passing in the first half, did that because your defense can't stop them, and they just do it again. You may have scored 3.. they score 7. Now you are more in the hole, and you pass and pass and pass to try to score quickly, and keep time on the clock.

Teams are not rushing because they are consistently driving down the field because of it. They are rushing because you didn't stop their last 3 passes for 15 + yards, and it's an easy play. Or because they are up 14 + points, and just want to run the clock out and force you to an even greater passing game, making you super one dimensional.

Your premise is that the rushing game is what wins games. The reality is that rushing is what winning teams are doing around all their QBs obliterating defenses with the passing game, because it's easy pickings or because it kills the clock. Yes.. winning teams are rushing plenty. NO... the rushing game is NOT what is winning those games. You are not paying attention to the big picture. Just stats.. and stats mean next to nothing.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:32 PM   #39
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

They also didn't mention they played the worst 4 or 5 rush defenses too. Tampa, KC, Bengals, Atlanta, etc.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:36 PM   #40
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
They also didn't mention they played the worst 4 or 5 rush defenses too. Tampa, KC, Bengals, Atlanta, etc.
That may explain a small part of it. This is more about how a QB like Jackson opens up the running game for them. They're clearly a better team with Jackson then they were with Flacco. Whether or not it's sustainable (it isn't) is a whole other discussion.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:39 PM   #41
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
That may explain a small part of it. This is more about how a QB like Jackson opens up the running game for them. They're clearly a better team with Jackson then they were with Flacco. Whether or not it's sustainable (it isn't) is a whole other discussion.
Yeah it gives them another blocker for sure and shortens the game. This weekend is going to be interesting. LAC is small and the weak spot is interior front 7 where the Ravens are really big/strength of the OL. Now LAC gets to see the read option a second time and will be better prepared. If they Rivers and Co get up big and early they could make an easy win but if it stays close in a slugfest it could be like the first go around.

This lineup will do wonders for a run D too. Bengals, Raiders, KC, ATL, Bucs, Chargers and Browns.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:00 PM   #42
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
They're NFL teams so props to Lamar and the Ravens for running all over them.
GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:37 PM   #43
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted

Cake!!!

So let me get this straight.... like when you go down by 2+ scores running is the answer in chef's kitchen?

Sounds like radio logic.

headset goes here....practices hard.
Old Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:50 PM   #44
CHEF LUIGI

cooking up a victory

ha ha
oh down by 2 scores 3 quarters left in the game, I should sit adrian petersen and pass the ball 49 times, so far behind, 2 scores, can we just throw a towel or something.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:51 PM   #45
CHEF LUIGI

cooking up a victory

BTW first 2 games the team with the most attempts running wins.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:30 AM   #46
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
BTW first 2 games the team with the most attempts running wins.
You do realize those 2 teams ran over 70 total plays right? Just like I told you in the other thread when you were saying Texans should be running that at the time both teams were passing double to running and you would get to use your running argument vmbecause Indy was trying to run the clock out.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:42 AM   #47
CEH
Ring of Famer

Maybe Indy’s other Olineman are finally playing well but Nelson could be the best rookie this year. Indy just ran all over Houston top ranked run defense
And watching Nelson destroy players like clowney was so fun to watch
To trade back and get 2 all pros and another starting OLineman
Not to mention Luck amazing what a Gm with a different vision can do
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:46 PM   #48
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Denver has the running backs but needs a better OL.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:02 PM   #49
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Looks like Ravens started believing Chefs win strategy
This is the scenario I have been talking about. The 30 runs is the key vs yardage is nonense.you cant get to 30 runs unless you mo the ball. Ravens are running every down pretty much and are going 3 and out. They will be lucky to get to 30 runs. Sorry QB is king and passing. Everyone knows this except the chef and salary proves it.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:00 PM   #50
CHEF LUIGI

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Looks like Ravens started believing Chefs win strategy
This is the scenario I have been talking about. The 30 runs is the key vs yardage is nonense.you cant get to 30 runs unless you mo the ball. Ravens are running every down pretty much and are going 3 and out. They will be lucky to get to 30 runs. Sorry QB is king and passing. Everyone knows this except the chef and salary proves it.
I said the team with the most rush ATTEMPTS would win every game
now 3 for 3.
BTW, the CHARGERS rabn the ball more than the magical 30 times .

run commitment, coming from a team with the superior passing talent, you know, the team with the ex running back as the HC.
a former bronco RB !
run the ball first and often, play great D outstanding adjustment by the charger defense playing safeties in place of LBs