The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 05:41 AM   #1326
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I've resisted a long time but ... LeBron is better than michael jordan</p>&mdash; Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1000347567111266304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 26, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/KingJames?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KingJames</a> is simply the GOAT ! End of story / sorry Michael</p>&mdash; Dick Vitale (@DickieV) <a href="https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/1000208603717033985?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 26, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I was always like, &quot;No way LeBron's better than Michael. No. Way. In. Hell.&quot; Eh, way in hell. He's on the verge of carrying my high school junior varsity to the NBA Finals. I've never seen anything like this <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/newgoat?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#newgoat </a></p>&mdash; Jeff Pearlman (@jeffpearlman) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeffpearlman/status/1000252091498053632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 26, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Who's the best player LeBron James has faced in the Eastern Conference Playoffs this year?</p>&mdash; Bruce Blitz (@BruceBlitz) <a href="https://twitter.com/BruceBlitz/status/1000318030600130560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 26, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 05-26-2018, 06:03 AM   #1327
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
We have an important game coming up. Thatís when he ****s his diaper. Wait to see how he does in game 7 when the pressure is on. Expect some awesome late turnovers and if Korver or love donít bail him out battier and Allen style expect another big game loss.

Of course you ESPN cultists will say it was a bad team and ignore the pants ****ting.
How is there any difference in pressure between being down 3-2 and tied 3-3? Both games are win or go home situations.

Oh, and he is on a bad team. Take the best player off each of the 4 remaining teams and the remaining Cavs team is by far the worst, and it isn't even close.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:43 AM   #1328
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
How is there any difference in pressure between being down 3-2 and tied 3-3? Both games are win or go home situations.

Oh, and he is on a bad team. Take the best player off each of the 4 remaining teams and the remaining Cavs team is by far the worst, and it isn't even close.
Game 7 closeouts are hard for chokers: see curry in the finals he gave away to Lebron. If you donít think game 7ís have more pressure than game 6ís you really are kind of dumb.

Which would make sense considering you have Lebron top 5
Old 05-26-2018, 06:50 AM   #1329
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Game 7 closeouts are hard for chokers: see curry in the finals he gave away to Lebron. If you donít think game 7ís have more pressure than game 6ís you really are kind of dumb.
Both were win or go home for the Cavs. Really not much, if any, difference. The biggest difference in this game will be that it's in Boston and not Cleveland.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:53 AM   #1330
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Both were win or go home for the Cavs. Really not much, if any, difference. The biggest difference in this game will be that it's in Boston and not Cleveland.
If Lebron wins this year and doesnít choke Iíll say top ten. Deal?
Old 05-26-2018, 07:00 AM   #1331
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

Quote:
We have an important game coming up. Thatís when he ****s his diaper. Wait to see how he does in game 7 when the pressure is on. Expect some awesome late turnovers and if Korver or love donít bail him out battier and Allen style expect another big game loss.

Of course you ESPN cultists will say it was a bad team and ignore the pants ****ting.
This team is pretty bad, they wouldnt win 10-15 games without LeBron.

LeBron getting this team to the Finals would be pretty legendary, i think Boston wins Game 7 because they're the better team though.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:01 AM   #1332
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

Quote:
I agree 100%. If anyone has him in the top 5 of all Time you know they are either 35 and younger, and easily manipulated .
Just out of curiousity, i know you're trolling but what is your top 5 all time.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:28 AM   #1333
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

Without a career derailment. Lebron will surpass Jordan. Longevity is relevant.

You know what I never understand about all these ďcareer leaderĒ stats. Why would playoffs not count? Football and basketball. If Iím voting hall of fame, career yards including playoffs is a bigger factor for me than career yards.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:33 AM   #1334
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Which would make sense considering you have Lebron top 5
Lebrons kinda been at his best in game 7s though. When this point was brought up, you said ďlegends donít get to game 7Ē 😂
Old 05-26-2018, 07:36 AM   #1335
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I still think the lebron/Jordan argument is dumb. They are both pretty amazing. I do have one question though: why are Jordan’s Wizards years never included? Those were teams as bad as lebrons current (and some of his early cavs teams)and he couldn’t get them to the playoffs
Old 05-26-2018, 08:23 AM   #1336
Broncoandrew
Ring of Famer

In hoc signo vinces

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keenum (I hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I still think the lebron/Jordan argument is dumb. They are both pretty amazing. I do have one question though: why are Jordanís Wizards years never included? Those were teams as bad as lebrons current (and some of his early cavs teams)and he couldnít get them to the playoffs
Because Jordan was 35 then? And sports medicine has come along way in 20 year?
Old 05-26-2018, 10:15 AM   #1337
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Houston winning and getting Paul banged up in game 5 is perfect for NBA. Feels like he will play but not very well next two games and NBA gets their game 7 for revenue.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:16 AM   #1338
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
Lebrons kinda been at his best in game 7s though. When this point was brought up, you said ďlegends donít get to game 7Ē 😂
They donít but itís top ten so itís acceptable
Old 05-26-2018, 11:02 AM   #1339
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoandrew View Post
Because Jordan was 35 then? And sports medicine has come along way in 20 year?
I was trying to troll the troll. Though he was pretty good for a 38 year old. I really do wonder what Jordanís career looks like without always playing with a prime pippen
Old 05-26-2018, 11:04 AM   #1340
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Houston winning and getting Paul banged up in game 5 is perfect for NBA. Feels like he will play but not very well next two games and NBA gets their game 7 for revenue.
Itís been such a crappy playoffs. But good to see the past two close WCF games. And Jamesís game last night was pretty epic. I still think the warriors make it, think bos/cle is a complete toss up.

***. Just got the update that Love is out for game 7. Cavs have to rely on George hill, jr Smith, Jeff green and a 37 year old Kyle Korver. Think about that

Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 05-26-2018 at 11:10 AM..
Old 05-26-2018, 11:26 AM   #1341
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I was trying to troll the troll. Though he was pretty good for a 38 year old. I really do wonder what Jordanís career looks like without always playing with a prime pippen
I wonder what Bron's career would look like if he didn't do the decision. He is about to jump again I believe.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:29 AM   #1342
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I wonder what Bron's career would look like if he didn't do the decision. He is about to jump again I believe.
How can you blame him though? All the media and fans b**** about is legacy and how winning correlates to that. Guys like Jordan, bird, and Magic were given those players and lebron had to seek it. Itís still a team game. Last night was cheat code lebron and he still needed good games outta green and hill to get the win. Thatís just the reality of basketball. Itís not tennis
Old 05-26-2018, 12:15 PM   #1343
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

Quote:
Going to a better team isnt jumping, not his fault he's surrounded by bad teammates.

If he had great teams his whole career, he'd be in Cleveland since he was 18 but that didnt happen.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:56 PM   #1344
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Going to a better team isnt jumping, not his fault he's surrounded by bad teammates.

If he had great teams his whole career, he'd be in Cleveland since he was 18 but that didnt happen.

Sometimes the Star makes the other players better. Sometimes they donít.

Durant for example doesnít make Thompson and Green better IMO. ISO is killing the warriors. Just standing around doesnít help them get into their rhythms.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:03 PM   #1345
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Durant for example doesnít make Thompson and Green better IMO. ISO is killing the warriors. Just standing around doesnít help them get into their rhythms.
Yeah, but the players still have to be good. A player can only do so much

I also donít buy the ďlebron doesnít make guys betterĒ thing. Patrick Ewing was that way. When he got hurt, you remembered Allen Houston (etc) were good. Lebron didnít hold back kyrie. He didnít hold back D-wade

Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 05-26-2018 at 01:05 PM..
Old 05-26-2018, 01:08 PM   #1346
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
How can you blame him though? All the media and fans b**** about is legacy and how winning correlates to that. Guys like Jordan, bird, and Magic were given those players and lebron had to seek it. Itís still a team game. Last night was cheat code lebron and he still needed good games outta green and hill to get the win. Thatís just the reality of basketball. Itís not tennis
Regardless Jordan didn't go out and seek the best players in the league so he could win. The guys you listed stuck it out with their teams and had no desire to play with each other but rather compete against each other. Lebron's finals record isn't that great considering how he has cherry picked his teams. He will probably add another loss this year.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:11 PM   #1347
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

Quote:
Regardless Jordan didn't go out and seek the best players in the league so he could win. The guys you listed stuck it out with their teams and had no desire to play with each other but rather compete against each other. Lebron's finals record isn't that great considering how he has cherry picked his teams. He will probably add another loss this year.
Cant say i blame LeBron for leaving the first time, when LeBron left, those Cavs teams were all-time bad.

And Wade had one peak/elite year, the rest he was good not great. And Kyrie was his best teammate since he returned and hes not exactly a top 3 player.

And there's no evidence he hand-picked his teammates. I'm pretty sure he didnt pick to play with this current roster.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:12 PM   #1348
BroncosfanGuy
Stoney Case for Heisman

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post

That's actually the textbook definition of jumping ship
Old 05-26-2018, 01:13 PM   #1349
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

The Warriors before KD came were so fun to watch, they still are at times, but KD going iso ruined Curry's game. Curry still has some good games but he doesnt have the freedom he used to on offense.

Rockets defense switching everything has hurt GS as well, but KD's iso is also a big reason for their struggles for what you said.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:14 PM   #1350
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
That's actually the textbook definition of jumping ship
Technically it might be, but i cant blame him if he does, for leaving one of the worst teams in basketball.

A player of LeBron's caliber deserves to play on a better team than he has been on in the past.
Closed Thread