The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960

cooking up a victory

Default RUN to the PLAY-OFFS

8 of the top ten teams in RUSHING ATTEMPTS made the play-offs !
wherer do the broncos rank in rushing ATTEMPTS ?
20 NFL teams attempted to run the ball more than DENVER.
we have keenum and LINDSEY and we pass the ball 40 times a game and only attempt to run it 24
FIRE the retard who calls the plays, dump musgrave and get back to winning bronco style football
run the gaddum ball !
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2018, 05:17 PM   #2
Ponyta
Seasoned Veteran

Born to Run

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Agree that no way Keenum should throw 40 times but you also have to take into account how far you fall behind and winning teams running the clock out.
Ponyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:23 PM   #3
CHEF LUIGI

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyta View Post
Agree that no way Keenum should throw 40 times but you also have to take into account how far you fall behind and winning teams running the clock out.
my friend we were running the ball maybe 10 times in the first half of most games.
KEENUM had 15 INTs and 34 sacks, he lost 235yards to sacks, maybe if he handed the ball off to one of the leagues best backfields, we would not have been behind !
also, define behind !
shanny would be down 10 points in the first half and abandon the run for the rest of the game
andy reid and all the other pass junkies do the same !
lindsey gets 15 touches a game THAT INCLUDES RECEPTIONS, and keenum is attempting 40 passes?
how the F does that make any sense?
seattle, with WILSON as their QB is still at the top of the list for rush ATTEMPTS !
Old 12-31-2018, 05:32 PM   #4
Ponyta
Seasoned Veteran

Born to Run

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
my friend we were running the ball maybe 10 times in the first half of most games.
KEENUM had 15 INTs and 34 sacks, he lost 235yards to sacks, maybe if he handed the ball off to one of the leagues best backfields, we would not have been behind !
also, define behind !
shanny would be down 10 points in the first half and abandon the run for the rest of the game
andy reid and all the other pass junkies do the same !
lindsey gets 15 touches a game THAT INCLUDES RECEPTIONS, and keenum is attempting 40 passes?
how the F does that make any sense?
seattle, with WILSON as their QB is still at the top of the list for rush ATTEMPTS !
Agree with all that.
Ponyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:37 PM   #5
CHEF LUIGI

cooking up a victory

BTW...
3 of the top 4 teams that led the league in pass ATTEMPTS FAILED to make the play-offs !
KC the only one that did.
If I had a kid like mahommes I might consider throwing the ball more too.
But look at how they have struggled without their star RB.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:23 AM   #6
Ragnar
Perennial Pro-bowler

hate them chiefs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly

Look man, I'm not saying you're wrong.

But you also need to be *good* at consistently running the ball. Lindsay is electric, but he's a 0 or 15 yard Running back. He either gets 0 yards, or 15 yards. Being such a small guy, he's rarely going to last the whole season too. I said way back in pre-season that I'll be excited if he manages to last all 16 games.

We need a hard nosed "Always falls forward" 4 yard back to be in a position to run the ball that many times a game. I think Freeman can be that guy, but he sure didn't get much of a chance this year as the year dragged on.

Play to your strengths... Sadly we didn't have a strength, run game or passing game...
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 01:49 AM   #7
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Royce Freeman was killing it to start the year and then we started passing all the time and giving what carries we had to Lindsay. Then Royce kinda was falling off (along with Lindsay) when he got back in later on once our WR core had been evaporated.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:49 AM   #8
CHEF LUIGI

cooking up a victory

so the 30 of you who post regularly are too cowardly to post your predictions?
typical.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:07 AM   #9
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

The 2017 Vikings pretty much gave the Broncos the formula to win with Keenum. They were second in the league in rushing attempts and 21st in passing attempts.

It was frustrating to watch the play calling early in Broncos games. The theory that you have to pass to get a lead, and then run late to maintain it is BS. If you can run the ball well, run early to get the lead, and then run to maintain the lead. It's a formula that still works in the NFL.

All of the rule changes are geared toward passing, teams are heavily invested in their QBs, and the quickest way to becoming a head coach is by being an OC who led a successful passing attack. It's too tempting to go pass happy. Too many teams have abandoned the run game. Most QBs in the league have no business throwing the ball 40 times a game. Even some of the good ones.

While I hated the first half of this season because of the video game numbers from the passing game, which led to a lot of scoring, I liked that it seemed like the league adjusted itself in the second half of the season. We didn't see the offensive explosions like we did early in the year. Maybe the ref stopped calling so many drive extending penalties on DBs. I don't remember very many terrible roughing the passer penalties as the season progressed. There were a lot early. Maybe it was the weather change. I don't know, but it seemed like they got back to playing football in the second half of the season.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:10 AM   #10
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You can run the ball every down and be dead last in attempts if you cant pick up first downs. The teams that ran the most plays per game usually win.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:49 AM   #11
CEH
Ring of Famer

Elway knows this. This is why Gase hates Elway. John mandated Gase run the ball more in 2014.
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:52 AM   #12
CHEF LUIGI

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
The 2017 Vikings pretty much gave the Broncos the formula to win with Keenum. They were second in the league in rushing attempts and 21st in passing attempts.

It was frustrating to watch the play calling early in Broncos games. The theory that you have to pass to get a lead, and then run late to maintain it is BS. If you can run the ball well, run early to get the lead, and then run to maintain the lead. It's a formula that still works in the NFL.

All of the rule changes are geared toward passing, teams are heavily invested in their QBs, and the quickest way to becoming a head coach is by being an OC who led a successful passing attack. It's too tempting to go pass happy. Too many teams have abandoned the run game. Most QBs in the league have no business throwing the ball 40 times a game. Even some of the good ones.

While I hated the first half of this season because of the video game numbers from the passing game, which led to a lot of scoring, I liked that it seemed like the league adjusted itself in the second half of the season. We didn't see the offensive explosions like we did early in the year. Maybe the ref stopped calling so many drive extending penalties on DBs. I don't remember very many terrible roughing the passer penalties as the season progressed. There were a lot early. Maybe it was the weather change. I don't know, but it seemed like they got back to playing football in the second half of the season.
thanks for your post!
You are right, we did not follow the vikes recipe.
this year the vikes forgot to use their own recipe as well.

bronco fans SHOULD understand this:
you could have the best QB in the league (JFE) but if you dont have a running game ( TD ) you are not gonna be bringing home any lombardis.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:57 AM   #13
CHEF LUIGI

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Look man, I'm not saying you're wrong.

But you also need to be *good* at consistently running the ball. Lindsay is electric, but he's a 0 or 15 yard Running back. He either gets 0 yards, or 15 yards. Being such a small guy, he's rarely going to last the whole season too. I said way back in pre-season that I'll be excited if he manages to last all 16 games.

We need a hard nosed "Always falls forward" 4 yard back to be in a position to run the ball that many times a game. I think Freeman can be that guy, but he sure didn't get much of a chance this year as the year dragged on.

Play to your strengths... Sadly we didn't have a strength, run game or passing game...
hey I dont know how many zero gane runs LINDSEY or our broncos had but I can guarantee you it was significantly LESS than
all the incompletions and the negative 237 yards from SACKS.
pretty sure those runs kept the clock running and did a better job resting our D on the sideline TOO !
the ravens are the extreme.
the cheifs fans PRAY the called andy reid play falls apart so their QB sensation can be the REAL innovator, and pete carrol seems to have a real nice blend going, only calling apon his QBs legs in SITUATIONAL football.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:05 AM   #14
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Makes you wonder why QBs are so sought after.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:02 PM   #15
GreatBronco16
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

8 of the top 10 teams that led the league in points scored are in the playoffs too.

Of those teams, 5 of them led the league in passing yards per game.

Stats, you can make them prove anything you want them to prove.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:11 PM   #16
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
8 of the top 10 teams that led the league in points scored are in the playoffs too.

It's his stupid axe to grind. It is pretty well known and the salaries show that the top QB's are the number 1 priority. You also need to be able to run the ball too so you aren't one dimensional. The OP hates VON too.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:14 PM   #17
GreatBronco16
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
thanks for your post!
You are right, we did not follow the vikes recipe.
this year the vikes forgot to use their own recipe as well.

bronco fans SHOULD understand this:
you could have the best QB in the league (JFE) but if you dont have a running game ( TD ) you are not gonna be bringing home any lombardis.
Denver won SB 50 with perhaps the greatest QB to play the game, who was a gimp at this time, with a rushing average of 107 rypg.

This season Denver averaged 119 rypg.

Denver averaged 26.4 rushes in the SB 50 season. They averaged 24.6 this past season.

Soooooooo.

So once again, high rushing attempts per game does not equal Denver making the playoffs this year.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:20 PM   #18
GreatBronco16
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Oh and last year, Denver was 8th in rushing attempts per game at 28.6. How'd we do in the playoffs again
Old 01-02-2019, 01:07 PM   #19
Powderaddict
Couches - not even once!

Treasonous Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker

Quote:
8 of the top ten teams in RUSHING ATTEMPTS made the play-offs !
wherer do the broncos rank in rushing ATTEMPTS ?
20 NFL teams attempted to run the ball more than DENVER.
we have keenum and LINDSEY and we pass the ball 40 times a game and only attempt to run it 24
FIRE the retard who calls the plays, dump musgrave and get back to winning bronco style football
run the gaddum ball !
Didn't you promise that if some examples of some contrived BS was provided you would stop posting this?

And didn't several examples meeting your specific citeria get provided quickly?
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:08 PM   #20
Powderaddict
Couches - not even once!

Treasonous Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Royce Freeman was killing it to start the year and then we started passing all the time and giving what carries we had to Lindsay. Then Royce kinda was falling off (along with Lindsay) when he got back in later on once our WR core had been evaporated.
Freeman had a high ankle sprain. Those can linger for a long time. That's probably why he slowed down a bit.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:29 PM   #21
CHEF LUIGI

cooking up a victory

Quote:

YARDS is a moot consideration, get back to us all on pass ATTEMPTS.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #22
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

scio me nihil scire

Attached Images

DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:47 PM   #23
CHEF LUIGI

cooking up a victory

so I should trade out my sheets for cheese-cloth?
Old 01-02-2019, 01:49 PM   #24
CHEF LUIGI

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Oh and last year, Denver was 8th in rushing attempts per game at 28.6. How'd we do in the playoffs again
that is !00 % wrong ! we were 21st in the league in rushing ATTEMPTS !
you might be looking at YARDS !
Old 01-02-2019, 06:28 PM   #25
GreatBronco16
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
that is !00 % wrong ! we were 21st in the league in rushing ATTEMPTS !
you might be looking at YARDS !
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...ate=2018-02-05

Don't ever question me.

The link shows 2018, but it is set to 2017.

Now get your bltch ass back in the kitchen.