The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2018, 03:02 PM   #426
BroncosfanGuy
Stoney Case for Heisman
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,072

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Henderson had a chance to help eventually, a 3rd QB or 6th ****ing ILB dont.
.
yeah. i disagree. but again, who cares? there are several De'Angelo Henderson type RBs floating around the league. perhaps if he played STs he could have taken one of those depth ILBs (which btw, have probably a better chance of cracking the Denver lineup given they too are young talents with only a Todd Davis and Brandon Marshall contract in front of them).

the Henderson outrage is a curious one imo
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:04 PM   #427
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 54,740

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
yeah. i disagree. but again, who cares? there are several De'Angelo Henderson type RBs floating around the league. perhaps if he played STs he could have taken one of those depth ILBs (which btw, have probably a better chance of cracking the Denver lineup given they too are young talents with only a Todd Davis and Brandon Marshall contract in front of them).

the Henderson outrage is a curious one imo
People like to be outraged and angry at things on the internet.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #428
lolcopter
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 765
Default

Is Henderson better than Freeman between the tackles? No
Is Henderson better at pass protection or receiving out of the backfield than Booker or Lindsay? No
Is Henderson better at special teams than Lindsay or any of the ILBs? No
Can Henderson run scout team, help the QB room prepare, and function as an emergency starter at QB? No

Did Henderson have one great play in preseason a year ago? YES PRO BOWLER ELWAY AND VANCE JOSEPH ARE TERRIBLE AT FOOTBALL THIS TEAM WILL REGRET THIS DECISION FOR YEARS TO COME
lolcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:13 PM   #429
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 34,686

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
yeah. i disagree. but again, who cares? there are several De'Angelo Henderson type RBs floating around the league. perhaps if he played STs he could have taken one of those depth ILBs (which btw, have probably a better chance of cracking the Denver lineup given they too are young talents with only a Todd Davis and Brandon Marshall contract in front of them).

the Henderson outrage is a curious one imo
The "Henderson outrage" is actually more about Booker, at least for me. Lance Ball 2.0 needs to



PS. Three backs on the roster is also stupid.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:30 PM   #430
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 19,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Is Henderson better than Freeman between the tackles? No
Is Henderson better at pass protection or receiving out of the backfield than Booker or Lindsay? No
Is Henderson better at special teams than Lindsay or any of the ILBs? No
Can Henderson run scout team, help the QB room prepare, and function as an emergency starter at QB? No

Did Henderson have one great play in preseason a year ago? YES PRO BOWLER ELWAY AND VANCE JOSEPH ARE TERRIBLE AT FOOTBALL THIS TEAM WILL REGRET THIS DECISION FOR YEARS TO COME
It's more about 3 RB's, and Booker over him thats the issue.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:47 PM   #431
Action
*************************
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 10,761

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Is Henderson better than Freeman between the tackles? No
Is Henderson better at pass protection or receiving out of the backfield than Booker or Lindsay? No
Is Henderson better at special teams than Lindsay or any of the ILBs? No
Can Henderson run scout team, help the QB room prepare, and function as an emergency starter at QB? No

Did Henderson have one great play in preseason a year ago? YES PRO BOWLER ELWAY AND VANCE JOSEPH ARE TERRIBLE AT FOOTBALL THIS TEAM WILL REGRET THIS DECISION FOR YEARS TO COME
RB injuries are real.

Eagles ended up trading for Ajayi last year and Patriots generally keep 4 RBs.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:52 PM   #432
MamaMia
Ring of Famer
 
MamaMia's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,459

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

We have no idea what kind of a locker room guy Henderson was. We dont know if he was a worker or not. If he was a guy that we didnt want influencing others, he was absolutly not talented to overcome that. Who knows.
MamaMia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:53 PM   #433
Powderaddict
Couches - not even once!
 
Powderaddict's Avatar
 
Treasonous Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Granada Nicaragua
Posts: 6,045

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
RB injuries are real.

Eagles ended up trading for Ajayi last year and Patriots generally keep 4 RBs.
And bottom of the roster RBs are a dime a dozen.

If injuries pile up, and Henderson is no longer available, another RB will be.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:54 PM   #434
lolcopter
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
RB injuries are real.

Eagles ended up trading for Ajayi last year and Patriots generally keep 4 RBs.
so are QB injuries, or did you learn nothing from last season
lolcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:00 PM   #435
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
RB injuries are real.

Eagles ended up trading for Ajayi last year and Patriots generally keep 4 RBs.
How many FB did they carry?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 03:35 PM   #436
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer
 
GoneFishin''s Avatar
 
Longtime listener first time caller

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 7,612

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:00 PM   #437
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Should I pick up Sloter and Henderson for my fantasy team?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:59 PM   #438
Powderaddict
Couches - not even once!
 
Powderaddict's Avatar
 
Treasonous Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Granada Nicaragua
Posts: 6,045

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Should I pick up Sloter and Henderson for my fantasy team?
What kind of loser Podunk league are you in where one of them, let alone both, is available?
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:44 PM   #439
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 14,612

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Should I pick up Sloter and Henderson for my fantasy team?
If youíre tanking, absolutely!
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:43 AM   #440
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 27,377

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The "Henderson outrage" is actually more about Booker, at least for me. Lance Ball 2.0 needs to



PS. Three backs on the roster is also stupid.
This, for me itís about keeping Booker instead of Henderson
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:12 PM   #441
orange crusher
Predominately Orange
 
orange crusher's Avatar
 
Mile High No Fly

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 3,737

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat
Default

Looks like Dave Williams is headed to Jacksonville.
orange crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:26 PM   #442
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer
 
GoneFishin''s Avatar
 
Longtime listener first time caller

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 7,612

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Was featured on Hard Knocks last year and was cut. Chose to go to the Niners practice squad over the Bucs practice squad.

GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:51 PM   #443
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
Was featured on Hard Knocks last year and was cut. Chose to go to the Niners practice squad over the Bucs practice squad.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...ols?id=2557977

NFL Comparison - Devontae Booker


Maybe John is preparing to jettison that POS!?!?
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:41 PM   #444
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...ols?id=2557977

NFL Comparison - Devontae Booker


Maybe John is preparing to jettison that POS!?!?
Not gonna happen. Kubiak and Elway liked him and drafted him. Vance likes him too.

It's a weird sickness.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:11 PM   #445
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,275

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Dave Williams was a 6'1 truck. McNichols is 5'9.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:36 PM   #446
uplink
Ring of Famer
 
uplink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,450
Default

The broncos running back coach was the 49ers O coordinator last year so had experience with McNichols.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Denver Broncos