The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #251
Papa-pwn
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Without a top 10 NFL Offense, NFL teams have little hope of making it to the playoffs. Kyler Murray represents the best hope of any NFL team in 2019 of acquiring a QB capable of leading a top 10 NFL Offense.

IMO, Murray will go #1 overall.
Your QB takes are some of the strangest around
Papa-pwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:06 PM   #252
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

Stafford to the Broncos?

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...rom=new-cookie
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:08 PM   #253
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendave View Post
not with Staffords cap hit to Detroit. ( 20 mill) They will draft a qb but Stafford is staying in Detroit for the next season.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:22 PM   #254
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
not with Staffords cap hit to Detroit. ( 20 mill) They will draft a qb but Stafford is staying in Detroit for the next season.
Staffords cap hits for the next couple years are insane. DET I think is married to him until retirement. And really, if they would just build a team around him, it's not the worst spot to be in. But it is DET, so....
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:30 PM   #255
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

DET is stuck with Stafford....and no thanks, I want a rookie.
GoneFishin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #256
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I had Mayfield as the clear-cut best QB in last draft. MUG compared him to Colt McCoy. I respect MUGs opinions and love reading his takes, but hes wrong on a regular basis. Figuring out how good players will be in the NFL is really ****ing hard.
So you were both wrong?
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:23 PM   #257
lod01
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Go with keenum, stink next year, cut Keenum and use the worst QB you can find in 2020. Stink, go winless and Trevor Lawrence is the next great Bronco QB.

btw. Stafford suxs balls.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:57 PM   #258
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendave View Post
What a stupid article.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:58 PM   #259
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
So you were both wrong?
You been in a coma throughout the 2018 season?
Old 01-12-2019, 04:17 PM   #260
505bronco
Pro Bowler

ALL IN FOR MAYFIELD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Al Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
I think Murray is the most talented qb in the draft, but it's pretty much uncharted territory taking a player of his size and expecting him to be the guy.

That said, I think he can and will succeed with a coach similar to nagy, Reid, pederson. One who is willing to load the playbook with a lot of unorthodox formations and schemes and move him around the pocket.

I would be so excited if Denver got a blue chipper at 10 and followed it up with a trade up into the later half of the first for Murray. But nervous as well. I'd want Denver to double up at qb if they did that with another midrounder. But the sky is the limit for murray
Murray won't be there at 10 much less later in the round. There's a reason OU had back 2 back heismans. Baker and Kyler are generational talents that will continue the change in way qb position is played.
505bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:30 PM   #261
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505bronco View Post
Murray won't be there at 10 much less later in the round. There's a reason OU had back 2 back heismans. Baker and Kyler are generational talents that will continue the change in way qb position is played.
The Heisman has nothing to do with where a QB goes, and Murrays draft position is a complete mystery due to his unique combination of amazing traits and traditionally undraftable traits. He may go in the top 10 and he may fall to the late 1st or early 2nd like some are predicting. No one knows.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:51 AM   #262
TheCoachBear
College Coach

Scout

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Janovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoachBear View Post
Adding:
-minshew
-thorson
-stidham
Also adding Fresno State QB Marcus McMaryon. Just caught a couple games from YouTube rolling to the next suggesed video and was quite impressed. Surprised to have not heard of him before. Found this quick breakdown, though I still need to watch more before saying I agree of disagree. Anyhow, sharing for all the other film junkies, hes a good watch:

https://dynastyfootballfactory.com/2...cus-mcmaryion/
TheCoachBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:11 AM   #263
TheCoachBear
College Coach

Scout

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Janovich

MUG, do you run @theorangepage twitter account??

https://twitter.com/theorangepage/st...315686912?s=21
Old 01-13-2019, 09:02 AM   #264
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Easton Stick is worth watching in the East/West Shrine game this week

Stick Scouting Report
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:44 AM   #265
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505bronco View Post
Kyler Murray is a generational dual threat QB. Top rated QB in this class, and competing with Bosa for #1 overall rated player in the draft. Murray is probably the best QB prospect over a 3 year window of 2018-2020 draft classes.

Anyone thinking he's anywhere near a 2nd round pick, simply isn't basing their opinion in reality.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:46 AM   #266
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?

Quote:
MUG, do you run @theorangepage twitter account??

https://twitter.com/theorangepage/st...315686912?s=21
lol, nope. But I'm THRILLED we get to see Jackson against some real competition. Going to really help solidify my opinion of him.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:48 AM   #267
TheCoachBear
College Coach

Scout

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Janovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
lol, nope. But I'm THRILLED we get to see Jackson against some real competition. Going to really help solidify my opinion of him.
Give Marcus McMaryon a lookover and let me know what you think.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:50 AM   #268
qbronco
Lifelong Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post

Stick Scouting Report
Definitely a QB that is worth keeping an eye on.
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:50 AM   #269
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?

Quote:
Also adding Fresno State QB Marcus McMaryon. Just caught a couple games from YouTube rolling to the next suggesed video and was quite impressed. Surprised to have not heard of him before. Found this quick breakdown, though I still need to watch more before saying I agree of disagree. Anyhow, sharing for all the other film junkies, hes a good watch:

https://dynastyfootballfactory.com/2...cus-mcmaryion/

Curious to see your opinion of him. I wasn't that impressed against his better competition. If he tears up the Shrine, I'll dig back into him for another game.

QB MARCUS MCMARYION FRESNO STATE

Minnesota (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Smaller guy, dink and dunk early, accuracy has been off on some pretty simple throws. INT on a crossing route where he threw back across his body, wasnt a terrible throw, the DB made a nice play. Bad decision though. Arm strength looks very average, still just dinking and dunking. Good athlete, threat to scramble for big yards. Go route that was underthrown, really has to launch himself into the pass to get it deep. Nice deep ball on a seam route that was maybe a tad too far, the WR dropped it on the dive. Has a long wind up with his delivery, drops the ball low and then brings it over the top. Going to fumble under heavy pass rush. When he has time, accuracy is decent on short and intermediate routes, mostly short routes. Does not maintain accuracy when rolling out or on the run. Poor accuracy on deeper routes. Some bad throws on intermediate routes. This guy is not an NFL prospect. Stats are all from dink and dunk passes with long YAC. Short TD pass on playaction at goal line. Threw a perfect deep ball on a corner route that the WR broke a tackle and housed, that was nice. He had some moments late that made me think he might have the arm and ability, but the overall game was pretty lackluster. They lost because they did a trick play and had the WR throw an INT from the three yard line instead of trusting him to just make the play.

UCLA (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Arm is fine, he just needs space to step into his throws. Accuracy is solid in the short to intermediate range. Nice touch on a flag route for a should have been TD, Refs called the WR out of bounds. Playaction QB run for a short TD. Nice throw on a deep crossing route where he dropped the ball in between three defenders. Continues to be a threat on scrambles and designed runs. Quick pass to TE up the seam for a short TD. Still mostly dinking and dunking, but mixing in some chunk throws as well. Strip sack due to long wind up on deep throw. Thats just a problem with his fundamentals. Tends to always throw to his first read, seems like the scheme is high low on one side of the field. Unless he gets out on a scramble, hes completely ineffective when under pressure. Severe underthrown on Go route. WRs are helping him out on some poorly thrown deep passes. He looks pretty flustered on most of these and is just flinging it up. QB sneak for a TD at the goal line. Screen pass the RB broke for a long gain down to the one, QB sneak for another TD on next play. Has a weaker pop gun arm, has to have a clean pocket and launch into his throws to get any juice on them. Struggles big time if hes under any pressure whatsoever. Accuracy is solid in the short range, hit or miss in the intermediate range, and poor deep. Good athlete and can scramble for big gains. Overall, dont see an NFL caliber QB, definitely not someone to burn draft capital on.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:52 AM   #270
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post

Stick Scouting Report

I think the QB to watch in that game is Taylor Cornelius from Oklahoma State. I really enjoyed learning about him on his tape.

QB TAYLOR CORNELIUS OKLAHOMA STATE

Kansas State (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Well, this looks like Mason Rudolph. Big guy, big arm, chunking it up the field. Accuracy ok, has missed high and long a few times. Had a TD on a Go route, overthrew it, ball was in the air about sixty yards. Has a little bit of a natural windup due to his length, its fine, but youd like to see the ball come out quicker on the shorter stuff. Lumbering guy when he scrambles, long strides though, when he gets going and in the open field, he covers some ground. Takes him a bit to get going, not quick at all. Decent throw on Go route, WR bobbled the ball into the CBs arms for a gift INT. Could have been a tad more outside, but it should have been caught for the TD. Same play, this time the WR jumped and caught it. Decent gain on RPO where he kept it and got outside. Has been surprisingly effective on the ground this game. This guy can really throw it a long way, just kind of flicks his wrist and it goes fifty yards. Almost picked on intermediate out route. For a big arm, he doesnt really throw it that hard on the short and intermediate stuff. He also likes to throw it off his back foot way too much. Has some technique work to clean up for sure. Another RPO keeper for a chunk gain, dude is a runaway bull in the open field. I dont feel like this should be happening just watching him run. Not very elusive within the pocket. Accuracy takes a hit, but he has a rocket even when throwing on the run. RPO for a short TD where he kept it and ran to the pylon. This lumbering doofus is the greatest running QB ever. WRs not helping him, dropping a lot of well thrown passes. Hes trying to rifle some balls now, rocket arm for sure, but hes sailing them. Trying to force the ball down the field late, just had the DB float back in zone and make a nice jumping INT on a deep out route. Interesting guy, has the NFL prototype arm and size. I guess hes a solid athlete for that size, he looks like a pocket sloth unless its a designed run, then hes fairly effective.

Texas (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Frozen rope on deep slant route for a forty yard TD. Really nice throw because he threw it before the deep break and it looked like it was going straight to the safety. NFL arm all day long. Accuracy has mostly been solid, hes getting it within reach of the WRs, but a few times theyve had to contort or slide to make a catch that should have hit them in stride. Playaction pass on 4th and 1 to hit the wide open TE for a short TD. Nice touch on a fade pass in corner of end zone, WR didnt get there. Hes a sloth in the pocket, has no agility and is slow to react. Runs okay in a straight line once he builds up speed. Hes money on these deep slants over the middle. QB draw up the middle down to the one, punched it in with a keeper on the next play. Superb on out routes and throws outside the numbers, most QBs only dream of throwing bullets like these on the sideline. Straight up jump ball for a TD shortly before half that his WR just won on. Guess he gets credit for lofting it to the right spot. Has done a solid job hitting his hot reads under pressure. Hes whipping the ball around pretty good on the short and intermediate stuff. Almost threw an INT on a seam route bomb, about 60 yards on a line, pretty accurate, just good coverage. Came back and hit that exact play and throw for a huge gain on the next drive. This Wallace guy is a pretty good WR. I guess this guy running on RPOs is real, hes a beast in the open field on these things, almost scored a twenty yard TD, down to the one. Looks completely different on designed runs in terms of athleticism than when hes in the pocket trying to pass where he looks stone footed. Andhe wins the game with a 15 yard RPO run for a TD, breaking tackles and diving for the pylon. I continue to feel like this shouldnt keep happening. And.he ices the game with a ten yard RPO scramble on 3rd down. Im speechless at this point. Greatest running QB ever or greatest running QB ever? Thats twice now, so he has the athleticism, the arm, the size, and the accuracy is just good enough. Only thing he lacks is experience. Im not sure how Rudolph kept him on the bench.

West Virginia (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Excellent ten yard fade route for a TD, perfect touch and placement. Looking good on RPOs, pulls it back and fires it in quickly and accurately. Ten yard playaction pass to TE up the seam for an easy TD, the TE did all the work rumbling through the tackle attempt. Doing a nice job going through multiple reads, not taking gambles early in this game. Arm strength is solid, does nice work outside the numbers. Nice play by the safety jumping a crossing route for the INT, just made a great break on the route and beat the WR to the ball. Cornelius under some pressure on the throw. Showing good mobility avoiding the rush, has been accurate on the run as well. Tough guy to tackle, takes a few people. Designed runs, showing some agility, spin move. Ugly pick trying to push it up the field in the two minute drill before half, not sure what he was doing, threw it right to the CB on the sideline. Two yard TD pass to RB on playaction, was wide open. Continues to scramble and run for chunk gains. He looks genuinely elusive both in the pocket and outside, this is his best game in terms of avoiding the rush. I think its time to take him seriously as a running threat. Almost threw another INT on a deep out route, hes having some trouble reading the safety in this game. Really strong arm, can chunk it deep effortlessly, though he underthrew a Go route that was almost caught up the sideline. Not a lot of deep shots in this game, lots of short and intermediate dink and dunk RPO stuff so far. Amazing deep sideline throw on a scramble play, just put the ball on the money for a big gain. Second flawless fade for a TD in this game, this time to the other side of the field. Incredible touch on those two fade TDs, usually throws rockets the rest of the time. Insane throw on another scramble drill where he squared up and fired it down field while taking a hit, should have been a long TD but the WR dropped it going to the ground. Has looked like money all game when forced from the pocket. Incredibly impressed with this tape. 10 yard RPO keeper for a TD late where he just plowed through two tackle attempts. Nice decision beaching the ball in the two minute drill in the 4th instead of forcing it to the seemingly open WR on the sideline, the safety would have picked it again. Nice to see him learn and make adjustments mid game. Easy ten yard TD to win the game on a curl route, CB played off, WR muscled his way in for the score. One year starter is going to hurt him some, scheme doesnt help either, but athletically and size-wise, hes close to a prototype.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:54 AM   #271
JohnnySunshine
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wtf are these names you guys are throwing around. Theres more hype about Denvers next backup qb here than i think i have ever seen anywhere.

Lmao. None of these clowns are ever going ro he NFL starters.
JohnnySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:55 AM   #272
TonyR
Franchise Poster

TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:57 AM   #273
JohnnySunshine
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Murray should play baseball. Soo much more money.
JohnnySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:00 AM   #274
pricejj
jungle

The Broncos are simply going to have to give the Cardinals an offer they can't refuse. I'd give up a lot. If they think they can't win the sweepstakes, then just go after Foles.

Last edited by pricejj; 01-13-2019 at 10:21 AM..
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:01 AM   #275
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySunshine View Post
Murray should play baseball. Soo much more money.
Football had more money up front as a first round QB and 50% chance he never makes MLB, much less becomes an impact player with a big contract. He sucks at football, he can try baseball in 4 years.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote