The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
SVine
Ring of Famer
 
SVine's Avatar
 
Broncos 2017!

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chadron, NE
Posts: 6,570

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default State of QB play in the NFL- team by team look

I thought I'd post my thoughts on the quarterback for every team. My thoughts reflect on how I'd feel about the position if I were a fan of that team.

I'll start with AFC East as it often appears top first and work my way through the divisions and standings, with the NFC following.

Patriots- Brady. Obviously, he'll play as long as he wants, or until father time catches up, and turns him into a liability. I don't see that happening in 2020, and I doubt the Patriots draft a qb. Maybe a 7th round pick or udfa.

Dolphins- Tannehill. Only Josh Rosen was lower in Points Added stat (similar to baseball's WAR). I'd be shocked if the Dolphins don't draft a qb high, and I'd be doubly shocked if Tannehill is with the Dolphins next year.

Bills- Allen. He had some major rookie struggles. But, he has a lot of upside, and I am sure the Bills and their fans still consider him as their QBOTF. Still, he needs to have significant improvement next year.

Jets- Darnold. QBOFT for Jets, as I am sure their fans would agree but he was 29th in Points Added, and I am sure he'll need to improve on that.

Ravens- Jackson. Flacco appears to be done in Baltimore and Jackson represents a sincere attempt to bring a college style offense to the changing NFL. Jackson needs to improve as a passer to cement his status as the team's QBOTF.

Steelers- Roethlisberger. Similar to Brady, will probably stay as long as he wants.... but... he's hinted at retirement in recent years and you wonder how much longer he wants to continue playing. Roeth was 3rd in Points Added, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers draft a qb late or udfa.

Browns- Mayfield. Clearly cemented as Browns QBOTF. 20th in points added was the best among the 2018 rookie qb class.

Bengals- Dalton. Dalton at 31 years old would appear to have a couple of prime years left. But you wonder how an incoming coach would take to Dalton. He is firmly cemented as a 2nd tier qb. He was 15th in Points Added.

Texas- Watson. Clearly cemented as QBOTF although durability is a concern.

Colts- Luck. With his comeback (4th in Points Added), he still has to be considered QOTF, but durability has to remain a concern.

Titans- Mariotta. Do the Titans feel he has reached his ceiling? He was 23rd in Points Added. I am wondering if the Titans are coming to grips that they have a slightly below average qb, and might want to consider upgrading, especially if Tennessee has bigger aspirations in the future. Perhaps they go into 2019 with Mariotta, but if Mariotta and the Titans have another mediocre season, I would think the Titans might be ready to move on from Mariotta.

Jaguars- Bortles. Interesting how the two Florida teams have the two worst non-rookie qbs. No way I expect Bortles to be back, and I fully expect the Jags to draft a qb high, in the upcoming draft. Bortles was 31st in Points Added.

Chiefs- Mahomes. Might be the greatest young qb in a generation.

Chargers- Rivers. Still very effective qb, 7th in points added. Still, what a disappointing career he's had, as he's had very little team success in his career. Kinda reminds me of Cousins in that regard. He's 37 years old. I am sure the Chargers are still all in on Rivers going forward, but I wonder if there are a few murmurings amongst the team and fans that they might be ready for fresh blood. I wouldn't be surprised if the team drafts a qb late or udfa.

Broncos- Keenum. An overall disappointing year, and most Broncos fans think they've seen enough. If the Broncos don't draft a qb high, I wonder if the Broncos can somehow pluck Foles away from the Eagles? (or Wentz, if Foles wins back to back SB MVP's and the Eagles decide Foles is their QBOTF as he is only 29). Keenum was 3rd in Points Added in 2017, and fell to 30th in 2018.

Raiders- Carr. Might be one of the more overrated qb's in the NFL. He had a down year, 28th in Points Added. In 2017, he was 21st. 2016, he was 18th, and in 2015, he was 32nd in Points Added. I have no idea how Gruden feels about Carr, but if I were a Raiders fan, I might be ready to move on. I would think the Raiders draft a qb in the upcoming draft. Wait a second... Are people in Oakland, Raiders fans still? Are people in Las Vegas, Raiders fans yet?

Cowboys- Prescott. Clearly has to be considered QBOTF. He was 3rd in Points Added.

Eagles-Wentz/Foles. A qb controversy in Philly for sure, especially if Foles wins another SB, and Wentz has shown durability issues. As I said earlier, I wonder if Denver is looking closely at the Philly qb situation?

Redskins- Smith. With his Theismann-esque broken leg, you have to wonder what his future is. Smith might be the most under appreciated qb of our generation. Also, he's 34, so he's starting to get up there. Expect the Redskins to draft a qb, perhaps even high.

Giants- Manning. At 38, and clearly on the decline (25th in Points Added), he has to be done, right? I wonder how Eli would take a "mentor" role if the Giants draft a qb high, as I expect they might. It might put a positive spin on Eli's legacy with his 2 SB's if he's willing to take on a mentoring role with a highly drafted qb.

Bears- Trubisky. Clearly QBOTF. 6th in Points Added. He's been inconsistent, but that is expected for such a young qb.

Vikings- Cousins. Obviously, there are going to go forward with him for at least the next two or three years. He seems to be the type of qb that puts up the numbers, but it don't translate to wins. Rivers, as I mentioned earlier. There are a couple of other qb's like that, that come to mind, that I will mention later below. Cousins was 13th in Points Added. Clearly not what the Vikings expect out of him. He's 30, so, he's got some prime years left, but that window isn't getting bigger.

Packers- Rodgers. Even at 35, management still values him over coach. He's probably got some effective years left. Backup qb is last Browns bust Deshone Kizer, so I am wondering if they are okay with that? Maybe the Packers draft a qb late?

Lions- Stafford. He's another qb with good years, but no team success to show for it. Like Cousins, way overpaid. Stafford had a down year, 26th in Points Added. I wonder if fans are growing restless with him, and if what management thinks? He's 30, so there ought to be some prime years left.

Saints- Brees. Like Brady, Roeth and Rodgers, he can probably play as long as he wants. Despite 39 years old, he was 2nd in Points Added, and probably might be the favorite to win the Super Bowl out of the teams left.

Falcons- Ryan. Another one of those Rivers/Stafford/Cousins types, although Atlanta has made postseason a couple times even making it to the Super Bowl under Ryan. Ryan's window is getting smaller (33 years old) but he was 5th in Points Added.

Panthers- Newton. Had an average year, 18th in points added. 29 years old. I am sure the Panthers will continue with him in the foreseeable future.

Buccaneers- Winston. He's been effective, 9th, 18th, and 10th in Points Added during the last 3 seasons. But his off-field issues have to be making management unhappy and wonder his status going forward, and the team was 5-11 in 2018. Not good.

Rams- Goff. Clearly, QBOTF. Was 10th in Points Added a good number for a 2nd year qb, and Rams are going to play for the Super Bowl next week.

Seahawks- Wilson. Has been on the the better consistent qb's of our generation. Wilson was 12th in Points Added. 30 years old, so, at some point, he will have to continue his transition from more of a passer and less of a runner.

49ers- Garroppolo/Mullens. Garroppolo has to be considered, still QBOTF, but the fact is, he is durability concerns AND, he has very limited playing experience in the NFL. Mullens has had some nice games for the 49ers, I am wondering if some team will try plucking him from the 49ers, although I am sure they will try dearly to hold on to Mullens in case Garroppolo goes down again in 2019.

Cardinals- Rosen. He had the worst year of any listed in Points Added rankings (33rd). I am sure the Cardinals, with a new coach, will be all in on Rosen going forward as he was a rookie in 2018, but I am sure their fan base expects vast improvement from Rosen in the future.

Last edited by SVine; 01-13-2019 at 04:18 PM..
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2019, 03:30 PM   #2
SVine
Ring of Famer
 
SVine's Avatar
 
Broncos 2017!

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chadron, NE
Posts: 6,570

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default

What just happened? There was a response from a Bolt fan, ripping my take of Rivers and his status with the team. And now that post is gone he must he deleted it real fast. He ripped my take because I compared Rivers to Cousins noting very little team success and ripped me for considering that on how to define a qb.

I agree that qb's shouldn't solely be defined by Super Bowl success. But, it does factor in. Rivers has had a good career and I am sure Rivers is very frustrated with an overall lack of postseason success. How can this be disputed? Maybe he's pissed because his team layed an egg today.
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:38 PM   #3
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
What just happened? There was a response from a Bolt fan, ripping my take of Rivers and his status with the team. And now that post is gone he must he deleted it real fast. He ripped my take because I compared Rivers to Cousins noting very little team success and ripped me for considering that on how to define a qb.

I agree that qb's shouldn't solely be defined by Super Bowl success. But, it does factor in. Rivers has had a good career and I am sure Rivers is very frustrated with an overall lack of postseason success. How an this be disputed? Maybe he's pissed because his team layed an egg today.
I deleted it because it was so lame it didnt deserve a response. Im not mad about today it was just lame. But i guess you saw it before i could delete it. It was a terrible take on his career. Comparing his career to Cousins? Kirk Cousins? LMAO.
Hey man Fouts is in the HOF and Rivers has broken every record he had so he is surely going to the HOF so to say what you said....wow.

No SBs but he has has a lot of success in this league. A lot more than some QBs that do have a SB win like Dilfer, Flacco, Brad Johnson, Hostetler, Rypien, Doug Williams, etc.

QBs get to much credit for winning SBs and too much blame for losing them. Do you really think Doug Williams is a some great QB? That guy sucked and it was just his teams day.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:55 PM   #4
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit
 
broncogary's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 6,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
I deleted it because it was so lame it didnt deserve a response. Im not mad about today it was just lame. But i guess you saw it before i could delete it. It was a terrible take on his career. Comparing his career to Cousins? Kirk Cousins? LMAO.
Hey man Fouts is in the HOF and Rivers has broken every record he had so he is surely going to the HOF so to say what you said....wow.

No SBs but he has has a lot of success in this league. A lot more than some QBs that do have a SB win like Dilfer, Flacco, Brad Johnson, Hostetler, Rypien, Doug Williams, etc.

QBs get to much credit for winning SBs and too much blame for losing them. Do you really think Doug Williams is a some great QB? That guy sucked and it was just his teams day.
Above average Phillip.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:13 PM   #5
SVine
Ring of Famer
 
SVine's Avatar
 
Broncos 2017!

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chadron, NE
Posts: 6,570

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
I deleted it because it was so lame it didnt deserve a response. Im not mad about today it was just lame. But i guess you saw it before i could delete it. It was a terrible take on his career. Comparing his career to Cousins? Kirk Cousins? LMAO.
Hey man Fouts is in the HOF and Rivers has broken every record he had so he is surely going to the HOF so to say what you said....wow.

No SBs but he has has a lot of success in this league. A lot more than some QBs that do have a SB win like Dilfer, Flacco, Brad Johnson, Hostetler, Rypien, Doug Williams, etc.

QBs get to much credit for winning SBs and too much blame for losing them. Do you really think Doug Williams is a some great QB? That guy sucked and it was just his teams day.

I don't disagree with anything you said here. Although I do tend to think Flacco is better than what many people give him credit for.

You don't think there are murmurings of Phillips future with the team? I don't really know as I don't follow them. But I do know that team's have taken fliers on qb's in later rounds of the draft, or udfa's with qb's getting up there in age. Didn't the Packers do this with Brett Favre by drafting Rodgers?
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:14 PM   #6
v2micca
This is the Water
 
v2micca's Avatar
 
and this is the well.

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
I deleted it because it was so lame it didnt deserve a response. Im not mad about today it was just lame. But i guess you saw it before i could delete it. It was a terrible take on his career. Comparing his career to Cousins? Kirk Cousins? LMAO.
Hey man Fouts is in the HOF and Rivers has broken every record he had so he is surely going to the HOF so to say what you said....wow.

No SBs but he has has a lot of success in this league. A lot more than some QBs that do have a SB win like Dilfer, Flacco, Brad Johnson, Hostetler, Rypien, Doug Williams, etc.

QBs get to much credit for winning SBs and too much blame for losing them. Do you really think Doug Williams is a some great QB? That guy sucked and it was just his teams day.
Yeah, he was comparing Rivers career to Cousins only in that neither has experienced much post-season success up to this point. That is a fair comparison to make.

And yes, you would have to consider River's career to be a little bit of a disappointment at this juncture. Not only has he never played in a Superbowl, he has never played in a Conference Championship. For a QB of his caliber, (And I put him up there with Roethlisberger, Eli, and Drew Brees Types) that is an incredibly disappointing career arc.

Hell, the general narrative surrounding Elway was that he had a disappointing Career until he finished it with Back to Back Superbowl wins. Marino and Jim Kelley's careers are considered a bit of a disappointment as neither was ever quite able to close out the big game. Some people even bag on Kurt Warner, Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre for never being able to capture that second Lombardi. So for a top level QB that was never able to make it to a conference title game, much less a Superbowl, I have no issue describing that as a disappointing career regardless of his regular season numbers.
v2micca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:18 PM   #7
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,239

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
he has never played in a Conference Championship.
AFC Championship - San Diego Chargers at New England Patriots - January 20th, 2008

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0801200nwe.htm
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:21 PM   #8
v2micca
This is the Water
 
v2micca's Avatar
 
and this is the well.

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
AFC Championship - San Diego Chargers at New England Patriots - January 20th, 2008

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0801200nwe.htm
Oh...ouch. Forgot about that one. Well, there you go. That is River's legacy right now. One AFC Championship game that was pretty forgettable.
v2micca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:22 PM   #9
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
I don't disagree with anything you said here. Although I do tend to think Flacco is better than what many people give him credit for.

You don't think there are murmurings of Phillips future with the team? I don't really know as I don't follow them. But I do know that team's have taken fliers on qb's in later rounds of the draft, or udfa's with qb's getting up there in age. Didn't the Packers do this with Brett Favre by drafting Rodgers?
Well, he will be available next year. I dont see anybody here mentioning him at all for your team lol.
And Favre kept saying he was going to retire thats why the Packers drafted a QB. Rivers hasnt done that.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:25 PM   #10
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Yeah, he was comparing Rivers career to Cousins only in that neither has experienced much post-season success up to this point. That is a fair comparison to make.

And yes, you would have to consider River's career to be a little bit of a disappointment at this juncture. Not only has he never played in a Superbowl, he has never played in a Conference Championship. For a QB of his caliber, (And I put him up there with Roethlisberger, Eli, and Drew Brees Types) that is an incredibly disappointing career arc.

Hell, the general narrative surrounding Elway was that he had a disappointing Career until he finished it with Back to Back Superbowl wins. Marino and Jim Kelley's careers are considered a bit of a disappointment as neither was ever quite able to close out the big game. Some people even bag on Kurt Warner, Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre for never being able to capture that second Lombardi. So for a top level QB that was never able to make it to a conference title game, much less a Superbowl, I have no issue describing that as a disappointing career regardless of his regular season numbers.
Cousins has played in one playoff game in his career. So yeah completely comparible. Rivers played in 1 AFCCG..... with a torn ACL.
Rivers has passed those guys you mention except Favre and Brees in career stats and has killed Fouts career stats and team records and BTW...all are HOF'ers so......i dont know, maybe his take was WAY OFF?

Kirk Cousins? LMAO , cant get over that. Cousins has the worse record against wining teams as well.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-13-2019 at 04:35 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:30 PM   #11
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Oh...ouch. Forgot about that one. Well, there you go. That is River's legacy right now. One AFC Championship game that was pretty forgettable.
Yeah, he played with a torn ACL. Had a surgery scope procedure 4 days before that game just to help stabilize it.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:31 PM   #12
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 27,628

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
What just happened? There was a response from a Bolt fan, ripping my take of Rivers and his status with the team. And now that post is gone he must he deleted it real fast. He ripped my take because I compared Rivers to Cousins noting very little team success and ripped me for considering that on how to define a qb.

I agree that qb's shouldn't solely be defined by Super Bowl success. But, it does factor in. Rivers has had a good career and I am sure Rivers is very frustrated with an overall lack of postseason success. How can this be disputed? Maybe he's pissed because his team layed an egg today.
You are wrong on Rivers, hes on his way to a HoF career. Hes had how many HCs over his career?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:32 PM   #13
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20,592
Default

Rivers>Cousins.
socalorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #14
qbronco
Lifelong Fan
 
qbronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,832

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default

Is Rivers more HOF worthy than the guy he was traded for (E. Manning)?
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:37 PM   #15
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
Is Rivers more HOF worthy than the guy he was traded for (E. Manning)?
He is a better QB but that guys name is Manning so no. And he is another example. He isnt as good as Rivers but his team had a good defense while Eli didnt stand out and they won, and he had that miracle catch.

I think SB wins are overrated as for defining a players career. Dan Marino never won one but again i mention Doug Williams. Worst QB i think i ever saw who won a SB.


I dont want to keep respondng to every ones reply. It was just a bad writeup by SVine on the teams QBs.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:38 PM   #16
SVine
Ring of Famer
 
SVine's Avatar
 
Broncos 2017!

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chadron, NE
Posts: 6,570

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
You are wrong on Rivers, hes on his way to a HoF career. Hes had how many HCs over his career?
I never said Rivers wasn't on a HOF career path. But is it a slam dunk?
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:40 PM   #17
Bronx33
Dont Dox Me Bro!
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Camaraderie-ship for all

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 52,874

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
He is a better QB but that guys name is Manning so no. And he is another example. He isnt as good as Rivers but his team had a good defense while Eli didnt stand out and they won, and he had that miracle catch.

I think SB wins are overrated as for defining a players career. Dan Marino never won one but again i mention Doug Williams. Worst QB i think i ever saw who won a SB.


I dont want to keep respondng to every ones reply. It was just a bad writeup by SVine on teh teams QBs.

It sure as **** doesn't hurt
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:40 PM   #18
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
I never said Rivers wasn't on a HOF career path. But is it a slam dunk?
He will be in guaranteed. First time ballot? I dont know but he will be in. He isnt done yet either.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:41 PM   #19
SVine
Ring of Famer
 
SVine's Avatar
 
Broncos 2017!

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chadron, NE
Posts: 6,570

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
Is Rivers more HOF worthy than the guy he was traded for (E. Manning)?
What odd circumstances in Rivers early career. Traded him for E Manning? Didn't the Bolts draft Drew Brees and give up on him after a season or two? Or, are you mixing up Ely with Brees?

As for Brees... Now that is a slam dunk HOF career.
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:42 PM   #20
v2micca
This is the Water
 
v2micca's Avatar
 
and this is the well.

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
He is a better QB but that guys name is Manning so no. And he is another example. He isnt as good as Rivers but his team had a good defense while Eli didnt stand out and they won, and he had that miracle catch.

I think SB wins are overrated as for defining a players career. Dan Marino never won one but again i mention Doug Williams. Worst QB i think i ever saw who won a SB.


I dont want to keep respondng to every ones reply. It was just a bad writeup by SVine on the teams QBs.
Yeah, I don't think you want to be playing the "He had a better team around him" card. The 2006 Chargers were absolutely stacked. The fact that they couldn't handle their business against the Patriots at home remains one of the biggest post-season swoons I have personally witnessed.
v2micca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:44 PM   #21
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 27,628

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
I never said Rivers wasn't on a HOF career path. But is it a slam dunk?
Hes not a first ballot HoFer right now, but he should get in eventually. I think the idiots who vote are chronic morons for the most part (lack of Broncos in Hall of Shame ticks me off) but stats are stats and Rivers has a lot of production over a long career.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:21 PM   #22
qbronco
Lifelong Fan
 
qbronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,832

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
What odd circumstances in Rivers early career. Traded him for E Manning? Didn't the Bolts draft Drew Brees and give up on him after a season or two? Or, are you mixing up Ely with Brees?

As for Brees... Now that is a slam dunk HOF career.
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...de-2004-120915
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:48 PM   #23
SVine
Ring of Famer
 
SVine's Avatar
 
Broncos 2017!

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chadron, NE
Posts: 6,570

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
Thanks for that. It stated that Rivers back up Brees for two years before Brees went to the Saints. Just really odd that the 3 qbs mentioned that were part of the Chargers during these couple of years would go on to HOF (or near HOF) careers.
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:48 PM   #24
SVine
Ring of Famer
 
SVine's Avatar
 
Broncos 2017!

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chadron, NE
Posts: 6,570

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default

Not too many responses to this. Does that mean my takes on all the teams qb situations are good? (Besides what Boltjolt thinks)
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Denver Broncos