The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2014, 11:29 AM   #401
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

[QUOTE=txtebow;4110205]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post

Let Sam call out someone in an NFL locker room...he will be ostracized so quickly Goodell and the Rams will have nothing left but the shell of an already overly sensitive man to try and resuscitate. Think Johnathan Martin x 100. Mark my words...He will be placed on IR as a courtesy while he deals with "issues" as Jeff Fisher will put it (repeatedly) in press conferences in this 2014 season.......He was a productive college player with below average athletic measurables, add that to what I've seen in his interviews and he is destined to come up short as a contributor to the Rams.....
Your (idiotic) words are marked.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:30 AM   #402
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Exactly. On stage in comedy = OK because it's a forum people should expect it. Same with on the internet on a message board. Same with lots of arenas that are marketplace of ideas type areas.

But for instance going up to someone at work everyday and harrassing them would cross a line. You are actively trying to go out of your way to stop another person from pursuing happiness.

glad you at least get it, even though you still don't. Sorry but making a few jokes is not a big deal. I bet you do it all the time and have just for some reason decided gays are no off limits.
And that's the difference. I think saying things behind the safety of an online message board that you wouldn't say directly to someone's face is pretty much the definition of cowardice and hypocrisy. Sam putting his life and feelings out there in front of everyone to judge and discuss is much more just, brave and appropriate than hiding behind a user name and throwing around bigoted terms that are offensive to an entire group of people and then pretending like it's advancing some kind of discussion on the topic in your imaginary "marketplace of ideas" lol, is totally backwards and ****ed up. Just my opinion, the difference is that I'd be happy to say that to someone in real life.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #403
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
First, I don't think it's "gross." It's just not what I'm into. And I don't have to tune anything out to view Sam as a human being just like me and be happy for him.

But the comments on here are not just jokes. The comment I was responding to specifically said that the fact Sam cried exactly like others did, and kissed his partner exactly like others did, means he will never make it in the league.
so what we talk about why guys won't make it in the league all the time. We make fun of guys with too much bling and say his head won't be in it. So what if someone thinks the guy is soft, maybe came out as a stunt, and the fact he overdid his reaction is a warning sign. SO WHAT?

I'd really like someone to explain to me why what you just referenced is something that makes that poster not view Sam as a human being lol.

I mean seriously cmon because you make a joke or say that pillow biter won't make it in the NFL that means you think he isn't human lol? Or did I take that part wrong. I felt like you saying you view him as a human means that the poster you referenced doesn't?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #404
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
First, I don't think it's "gross." It's just not what I'm into. And I don't have to tune anything out to view Sam as a human being just like me and be happy for him.

But the comments on here are not just jokes. The comment I was responding to specifically said that the fact Sam cried exactly like others did, and kissed his partner exactly like others did, means he will never make it in the league.
Sam's public admittance of his homosexuality as a college football player("the manliest of men") is probably some evolution or progression of his sexual
fetish for men and it honestly holds no water with me.

When his "career" flounders after just 1 year, all of you golf clapping, tea sipping, progressives who didn't feel nauseated by the visual of Sam kissing that other man on his draft day should feel nauseated for thinking that he's something other than a CIRCUS ACT.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #405
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Mancambo is saying we are small minded bigots, and he is a large minded bigot.
No, Manchambo is a closet bigot lol!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #406
manchambo
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Sam's public admittance of his homosexuality as a college football player("the manliest of men") is probably some evolution or progression of his sexual
fetish for men and it honestly holds no water with me.

When his "career" flounders after just 1 year, all of you golf clapping, tea sipping, progressives who didn't feel nauseated by the visual of Sam kissing that other man on his draft day should feel nauseated for thinking that he's something other than a CIRCUS ACT.
I don't even have the first clue what your first paragraph could mean.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #407
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

[QUOTE=Dedhed;4110214]
Quote:
Your (idiotic) words are marked.
I welcome it Dedhed.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:40 AM   #408
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
that his public admittance of liking men is not a sign of mental toughness. there, I spelled it out for you.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #409
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
It's essentially the same thing as saying that Jackie Robinson was probably just living out some kind of kinky sexual fantasy by joining the Dodgers... Just a good way of stripping any actual good or power from his actions and making it okay to keep on keepin on with his own hate. Which is really par for the course with txtebow.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #410
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
It's essentially the same thing as saying that Jackie Robinson was probably just living out some kind of kinky sexual fantasy by joining the Dodgers... Just a good way of stripping any actual good or power from his actions and making it okay to keep on keepin on with his own hate. Which is really par for the course with txtebow.
Wrong again.Jackie Robinson didn't define his existence via his sexuality.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #411
manchambo
Ring of Famer

Quote:
so what we talk about why guys won't make it in the league all the time. We make fun of guys with too much bling and say his head won't be in it. So what if someone thinks the guy is soft, maybe came out as a stunt, and the fact he overdid his reaction is a warning sign. SO WHAT?

I'd really like someone to explain to me why what you just referenced is something that makes that poster not view Sam as a human being lol.

I mean seriously cmon because you make a joke or say that pillow biter won't make it in the NFL that means you think he isn't human lol? Or did I take that part wrong. I felt like you saying you view him as a human means that the poster you referenced doesn't?

The reason he won't make it,mid he doesn't, is well known. Under sized, slow and not terribly strong.

To suggest that he won't make it because he is emotionally weak, because being gay = weak, is completely different, and I don't believe it was even offered as a joke.

If you don't see why a word like "queer" is de-humanizing, its going to be very hard fornus to communicate. But my comment was intended more generally. When I saw those two people kissing I saw two young people who were very excited and happy. The reactions here have not been to the humans, but to the act, posters' own reactions and discomfort, and its political implications.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #412
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
And the really sad thing here is that you actually believe gay people do.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #413
manchambo
Ring of Famer

Quote:
How in any respect has Sam done that?
Old 05-11-2014, 11:48 AM   #414
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
well, I guess the media exposure is certainly doing it for him. He says he just wants to be known as a football player and not a the first openly gay football player. Ok then, can we all move on please?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #415
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Because he can't see past Sam's sexuality he assumes that Sam's existence can't possibly be anything beyond that.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #416
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
And that's the difference. I think saying things behind the safety of an online message board that you wouldn't say directly to someone's face is pretty much the definition of cowardice and hypocrisy. Sam putting his life and feelings out there in front of everyone to judge and discuss is much more just, brave and appropriate than hiding behind a user name and throwing around bigoted terms that are offensive to an entire group of people and then pretending like it's advancing some kind of discussion on the topic in your imaginary "marketplace of ideas" lol, is totally backwards and ****ed up. Just my opinion, the difference is that I'd be happy to say that to someone in real life.
It all just depends if you are joking with someone or not. If I used the term pillow biter with any gay person I know it would be in fun. In fact I get made fun of on by one gay drummer I know that my sax is a totally gay instrument. It's called a sax and I stick a long dick shapped like mouthpiece into my mouth to play it. So I have to blow my sacks!

So I'm not hiding. I would tell a gay joke in public using the term pillow biter. It would be a joke though and I wouldn't go down the street yelling it at gay people I don't know harrassing them. That would be so gay.

Fair enough though. I don't really know your posts so I can't say if you ever make fun of people on the board in a way you wouldn't in real life.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #417
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
It all just depends if you are joking with someone or not. If I used the term pillow biter with any gay person I know it would be in fun. In fact I get made fun of on by one gay drummer I know that my sax is a totally gay instrument. It's called a sax and I stick a long dick shapped like mouthpiece into my mouth to play it. So I have to blow my sacks!

So I'm not hiding. I would tell a gay joke in public using the term pillow biter. It would be a joke though and I wouldn't go down the street yelling it at gay people I don't know harrassing them. That would be so gay.

Fair enough though. I don't really know your posts so I can't say if you ever make fun of people on the board in a way you wouldn't in real life.
I definitely do. It's a symptom of being able to say things without repercussion, but I also don't think that makes it okay.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #418
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNutBaja

Okay so everyone says he's mediocre at best. My question is then what do the awards listed on his page mean? http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...ael-sam-1.html
And if his #s are mediocre, what would rate him as a good player? Is it normal for a SEC defensive player of the year to draft in the 7th round?

Awards and Honors
2013 SEC Defensive Player of the Year
Tackles for Loss
2013 NCAA 19 (9th)
2013 SEC 19 (1st)
Sacks
2013 NCAA 12 (8th)
2013 SEC 12 (1st)
Career SEC** 16 (23rd)
** Since 2005
Interception Return Yards
2010 Big 12 62 (10th)
Fumbles Forced
2013 SEC 2 (7th)
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:57 AM   #419
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

I can't speak for other posters but I make fun of everything. Also I think on a football forum its ok to express any reason you think a player will be good or not good. That includes being gay.

For the most part gay men won't make good football players. Bisexual ones though might be able to play offense and defense lol.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #420
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I can't speak for other posters but I make fun of everything. Also I think on a football forum its ok to express any reason you think a player will be good or not good. That includes being gay.

For the most part gay men won't make good football players. Bisexual ones though might be able to play offense and defense lol.
If you honestly think Michael Sam is the only gay player in the NFL, you're a fool
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #421
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
And the headline on DRUDGE REPORT (followed by a picture of that kiss):

Michael Sam: Is emotional kiss exactly what some NFL teams were afraid of?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Sports/...were-afraid-of

See here's the thing all of you "progressives" don't understand. That kiss was absolutely DIGUSTING. It turns my stomach. I'd rather masturbate with sand paper than KISS A GUY. And I'd be willing to wager that most men feel the same way I do (7 out of 10 minimum).So why is the media covering this with such enthusiasm? (Fat people shouldn't kiss in public either.)

But should Sam be discriminated against in terms of employment opportunities because I find his attraction to other men absolutely abhorrent? NO.

Anyhow, there's something about him in interviews and his reaction to getting Drafted that leads me to believe that he's not really that mentally tough. I bet he winds up on IR at some point this season if he plays even a single regular season down at all. It's one thing to be coddled by a bunch of college football coaches and progressives at a state university; it's quite another to be in the testosterone filled football lockeroom where no one is going to be there to tend to his delicate senses when the term for a "pile of sticks" is mentioned repeatedly...Is Goodell ready for the PC fallout?
The sad thing is you don't realize how much of an a-hole you sound like
Old 05-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #422
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Again, the Sam story is most likely a non story. It can be nipped I'm the bud during the first practice.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:05 PM   #423
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNutBaja

http://thebiglead.com/2014/02/10/mic...st-two-rounds/

So I know this got posted either in this thread or the other one quite some time ago, but I think it's actually interesting how rare it is for defensive player of the year to fall as far as Michael Sam did.

"Share this image:To get some sense of the range of outcomes for the “productive” players who won their major conference Defensive Player of the Year awards, I looked back at the last decade in the SEC, ACC, Big Ten, Big XII, and Pac-10/12. In the SEC, only one player who won the award was selected outside the top 33 picks in the draft–Chad Lavalais of LSU (who won the award in 2003) in the fifth round (pick #148 overall). When we look at all five conferences, here are the results (right).

Of the 54 players, almost three-fourths were selected in the first two rounds of the draft (74.1%). Only three players lasted past the sixth round–all undrafted, and all three were middle linebackers/leaders of defenses. One of those was Mark Herzlich, who dealt with cancer and made a valiant comeback after sitting out an entire season, after winning the award in 2008.....

Bovada has set an over/under on Michael Sam’s draft position at 125.5. If he goes over, that would put him in this company already. If he were to go undrafted, he would join a small list of players, and raise plenty of questions for the entire league."

I think the fact that he fell so far does raise questions. His stats and the rarity of a defensive player of the year falling so low in the draft implies his coming out did impact his draftability.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #424
uplink
Ring of Famer

I didn't see the cake part of the video, but I saw the rest. I thought it was touching when Sam got drafted and all the support he got. There will be a lot of jokes, part of it is due to the common joke banter between males regarding homosexuality. I'll be tempted to joke some too but it doesn't mean I don't respect the guy for what he has accomplished.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #425
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Because he can't see past Sam's sexuality he assumes that Sam's existence can't possibly be anything beyond that.
Riddle me this: If it wasn't for Sam's sexuality, would there be a thread dedicated to a 7th round pick of the Rams at Defensive End who had a 25" vertical?

His celebrity as a football player is due almost exclusively to him liking M-E-N.