The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2015, 02:02 PM   #101
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 3,115

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I agree but you cannot dispute the luck that was involved that year. I remember Denver losing 4
of 5 with a backdoor playoff appearance.
I remember Den with Cutler always being around 8-4 only to finish 8-8 and no playoff appearance. Who was b****ing about Cutler back then? Only the few that saw what a putrid attitude could do to the rest of the team. Kind of reminds me about a big headed pouter we have on the team.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:03 PM   #102
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,989

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
I remember Den with Cutler always being around 8-4 only to finish 8-8 and no playoff appearance. Who was b****ing about Cutler back then? Only the few that saw what a putrid attitude could do to the rest of the team. Kind of reminds me about a big headed pouter we have on the team.
Plus, complaining about a rough stretch takes on a different meaning when they're lumping 2 playoff games in there.

Every team but one ends their season out of the playoffs or 0-1.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:09 PM   #103
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 3,115

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
All true and he did have too many shortcomings to be an NFL QB thus the reason he is on the street. Fans being honest about it aren't trashing him. Like Harry Callahan said a Man needs to know his limitations.
He is out of the league because Franchises don't want to deal with Tim Tebow and his persona. Also because he has a certain fan base (Catholics and Christians) that are very outspoken in an age where is more important to be political correct than having a belief to do good in the name of God. Geno Smith is in the league, Weeden, Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, Gabbert... I could go on. He is out of the league because people don't want the Drama that comes with him, simple as that.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:13 PM   #104
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 34,713

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
He is out of the league because Franchises don't want to deal with Tim Tebow and his persona. Also because he has a certain fan base (Catholics and Christians) that are very outspoken in an age where is more important to be political correct than having a belief to do good in the name of God. Geno Smith is in the league, Weeden, Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, Gabbert... I could go on. He is out of the league because people don't want the Drama that comes with him, simple as that.
Just look at how the media is handling his possible comeback. Teams and coaches just don't want to deal with it for a backup.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:19 PM   #105
Targaryen
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Targaryen's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 813

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

His media distraction really is only useful if, say, one of your star tight ends committed serial murder during the off season.
Targaryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #106
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronkota View Post
House told us on Friday that he isnít sure if Tebow will be attending the combine, but ďhe went from being a little inaccurate and didnít throw a whole lot of spirals, to throwing very accurate and real good at spinning the ball.Ē

Sounds like he has the needed skills to be back in the NFL.
Like Peyton throws a lot of Spirals, lol.

I dont get the infactuation in here for Tebow. He sucks but i do hope you guys sign him in 2016.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:29 PM   #107
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,439
Default

I love me some Tim Tebow.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:30 PM   #108
BroncosfanGuy
Stoney Case for Heisman
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,072

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
All true and he did have too many shortcomings to be an NFL QB thus the reason he is on the street.
I wanted Denver to move on from Tebow after the 2011 season (even though I thought the 2011 season was a blast), but Tebow not being on a roster doesn't make sense if you are only basing it on his shortcomings as a QB.

Arizona is a far more competitive team last year with Tebow than with Lindley.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:31 PM   #109
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton
Posts: 7,128
Default

If he's so dedicated go to Canada or the arena league and prove it... but that's beneath him, right?
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #110
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I'm sure he was and he wasn't a great QB. He has a few playoff wins and it shows how silly the Teboners are for hanging on to the Tebow has one playoff win argument. TJ Yates has a playoff win from that year and the same amount of career playoff wins as Timmy.
Didn't Humphries also take Chargers to a SB?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #111
Jay3
Seasoned Veteran
 
Jay3's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
If he's so dedicated go to Canada or the arena league and prove it... but that's beneath him, right?
Neither of those leagues is conducive to his skill set (and shortcomings). I don't think he'd have success there.
Jay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:01 PM   #112
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncofanDK View Post

The outright Tebow haters like Errand .
Ummm, I don't hate Tebow......he sucks as a QB and I'm glad he's not on the Broncos, but I don't hate him.

I do admit pissing off clowns like you who gargle his balls was great entertainment, but reading your posts of how he exudes greatness is better than watching Seinfeld reruns
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:03 PM   #113
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Karma really bit them in the ass. Ironically, had the Broncos stuck with Orton, Luck might be the guy under center right now.
I'd agree with you, but that would make us both idiots
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:15 PM   #114
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 20,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
You would not believe what my Twitter feed is doing right now. I have never seen anything like this.
Is Timmy tickling your Twitter?
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:20 PM   #115
BroncosSR
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,580

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Offensive Line
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The lengths some of you idiots will go to give Tebow no credit is ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with holding the opinion that Tebow doesn't belong in the NFL and that everything in 2011 was kind of a fluke, but to simply not give him credit for any of it? That just shows that it's really not about football for you, but is personal for some reason.
Definitely add comprehension issues to the list of things you need to work on.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:22 PM   #116
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Plus, complaining about a rough stretch takes on a different meaning when they're lumping 2 playoff games in there.

