The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2019, 10:44 AM   #26
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
By that logic any criticism of any countries policies is tantamount to bigotry. Classic.
Like I said, not 'any' criticism. Just wildly disproportional criticism. Accompanied by crazy calls for sanctions over behavior that pales in comparison to that of their regional rivals, which you ignore, or even peel back sanctions against.

You can be racist without ever saying racist words. Disproportional treatment is the most pervasive form. And you're all about it.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:49 AM   #27
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I enjoy your wookie defense
I can hit closer to home if you like...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim...ters_of_Israel

Quote:
Maj Fehd Fallah, a Bedouin from the village of Saad in the Golan Heights said in an interview: "Yes, I have fought against Muslims in Gaza," he says. "And I would fight again if I had to," he added. "Israeli Muslims who don't serve in the IDF should be ashamed for not serving their country."[38]

Ismail Khaldi is the first Bedouin deputy consul of Israel and the highest ranking Muslim in the Israeli foreign service.[39] Khaldi is a strong advocate of Israel. While acknowledging that the state of Israeli Bedouin minority is not ideal, he said

Quote:
I am a proud Israeli – along with many other non-Jewish Israelis such as Druze, Bahai, Bedouin, Christians and Muslims, who live in one of the most culturally diversified societies and the only true democracy in the Middle East. Like America, Israeli society is far from perfect, but let us deals honestly. By any yardstick you choose – educational opportunity, economic development, women and gay's rights, freedom of speech and assembly, legislative representation – Israel's minorities fare far better than any other country in the Middle East.[40]
Queue Pilates...

FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA...

https://www.newsweek.com/prominent-h...gay-sex-432343

HAMAS EXECUTES PROMINENT COMMANDER AFTER ACCUSATIONS OF GAY SEX
Old 01-21-2019, 10:58 AM   #28
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

Easy Easy Kill Kill Lane Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Like I said, not 'any' criticism. Just wildly disproportional criticism. Accompanied by crazy calls for sanctions over behavior that pales in comparison to that of their regional rivals, which you ignore, or even peel back sanctions against.

You can be racist without ever saying racist words. Disproportional treatment is the most pervasive form. And you're all about it.
Right so that’s a “no” to the OP question
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:19 AM   #29
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Right so that’s a “no” to the OP question
Sarsour? Heh, it was a VERY poor choice of example on your part.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/2602396002/

Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Why I refuse to walk with the Washington Women’s March

Quote:
I am not alone. Teresa Shook, who launched the movement with her viral Facebook post, has publicly called for the co-chairs to resign, writing that Bob Bland, Linda Sarsour, Carmen Perez and Tamika Mallory "have allowed anti-Semitism, anti-LBGTQIA sentiment and hateful, racist rhetoric to become a part of the platform” of the march.

The Southern Poverty Law Center, EMILY’s List and the Democratic National Committee I once led are among the groups distancing themselves from the national event. The Washington State Women’s March rebuked the national group, noting its leaders’ failure to “apologize for their anti-Semitic stance.”
Old 01-21-2019, 12:21 PM   #30
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Anti-right wing in all its forms.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:13 PM   #31
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

Quote:
Sarsour? Heh, it was a VERY poor choice of example on your part.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/2602396002/

Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Why I refuse to walk with the Washington Women’s March
What was it that Sarsour said that was anti-Jew (as opposed to criticism of a country’s policies)? Genuinely curious
Old 01-21-2019, 01:41 PM   #32
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
What was it that Sarsour said that was anti-Jew (as opposed to criticism of a country’s policies)? Genuinely curious
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...anti-semitism/

Quote:
Sarsour has also come under fire both for her public praise of Farrakhan and for anti-Semitic comments of her own. “If what you’re reading all day long, morning and night, in the Jewish media is that Linda Sarsour and Minister Farrakhan are the existential threats to the Jewish community, something really bad is gonna happen and we gonna miss the mark on it,” she said last November at an event dedicated to combating anti-Semitism.
Yep, just like Gaff. And here you are playing dumb about it.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:45 PM   #33
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

Quote:
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...anti-semitism/

Yep, just like Gaff. And here you are playing dumb about it.
Weak
Old 01-21-2019, 01:48 PM   #34
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Weak
Sorry brah. Once you allege Jewish Media conspiracies against guys like poor Minister Farrakhan, there's no going back.

Suffice it to say, if you can't find the racism, you're wholly unqualified to claim to see it in any others.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:55 PM   #35
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

Quote:
Sorry brah. Once you allege Jewish Media conspiracies against guys like poor Minister Farrakhan, there's no going back.

Suffice it to say, if you can't find the racism, you're wholly unqualified to claim to see it in any others.
K dawg. Always remember your weakness. Celebrate it like a red badge of courage. Like your sophistry.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:04 PM   #36
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

https://forward.com/opinion/396003/l...fan-for-years/

Quote:
It was actually just a few months ago that Sarsour was as proud as Mallory to tout her appearance at a major event with Farrakhan. On October 10, 2017, Sarsour shared a two-year-old clip with her almost 200K Facebook followers that showed her delivering a short speech at a 2015 rally organized by Farrakhan to mark the 20-year anniversary of the 1995 Million Man March. As a New York Times op-ed noted, this rally “was in a way a pageant for Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam — their power and prowess, their ability to organize and attract allies, their beliefs and customs — and it centered on Farrakhan as the celebrity father figure.”

It is noteworthy that when Sarsour reposted the clip of this speech in October 2017, she wrote: “2 years ago today. I stand by every word.” This was presumably her defiant response to the Anti-Defamation League, which had sharply criticized efforts to blame Israel and American Jews supportive of Israel for police brutality against blacks in the United States.

If Sarsour were truly concerned about contemporary anti-Semitism, she would have known long before she decided to speak at Farrakhan’s 2015 rally that according to the ADL, Farrakhan “has espoused anti-Semitism and racism for over 30 years as NOI leader.” As the ADL highlighted, Farrakhan reaffirmed his status as “the leading anti-Semite in America” yet again in early 2015, when he “devoted a large portion of his annual address to followers in Chicago to the anti-Semitic myth that Jews were responsible for the 9/11 terrorist attacks.”