The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #17001
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
I might take a shot at Nelson or Johnson and Fairley on one year deals.....

Broncos have only three Ss on the roster.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #17002
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post
He is and then some. Having his disciplinary powers taken has been the best news that has come out the past week.
Company line, company bullshyt.....
Old 03-21-2016, 01:57 PM   #17003
BlueRacer
Greatest Dynasty Ever

The G.O.A.T.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Company line, company bullshyt.....
So you feel Goodell has done a bang job with disciplinary issues the last 3 seasons?
BlueRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:16 PM   #17004
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So you feel Goodell has done a bang job with disciplinary issues the last 3 seasons?
You have issues with reading comprehension, don't you?
Old 03-21-2016, 02:34 PM   #17005
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Im no pats fan, and i think they get away with a lot of shady ****, but you cant really punish someone without real proof and the deflate gate "proof" is flimsy at best. I think there's something there, but honestly the punishment doesnt even fit the crime. I dont think deflated balls really have any effect.
Horrible post. We got nailed for deferring salary payment to Elway and Davis and lost I believe a 3rd rounder. That had no effect on wins and losses but it broke rules. Brady actually deflated balls to give a game advantage so losing a draft pick higher than a 3rd is very in line with the penalty. Destroying some of the biggest evidence fits in with Brady being suspended. If anything, first round is light if Brady gets off.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:39 PM   #17006
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Lots of those guys can and will still play.

Some of them are most likely told to wait until after the draft to get a better contract - or even during TC.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:43 PM   #17007
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Horrible post. We got nailed for deferring salary payment to Elway and Davis and lost I believe a 3rd rounder. That had no effect on wins and losses but it broke rules. Brady actually deflated balls to give a game advantage so losing a draft pick higher than a 3rd is very in line with the penalty. Destroying some of the biggest evidence fits in with Brady being suspended. If anything, first round is light if Brady gets off.
If thats what's decided then I agree... and I think there's definitely something up, but from what I gather, the Wells report didn't shed light on much.

But i stand by that I think deflating balls isn't a big deal. I think this suspension/fine has lots more to do with their history... and fair enough on that.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:44 PM   #17008
BlueRacer
Greatest Dynasty Ever

The G.O.A.T.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Only on planet Denver is messing with cap < unproven air pressure in a football. Not to mention Denver admitted to the violation which happened not once but twice and the Pats were victims of one shoddiest "investigations" in the history of pro sports filled with lies, lies and more lies .... but whatever floats your boat.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:02 PM   #17009
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Only on planet Denver is messing with cap < unproven air pressure in a football. Not to mention Denver admitted to the violation which happened not once but twice and the Pats were victims of one shoddiest "investigations" in the history of pro sports filled with lies, lies and more lies .... but whatever floats your boat.
But messing with the cap didnt give us a competitive advantage, so don't be disingenious about it.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:03 PM   #17010
Broncoandrew
Ring of Famer

In hoc signo vinces

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keenum (I hope)

Quote:
That's because on planet Denver we are smart enough to read. Elway took a deferment on payment that had nothing to do with the cap. His cap hit was the same, it did not free up any money for more players and therefore did not confer competitive advantage the team simply wanted to keep a little more liquidity during a stadium rebuild.
Broncoandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:05 PM   #17011
Broncoandrew
Ring of Famer

In hoc signo vinces

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keenum (I hope)

Quote:
But messing with the cap didnt give us a competitive advantage, so don't be disingenious about it.
Denver didn't mess with the cap, they deferred Elway's payment, which isn't allowed, and nobody realized. They didn't add any more room to their cap allowance. In other words, it wasn't the cap they got into trouble for, it was writing an IOU
Old 03-21-2016, 03:06 PM   #17012
BlueRacer
Greatest Dynasty Ever

The G.O.A.T.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Oh stop. How hypocritical can you be? If there was no advantage then there would have been no third round pick. Isn't that why you tell Pats fans?? So while you can belly ache that you do not believe there was an advantage, the league obviously did. And this really makes you no different than Pats fans except we were royally screwed TWICE by a commissioner who is an absolute boob. Once for camera location and then a made up violation on AIR BALL pressure as some type of make up call because the boob commish destroyed the tapes.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:10 PM   #17013
Broncoandrew
Ring of Famer

In hoc signo vinces

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keenum (I hope)

Quote:
Oh stop. How hypocritical can you be? If there was no advantage then there would have been no third round pick. Isn't that why you tell Pats fans?? So while you can belly ache that you do not believe there was an advantage, the league obviously did. And this really makes you no different than Pats fans except we were royally screwed TWICE by a commissioner who is an absolute boob. Once for camera location and then a made up violation on AIR BALL pressure as some type of make up call because the boob commish destroyed the tapes.
The third round pick was for writing an IOU which was against the CBA. It was a rules infraction, but not one that gained a competitive edge. You're making yourself look stupid by not understanding this.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:11 PM   #17014
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I was the one defending deflategate, you supreme a-hole. I said the punishment didn't fit the crime.

And read up on the Broncos huge salary cap infraction. You'll see its not the biggest deal in the world.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:22 PM   #17015
BlueRacer
Greatest Dynasty Ever

The G.O.A.T.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I was the one defending deflategate, you supreme a-hole. I said the punishment didn't fit the crime.

And read up on the Broncos huge salary cap infraction. You'll see its not the biggest deal in the world.
I have not read through the jist of this thread so my apologies for previous posts of yours.

I don't disagree about Denver getting unfairly punished but it was a real infraction that was admitted too under a different and more reasonable commish. GoodHell has been a joke a half and not just related to Pats stuff.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:42 PM   #17016
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Patriots fans will argue ad nauseum about the minutiae of how their actual cheating of filming and deflating footballs had little direct consequence of the game, yet hysterically they are totally uninterested in hearing the details of the cap penalty issue on the Broncos. Suddenly they turn to the same arguments that they've railed against as overly-simplistic.

The money saved was used for the stadium. That alone should put this to bed. The reason it came to a head at all was Al Davis, who was pissed off he didn't get a new stadium too. Incidentally they still don't have one.

But to entertain the argument the pick being docked speaks to competitive advantage, the third round pick that Denver lost was added back as a compensatory pick that same year - this despite Denver not losing major free agents the year before. The Rocky Mountain News ran an article about how the league was hiding behind the "formula" for comp picks, and Al Davis knew it and again threw a fit seeing what happened. The league basically told greasy Al to go **** himself about it. The bottom line is the money was deferred for a stadium. Denver had their draft pick lowered about 13 spots, and since almost everyone will tell you Mile High was harder to play in than the new stadium, Denver lost competitive advantage with the Stadium.

But Patriots fans will keep their fingers in the ears and screaming "LALALALA! DON'T CARE! BRONCOS CHEATED LALALALALA!"

It doesn't matter. Only Patriots and Chief fans care. Two of the most insecure fanbases in the NFL.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:49 PM   #17017
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

You cant be this dumb, seriously?
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:06 PM   #17018
NoFlyZone
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Fun fact: we won the Super Bowl and still have a higher draft pick than the patriots. Hehe
NoFlyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:07 PM   #17019
BlueRacer
Greatest Dynasty Ever

The G.O.A.T.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZone View Post
Fun fact: we won the Super Bowl and still have a higher draft pick than the patriots. Hehe
And your QB is Butt Fumble.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:14 PM   #17020
NoFlyZone
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I would rather have Tim freaking tebow as my qb than have my draft picks taken for the 2nd time in less than a decade because of religious cheating.

PS: reigning champs b****
NoFlyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:35 PM   #17021
Broncoandrew
Ring of Famer

In hoc signo vinces

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keenum (I hope)

Quote:
Yes we have Butt Fumble... and a First Round pick!
Old 03-21-2016, 04:54 PM   #17022
BlueRacer
Greatest Dynasty Ever

The G.O.A.T.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoandrew View Post
Yes we have Butt Fumble... and a First Round pick!
I will take the GOAT QB and two seconds over Butt Fumble and three number ones. But to each his own ...
Old 03-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #17023
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
I will take the GOAT QB and two seconds over Butt Fumble and three number ones. But to each his own ...
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #17024
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

a 39 yr old QB, and no pick until the 60's.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:21 PM   #17025
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
1- Butt Fumble beat Brady in the playoffs.

2- We went 2-0 with just as bad QB play vs the "GOAT" this past year.

LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote