The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2018, 11:59 PM   #1
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN
Default Toys R Us not dead yet

Billionaire CEO behind Bratz makes his bid for Toys 'R' US

The CEO behind Bratz dolls and Little Tikes toys is officially making his bid for Toys "R" Us.

Isaac Larian said Friday that he's entered a formal offer of $675 million to buy many of the Toys "R" Us stores in the United States, along with an additional $215 million for Toys "R" Us stores in Canada.

Larian is looking to buy more than 200 of the remaining 735 locations in the US, and almost all of more than 80 locations in Canada, a spokesperson said.

Larian, who runs MGA Entertainment, will use his own money for the bid, along with financing from banks and additional investors, according to a press release.

"The liquidation of Toys 'R' Us is going to have a long-term effect on the toy business. The industry will truly suffer," he said in a statement. "The prospect of bringing the Toys 'R' Us experience to a new generation, my new grandson's generation, is enough to motivate me to Save Toys 'R' Us."

Toys "R" Us declined to comment.

"We will make Toys 'R' Us an experience in and of itself; a fun and engaging place where families can spend an entire day," he said in his statement on Friday. "Imagine a mini-Disneyland in each neighborhood."

In the past, Larian has blamed the demise of Toys "R" Us on its private equity owners, which saddled the company with debt.

complete article
Guess Who is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2018, 12:02 AM   #2
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

I was never a big Toys are US shopper, Growing up in Rapid City I don't think we even had a store and after moving to Texas we went into the store a couple of times but found it disorganized and nothing we wanted to buy.

Sounds like this guy has a plan, make the stores more of an experience where you can play the games. Hell, I would even sell food and drinks and have some rides for the little kids.

You have to draw people in, give them something they cannot get from Amazon/Wal-Mart.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:44 AM   #3
B-Large
Pork Hanger

Oily Variety Bohunk

Probably buying up the real estate portfolio to sell to Amazon for server/ computing space...

The Toys R Us model is dead....
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:36 AM   #4
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Take the real estate put in some bounce houses with a candy and soda concession stand. Then sells toys on the side. That thing will kill!

Parents will drop their kids off in the morning and pick them up after lunch when they drop for an all day nap.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:51 AM   #5
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Take the real estate put in some bounce houses with a candy and soda concession stand. Then sells toys on the side. That thing will kill!

Parents will drop their kids off in the morning and pick them up after lunch when they drop for an all day nap.
That is what I am thinking. Malls are dead.... people are fat and lazy and want easy entertainment.

Sell, pizza, sodas have some hot toys in designated area Kids could play with. Could work.