The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2015, 09:09 AM   #226
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Jax is now set with Bortles, but Cleveland needs to upgrade their QB position just to get to dumpster fire level. And every year is a throwaway year for them....
but what about the dumpster fire at WR?

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:11 AM   #227
Bronco Yoda

I support Tebow DESPITE the religious aspect.

Tebow needs a coach & organization that is willing to understand, make concessions for 'the dyslexic athlete' to have any chance. There are definitely unique benefits and challenges.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:41 AM   #228
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
but what about the dumpster fire at WR?

Bowe (yeah, I know) Hartline and Hawkins are at least below average, but above the dumpster fire level. They have no one at TE though.

Good OL and good defense, add Tebow and a RB and you have the makings of at least a fun team to watch.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:48 AM   #229
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
I support Tebow DESPITE the religious aspect.

Tebow needs a coach & organization that is willing to understand, make concessions for 'the dyslexic athlete' to have any chance. There are definitely unique benefits and challenges.
So Tebow's religion still bothers people? Like I stated then and still believe, many people's hatred and rooting against him had more to do with his religious beliefs, despite most NFL players sharing his beliefs, and him being apart of that commercial against abortion. When he did that, most people who think differently decided he was worth rooting against and hoping for failure. That is how petty and shallow I see most of Tebow's detractors. Some can and could keep it about football, but others could and can not even to this day.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:49 AM   #230
PRBronco
Top professional.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe

Quote:
Bowe (yeah, I know) Hartline and Hawkins are at least below average, but above the dumpster fire level. They have no one at TE though.

Good OL and good defense, add Tebow and a RB and you have the makings of at least a fun team to watch.
Whoever their TEs are, I'm sure they're better than the ones Tim had to work with here...Dante Rosario and...can't remember the other guy. Pretty sure neither one ever played in the NFL again though.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:29 AM   #231
Jay3
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Brady Quinn has just posted a lengthy blog post about his perspective on Tim Tebow, and it's pretty balanced. I think he nails completely.

http://www.footballbyfootball.com/co...e-of-tim-tebow
Jay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:44 AM   #232
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Brady Quinn has just posted a lengthy blog post about his perspective on Tim Tebow, and it's pretty balanced. I think he nails completely.

Young QBs struggle to read NFL defenses? Holy cow Brady Quinn, I think you should have written Star Trek VI...
Old 03-20-2015, 12:13 PM   #233
Jay3
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Young QBs struggle to read NFL defenses? Holy cow Brady Quinn, I think you should have written Star Trek VI...
I think he was pretty fair about that. It's true. Quinn does a good job of linking the various problems, and how they all worked together.

I've always thought that Tebow's decision-making was corrupted by his inability to make quick, decisive, and accurate throws. He knows he doesn't have that game, and he mentally bypasses it and relies on his feet. That includes checking to a smoke route on a blitz -- because to follow through on that check you have to zip it quickly to the man or else get crushed. He'd rather juke around and try to find someone (or run). Which doesn't work in the long run.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:14 PM   #234
Jay3
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I was watching for this type of issue on every snap -- and I thought he had one of his best plays as a pro against Minnesota, where he put it all together. The read, the decision, and the throw. But there's no video of it.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:20 PM   #235
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
I was watching for this type of issue on every snap -- and I thought he had one of his best plays as a pro against Minnesota, where he put it all together. The read, the decision, and the throw. But there's no video of it.
His best play came in a game against a 3 win team with a bottom 5 defense.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:27 PM   #236
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
alfred e numan

so does this mean now mcgruber will be signing up on the eagles fan forum and making idiotic statements there ?
along with the other insane tebow fans .
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:31 PM   #237
PRBronco
Top professional.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe

Quote:

Huh, I was expecting more sour grapes.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:33 PM   #238
Jay3
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
His best play came in a game against a 3 win team with a bottom 5 defense.
Not a huge shocker that it would be that game. His passer rating was 149 and it was a step forward. But he made a great "smoke route" type of read and throw in that game. Something he didn't do often.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:40 PM   #239
bronco militia

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

I would say "Brady Quinn drops the hammer on Tebow without trashing him"
Old 03-20-2015, 12:44 PM   #240
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
I think he was pretty fair about that. It's true. Quinn does a good job of linking the various problems, and how they all worked together.

