The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2018, 01:40 PM   #76
Reggie Rivers
Confirmed Reggie Rivers
 
Reggie Rivers's Avatar
 
Confirmed Reggie Rivers

Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Tell him to hang out here. We're a bunch of great influences - Meth Alley and Myrtle Beach, notwithstanding.

This is one that several have wanted asked, in the threads leading up to this.

Better Broncos uniform? The old D? Or the new, futuristic horse head?
Truth be told, I loved the new Broncos uniforms the minute that Pat Bowlen described them as "predominantly orange"!! :-)

Seriously, I really like them then, and I like them now.

I love it when I see someone rocking the old school Broncos logo. It brings back great memories. But I love the new unis too.
Reggie Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:41 PM   #77
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 18,014
Default

Who was the meanest SOB you ever played against - - HS, college or pros?
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:41 PM   #78
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 33,710

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Rivers View Post
Truth be told, I loved the new Broncos uniforms the minute that Pat Bowlen described them as "predominantly orange"!! :-)

Seriously, I really like them then, and I like them now.

I love it when I see someone rocking the old school Broncos logo. It brings back great memories. But I love the new unis too.
Yeah if Jax was your last game, you just missed the new logo.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:42 PM   #79
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 18,378

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Rivers View Post
Truth be told, I loved the new Broncos uniforms the minute that Pat Bowlen described them as "predominantly orange"!! :-)

Seriously, I really like them then, and I like them now.

I love it when I see someone rocking the old school Broncos logo. It brings back great memories. But I love the new unis too.
Yeah, "predominantly orange" is a term every Bronco fan should know.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:42 PM   #80
Reggie Rivers
Confirmed Reggie Rivers
 
Reggie Rivers's Avatar
 
Confirmed Reggie Rivers

Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
What's the best piece of advice you would give to an 18 year old today?
I would tell an 18-year-old to not get yourself too locked into any one thing. It's hard to predict where your talents are going to develop and where your opportunities are going to come from, so be flexible. Be prepared to roll with the punches. Give you best effort to everything you're doing and be ready to take advantage of the new opportunities that emerge.

I think the worst thing a young person can do is put blinders on and focus on just one opportunity. Plenty of NFL players have trouble after retirement, because they never focused on anything but football.
Reggie Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:43 PM   #81
Reggie Rivers
Confirmed Reggie Rivers
 
Reggie Rivers's Avatar
 
Confirmed Reggie Rivers

Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah if Jax was your last game, you just missed the new logo.
I went to training camp in 1997, so I got to wear the new uniforms during the pre-season. I still have my helmet at home in the man cave.
Reggie Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:43 PM   #82
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 18,378

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Rivers View Post
I would tell an 18-year-old to not get yourself too locked into any one thing. It's hard to predict where your talents are going to develop and where your opportunities are going to come from, so be flexible. Be prepared to roll with the punches. Give you best effort to everything you're doing and be ready to take advantage of the new opportunities that emerge.

I think the worst thing a young person can do is put blinders on and focus on just one opportunity. Plenty of NFL players have trouble after retirement, because they never focused on anything but football.
I would tell him that if he has a dad that played in the NFL, he should pay more attention to his advice.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:43 PM   #83
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 33,710

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Rivers View Post
I went to training camp in 1997, so I got to wear the new uniforms during the pre-season. I still have my helmet at home in the man cave.
Can I have it? For, uh, my sick kid or something.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:44 PM   #84
Reggie Rivers
Confirmed Reggie Rivers
 
Reggie Rivers's Avatar
 
Confirmed Reggie Rivers

Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Who was the meanest SOB you ever played against - - HS, college or pros?
I can't recall a particular player, but I would say that defenders in general are pretty mean. Sometimes, I would get hit so hard I would wonder, "Does he KNOW me?"

It felt like a personal attack.

I had to eventually realize that defenders don't have anything against me personally, and they're not intentionally trying to hurt me -- they're just indifferent to my health.
Reggie Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:45 PM   #85
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 23,638
Default

Reggie,



Who is the one player, that you played with, that should get more "love" from the fans then he does/did?
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:46 PM   #86
Reggie Rivers
Confirmed Reggie Rivers
 
Reggie Rivers's Avatar
 
Confirmed Reggie Rivers

Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Can I have it? For, uh, my sick kid or something.
No. Don't ask dumb questions. It will make me think that you're a Raiders fan.

Sorry, I don't mean to denigrate Raiders fans.

BTW if you are a Raiders fan, denigrate means "to put down".

:-)
Reggie Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:47 PM   #87
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 18,378

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Rivers View Post
No. Don't ask dumb questions. It will make me think that you're a Raiders fan.

