The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2018, 01:47 AM   #1
KevinJames
HE-MANuel Sanders

Default Love him or hate him Case Keenum is going to be the key to success for Denver this season.

It’s clear our playoff hopes lie with Case. I’m sure this thread will trigger the usual shmuckspects but who cares they are jokers none of us take serious anyway.

This isn’t a Keenum apology thread there’s no doubt his play was trending down and if he makes that play against KC we win and if he played better against the Rams we probably win that too and at the very least were sitting at 5-2 leading the division.

Love em or hate em, we need Case to play his best football he showed last year he’s capable of it and I’d argue offensively we have similar if not more talent than Minnesota does so what gives?

Game script for one, the coaches have a lot of faith in Keenum, but why probably because he had a great training camp this is when teams construct and craft their offense. Something just isn’t right though this season something isn’t clicking I feel as well as others that the play calls aren’t based around his strengths but tonight I saw them trying to move him out more so I am very encouraged by that.

The key is to get the run game going and get Keenum on the move especially through play action. Keenum isn’t a bad QB he’s just not the franchise starting caliber QB that Vance and Musgrave rave about that said he can be solid if used right (we witnessed it last year) he can get this team above .500 and potentially contending for a wild card spot.

I’m excited to see Chad like everyone else but there’s definitely a huge risk there not because he might make more mistakes but because the team believes Keenum gives them the best chance. You can’t bench the locker rooms QB not right now.

Last edited by KevinJames; 10-19-2018 at 01:49 AM..
KevinJames is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2018, 02:06 AM   #2
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

#haveyouseenbroncosschedule? #whoisDenverbeatingoutforwildcard #beatoneoftheworstteamsintheleague
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:10 AM   #3
ShaneFalco
Infamous

ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:13 AM   #4
yerner
Ring of Famer

he blows goat cock.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:25 AM   #5
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted

Cake!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
Holy hell. Hogan was better than Swag by numbers?

So we have two badasses and we are rolling with the guy throwing wouded duck Ints every single game?

Radio.....
Old Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:27 AM   #6
KevinJames
HE-MANuel Sanders

You donít bench a guy the locker room is behind unless heís hurt or coming off a catastrophic game

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
#haveyouseenbroncosschedule? #whoisDenverbeatingoutforwildcard #beatoneoftheworstteamsintheleague
#tebowdiditanyonecan
#teamcouldeasilybe5-2
#yousabishforhashtags

I fully believe that last wildcard spot is going to be 8-8 or 9-7
KevinJames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:38 AM   #7
RonStoppable
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
You donít bench a guy the locker room is behind unless heís hurt or coming off a catastrophic game

#tebowdiditanyonecan
#teamcouldeasilybe5-2
#yousabishforhashtags

I fully believe that last wildcard spot is going to be 8-8 or 9-7
If this turn out to be true case could get us a spot. But i disagree with chad. He would us give a change to go 10-6!
And yes i really belive this.
RonStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:52 AM   #8
ShaneFalco
Infamous

man. sanders has a stronger arm then keenum. he overthrows sutton, but sutton is so body, he lifts his body and floats on the air.
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:06 AM   #9
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Keenum was terrible.

The entire gameplan in the first half was keeping away from being a pocket QB. Very quick throws, end arounds, play action rollouts.

When Keenum was dropping back he took ages in the pocket, didn't pull the trigger, instead kept rolling out to his right like a scared animal hoping his WRs would bail him out.

Combine that with multiple underthrown deep passes and it's ugly. Sanders was wide open for his TD but had to stop to catch the ball.

Sutton was wide open down the left sidelines in the 1st half and again had to completely slow down, turn around while the DB caught up to him and prevented the catch.

I don't know how you can constantly underthrow wide open WRs but Keenum has it down to an art form.

Combine that with his ridiculous tells at the line when he completely gives away the run play and you've got a bottom feeder at QB.

But yeah, he's a nice guy.

As soon as Chad Kelly understands and can run the offense he needs to see the field but the OL/Run Game/WRs are all really solid. Keenum is completely holding back this offense.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:21 AM   #10
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Keenum was terrible.

The entire gameplan in the first half was keeping away from being a pocket QB. Very quick throws, end arounds, play action rollouts.

When Keenum was dropping back he took ages in the pocket, didn't pull the trigger, instead kept rolling out to his right like a scared animal hoping his WRs would bail him out.

Combine that with multiple underthrown deep passes and it's ugly. Sanders was wide open for his TD but had to stop to catch the ball.

Sutton was wide open down the left sidelines in the 1st half and again had to completely slow down, turn around while the DB caught up to him and prevented the catch.

I don't know how you can constantly underthrow wide open WRs but Keenum has it down to an art form.

Combine that with his ridiculous tells at the line when he completely gives away the run play and you've got a bottom feeder at QB.

As soon as Chad Kelly understands and can run the offense he needs to see the field but the OL/Run Game/WRs are all really solid. Keenum is completely holding back this offense.

I wonder if heís hurt. He didnít underthrow as badly last year.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:26 AM   #11
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
I wonder if heís hurt. He didnít underthrow as badly last year.
You have a good point, but he's been doing that since Week 1. If he is injured enough to not throw a decent 30/40 yard pass then he shouldn't be playing.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:37 AM   #12
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
You have a good point, but he's been doing that since Week 1. If he is injured enough to not throw a decent 30/40 yard pass then he shouldn't be playing.
Remember he had that knee issue? I think heís favoring it. Throwing off his back foot more.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:54 AM   #13
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Dude went 161 yards , 1 td and 1 pick. Those are not good stats. They are really not good when it was a 45 -10 victory. This showed the team has it but he does not.

Bring on Swag, let's win some more games.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:57 AM   #14
go_broncos
Fire Vance Joseph

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Keenum is playing worse than TS.
His throws are horrible. Time to bench him.
FO and coaches are so scared that they continue playing Keenum yesterday.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:58 AM   #15
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So ****ing tired of journeyman mediocrity. Keenum could barely even do a blowout right with the underthrows, holding the ball and INT.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:28 AM   #16
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Remember he had that knee issue? I think heís favoring it. Throwing off his back foot more.
I don't know honestly. He looks ok when he has to take off and scramble....

You grow up in Alexandria? I was in Arlington for a few years. Had some good times there growing up.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:39 AM   #17
BroncoFox
Cheervixen

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

He is awful. The coach I think knows he is awful - he was in the entire game. Any other team would bench their starting QB by the 4th. It's as if they were afraid to bring in Kelly, because they knew if he fired up the offense, they'd have a QB controversy on their hands. Apparently other than a kneel-down, they are not going to let Kelly even sniff the field.

We are in serious trouble when a team fully forces Case to beat them.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:00 AM   #18
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
I don't know honestly. He looks ok when he has to take off and scramble....

You grow up in Alexandria? I was in Arlington for a few years. Had some good times there growing up.
Grew up in NJ. Came here for school and never left.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:08 AM   #19
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Keenum is playing worse than TS.
His throws are horrible. Time to bench him.
FO and coaches are so scared that they continue playing Keenum yesterday.
And this is why you don't have your livelihood dependent on your football knowledge and judgement.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:27 AM   #20
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Keenum was terrible.

My 9 year old son kept saying "Dad, he's open, why is he not throwing him the ball?"
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:40 AM   #21
go_broncos
Fire Vance Joseph

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_diesel View Post
My 9 year old son kept saying "Dad, he's open, why is he not throwing him the ball?"
he is playing scared and doesn't want to get intercepted.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:41 AM   #22
B-Large
Pork Hanger

Oily Variety Bohunk

Quote:
Keenum was terrible.

I think KeenHAM sucks, but there is a trend in the NFL this season of QB's being quick out of the pocket and extending plays on the run... heck Mahommes whole game is built upon it.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:44 AM   #23
B-Large
Pork Hanger

Oily Variety Bohunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Dude went 161 yards , 1 td and 1 pick. Those are not good stats. They are really not good when it was a 45 -10 victory. This showed the team has it but he does not.

Bring on Swag, let's win some more games.
Swag almost couldn't we worse, and he has unshaken confidence right now... KeenHAM will not get benched, this isn't about production anymore, this is about money and ego and saving face... I usually don't buy into that stuff, but why is your starter playing when the game is over and out of reach at the half?
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:00 AM   #24
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
I think KeenHAM sucks, but there is a trend in the NFL this season of QB's being quick out of the pocket and extending plays on the run... heck Mahommes whole game is built upon it.
The impressive thing about Mahommes is that he is just getting his feet wet. Comparing Mahommes to Elway at the same time period is that he appears to be well ahead. All good young athletic QBs use their feet while the game is going fast for them. Mahommes will not rely on this feet when this game slows down and he becomes comfortable. That is what is so impressive about watching him now. He could become scary.

Plus the game now vs Elway's rookie years emphasizes a mobile QB to gain another edge vs the defense. The rules emphasizing the passing game has changed alot since then. The pros are incorporating some of the college schemes to create defensive mismatches. Why not if these kids are used to running similar plays.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:09 AM   #25
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Gotta love easy wins and the confidence it brings!
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote