The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2016, 10:57 AM   #1626
Iron Man
Irrational Realist

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Negan's character is just "too much." It's not realistic. People wouldn't bow down to a guy like this purely because he's mean at heart. They have the numbers, and this complete type of BS just wouldn't work.

I know it's a comic book, but this moving from one bad guy to the next is just getting old. The show has lost what made it great in the beginning, and this cowering down is ridiculous.

They have trucks, they have gas, they HAD guns.... why the hell not move out of the damned state? It just doesn't make sense, and I'm quickly losing all interest in this show.
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:26 AM   #1627
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I love the high expectations those of you have for the show...

They have been through hell to get to a place like Alexandria, keeping it to them is > than running to the unknown
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:35 AM   #1628
Iron Man
Irrational Realist

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
I love the high expectations those of you have for the show...

They have been through hell to get to a place like Alexandria, keeping it to them is > than running to the unknown
Is it now? That's the point.. it's not "heaven" anymore....it's hell. You don't stick in hell purely because you know you have a nice warm spot.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:39 AM   #1629
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

After awhile, they will need to retaliate to get Darrel back by kidnapping many of Negan's men and high tailing it out of Alexandria. We know that won't happen. What will happen is Rick will get all the different groups controlled by Negan and start the big time war. Negan's right hand man will flip as we have already have seen he came from a much different place than what we saw before we started to know his character.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:33 AM   #1630
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Still watching @X4 so i don't care what negen is saying. he reminds me of that crappy heath ledger joker. Let me see.. "little pig little pi- Blam someone shoot him in the head.
Just like the governor, it takes charisma to take charge. Just like all it took was for someone to take out the governor. just shoot that windbag in the head and it all falls apart.
How many weeks did the third Reich last when Der fuhrer shot him
self in the head?
I invested years into this show and now i just want it to end one way or another.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:41 AM   #1631
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

my daughter got into the show like three seasons ago. O M G she was sad when beth got killed. The last thing for her was when whatsher name got shot through through the eye with an arrow. She was yelling "why dont the be quiet? why cant they shutup ?
Old 11-19-2016, 04:22 AM   #1632
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I don't think so. We now know that not everything is great in Negan's palace including what seems to be his right hand man. Since Darrell hasn't been broken, he is going to work on him when the time is right. The dude gave up his wife and also had an iron to half his face!

Also, **** sandwiches (dog food) will help him while everyone else, probably just top people, are eating tainted walker meat.

We got a lot of information and will be used in later episodes.
As if we needed that drawn-out episode to tell us that Negan is a psychotic a-hole. We knew that from last-season's cliffhanger.

Haven't even watched last Sunday's episode yet (it's on the DVR) -- definitely losing interest in it.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 08:16 AM   #1633
Iron Man
Irrational Realist

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
Still watching @X4 so i don't care what negen is saying. he reminds me of that crappy heath ledger joker. Let me see.. "little pig little pi- Blam someone shoot him in the head.
Dude.. Heath Ledger's joker was/is one of the greatest portrayals of a villian in movie history.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:52 AM   #1634
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

"Buy in, or get the hell out."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
Just like the governor, it takes charisma to take charge. Just like all it took was for someone to take out the governor. just shoot that windbag in the head and it all falls apart.
How many weeks did the third Reich last when Der fuhrer shot him
self in the head?
I invested years into this show and now i just want it to end one way or another.

I have time invested as well. Couldn't wait for the first episode when I heard of a series about a zombie apocalypse and am still VERY much into it.

I don't get all the hate from the board. I was upset Glenn and Abraham died, simply because I loved both characters/actors. But, it's a zombie apocalypse...people are gonna die. And, knowing it could be anyone at anytime makes for great viewing. Not like most series where you know at the end of the hour everything will work it's way out.

Kinda how I feel about the whole Negan-thing. Yeah, sucks to see characters you've become attached to in this situation, but if everything was "Easy-Peasy, lemon-squeezy", the show would suck.

They'll get out of this somehow. (Would rather not know what comic book series says). But, how many die, are hurt, scarred etc is unknown.

It's as if a lot here would rather Alexandria just became their final rest area, and the series evolved into a fear-free world, where nothing could go wrong.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 12:14 PM   #1635
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Just watched the first four episodes of this season. I liked them.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 02:00 PM   #1636
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
Negan's character is just "too much." It's not realistic. People wouldn't bow down to a guy like this purely because he's mean at heart. They have the numbers, and this complete type of BS just wouldn't work.

I know it's a comic book, but this moving from one bad guy to the next is just getting old. The show has lost what made it great in the beginning, and this cowering down is ridiculous.

They have trucks, they have gas, they HAD guns.... why the hell not move out of the damned state? It just doesn't make sense, and I'm quickly losing all interest in this show.
Oh the irony at not being realistic in a zombie show.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #1637
jutang
Ring of Famer

This is the most interesting season since the Governor. TWD does have a rinse and repeat feel. Find safe place, bad guys come, flee until another safe Haven found. However this time Rick's group is truly reeling. This is the weakest Rick has been portrayed. The whole dynamic with hilltop and the kingdom versus the survivors also adds a new element to the series.

The writers seem like they have a lot more options now whether they follow the comics or not.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:58 AM   #1638
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

I just want a plot. Live, die, An overhead satellite shot showing the zombies are everywhere. Or a real sanctuary. Not this hopeless, wash, rinse, repeat for the last 7 years.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:02 AM   #1639
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

LIKE, whatever happened to that Humvee with the 50 cal machine gun during the failed governor assault on the prison? Or the extra RPGs that Abraham found?
Old 11-20-2016, 02:06 AM   #1640
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

anyone? what happened to that Humvee with the 50 cal? Anyone?
Old 11-20-2016, 02:15 AM   #1641
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Or, how about that crazy tunnel? remember that tunnel?
Old 11-20-2016, 02:17 AM   #1642
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Glens wife and ummm maybe evan took it?
Old 11-20-2016, 09:32 AM   #1643
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

HoFer

They could have done without the Tiger...a little over the top and a bit cheesy imo. There are now 3 groups. Will be interesting to see how they tie this all together. Wonder who's gonna die when Negan finds out Maggie didn't die?
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:48 AM   #1644
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's very realistic. Before we walled ourselves from nature, humans operated like everything else. Eat, $hit, sex, kill or be killed. The zombie apocalypse returned people to this state. Negan appeals to those appetites. He gives his men power/guns, brothels, and free food and supplies. All they have to do is bow and Negan does not harm them. They probably love it. They don't have to work, get to harass the weak and take whatever they want.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:43 AM   #1645
manchambo
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Who has numbers? The entire point of what happened last season is that Negan has overwhelming numbers. They got into the cliffhanger scene because Negan had maybe five guys for every one of Rick's.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 03:41 PM   #1646
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

"Buy in, or get the hell out."

Quote:

Much like King E. said in an earlier episode, "People want a leader." I think this can be true. Sure, Negan's men could gang up and decide to off him, but where's that lead? Someone else would assume the role, or worse, they go their separate ways and alone in a f'd up zombie apocalypse.

As far as Rick's group, they just now realized they DON'T have the numbers, when they thought they had. No reason for them to think they had to leave the state before recent events. Not that it was even possible when they couldn't even get to Hilltop without running into "Negan."

I guess this just falls into the "You can't please everyone" subject. Personally, I love where the show is.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #1647
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Love it as well.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:20 PM   #1648
Coldcity76
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rule

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Rick is such a poor leader he gets everybody killed all the time. I like him as an actor and it would be boring if Rick were an effective leader. The whole Negan thing does not make sense. They need to have Negan take everybody's relative or close friend to hold such power over people else they can run last time I checked Georiga is not the only state in the U.S. They can run and come back with reinforcements. I really do not want to see much more of this silly Negan mind control over people for too many more episodes how about the remaining episodes a big battle using gorilla warfare Rick?
Coldcity76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:27 PM   #1649
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

HoFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcity76 View Post
Rick is such a poor leader he gets everybody killed all the time. I like him as an actor and it would be boring if Rick were an effective leader. The whole Negan thing does not make sense. They need to have Negan take everybody's relative or close friend to hold such power over people else they can run last time I checked Georiga is not the only state in the U.S. They can run and come back with reinforcements. I really do not want to see much more of this silly Negan mind control over people for too many more episodes how about the remaining episodes a big battle using gorilla warfare Rick?
Rick will eventually be the one to kill Negan. Probably with Lucille.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:22 PM   #1650
Ragnar
Perennial Pro-bowler

hate them chiefs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly

I'm 100% certain that the reason Darryl got kidnapped is because one of the writers looked at the comic books, and then looked at the show, and thought "Since we neutered Rick so much more in the show than we did in the comic book, why isn't he just doing what he's always done and going Nomad in the middle of the night and getting the hell out of there"

So they had to Deus Ex him a reason to stay.

I genuinely wish Carl had pulled the trigger on Negan, killed him, and started an all out war.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote