The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #526
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 32,439

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't think the Terminus story arch is over. We never saw the young guy die. He just took a bullet. And we technically never saw Tasha Yar get eaten. And I'm fairly certain Tyreese didn't kill that guy.
I have the same feeling. Looks like the leader gets hit in the leg. He was with at least two others with guns that didn't get hit. Concerning Tyreese, did he punch the guy across his face with the knife or just holding it? Either way, it could be massive facial cuts (think Batman movie?) or he is dead. Tyreese too nice as he should have done to him what he did to the walkers outside the cabin.

Anyone think Governor meets up with this psycho group or any outsider is considered dead?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #527
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 32,439

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
Pretty sure one of the extended season previews shows the main terminus guy in another altercation with Rick. No way Tyreese killed him, and it will surely have consequences later, as thats the WD norm.

Great Opener for the season. Hope it doesn't go 6 episodes of back story now.
You mean "Then" and "Now" sequences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't think the Terminus story arch is over. We never saw the young guy die. He just took a bullet. And we technically never saw Tasha Yar get eaten. And I'm fairly certain Tyreese didn't kill that guy.
It would be a huge surprise if Mary aka Tasha Yar (Star Trek) is still alive. This has her dead from Carol (and walkers)...

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Mary_(TV_Series)

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 10-14-2014 at 12:42 PM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #528
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 55,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel
Default

After watching The Strain this year I think The Walking Dead has run it's course. Dudes just roaming around killing things and people. When a character gets developed it gets killed off, I get there is little to no hope but I would think they would be trying to either get to Washington or find a secure place to setup, defend and live.

Hell I even like The Last Ship more, maybe I am not as much of a Pessimist as I always thought I was? I read "The Road" and could see something bad happening where there is no hope but to watch the same things happen over and over on Walking Dead...I guess with the other offerings it is just not the same anymore or maybe it is that it hasn't developed it is just getting stale.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #529
Rabb
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell
Default

The kid from the Strain and Carl would be BFFs, they are never with their god damn fathers.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #530
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 33,369

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
After watching The Strain this year I think The Walking Dead has run it's course. Dudes just roaming around killing things and people. When a character gets developed it gets killed off, I get there is little to no hope but I would think they would be trying to either get to Washington or find a secure place to setup, defend and live.

Hell I even like The Last Ship more, maybe I am not as much of a Pessimist as I always thought I was? I read "The Road" and could see something bad happening where there is no hope but to watch the same things happen over and over on Walking Dead...I guess with the other offerings it is just not the same anymore or maybe it is that it hasn't developed it is just getting stale.
I've been struggling to stay interested in season 4. Kinda hit the doldrums and stopped watching. Just getting stale watching them hole themselves up for no apparent reason and do the same crap week in and out. Maybe it picks back up somewhere in season 4, but I haven't drummed up the will to find out.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #531
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 35,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
After watching The Strain this year I think The Walking Dead has run it's course.
I was entertained by The Strain but come on, it's not nearly as good as The Walking Dead. Read this article on how stupid The Strain is/was:

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...tal-stupidity/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #532
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 55,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I was entertained by The Strain but come on, it's not nearly as good as The Walking Dead. Read this article on how stupid The Strain is/was:

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...tal-stupidity/
It took me a couple episodes for it to click, I even missed an episode somewhere around week 3 and got lost for awhile but I love the production values and the evil corporation vs the hero trying to be heard.

It is totally unrealistic but I was able to buy into it and forgo the fact that people can mutate into Gene Simmons tongue shooting vampires and enjoyed it.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #533
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 55,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I've been struggling to stay interested in season 4. Kinda hit the doldrums and stopped watching. Just getting stale watching them hole themselves up for no apparent reason and do the same crap week in and out. Maybe it picks back up somewhere in season 4, but I haven't drummed up the will to find out.
Yep, lets wander around aimlessly.

I think they have a dude in the new crowd they tried to set up with a possibility of knowing how to cure or at least kill the zombie things but if they don't develop that and get him to people who can do something with it then this might be the last year I follow it.

I know this is based off a comic book series but it is just getting old. Every set piece ends the same way.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:21 PM   #534
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,436

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Yeah I bailed this year due to the drudgery and the grind. If there was some sanctuary somewhere that we knew of as a goal to get to at least the show would have a purpose beyond who might die this week. Think Logan's Run.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #535
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,152

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
The kid from the Strain and Carl would be BFFs, they are never with their god damn fathers.
Hahahaha! Your avatar is amazing. I saw that guy during the Chief's game and cracked up.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #536
Bronco Yoda
.
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 21,016
Default

Surprised how fast they burned through... then right out of Terminus. I would have preferred a standoff where they had to live there fighting for a couple of days while living in the space while discovering and coming to terms with the full depth of depravity and horrors that had gone on there while all along trying to fight their way out in a three way battle.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #537
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 26,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Reading these threads makes me understand why tv shows have a hard time.

EVERYONE is a critic. I love TWD, and hopefully it just keeps rolling along how it has as its been great imo.

(Catching up via Netflix can do that for you though, I cant imagine watching these shows week in and out live)
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #538
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 33,369

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

3-4 seasons just seems like where most series start to peter out.

It's that point where you realize that plot lines you thought were going to come to some sort of clever and awe-inspiring conclusion was in reality just some creative writers throwing **** at a wall to see what stuck.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #539
broncolife
Nut Hugger Detector
 
broncolife's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 5,094

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andy Janovich
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
After watching The Strain this year I think The Walking Dead has run it's course. Dudes just roaming around killing things and people. When a character gets developed it gets killed off, I get there is little to no hope but I would think they would be trying to either get to Washington or find a secure place to setup, defend and live.

Hell I even like The Last Ship more, maybe I am not as much of a Pessimist as I always thought I was? I read "The Road" and could see something bad happening where there is no hope but to watch the same things happen over and over on Walking Dead...I guess with the other offerings it is just not the same anymore or maybe it is that it hasn't developed it is just getting stale.
Would be nice if they made the virus mutate to give us more variety of zombies.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #540
Gort
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 14,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
3-4 seasons just seems like where most series start to peter out.

It's that point where you realize that plot lines you thought were going to come to some sort of clever and awe-inspiring conclusion was in reality just some creative writers throwing **** at a wall to see what stuck.
ooh, don't remind me of Lost. i've been trying to forget the time i wasted on that clusterfook. i'm not surprised that the showrunner for Lost was also responsible for the screenplay/script for Prometheus, which was laugh out loud ridiculous. really pretty film to look at though, just horribly illogical and nonsensical.

Last edited by Gort; 10-14-2014 at 04:54 PM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #541
bronco militia
made a business decision"
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 719
Posts: 31,453
Default

Watching the Strain made me miss TWD even more. The strain bores me to death
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:19 PM   #542
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,419

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNutBaja
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I have the same feeling. Looks like the leader gets hit in the leg. He was with at least two others with guns that didn't get hit. Concerning Tyreese, did he punch the guy across his face with the knife or just holding it? Either way, it could be massive facial cuts (think Batman movie?) or he is dead. Tyreese too nice as he should have done to him what he did to the walkers outside the cabin.

Anyone think Governor meets up with this psycho group or any outsider is considered dead?
governor was shot in the head, brains blown out, so unless he's a zombie or a hallucination, dude is not coming back.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:43 PM   #543
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 33,369

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
ooh, don't remind me of Lost. i've been trying to forget the time i wasted on that clusterfook. i'm not surprised that the showrunner for Lost was also responsible for the screenplay/script for Prometheus, which was laugh out loud ridiculous. really pretty film to look at though, just horribly illogical and nonsensical.
Lost is exactly what I was thinking of when I said that. The decline for season 3 to 5 was ugly. Went all the way through 6 figuring they'd have to tie at least some of this **** together. And then bleh.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:52 PM   #544
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 32,439

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
governor was shot in the head, brains blown out, so unless he's a zombie or a hallucination, dude is not coming back.
I missed the attack on the prison episode and watched the episode right after. Is this when it happened?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #545
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 17,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
...

I know this is based off a comic book series but it is just getting old. Every set piece ends the same way.
The comic book, which began publication about ten years ago is still going strong and now up around issue 132 or so.

The TV series is not entirely faithful to the comic, but in terms of major events, there are plenty of characters and plotlines left to explore. There's enough material there for at least three more seasons. Probably more.

TV ratings showed that the Season 5 premiere was up from its Season 4 counterpart, 8.7 compared to 8.2.

It's probably going to be around for a good while longer.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #546
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 55,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
The comic book, which began publication about ten years ago is still going strong and now up around issue 132 or so.

The TV series is not entirely faithful to the comic, but in terms of major events, there are plenty of characters and plotlines left to explore. There's enough material there for at least three more seasons. Probably more.

TV ratings showed that the Season 5 premiere was up from its Season 4 counterpart, 8.7 compared to 8.2.

It's probably going to be around for a good while longer.
So is the comic the same thing over and over or does it develop into something more than just walking dead? The name is fitting but it almost should be called "Purgatory Georgia" because I don't think they have moved more than 50 miles from Atlanta or "Walking in Limbo" because it is the same thing over and over and never ends.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:08 PM   #547
Bronco Yoda
.
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 21,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
So is the comic the same thing over and over or does it develop into something more than just walking dead? The name is fitting but it almost should be called "Purgatory Georgia" because I don't think they have moved more than 50 miles from Atlanta or "Walking in Limbo" because it is the same thing over and over and never ends.
I'm right there with you. I've stayed away from the comic as to not spoil anything... yet I want to know.... but not really... ok, I do... I don't.... I...
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #548
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 17,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
So is the comic the same thing over and over or does it develop into something more than just walking dead? The name is fitting but it almost should be called "Purgatory Georgia" because I don't think they have moved more than 50 miles from Atlanta or "Walking in Limbo" because it is the same thing over and over and never ends.
Spoiler:

I haven't followed the comic, but I know they eventually manage to get out of Georgia.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #549
Rabb
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
I'm right there with you. I've stayed away from the comic as to not spoil anything... yet I want to know.... but not really... ok, I do... I don't.... I...
The comics are great, and they are different enough that it won't spoil TOO much. I actually think Terminus was an attempt at a certain part in the comics (cannibals, for those that read) but I can't tell.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:38 AM   #550
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,285

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

The guy who picked out the original inhabitants of Terminus out of the boxcar looked an awful lot like Negan. Kirkman has said it isn't but if he acts like him in the slightest then **** should be very good.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Denver Broncos