The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2018, 08:55 PM   #76
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Need a new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Whatever option gets Nelson playing guard for us is the one I want.
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:22 PM   #77
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:15 PM   #78
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy

Return to the Playoffs

I really don't think they are going to sign him, and I don't think we are going QB at 5 unless Rosen or Darnold drop. Allen and Mayfield are just not worth that high of a pick.

Look for a QB in the 2nd or 3rd and one of the Viking's guys to end up here. Either way, this is a rebuild and there is no SB contention in our immediate future. I hate the saying, but it is what it is.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:02 AM   #79
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

A lot of misinformation out there right now I have heard that there is very little chance Kirk is signed by Broncos. Just too much money.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:12 AM   #80
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
A lot of nuggets they dropped this week
Old 01-28-2018, 02:12 AM   #81
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Let the heads roll.........

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

Chad "Machine Gun" Kelly is going to rule the world b**tches!!!!!

Or maybe not.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 03:27 AM   #82
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Would be nice if Cousins actually took a little less to play here. I know if I was in the shoes of some of these QBs I'd take less on condition that the team used the saved cap to help the O-Line and **** like that - that said I'd want more guaranteed money for the overall year by year savings.

Give me 5 years $100 million with 60 million guaranteed.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 04:18 AM   #83
wolf754life
HORSE FACE GM

THE GHOST of HORSEFACE GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Would be nice if Cousins actually took a little less to play here. I know if I was in the shoes of some of these QBs I'd take less on condition that the team used the saved cap to help the O-Line and **** like that - that said I'd want more guaranteed money for the overall year by year savings.

Give me 5 years $100 million with 60 million guaranteed.
thats not how this works anymore.
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 04:49 AM   #84
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
thats not how this works anymore.
Why not? Brady makes pennies for what he's worth at his own choice. Manning restructured to take less. Who says Cousins has to get 27 million a year?
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 07:14 AM   #85
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Why not? Brady makes pennies for what he's worth at his own choice. Manning restructured to take less. Who says Cousins has to get 27 million a year?
People who don't want him and want the Bronco's to guess which rookie will be better since history shows Darnold, Rosen, Allen, and Mayfield are not all going to be great pros. Maybe one or two at most, but just as likely none of them.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 07:50 AM   #86
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
I really don't think they are going to sign him, and I don't think we are going QB at 5 unless Rosen or Darnold drop. Allen and Mayfield are just not worth that high of a pick.

Look for a QB in the 2nd or 3rd and one of the Viking's guys to end up here. Either way, this is a rebuild and there is no SB contention in our immediate future. I hate the saying, but it is what it is.
They arent going QB in the 2nd or 3rd, no one good is worth it there.

There's a possibility 6 QB's go in Round 1: Allen, Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, Rudolph and Jackson. Then what's left? Next to nothing.

Only way they dont go QB is if they sign Cousins.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 07:51 AM   #87
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
They didnt really break anything there. Nothing can be said of Kirk unless he hits the market. Until then, it's just speculation.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:03 AM   #88
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

I forsee a hard time signing any free agents with this coaching staff we have. Really, who would want to come to an organization where you have little to no room to grow and gain more skills.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:07 AM   #89
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzo View Post
Yep. Nelson is the best player in the draft regardless of position. He's plug and play for years assuming he stays healthy.

What's the point of drafting another qb if your oline is still garbage?
I remember hearing the same thing when the Cardinals drafted Jonathon Cooper.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:45 AM   #90
eff1ngham
Here for the QB drama

Forgot my password

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2018 QB

Quote:
Well you're talking about two long-time veterans who already made a lot in salary, guarantees, bonuses and endocements. Not to mention Brady is married to someone with more money than him it's not really fair to compare cousins to them. By that rationale every player should take less money because someone else did it once
eff1ngham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:02 AM   #91
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brendan Langley

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
They didnt really break anything there. Nothing can be said of Kirk unless he hits the market. Until then, it's just speculation.
Biggest issue I see is Cousins and Trevor Siemian share the same agent and media folks are throwing out that TS camp feels like organization pushed him under the bus a few times the past few years. They mentioned that it could work but that there will be no discounts for Kirk going to Denver where as he might be willing to take a little less going to a few other places.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:08 AM   #92
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I remember hearing the same thing when the Cardinals drafted Jonathon Cooper.
He got hurt and that was that. I don't remember HOF talk with him though.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:18 AM   #93
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Biggest issue I see is Cousins and Trevor Siemian share the same agent and media folks are throwing out that TS camp feels like organization pushed him under the bus a few times the past few years. They mentioned that it could work but that there will be no discounts for Kirk going to Denver where as he might be willing to take a little less going to a few other places.
Siemian is probably gone, he's turnover prone and injury prone. He'll be cut if he's not traded. Cleaning out the trash. It's not really pushing him out the door, just upgrading the QB room.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:32 AM   #94
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Siemian is probably gone, he's turnover prone and injury prone. He'll be cut if he's not traded. Cleaning out the trash. It's not really pushing him out the door, just upgrading the QB room.
I think the point he was trying to make is that Siemian may have poisoned the well a bit. Personally I donít believe any free agents are going to be interested in the Broncos with our horrible coaching staff and idiotic FO. Not unless we offer a lot more than anyone else, or are straight up the only interested team.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:33 AM   #95
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
You also hear stuff like the organization is ruthless and that has gotten around the league. Making players less likely to sign here.

I think Elway is ruthless but itís to win, he could do that with Manning on the team. Belichick is pretty ruthless too, but he has Brady. I know that spending the cash that will be needed to sign cousins guarantees that Franchise QB. He is an upper tier QB, but is he the kind of guy that you want to make one of the highest paid QBs
Old 01-28-2018, 10:38 AM   #96
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
He got hurt and that was that. I don't remember HOF talk with him though.
I remember Cooper was the safest pick in the draft, had HOF potential, the next Randall McDaniel, etc. etc.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:38 AM   #97
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
You also hear stuff like the organization is ruthless and that has gotten around the league. Making players less likely to sign here.

I think Elway is ruthless but itís to win, he could do that with Manning on the team. Belichick is pretty ruthless too, but he has Brady. I know that spending the cash that will be needed to sign cousins guarantees that Franchise QB. He is an upper tier QB, but is he the kind of guy that you want to make one of the highest paid QBs
Thatís what I donít get with all this Cousins-to-the-Broncos talk. Do people really expect Elway to break the bank for him? That 100% goes against Elwayís pattern of behavior. I just donít see it.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:42 AM   #98
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bůg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Thatís what I donít get with all this Cousins-to-the-Broncos talk. Do people really expect Elway to break the bank for him? That 100% goes against Elwayís pattern of behavior. I just donít see it.
You're right. People forget how ruthless Elway was with Manning that last year when Denver won the superbowl.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:58 AM   #99
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I remember Cooper was the safest pick in the draft, had HOF potential, the next Randall McDaniel, etc. etc.
He got hurt before he even played a game and missed his rookie year and never seemed to recover. If he hadn't gotten hurt, who knows. I do know Garcia needs to be replaced and if the Bronco's want to pound the ball, Nelson is the type of guard you want and who can pass protect. Teams that don't value guards are the same teams that can't run the ball between the tackles and can not covert 3rd and short without having to pass or run a trick play.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:09 AM   #100
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Probably not but Broncos are desperate for a QB.