The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2018, 11:09 PM   #226
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
If you havenít done so already, watch Fitzpatrick in the Clemson semi-final. This kid has All-pro written all over him. Definitely not a pressing need on the Broncos right now, but will probably be BPA at #5.
I saw the 2nd half of that game. He was a beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
This draft looks deep in OT's. Looks feasible to go Minkah/Roquan in round 1. Then trade up for McGlinchey. Nfldraftscout only has him ranked #34.
It's deep but not top heavy and everyone needs development.

Quote:
Either that, or draft Connor Williams LT @ #5, and see who falls to #40. Looks like Will Hernandez will be gone, not sure of any ILB's worth the pick. So most likely an RB at #40, maybe Michel.
Connor Williams...at #5....he's coming off a MCL and PCL injury, his medicals likely won't check out to get him anywhere near the top 20.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:29 PM   #227
maven
#happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Connor Williams...at #5....he's coming off a MCL and PCL injury, his medicals likely won't check out to get him anywhere near the top 20.
There's no top 5 LT in this draft

Denver Broncos should definitely look elsewhere

Really need to see how FA shakes out and if Cousins is coming to town
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:51 AM   #228
pricejj
jungle

Quote:

Just watched Roquan vs. Alabama. Not impressed. If he plays better, Georgia wins that game. Happy feet, and often guesses wrong. Not close to a guy like Urlacher coming out. Not sure if he can even be better than Shazier. In my opinion, I don't think he's an All Pro.

I think Minkah will be gone #3 to Colts, so even though Connor Williams was injured, he may be one of the only guys who could potentially be an All Pro in this draft.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:59 AM   #229
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Just watched Roquan vs. Alabama. Not impressed. If he plays better, Georgia wins that game. Happy feet, and often guesses wrong. Not close to a guy like Urlacher coming out. Not sure if he can even be better than Shazier. In my opinion, I don't think he's an All Pro.

I think Minkah will be gone #3 to Colts, so even though Connor Williams was injured, he may be one of the only guys who could potentially be an All Pro in this draft.
Mike McGlinchey looks to be a solid pro not sure about All Pro though. Two time team captain at ND. 3 year starter. Highly intelligent. A leader. He's the kind of guy we need on our o-line...but at #5 is probably a stretch. Orlando Brown, physically, looks like he could develop into an All Pro at some point. Dude's a beast.
GoneFishin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #230
pricejj
jungle

In a hypothetical restructure for DT, at 2 years $22M:

1. Keeping current structure and payout with fully guaranteed 2018, cap hit would be $10.6M.
2. 2019 cap hit would be $14.5M (with $7M dead money).

That's right about what I would expect in a DT restructure, with Broncos taking $4.4M off current contract.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #231
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:

Considering Shazier and Roquan don't play the same collegiate positions...
Not sure how you can view the Bama game and come away not impressed with Roquan.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:49 AM   #232
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Price doesn't want Roquan Smith, but is advocating using the #5 selection on an OT from Texas who missed most of the year, and when he played, sucked.

"We need the #5 pick to be an All-Pro."

*advocates using said pick on a guy who barely played in 2017*

Genius.
70 - Rasul Douglas, CB - West Virginia
100 - Jaleel Johnson, DL - Iowa
124 - Blair Brown, ILB - Ohio
214 - Marquel Lee, ILB - Wake Forest
236 - Chuck Clark, DB - Virginia Tech
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:55 AM   #233
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Price doesn't want Roquan Smith, but is advocating using the #5 selection on an OT from Texas who missed most of the year, and when he played, sucked.

Genius.
I've heard talk he could slip to the 3rd round and that some think he should play Guard. Then I'll see him mocked Top 10. He's all over the place.
GoneFishin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:09 AM   #234
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:

Genius.
It's price, he's does this every year. I've gotten used to it by now.
Did you forget the Austin Johnson is not a NT phase?
Old 01-16-2018, 11:35 AM   #235
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Considering Shazier and Roquan don't play the same collegiate positions...
Not sure how you can view the Bama game and come away not impressed with Roquan.
They're both half-field LB's in the NFL. And it's not about position, it's about instincts. Alabama picked up several key first downs running directly at Roquan Smith. Not what I expected when viewing a potential 1st round pick.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:58 AM   #236
pricejj
jungle

Quote:

Genius.
It's funny how little regard you have for the top rated LT in this class who was a consensus All-American in 2016, as a 19 year old. Only giving up 4 QB pressures all year. And yeah he was hurt, so what. No surgery , and actually gutted it out to come back and play. Not to mention several outlets rank him in the top 10 in this class, including the injury. Right around where Smith is ranked. Fail to see exactly what your problem is.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:05 PM   #237
pricejj
jungle

FYI: Not interested in conversations with posters who take the draft so seriously that they are willing to insult other posters due to differing opinions. It's really not that important to me. I have a wife and kids. Once you start to get uncivil, I have to take a step back. Peace out.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:11 PM   #238
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
It's funny how little regard you have for the top rated LT in this class who was a consensus All-American in 2016, as a 19 year old. Only giving up 4 QB pressures all year. And yeah he was hurt, so what. No surgery , and actually gutted it out to come back and play. Not to mention several outlets rank him in the top 10 in this class, including the injury. Right around where Smith is ranked. Fail to see exactly what your problem is.
He wasn't that great on the field when he was healthy.
McGlinchey, Rankin, Williams all had down years in terms of what teams wanted to see them develop and get better at. They all stayed the same or regressed.

Nelson was the only hyped OL that improved from this year to last as whole. Problem is, he's a G.

Outlets have him ranked all over the place, he missed most of the damn season with a MCL and PCL injury, a OL known for his great feet and quickness is not going top 10 coming off of that.

Quote:
They're both half-field LB's in the NFL. And it's not about position, it's about instincts. Alabama picked up several key first downs running directly at Roquan Smith. Not what I expected when viewing a potential 1st round pick.
You just said you are not sure he can be better than Shazier, Shazier was an OLB in college who was moved to ILB in the NFL, Pitts ILB's pretty much move around every damn where.

They won't even play the same position in the pros so that's a bad comparison.
Smith is an elite talent and has the health and production in college to warrant the hype.
Watch that game again and see exactly how they got those 1st downs by running at him.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:13 PM   #239
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
FYI: Not interested in conversations with posters who take the draft so seriously that they are willing to insult other posters due to differing opinions. It's really not that important to me. I have a wife and kids. Once you start to get uncivil, I have to take a step back. Peace out.
You just called Aga dumb in another thread and all Req said was a sarcastic "Genius" and now you get all in your feelings and peace out?

Please stop acting like a child. If someone argues a point, take your medicine and back up your claim. Jesus.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:28 PM   #240
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
You just called Aga dumb in another thread and all Req said was a sarcastic "Genius" and now you get all in your feelings and peace out?

Please stop acting like a child. If someone argues a point, take your medicine and back up your claim. Jesus.
Aga insulted me. So I insulted him back. That's the only thing that seems to work with some posters. Funny thing is, it's the same guys everytime. That's their style. It's better for me just to take a step back. It's honestly not worth my time. So yeah, peace out.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:29 PM   #241
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Fail to see exactly what your problem is.
For starters, acting like you know about Smith and Williams after ten minutes of time.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:31 PM   #242
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Aga insulted me. So I insulted him back. That's the only thing that seems to work with some posters. Funny thing is, it's the same guys everytime. That's their style. It's better for me just to take a step back. It's honestly not worth my time. So yeah, peace out.
"But Bobby did it first!"

Don't pretend to have the moral high ground when you rarely, if ever take it. "Their style" -- lol, your style too bud.