The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2018, 07:24 PM   #51
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
You got very high hopes for a late 1st rounder early 2nd rd QB.

Remember, the talk is not letting this SB caliber defense go to waste.
If you cut Talib for Cousins it will go to waste anyway. He can't beat .500 teams to save his life.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:24 PM   #52
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Please correct me if I am wrong, but all those players you listed... wasn't it Elway who signed or drafted them in the first place?

Trevathan and Malik were cap casualties. If you want to blame someone, blame Von. He demanded to be the top paid defensive player. It also didn't help that it was the same year Manning retired and the Broncos needed the money to resign Brock.

Julius was never going to resign with the Broncos. He was going to go to the highest bidder. Thank god we didn't resign him

Welker was a shadow of himself. Didn't we technically replace Welker with Sanders

You don't replace a Manning. Franchise QB only come around every few decades. Some teams never get a franchise QB. Some teams think they got a franchise QB only to get duds.
This is a terrible way to evaluate Elway.

Elway’s job wasn’t over three years ago. In any business, if you score a couple big deals and then lose your touch, you don’t get a pass. It’s Elway’s job to have a plan for turnover, and he has failed.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:44 PM   #53
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
This is a terrible way to evaluate Elway.

Elway’s job wasn’t over three years ago. In any business, if you score a couple big deals and then lose your touch, you don’t get a pass. It’s Elway’s job to have a plan for turnover, and he has failed.
There is no GM or VP that is being evaluated on a annual basis. It takes time to build a team and win. It takes time to reload and make a run for the SB. Elway has been the VP now for 7 years. In those 7 years, he has been to the playoffs 5 of 7 seasons, 5 AFCW titles, 2 AFC Conf champs and a SB. He took over a 4-12 team with a horrible roster. This by itself will have 31 teams in the NFL salivating to hire a GM that can bring them these results

Everyone that is a knowledgeable Broncos fan knows that the QB of this team sucks. That with any decent QB play, this team is a playoff team and a contender. It just so happens that QB position is the hardest to fill and with an exception of a few teams, the rest of the NFL is struggling trying to find that franchise QB.

I have faith in Elway getting us back top the top. Fans need to be patient. Broncos fans have unrealistic expectations and a very short fuse.

btw, winning in football is not a business. if it was, there will be 31 new GMs and VPs every year.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:51 AM   #54
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Julius was never going to resign with the Broncos. He was going to go to the highest bidder. Thank god we didn't resign him
Every player is going to the highest bidder... Don't fool yourself.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:56 AM   #55
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

1. Hire kyle shannahan and wade Phillips.
Oh right.....
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:58 AM   #56
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
If you cut Talib for Cousins it will go to waste anyway. He can't beat .500 teams to save his life.
We don't need Cousins to be Brees, Brady or Rogers. He doesn't even need to be elite. All Cousins needs to do is be a decent QB. Let Elway build the team around him where he doesn't have to be main focal point. I think that is the formula for success in this league.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:01 AM   #57
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
Every player is going to the highest bidder... Don't fool yourself.
Didn't Harris and Wolfe stay on the team because they wanted the stability? I am sure they could of gotten more money if they hit FA.

Julius wanted out of Denver anyways.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:23 AM   #58
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Didn't Harris and Wolfe stay on the team because they wanted the stability? I am sure they could of gotten more money if they hit FA.

Julius wanted out of Denver anyways.
They took extensions as it protected them going forward much longer term then playing to free agency. Also, yes they wanted to stay in Denver. That whole ball in is the Broncos' court though. Wolfe did very well with his extension considering his injury history.

Julius wanted a pay day as he doesn't seem into actually playing football.

EDIT: Ignore what i said above.... I meant every FA is going to the highest bidder. That take no explanation.

Last edited by jmz313; 02-23-2018 at 06:27 AM..
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:49 AM   #59
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
They took extensions as it protected them going forward much longer term then playing to free agency. Also, yes they wanted to stay in Denver. That whole ball in is the Broncos' court though. Wolfe did very well with his extension considering his injury history.

Julius wanted a pay day as he doesn't seem into actually playing football.

EDIT: Ignore what i said above.... I meant every FA is going to the highest bidder. That take no explanation.
I agree partially. Manning could of gotten more money going elsewhere.

Most players who become FA by choice usually go to the highest bidder.