I've always thought that Tebow's decision-making was corrupted by his inability to make quick, decisive, and accurate throws. He knows he doesn't have that game, and he mentally bypasses it and relies on his feet. That includes checking to a smoke route on a blitz -- because to follow through on that check you have to zip it quickly to the man or else get crushed. He'd rather juke around and try to find someone (or run). Which doesn't work in the long run.
Yes, but a lot QBs are given time to adjust to the NFL game/speed and let the game slow down for them.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #241
bronco militia

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

Quote:
Yes, but a lot QBs are given time to adjust to the NFL game/speed and let the game slow down for them.
that's hilarious. Are you saying Tim never got a fair chance with Denver, New York, or New England?
Old 03-20-2015, 12:51 PM   #242
PRBronco
Top professional.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe

Quote:
that's hilarious. Are you saying Tim never got a fair chance with Denver, New York, or New England?
If he's not, I'll say it.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:52 PM   #243
Jay3
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm a supporter. I think he's been judged by a pretty strict yardstick.

Blaine Gabbert absolutely looks like a non-football player out there. His body language looks like Will Ferrell in a football helmet. His decision-making is atrocious. Yet he got a solid 3 years of intensive, first team work helping him spot things and make decisions. And he's still in the league.

That's just one example -- it's a tough position to play, and Brady Quinn also got bitten by the same high standards, but with a much longer slope.

But it just worked out that everywhere Tebow went, he was put in a position of "show me now." He had his chances, and if he had performed it would have worked (i.e. his teams wanted him to succeed). But it was more circumstance than anything. The firing of Josh McD and the presence of the ever-tempting (but heartbreaking) Orton was the greatest factor.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:54 PM   #244
PRBronco
Top professional.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm a supporter. I think he's been judged by a pretty strict yardstick.

Blaine Gabbert absolutely looks like a non-football player out there. His body language looks like Will Ferrell in a football helmet. His decision-making is atrocious. Yet he got a solid 3 years of intensive, first team work helping him spot things and make decisions. And he's still in the league.

That's just one example -- it's a tough position to play, and Brady Quinn also got bitten by the same high standards, but with a much longer slope.

But it just worked out that everywhere Tebow went, he was put in a position of "show me now." He had his chances, and if he had performed it would have worked (i.e. his teams wanted him to succeed). But it was more circumstance than anything. The firing of Josh McD and the presence of the ever-tempting (but heartbreaking) Orton was the greatest factor.
Idea for a new movie. Starring Kevin Hart as the unlikely football mentor.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:59 PM   #245
bronco militia

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
If he's not, I'll say it.
that's nuts. He went through 4 training camps, 3 teams and he didn't get a fair chance?

While he wasn't getting a chance, he was unable to adapt to the speed of the game in practice, in pre-season and in games.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:09 PM   #246
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
that's nuts. He went through 4 training camps, 3 teams and he didn't get a fair chance?

While he wasn't getting a chance, he was unable to adapt to the speed of the game in practice, in pre-season and in games.

When he was a rookie project not taking snaps with the #1s in 2010?

When there was a lockout and then Kyle Orton was named the starter after 1 day of training camp and thus took all the reps with the #1s in 2011?

When he was traded and had to learn a new system when there already was a "starter" in Mark Sanchez who took all the reps with the #1s in 2012?

When he was 3rd QB on a team that keeps 2 QBs and no reps with the #1s in 2013?

A real fair chance would have been being able to go through an entire off season with OTAs and then TC as the #1 guy, taking all the snaps with the #1s and then getting a full season as the starter.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:11 PM   #247
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:

I agree, I mean look at the expectations for him by some in this thread.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:14 PM   #248
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Not a huge shocker that it would be that game. His passer rating was 149 and it was a step forward. But he made a great "smoke route" type of read and throw in that game. Something he didn't do often.
I'm still of the opinion that his absence in the league has as much to do factors outside of his control (the following).

That said...when he crashed and burned in NE....that is really telling.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:44 PM   #249
Jay3
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
That said...when he crashed and burned in NE....that is really telling.
It would be, but that has happened to just about every quarterback I've followed at some point. Just atrocious games. They happen to QB's, especially young ones.

So it's a data point, but not more than one game. But it was the last game he ever started.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:46 PM   #250
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

New level of respect for BQ. Glad he wrote that.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote