The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2015, 01:32 PM   #1326
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
You know the top 10 list they always talk about on NFL Network.

If SBs were a measure of how good QBs are, then i guess Hotsteler, Willliams and Dilfer are as good as Peyton? And his brother is better? Are we in agreement on that?
Those BS lists that they need to fill the air with are the gospel huh? No super bowls aren't the only thing to measure a QB by but they carry a lot of weight. Especially when Rivers had some great teams and choked his chances away and Eli won 2x by winning on the road in tough environments. Who is better out of Rivers and Eli isn't even a discussion. ELI will be a HOF and Rivers will have to do a lot more to make it.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:35 PM   #1327
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
He also only played in half of another one. He took a 13 point deficit and was working to score at the end to win.

So. 1-1.

Good effort though.
I applaud your win here, but when he said that I just assumed he was either a troll, a mongo, or a chargers fan (troll+mongo) and therefore it needed no response.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:39 PM   #1328
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
He also has 2 SB wins against the Pats, plays in a harder division and conference. But yeah.... rivers is better than Eli....

*Must really sting getting curb stomped by Eli on draft day.
Harder division? In 2013 there was one team over .500 and it wasnt the giants. Last year there were two good teams. Their division hasnt been any better than ours.

The Cowboys havent been squat till last season. The Redskins have stunk for years now. The Giants are up and down and been down recently. They were 9-7 in 2012 , sucked since. The year they won the SB m they were 9-7, the only team over .500, and its no consolation but Eli has never beaten us.

Some to use some thought in this. Rivers is a better QB than Eli and most football people would agree.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:53 PM   #1329
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
He also only played in half of another one. He took a 13 point deficit and was working to score at the end to win.

So. 1-1.

Good effort though.
Your right he entered after Orton. He still didnt play that great, 4-10, 79 yards. Norv being conservative made it closer that it was. He didnt almost win that game. I mean a good effort. Tough to make up ground with a running QB when you need to pass.

So officially he is 1-1, my mistake. Still, his passing against us was awful. Well under 50% at around 43%. Never had a game over 50% against us and a QB is supposed to be able to pass in a passing league.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #1330
GameChanger
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Tenormen

Can't wait to read the excuses when he fails yet again
GameChanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #1331
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

I'm just glad that the Chargers drafted Eli and traded him for Rivers (and a kicker?), instead of keeping Brees and drafting Larry Fitzgerald. Superbowl difference there.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #1332
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Those BS lists that they need to fill the air with are the gospel huh? No super bowls aren't the only thing to measure a QB by but they carry a lot of weight. Especially when Rivers had some great teams and choked his chances away and Eli won 2x by winning on the road in tough environments. Who is better out of Rivers and Eli isn't even a discussion. ELI will be a HOF and Rivers will have to do a lot more to make it.
Well cmon, he played in the AFCCG with a torn ACL.

Eli is averaging 17.6 INTs a season and has a career QB rating of 82.4 Rivers is 95.7 , and Elis career completion % is under 60%. And i was wrong. Eli has thrown 63 more INTs than Rivers and Rivers has been sacked more while having worse OLs.

Eli isnt not that great but he does have those rings. Still doesnt make him a great QB but by some standards here, it makes him better than Peyton
Old 04-20-2015, 02:04 PM   #1333
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I'm just glad that the Chargers drafted Eli and traded him for Rivers (and a kicker?), instead of keeping Brees and drafting Larry Fitzgerald. Superbowl difference there.
Yeah because defense doesnt matter, ...you all should know that though.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:05 PM   #1334
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Some teams are just born munsons.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:08 PM   #1335
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Hey, i just came in here to wonder why there is such a big hype still here for Tebow and the first person to reply says he has as many playoff wins as Rivers the past 5 years. Well gee, there is no comparison between Tebow and Rivers? That wasnt the point.

Tebow hasnt had five years of NFL service because he cant catch on a roster is why im wondering why the big hype for him still in here. He's been gone 3 years. Just curious. Peyton loses a playoff game and you want to linch him.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:11 PM   #1336
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
Some teams are just born munsons.
Agree, and we havent won crap. No arguement, hopefully one day it will happen for us but im not bashing a current Bronco. Just wondering why you all care so much about a QB who sucked? I doubt he makes the Eagles team.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:12 PM   #1337
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Your right he entered after Orton. He still didnt play that great, 4-10, 79 yards. Norv being conservative made it closer that it was. He didnt almost win that game. I mean a good effort. Tough to make up ground with a running QB when you need to pass.

So officially he is 1-1, my mistake. Still, his passing against us was awful. Well under 50% at around 43%. Never had a game over 50% against us and a QB is supposed to be able to pass in a passing league.
You're also supposed to have more than 2 receivers 'in a passing league' We weren't running a passing offense.

Otherwise, this is just more sad completion percentage worship.

"David Garrard was better than Andrew Luck!"
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:16 PM   #1338
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Yeah because defense doesnt matter, ...you all should know that though.
You drafted defense instead of a 2nd QB?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:21 PM   #1339
GameChanger
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Tenormen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
You do realize that only 6% of the US population is atheist right? And it's about the same world-wide.

Nobody really cares about your beliefs.
Nobody cares about your beliefs even though Muslims are killing thousands each year
GameChanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:51 PM   #1340
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
They jettison their talent regularly. It's just what they do.
Every team does. Your team is doing that this year and perhaps next. Salary cap does that.

Im sure if Rivers was in NY, he would of won a couple SBs there. He is just better than Eli.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:39 PM   #1341
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Ok so this is pretty funny I have to admit...

crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:01 PM   #1342
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Combined compensation? 0

Teams lose talent... but nobody does it quite like you.
Brees had a torn labrum and we had Rivers waiting in the wings. Only two teams offered Brees a contract and Miamis was incentive laden. We got a 3rd round comp pick for him.

LT was well past his prime but i still hated to see him go jst because he was a great player but he wanted to keep playing.

Losing Sproles and V. Jackson hurt but VJ got over 15 il per season. We couldnt do it. We got com picks for them too.

Turner was good but he cant catch and Norv liked RBs who can catch so AJ let him walk. We got a 4th rd comp pick for him. All those calls were AJ Smith.

You cant pay everyone 30 to 50 million
Sorry you dont understand the salary cap.

Thats why you have lost Franklin, J. Thomas and Knighton and the others this year while paying a ton for Ware, Ward, Peyton, Sanders and Talib, the year before, to name a few.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-20-2015 at 04:05 PM..
Old 04-20-2015, 04:05 PM   #1343
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Brees had a torn labrum and we had Rivers waiting in the wings. Only two teams offered Brees a contract and Miamis was incentive laden. We got a 3rd round comp pick for him.

LT was well past his prime. Losing Sproles and V. Jackson hurt but VJ got over 15 il per season. We couldnt do it. We got com picks for them too.

Turner was good but he cant catch and Norv liked RBs who can catch so AJ let him walk. We got a 4th rd comp pick for him.

You cant pay everyone 30 to 50 million.

Thats why you have lost Franklin, J. Thomas and Knighton and the others this year while paying a ton for Ware, Ward, Peyton, Sanders and Talib, the year before, to name a few.
Trivia-
How many teams that have never won a SB in the history of the NFL have traded away 2 SB MVP's? Not 1 SB MVP, but 2 SB MVP's?
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:13 PM   #1344
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Trivia-
How many teams that have never won a SB in the history of the NFL have traded away 2 SB MVP's? Not 1 SB MVP, but 2 SB MVP's?
Your going to count Eli? . He was never a member of our team. He was drafted just to get the Giants to trade with us.
Getting a little nit picky arent we? Ive already acknowledged we havent won anything so whats the point of all this?

Every team loses top FA's, including you. Should Detroit be heckled for not paying Suh 114 million? High priced FA's come from someplace and you have signed a good portion of them recently. Good thing because Elway cant draft very well.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:06 PM   #1345
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Are people seriously saying Eli is better than Rivers? Look, I dislike Rivers and the Chargers but Rivers is the better QB and it's really not even all that close.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:10 PM   #1346
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
"I think we are gonna make a lot about nothing," Jaworksi said during an appearance on 97.5 FM The Fanatic's new local morning show with Anthony Gargano. "I think it will be very difficult for Tebow to make the roster."

"It's really a head scratcher to me," Jaworski said of the Eagles signing Tebow to a reported one-year deal. "We all know what he was able to do at the collegiate level. It really was spectacular. We all know the type of character person he is.

"But, with all that being said ... His game does not project to the National Football League game. The NFL is a passing league. It's a quick-twitch league. You must read defenses quickly, get rid of the football quickly, throw the football accurately and with velocity. He does not possess those attributes that project to the NFL."

"He's arguably the greatest college football quarterback to play the game, but that game does not project to being an NFL quarterback. There are four quarterbacks on the roster in Philadelphia. I just can't see him getting the reps that are even necessary to compete for a roster spot."
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...r_tim_teb.html
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:19 PM   #1347
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:

LT was well past his prime but i still hated to see him go jst because he was a great player but he wanted to keep playing.

Losing Sproles and V. Jackson hurt but VJ got over 15 il per season. We couldnt do it. We got com picks for them too.

Turner was good but he cant catch and Norv liked RBs who can catch so AJ let him walk. We got a 4th rd comp pick for him. All those calls were AJ Smith.

You cant pay everyone 30 to 50 million

I'll never understand why Shanahan didn't go after Brees. Oh yeah, he was a terrible GM...
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:34 PM   #1348
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shane MF Ray!

I wonder how many titles TFT will win.
Enter The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:39 PM   #1349
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
I wonder how many titles TFT will win.
I like Tebow, but come on. The dude hasn't even made the roster yet.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:41 PM   #1350
pricejj
lelo lang's baby daddy

Quote:
Means nothing. Tebow couldnt complete even 50% of his passes.
Playoff wins mean everything.

Tebow beat the Chargers the only game he started against them. Rivers only completed 50% of his passes. That game is what started the Broncos domination against your team.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote