The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #851
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
This place is full of more retards than the locker room at the special olympics.
duh!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #852
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

via reddit
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #853
baja
Headmaster

"Win from now on" - Elway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

I got Gang Tebow
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:03 AM   #854
Stagger Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I am now accepting offers for the screen name 'Tebow' over at http://forums.theganggreen.com/, registered right after he was traded. It's never been used, and can be yours for the right price.
Well played sir.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:30 AM   #855
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu reflects on the simplistic approach of Jets QB Tim Tebow

PITTSBURGH – The last time Steelers safety Troy Polamalu was on the field, he left amid a dizzying moment of loss, frenetic energy and striking religious symbolism. For a man who is extraordinarily religious himself, watching Tim Tebow beat the Steelers was an interesting, if somewhat painful, experience.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--st...tim-tebow.html
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:06 AM   #856
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Steelers safety Troy Polamalu reflects on the simplistic approach of Jets QB Tim Tebow

PITTSBURGH The last time Steelers safety Troy Polamalu was on the field, he left amid a dizzying moment of loss, frenetic energy and striking religious symbolism. For a man who is extraordinarily religious himself, watching Tim Tebow beat the Steelers was an interesting, if somewhat painful, experience.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--st...tim-tebow.html
This part is instructive:

Quote:
On the flipside of that high praise, Polamalu remains stunned at the simplicity of the offense Denver ran with Tebow and came away with one strong conclusion:
"You can't run that offense unless you have a great defense to go with it," said Polamalu, who remembers going through the playoff game thinking time after time
"There's no way they're going to run that same route again," he said. "As a safety, part of your job is to eliminate certain routes that you don't think they're going to run. I would line up and say, 'They ran that the last time, there's no way they're going to run it again.' Then they did. The next time, 'There's no way they're going to run that again,' then they did.
"It was an incredibly simple offense that you just don't think can work in this league, but it worked for them with the kind of talent they had."
Part of the arguments here last year were that the Broncos were very predictable. I could tell what they were doing every snap almost. McCoy needs to share some accountability for that. I know it's partly because they never had a true "install" offseason with Tebow under center, and they were just doing it as they go along.

And the Tebow haters say "it's all Tebow could do, McCoy is a genius, the great one ever, doing only with the limited talent of Tebow."

But the truth is more subtle -- this team WASTED almost 3 years on Kyle Orton. They should have been working with Tebow to design more sets that were not predictable to the defense, like Troy says above.

The Patriots were able to just TEE OFF, because they had figured out the Broncos called the same plays in the same situations every time. And McCoy had no counterpunch for any play-calling.

Last edited by Jay3; 06-08-2012 at 07:09 AM..
Old 06-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #857
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
But the truth is more subtle -- this team WASTED almost 3 years on Kyle Orton. They should have been working with Tebow to design more sets that were not predictable to the defense, like Troy says above.
Ummm, this is a bit dishonest.

2009 - can't do anything about that because Tebow wasn't even on the team.

2010 - can't do anything about that because Tebow was a rookie who everyone in the world, including his biggest proponents, knew would need at least a year, if not two, to be ready to take over full time. Even still, they managed to insert him in specialty packages with regularity and eventually put him in full time the last few weeks.

2011 - they completely redesigned the offense the best they could to cater to his "talents" at the position.

There wasn't much more they could've done. You can't change EVERYTHING in one year.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #858
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Ummm, this is a bit dishonest.

2009 - can't do anything about that because Tebow wasn't even on the team.

2010 - can't do anything about that because Tebow was a rookie who everyone in the world, including his biggest proponents, knew would need at least a year, if not two, to be ready to take over full time. Even still, they managed to insert him in specialty packages with regularity and eventually put him in full time the last few weeks.

2011 - they completely redesigned the offense the best they could to cater to his "talents" at the position.

There wasn't much more they could've done. You can't change EVERYTHING in one year.
You're looking at from a standpoint of culpability and blame, like "what could they have done?" I'm just looking at it in hindsight -- it was thoroughly wasted time from the QB position standpoint.

Granted, they drafted one as soon as they could. But if you started tracing back things they could have done different to avoid this hole, you get back to the Cutler situation (and no, I don't want to rehash it). It's just Tebow bears more than his fair share of the brunt for what was a very stunted situation -- there are still folks who believe the Broncos were on the precipice of an elite passing offense in 2010 and it just kind of slipped away due to circumstance. They weren't. In hindsight, they may have had an elite pass-catching receiver in Lloyd.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #859
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

Quote:
You're looking at from a standpoint of culpability and blame, like "what could they have done?" I'm just looking at it in hindsight -- it was thoroughly wasted time from the QB position standpoint.

Granted, they drafted one as soon as they could. But if you started tracing back things they could have done different to avoid this hole, you get back to the Cutler situation (and no, I don't want to rehash it). It's just Tebow bears more than his fair share of the brunt for what was a very stunted situation -- there are still folks who believe the Broncos were on the precipice of an elite passing offense in 2010 and it just kind of slipped away due to circumstance. They weren't. In hindsight, they may have had an elite pass-catching receiver in Lloyd.
You're going to have to let it go. Breathe. come down off that ledge, special butterfly. Everything's going to be okay.

I don't know if you heard, but... we got Manning.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #860
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Steelers safety Troy Polamalu reflects on the simplistic approach of Jets QB Tim Tebow...
Well, now we have the answer to the question: just what the hell was Dick LeBeau thinking?

Clearly, the Steelers thought the Broncos were going to approach last year's playoff game like any other NFL team--that is to say, they were going to try and change things up. You can't blame LeBeau for making this assumption. After all, that's exactly what most NFL teams try and do from week to week. LeBeau may be one of the greatest defensive minds the NFL has ever seen, but in this case, that mind worked very much against him. LeBeau, it seems to me, was a victim of a cognitive bias known as Curse of Knowledge:
The curse of knowledge is a cognitive bias according to which better-informed agents find it extremely difficult to think about problems from the perspective of lesser-informed agents. As such added information may convey some disutility
Translation: sometimes, the smartest guys in the room (LeBeau, Polamalu, and Co.) can't fathom that everyone else isn't trying to be as clever as they are. This explains why the Broncos could run the same play over and over and over again, while the Steelers tried to outwit a phantom Bill Walsh and Joe Montana. A week later, Bill Belichick forced the Patriots into a Forrest Gump defense with vastly different results.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prim...can-be-so-dumb
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #861
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Well, now we have the answer to the question: just what the hell was Dick LeBeau thinking?

Clearly, the Steelers thought the Broncos were going to approach last year's playoff game like any other NFL team--that is to say, they were going to try and change things up. You can't blame LeBeau for making this assumption. After all, that's exactly what most NFL teams try and do from week to week. LeBeau may be one of the greatest defensive minds the NFL has ever seen, but in this case, that mind worked very much against him. LeBeau, it seems to me, was a victim of a cognitive bias known as Curse of Knowledge:
The curse of knowledge is a cognitive bias according to which better-informed agents find it extremely difficult to think about problems from the perspective of lesser-informed agents. As such added information may convey some disutility
Translation: sometimes, the smartest guys in the room (LeBeau, Polamalu, and Co.) can't fathom that everyone else isn't trying to be as clever as they are. This explains why the Broncos could run the same play over and over and over again, while the Steelers tried to outwit a phantom Bill Walsh and Joe Montana. A week later, Bill Belichick forced the Patriots into a Forrest Gump defense with vastly different results.

lol...thats awesome
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #862
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

Lol, Nice
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #863
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
You're going to have to let it go. Breathe. come down off that ledge, special butterfly. Everything's going to be okay.

I don't know if you heard, but... we got Manning.
Sure, and if that had been the plan, it would amazingly executed.

But that was not the plan. They were bailed out by circumstanced.

The point is that Mike McCoy is not a genius, despite the strong evidence often cited that the Dolphins almost wanted to hire him.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #864
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
Disagree. Serious bust talk wasn't for a few years later. Even last year houston has high hopes until he got inured.
they had high hopes that he would be a good back up,now he is trying sign on with the raider if he hasn't already. he was never going to unseat schaub.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #865
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

Quote:

The point is that Mike McCoy is not a genius, despite the strong evidence often cited that the Dolphins almost wanted to hire him.
I.

Don't care.

About "intent."

Bottom line is that we have Peyton ****ing Manning, and Bouncepass McGillicuddy is no longer here.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #866
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
I.

Don't care.

About "intent."

Bottom line is that we have Peyton ****ing Manning, and Bouncepass McGillicuddy is no longer here.
Well, that's not a bad way to look at it but it hardly justifies hanging out on an NFL discussion board, much less posting in a thread about Tebow.

You could just sit around and think "We have Peyton Manning. Mmmmm."
Old 06-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #867
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Tebow looked horrible in practice running an nfl style offense. So they couldn't use that kind of play calling. Why would you choose a play in a game that looked ridiculous during the week in practice? Jets are seeing the same thing and now he's on special teams.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #868
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Tebow looked horrible in practice running an nfl style offense. So they couldn't use that kind of play calling. Why would you choose a play in a game that looked ridiculous during the week in practice? Jets are seeing the same thing and now he's on special teams.
This is giving all the benefit of doubt to McCoy. Overblown about the parade of horribles. He never got an OTA install or first team reps in off-season. And he didn't look "horrible" on longer throws.

My point is that just because Tebow was limited doesn't mean McCoy was a genius. It's possible that for McCoy to be thoroughly mediocre at the same time.

All I know is I saw an incredibly repetitive and predictable offense for 3 quarters, and when they spread it out in the 4th it always worked. I think there's something to be said for holding everybody accountable, not just Tebow.

To the extent the defense of "it worked well enough, they won" is raised, the same benefit goes to Tebow.

More plays like the 80 yarder against Pittsburgh should have been designed.

I guarantee Peyton will add plays. Gar-ON-tee.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #869
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
This is giving all the benefit of doubt to McCoy. Overblown about the parade of horribles. He never got an OTA install or first team reps in off-season. And he didn't look "horrible" on longer throws.

My point is that just because Tebow was limited doesn't mean McCoy was a genius. It's possible that for McCoy to be thoroughly mediocre at the same time.

All I know is I saw an incredibly repetitive and predictable offense for 3 quarters, and when they spread it out in the 4th it always worked. I think there's something to be said for holding everybody accountable, not just Tebow.

To the extent the defense of "it worked well enough, they won" is raised, the same benefit goes to Tebow.

More plays like the 80 yarder against Pittsburgh should have been designed.

I guarantee Peyton will add plays. Gar-ON-tee.

He might not have looked horrible in practice. But he did look bad enough for an NFL veteran HC to say theyd be screwed running an NFL offense. Just cause one 80 yard bomb worked doesn't mean they all would. Saying Peyton adds plays is a given. That usually happens when you acquire a HOFer at that position. During all those 3 quarters I watched plenty of plays where tebow pressed and looked to run instead of going through progressions. Those are passing plays called by McCoy but not executed because tebow looked to run when his footwork and eyes in the pocket weren't good enough.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-08-2012 at 06:10 PM..
Old 06-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #870
Jay3

Quote:
He might not have looked horrible in practice. But he did look bad enough for an NFL veteran HC to say theyd be screwed running an NFL offense. Just cause one 80 yard bomb worked doesn't mean they all would. Saying Peyton adds plays is a given. That usually happens when you acquire a HOFer at that position. During all those 3 quarters I watched plenty of plays where tebow pressed and looked to run instead of going through progressions. Those are passing plays called by McCoy but not executed because tebow looked to run when his footwork and eyes in the pocket weren't good enough.
Fine, you believe the offense was not predictable and repetitive. Agree to disagree.

And it wasn't an 80 yard bomb. It was a pretty quick strike over the middle.

It's not McCoy's fault, Tebow's failures. But his stats could have been a lot better with a better series of play designs. And for some reason, most people harp mostly on the stats.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #871
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I doubt many teams play cover zero all the time for that play to work.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #872
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I doubt many teams play cover zero all the time for that play to work.
No teams play anything all the time.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:34 AM   #873
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

Quote:
Well, that's not a bad way to look at it but it hardly justifies hanging out on an NFL discussion board, much less posting in a thread about Tebow.

You could just sit around and think "We have Peyton Manning. Mmmmm."
Thing about it is, we've rehashed Tebow's time here over and over and over. Nothing is changing. It's not going to reverse, suddenly, and he's not going to arrive at Dove Valley ready to take DJ's LB spot. (Shame, by the way.)

You're not going to convince me that he's ever going to make it as a QB at this level; I'm a wait-and-see-but-I-don't-think-he-has-the-basic-skills-required-for-that camp. I'm never going to convince you that he's not THE reason for the Broncos' turnaround last season; you're in the we-won-a-playoff-game-why-is-that-not-enough-to-prove-to-you-people-that-he-can-play-QB-even-though-he-sucks-at-throwing-the-ball-oh-hey-look-Elway-had-a-bad-completion-%-HIS-first-year-too-because-the-two-are-totally-similar group.

So yes, bringing up McCoy (as if he could have played Tebow in a traditional offense and was somehow "holding him back") and Fox (as if he was the one throwing balls in the dirt) and Elway and his "intent" to trade Tebow is really, at best, irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. We sent off a QB who doesn't throw effectively (I'm trying this new thing where I attempt to be kind) and got stuck with Peyton Manning. However we got there, I think it's actually, you know, kind of a good thing.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:40 AM   #874
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:

More often than not, having a great QB running your offense makes offensive coordinators look like geniuses....McCoy might look like one after 2012 season is over ....because in case you haven't noticed, and judging by your posts, you haven't ....we signed Peyton Manning.

Last edited by errand; 06-09-2012 at 06:43 AM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:56 AM   #875
Jay3

The discussion was about Troy Palamalu's observation on how repetitive and predictable the offense was, despite it working.

I can understand both of you wanting to constantly bring up Peyton Manning and talk about him -- it's an understandable trend for every thread to eventually be about the current quarterback.

But this is the "tebow sucks" thread, and it works kind of well to confine most discussion about Tebow to one thread. It seems to be the most popular thread by far for now.

So, to be clear, I don't mind if you repeatedly bring up Peyton Manning, but spare me the suggestion that I'm "constantly bringing up" this detail or that detail in the thread that's about tebow sucking.