The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2018, 01:03 PM   #251
Strip Sacked
Peanut Smasher

You're dead to me Peanut.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
E. Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
aren't you being a bit dramatic?

Elway never planned for Siemian to start. His plan was for Brock and Paxton to take over. One left and the other hasn't and probably will never panned out. If this is a massive **** up, then 75% of the league VP's are massive **** ups. Because besides the few teams with franchise QB, most are in some sort of transition period either thinking they have a franchise QB or trying to get one.

Your expectations are quite unrealistic. The team came off a SB win with the starting QB leaving. Their QB who was suppose to take over left because his feelings were hurt.
Of course he's being dramatic. But then again this is also the guy who stated the salary cap is "largely fictional".

You can't expect everyone to know what they're talking about.

Siemian wasn't a **** up by Elway on any means. Lack of position management yes, but Siemian was never intended to be the starter. He just happened to be the best QB on the roster.

You can explain it to them, but you can't understand it for them.
Strip Sacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:29 PM   #252
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Underdog View Post
Siemian was legit, a 7th round pick that started games and was once considered the answer is really impressive.

Kelly is much different than all those other guys because he only dropped because of character and injuries. Guy has the talent to be legit.

#SwagKelly
That's what makes this intriguing. Without the character and injury issues, he was probably going to be a 1st round pick, 2nd at worst. Played against elite competition in college and was successful. Has an NFL caliber arm, is mobile, creates plays. But does he have it between the ears to make it as a starting NFL QB. And we learned something about that this past year. You can take a really smart guy, like Siemian, and that doesn't mean those smarts translate to being a smart QB.

I get why alot of people are high on him and I get why some people think it's a risk going into the season counting on him to win the job. It's a very tough call for Elway right now. Do you spend the big money on Cousins, do you draft another QB in the first round, or does he perhaps go with a QB in the 2nd round and then let that QB and Kelly battle it out. That sure would save you a ton of cash to keep some of our FA's and bring in some other FA's that could help this team.

The more I think about this, the less I like the idea of handing over all of that cash to Cousins. Cousins could end up being the highest paid player, and yet he's arguably just outside the top 10 QB's in the NFL.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:42 PM   #253
Strip Sacked
Peanut Smasher

You're dead to me Peanut.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
E. Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
That's what makes this intriguing. Without the character and injury issues, he was probably going to be a 1st round pick, 2nd at worst. Played against elite competition in college and was successful. Has an NFL caliber arm, is mobile, creates plays. But does he have it between the ears to make it as a starting NFL QB. And we learned something about that this past year. You can take a really smart guy, like Siemian, and that doesn't mean those smarts translate to being a smart QB.

I get why alot of people are high on him and I get why some people think it's a risk going into the season counting on him to win the job. It's a very tough call for Elway right now. Do you spend the big money on Cousins, do you draft another QB in the first round, or does he perhaps go with a QB in the 2nd round and then let that QB and Kelly battle it out. That sure would save you a ton of cash to keep some of our FA's and bring in some other FA's that could help this team.

The more I think about this, the less I like the idea of handing over all of that cash to Cousins. Cousins could end up being the highest paid player, and yet he's arguably just outside the top 10 QB's in the NFL.
KC would only be the highest paid player for the next season or two. With the way QB contracts are playing out, 27-28M a year could unfortunately be a steal (for a top 15 guy) in the next 4-5 years.
Strip Sacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:00 AM   #254
Schemy
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post

The thing with Trev, he may be really smart, but I don't think he ever had those QB instincts. From what I've read about Swag, he's very smart and has those instincts, just lacks maturity and emotional intelligence. Word is that he's been doing all the right things. He easily could have gotten in trouble in Denver this last year, but all you heard was that he was working. I'd like to see him get a legit shot to compete for a spot. I think if you can harness that talent and then put it together mentally, you'd have something special.
Schemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:52 AM   #255
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schemy View Post
The thing with Trev, he may be really smart, but I don't think he ever had those QB instincts. From what I've read about Swag, he's very smart and has those instincts, just lacks maturity and emotional intelligence. Word is that he's been doing all the right things. He easily could have gotten in trouble in Denver this last year, but all you heard was that he was working. I'd like to see him get a legit shot to compete for a spot. I think if you can harness that talent and then put it together mentally, you'd have something special.
Yeah, just because somebody is book smart doesn't mean they process information quickly, which you need to be a successful NFL QB. The best I ever saw Siemian play it all seemed very scripted and mechanical if you will. He just didn't have that 'it' factor that's for sure.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:59 AM   #256
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I'm really hoping Kelly pans out. I'd love to see some real shootouts between Kelly and Mahomes over the next 10 years. Plus, I think Carr is going to be a better QB with Gruden, because John Gruden is going to push Carr to be better.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:59 AM   #257
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

His Uncle is posting some sweet video of him on social media. What is an honest assesment of the guy's arm strength? Compared to a starting NFL QB? I know, YouTube, I'm too lazy.
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:00 PM   #258
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
His Uncle is posting some sweet video of him on social media. What is an honest assesment of the guy's arm strength? Compared to a starting NFL QB? I know, YouTube, I'm too lazy.
He's legit. The best arm in the draft, outside of Mahomes.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:07 PM   #259
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Nailed it.

They actually thought going into 2017 with 3 inexperienced QBs, and Siemian on 1 year of starting, was a good idea.

Didnít realize they needed a vet on the roster till end of August. 2017s plan was Siemian starter Lynch back up. 2 QBs. Stupid.
You say it was "stupid," but tell me the alternatives? Who were the vets available that would have made any difference? Keenum if you had a crystal ball, I guess. But he wouldn't have been as successful away from Minnesota's roster. Anybody else? McNown? Does he win much more than 5 games?

They had a 1st round pick heading into his second season and a third-year player with a year under his belt and the potential to improve. It was sensible to have an open competition between the two, and it's only hindsight to suggest otherwise. Again, I ask you what the alternative was that would've resulted in anything significantly better? I wish they had known in advance neither guy would work out so they could've traded up for DeShaun, but alas, the crystal ball was in the shop.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:12 PM   #260
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
His talent is great. Heís just a friggin tardo
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:13 PM   #261
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schemy View Post
Iím excited to see him play. Thereís something interesting about him
Old 02-23-2018, 12:20 PM   #262
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Iím excited to see him play. Thereís something interesting about him
Part of the equation as to why I think Elway will just go get McCarron and draft a QB somewhere in the 2nd, by acquiring another 2nd rounder through a trade. Maybe for Talib, maybe for Barrett.
Then Elway would have McCarron-Kelly-White or Rudolph at QB. All young with big potential and let Musgrave/Kubiak work their magic.
socalorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:23 PM   #263
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Part of the equation as to why I think Elway will just go get McCarron and draft a QB somewhere in the 2nd, by acquiring another 2nd rounder through a trade. Maybe for Talib, maybe for Barrett.
Then Elway would have McCarron-Kelly-White or Rudolph at QB. All young with big potential and let Musgrave/Kubiak work their magic.
I think if Elway gets McCarron, he won't draft a QB. He's got Kelly and Lynch. I know people are low on Lynch, but he's still on the roster. I seriously doubt Elway spends anything more than a 6-7th round pick on a QB, if, he brings in a FA QB. If Elway does not address the QB situation via a trade or FA, thing I think he'll trade up to #2 and draft Rosen.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:24 PM   #264
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So you want Training Camp competition 2.0?
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:26 PM   #265
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
So you want Training Camp competition 2.0?
Ah no. I think the guy who is signed to a 45 million dollar deal will be the starting QB.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:28 PM   #266
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Id be surprised if we got a 2 for either of those guys.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:32 PM   #267
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Ah no. I think the guy who is signed to a 45 million dollar deal will be the starting QB.
Then don't draft a dude in the 2nd round unless you LOVE him.

Teams do this all the time. I'm fairly convinced Cleveland drafted Kizer simply cause they needed a QB and he was next on Kiper's list.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:32 PM   #268
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
If Elway wants to commit another high draft pick to QB and have him sit I think Elway needs to retire. Lynch and Kelly are fine as backups.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:34 PM   #269
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
If Elway wants to commit another high draft pick to QB and have him sit I think Elway needs to retire. Lynch and Kelly are fine as backups.
Well, they aren't fine. But at what point does it matter is the question.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:55 PM   #270
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
isn't the rule is to always draft a qb? You may get lucky and find a gem. Or you can develop him and use him as trade bait later. The demand for QB's has been greater than before. Teams will pay big time for a qb that has been developed.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:58 PM   #271
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
isn't the rule is to always draft a qb? You may get lucky and find a gem. Or you can develop him and use him as trade bait later. The demand for QB's has been greater than before. Teams will pay big time for a qb that has been developed.
Its generally not "sign a big FA and draft one high"
Old 02-23-2018, 12:59 PM   #272
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No. Never stop drafting QBs. And never stop looking at bringing in what you consider to be a better QB than what you already have in the pipeline.
QB is the most important position in all of sports.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:27 PM   #273
TheCrow11
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly

There has been some chatter concerning Buffalo potentially trading up to get a QB, would it be that outlandish if it was with Denver. Pick 21 and 22 AND Tyrod for pick 5. Then you roll into camp with Tyrod-Kelly-Lynch. Tyrod at 10mil is better then McCarron/Keenum at 16-18mil.
TheCrow11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:56 PM   #274
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrow11 View Post
There has been some chatter concerning Buffalo potentially trading up to get a QB, would it be that outlandish if it was with Denver. Pick 21 and 22 AND Tyrod for pick 5. Then you roll into camp with Tyrod-Kelly-Lynch. Tyrod at 10mil is better then McCarron/Keenum at 16-18mil.
I don't think BUF would give DEN all that for 5. Both picks I could see though.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:07 PM   #275
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Green Bay did it for years with Farve but always day 3
Sure draft a QB but not in round 2 when you just signed a QB for $45MM.
Do like Seattle and Dallas and draft a 3rd or 4th round QB.