Every team but one ends their season out of the playoffs or 0-1.
And yet when it comes to Manning you use it as a negative
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:32 PM   #117
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 16,798

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

He's by far the most polarizing player in a league of deadbeats, wife-beaters, and murderers.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:41 PM   #118
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
He's by far the most polarizing player in a league of deadbeats, wife-beaters, and murderers.
His high character and morals WAS a breath of fresh air....

I will never have the wealth to own an NFL team but if I did , I would get rid of any player who exhibited the behavior many think is ok in today's NFL, regardless of their on field production
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:44 PM   #119
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 3,115

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
And yet when it comes to Manning you use it as a negative
Manning is 18 years in.... Tebow was 1, and still got to the playoff and won his first playoff game. Something PM didn't do until his 4th year.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:51 PM   #120
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Manning is 18 years in.... Tebow was 1, and still got to the playoff and won his first playoff game. Something PM didn't do until his 4th year.
Elway didn't win a playoff game until he was in his 4th year too, so what's your point?

Beavis said every playoff team but one loses their final game ........So the odds are against a team being the one who doesn't
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:56 PM   #121
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 3,115

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Elway didn't win a playoff game until he was in his 4th year too, so what's your point?

Beavis said every playoff team but one loses their final game ........So the odds are against a team being the one who doesn't
Different era buddy, plus he went on to have one of the all time moments of NFL history with the Drive. PM won his playoff game because he went against a team with no DB (our own Broncos), plus we didn't ship out Tebow for for Elway. Remember, we did that with the excuse that we where here to win championships. PM would make sure of that happening 3 years into the 5 year contract. Or that was what most in the Mane said who where anti Tebow. Well now going into year 4.... and still at the same spot, and those who where pro PM signing are now content with a SB trashing.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:30 PM   #122
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Different era buddy, plus he went on to have one of the all time moments of NFL history with the Drive. PM won his playoff game because he went against a team with no DB (our own Broncos), plus we didn't ship out Tebow for for Elway. Remember, we did that with the excuse that we where here to win championships. PM would make sure of that happening 3 years into the 5 year contract. Or that was what most in the Mane said who where anti Tebow. Well now going into year 4.... and still at the same spot, and those who where pro PM signing are now content with a SB trashing.
What does the era have to do with the fact Elway didn't win a playoff game until his 4th year?

You discount Manning's playoff win saying his opponent had no DB's......but defend a guy who's playoff win saw his opponent without it's leading tackler (Clark) 2/3rds of it's DL

What does it matter who he was shipped out for?

And Manning did help Broncos make it to SB......yeah it sucks Broncos lost, but it happens, even to very good teams
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:42 PM   #123
Zealot
I miss Wade
 
Zealot's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Manning is 18 years in.... Tebow was 1, and still got to the playoff and won his first playoff game. Something PM didn't do until his 4th year.
So your point is you want a guy who is out of the league instead of one of the all time greats?
Zealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:46 PM   #124
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 3,115

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
What does the era have to do with the fact Elway didn't win a playoff game until his 4th year?

You discount Manning's playoff win saying his opponent had no DB's......but defend a guy who's playoff win saw his opponent without it's leading tackler (Clark) 2/3rds of it's DL

What does it matter who he was shipped out for?

And Manning did help Broncos make it to SB......yeah it sucks Broncos lost, but it happens, even to very good teams
Well... the best Offense in the history of the NFL putted up 8 points (in the 4th Q) against the #1 defense in NFL. Now, totally different teams, but the team with the most "incompetent" ball thrower ever hanged 30+ on the #1 D that year. Yeah totally different teams, but there is a thing called ball, huevas, cojones, juice.... whatever you may call it, Peyton doesn't have them, he doesn't reach his knees in that department.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:01 PM   #125
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 3,115

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
So your point is you want a guy who is out of the league instead of one of the all time greats?
I am not advocating to bring back Tebow, and we all know that will never happen. What I wanted was development and potential. Is it crazy to think a QB in his second year (with no 1sr team reps in training camp, A lockout offseason) managed to take a 4-12 team to the playoffs and win a game against the #1 D (yeah they where banged up, but who isn't by that time of the year?) and is still out of the league.

Everyone know he struggled with the pass, but when he came into the year everyone knew he was a developmental player. Being Tebow brought all the pressure on the Franchise(s). Is it out of this world to think Tebow could have sat behind PM and keep crafting his skills? The reason that didn't happen was because even John knew that if PM struggled that first year with Tebow as his backup, he would deal with the same media and fan pressure to start the backup.

What have we gotten by getting one of the Old Time Greats? We are practically at the same spot. The Trophy case still has 2 Lombardys. We hired a merc for what could have been. (Or we could have used that 20 mil per season on a formidable D with a great running game... ala SEA) We will never know, but "what if" Tebow gets a new start with philly and after going through development really is a better passer? "What if" his career ends up resembling that of Steve young? Would getting that Old Time Great be worth it?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...meback-attempt

*Yeah Bleacherreport... still not an Article. An interview by Tom House

Last edited by Heyneck; 03-17-2015 at 10:05 PM..
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Denver Broncos