Sorry, I don't mean to denigrate Raiders fans.

BTW if you are a Raiders fan, denigrate means "to put down".

:-)
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:47 PM   #88
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 33,710

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Rivers View Post
No. Don't ask dumb questions.
Did Dom tell you to say that?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:47 PM   #89
Reggie Rivers
Confirmed Reggie Rivers
 
Reggie Rivers's Avatar
 
Confirmed Reggie Rivers

Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Reggie,



Who is the one player, that you played with, that should get more "love" from the fans then he does/did?
I think Rod Smith probably should be in the Hall of Fame. He's obviously recognized as a great player, but if you grade on a curve and judge him from where he started -- undrafted free agent who got cut, played his first year on the practice squad, and then went on to do all that he did.

That's a resume that few people can match. He should get more love.
Reggie Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:48 PM   #90
Powderaddict
Couches - not even once!
 
Powderaddict's Avatar
 
Treasonous Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Granada Nicaragua
Posts: 6,393

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Rivers View Post
No. Don't ask dumb questions. It will make me think that you're a Raiders fan.

Sorry, I don't mean to denigrate Raiders fans.

BTW if you are a Raiders fan, denigrate means "to put down".

:-)
Dude don't worry about any raider fans showing up here, they don't give prisoners WiFi access unless they are on good behavior.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:49 PM   #91
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 33,710

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Anyway, you were kind of a blue collar fan favorite back in the day.

When the end came in Denver, did you want to try to catch on somewhere else, or was it just time?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:49 PM   #92
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 18,378

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Rivers View Post
I think Rod Smith probably should be in the Hall of Fame. He's obviously recognized as a great player, but if you grade on a curve and judge him from where he started -- undrafted free agent who got cut, played his first year on the practice squad, and then went on to do all that he did.

That's a resume that few people can match. He should get more love.
I agree. Don't get us started about how the Broncos are represented in Canton.
Michael Irvin is in the Hall of Fame, with a career that can't match Rod Smith's. And he's not a very good person, to boot!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:49 PM   #93
Bronx33
We Stink
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Camaraderie-ship for all

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 52,683

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel
Default

Did you ever give john the business about these shorts?




And if you didn't can you for me
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #94
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 23,638
Default

Reggie,


Looking at the evolution of the game, what current coach would you have loved to play for?
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #95
Reggie Rivers
Confirmed Reggie Rivers
 
Reggie Rivers's Avatar
 
Confirmed Reggie Rivers

Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I would tell him that if he has a dad that played in the NFL, he should pay more attention to his advice.
Funny! That's what I say.

He doesn't listen.

True story: Three years ago, I told him "Don't let anyone put their hands on you on the football field. Anyone tries to put their hands on you, just knock their hands down. Swat and swim. Dip and rip. Just avoid their hands."

He refused to take my advice. Said it would never work.

A year later, I see him swat and swim on the field. In the car after the game, I said, "That was an awesome swat and swim."

He said, "Yea, Kaden told me to try that, and it totally worked!"

I said, "KADEN?? You mean the 13 year old on your team? I've been telling you that for two years!!! "

He didn't recall me ever saying any such thing.
Reggie Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #96
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 
Since 1986

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 20,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Rivers View Post
Here's a little poem, I've written.

I hated the Raiders.
I hate the Raiders
I will always hate the Raiders.
I love to see the Raiders lose.

I hated the Patriots.
I hate the Patriots.
I will always hate the Patriots.
I love to see the Patriots lose.
No question, just a pledge of my unending love for you.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:51 PM   #97
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,954
Default

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:51 PM   #98
Reggie Rivers
Confirmed Reggie Rivers
 
Reggie Rivers's Avatar
 
Confirmed Reggie Rivers

Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Reggie,


Looking at the evolution of the game, what current coach would you have loved to play for?
Another good questions, but I honestly don't know enough about other NFL coaches to say.

I would have enjoyed a dynamic offense that has a lot of different approaches to it. I ran in a dive option system in college, so I think I would like the zone reads today.
Reggie Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:51 PM   #99
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 18,378

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

We have about ten more minutes. Any last-minute questions? I don't want to embarrass him, but Reggie told me before this that he would love to have anyone who is interested over for Christmas dinner. I just need addresses for the invitations.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:52 PM   #100
Reggie Rivers
Confirmed Reggie Rivers
 
Reggie Rivers's Avatar
 
Confirmed Reggie Rivers

Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Costa Rica! I've been there five times. Lived with host families there twice. Went there on our honeymoon. I love the place. Beautiful country. Beautiful people.

Pura vida!
Reggie Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:59 PM.


Denver Broncos