The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2015, 07:24 AM   #76
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Trading your leading receiver mid season can't be waived off as a professional courtesy.
When a player wants to move on, the team has options: let him go (good will), make him stay and honor his contract (ill will). I fail to see the upside in option 2 because a player who is harboring ill will probably isn't working towards the best interests of the team.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:46 AM   #77
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
When a player wants to move on, the team has options: let him go (good will), make him stay and honor his contract (ill will). I fail to see the upside in option 2 because a player who is harboring ill will probably isn't working towards the best interests of the team.
So the Broncos should have traded Brandon Marshall mid-season then?
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:01 AM   #78
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Stan Humphries was also part of the reason they started 0-4.
I'm sure he was and he wasn't a great QB. He has a few playoff wins and it shows how silly the Teboners are for hanging on to the Tebow has one playoff win argument. TJ Yates has a playoff win from that year and the same amount of career playoff wins as Timmy.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:06 AM   #79
Jay3
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I'm sure he was and he wasn't a great QB. He has a few playoff wins and it shows how silly the Teboners are for hanging on to the Tebow has one playoff win argument. TJ Yates has a playoff win from that year and the same amount of career playoff wins as Timmy.
If somebody told me TJ Yates was terrible, that he couldn't throw a football, that he never should have stepped foot on the field, and that whatever he's done was luck -- I'd probably bring up his playoff win as cold, hard evidence that he could play the position at an NFL level.
Jay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:23 AM   #80
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
If somebody told me TJ Yates was terrible, that he couldn't throw a football, that he never should have stepped foot on the field, and that whatever he's done was luck -- I'd probably bring up his playoff win as cold, hard evidence that he could play the position at an NFL level.
Yet he played 3 seasons and is out of the league in a league that many teams need a QB. How do you dispute that?
Old 03-17-2015, 08:26 AM   #81
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
So now not only are you completely minimizing what he did, you're also holding the refs against Tim...?

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_19701174

^ that was a 14 pt swing...
For years I have enjoyed watching delusional people call tebow fans delusional.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:27 AM   #82
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
Pwned
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:31 AM   #83
BroncosSR
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Offensive Line

Quote:
So now not only are you completely minimizing what he did, you're also holding the refs against Tim...?

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_19701174

^ that was a 14 pt swing...
What did I minimize? Just because I'm not willing to give him all the credit, I'm minimizing what he did? Homer please. No one is trying to revoke your Tebow Taliban card so put it away.

Whether you can acknowledge it or not, he doesn't have enough talent to be in the NFL. If he did, he would be signed and playing. Plain and simple. People who murder other people play in the NFL because they have talent. Yet TT hasn't set foot on the field in almost 2 years.

Last edited by BroncosSR; 03-17-2015 at 11:44 AM..
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:33 AM   #84
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Brandon Marshall wanted out of here all throughout 2009. Even held out during camp. They still held onto him and played him all year.

No team trades their best position player for peanuts midseason unless they're packing it in.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:34 AM   #85
BroncosSR
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Offensive Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
For years I have enjoyed watching delusional people call tebow fans delusional.
For years I have enjoyed watching delusional people call delusional people call tebow fans delusional.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:54 AM   #86
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
If he announces that he wants to be traded and another team wants him, then why keep a malcontent?
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:10 AM   #87
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Timmy's one playoff win has him up there with the same quality of QB as he was. The Jay Fieldlers, Shaun King, Erik Kramers, TJ Yates, etc. The difference is they were able to make it long enough in their career to collect retirement.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2015, 09:38 AM   #88
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Brandon Marshall wanted out of here all throughout 2009. Even held out during camp. They still held onto him and played him all year.

No team trades their best position player for peanuts midseason unless they're packing it in.
No team buries their no 1 WR on the depth chart either.

On a side note, someone still thinks TJ Yates can play in the NFL? Why isn't he? Is he a christian too?
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:00 AM   #89
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

this pig has been poked this horse has been beat this dear has been trucked..... he's a nice kid but throwing footballs isn't in his cards.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:00 AM   #90
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

On a side note, someone still thinks TJ Yates can play in the NFL? Why isn't he? Is he a christian too?
Difference of the talent level for Houston that year and the talent level in Denver? One was a playoff caliber roster the other was almost the worst team in the NFL over the previous 1-2 years.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:26 AM   #91
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

He's still under contract, isn't he?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:53 AM   #92
Jay3
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He's still under contract, isn't he?
Yeah, he's still in the league. He's a #2 for Atlanta.

May change tomorrow, but he's an NFL quarterback.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:57 AM   #93
Jay3
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Yet he played 3 seasons and is out of the league in a league that many teams need a QB. How do you dispute that?
That he has mechanical issues that make his game not conducive to the NFL pro game. Byron Leftwich had a looping hitch, and it was ultimately his downfall.

There's no need to diminish his accomplishments, turn everything he did into luck, or deny the simple fact that he has some strong clutch, winning tendencies. There was greatness about him. Just needed to put some throwing with it.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:11 PM   #94
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That he has mechanical issues that make his game not conducive to the NFL pro game. Byron Leftwich had a looping hitch, and it was ultimately his downfall.

There's no need to diminish his accomplishments, turn everything he did into luck, or deny the simple fact that he has some strong clutch, winning tendencies. There was greatness about him. Just needed to put some throwing with it.
I agree but you cannot dispute the luck that was involved that year. I remember Denver losing 4
of 5 with a backdoor playoff appearance.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:21 PM   #95
RepentWalpurgis
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post
I don't dislike Timmy.

I dislike what he brings to the table with the Tebow Taliban. They are the most delusional group of people I've ever heard/met. I could care less if he puts his religious views in my face. It doesn't bother me. I believe in some stories too.

Plain and simple, the guy isn't an NFL quarterback. Don't even give me "he won a playoff game". No, HE didn't. That was a team win. That whole year where they backed in the playoffs at 8-8 was won by the team. If anything, DT should be given more credit for that victory than anyone else. They had blown a huge lead only to scrape by because of DT's speed.

Accurate and succinct.
RepentWalpurgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:30 PM   #96
ncjmirabile
Spiderman 3's Gwen

Defensive Line Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Depends on the situation.

I think you can argue the merit of moving on from a #1 WR if:

1. The #1 WR wants to move on
2. Your 1-4 (At 1-4 how much realistic hope do you harbor for making the playoffs)

3. You have young players in Tebow, Thomas, and Decker that you need to look at and see what they can do.

Long-term moving on from Lloyd to Demaryious Thomas has proven to be the correct decision.

You could even argue that Thomas passed Lloyd by as a better player given Thomas' production the last five games of the season and the playoffs.
ncjmirabile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:56 PM   #97
Punisher
Nothing stopping VJ

97,98,2015 Champs WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7

Please mods banned all Tebow threads please.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:06 PM   #98
Targaryen
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...meback-attempt

Q&A with Tom Brady's "QB guru" about Tebow, who has been working with him 3 days a week for the last year, if anyone is interested.

Quote:
What will coaches see if they give Tim Tebow a tryout?

They will see a more efficient passing motion, with more accuracy and more spin than they have ever seen before.

I can't see any reason why someone would not at least give him another chance. I'm not running the football world; I'm on the periphery. But for closure on everybody's end, it would be nice to see him get one more shot to make a ball club.

Why guess about it when all he needs is a chance to go play?
Targaryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:49 PM   #99
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The bottomline on Tim Tebow:

1. GREAT person
2. Worked his ass off as a Denver Bronco FOR THE FANS
3. Was VERY successful here... unbelievably so in the context of a young player

Any Bronco fan trash talking him has some serious insecurities they should look into addressing.
All true and he did have too many shortcomings to be an NFL QB thus the reason he is on the street. Fans being honest about it aren't trashing him. Like Harry Callahan said a Man needs to know his limitations.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:54 PM   #100
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post
I don't dislike Timmy.

I dislike what he brings to the table with the Tebow Taliban. They are the most delusional group of people I've ever heard/met. I could care less if he puts his religious views in my face. It doesn't bother me. I believe in some stories too.

Plain and simple, the guy isn't an NFL quarterback. Don't even give me "he won a playoff game". No, HE didn't. That was a team win. That whole year where they backed in the playoffs at 8-8 was won by the team. If anything, DT should be given more credit for that victory than anyone else. They had blown a huge lead only to scrape by because of DT's speed.
The lengths some of you idiots will go to give Tebow no credit is ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with holding the opinion that Tebow doesn't belong in the NFL and that everything in 2011 was kind of a fluke, but to simply not give him credit for any of it? That just shows that it's really not about football for you, but is personal for some reason.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote