The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2018, 11:40 AM   #51
LeftCoastBronco
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You're.
Itís a joke... kinda.
LeftCoastBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 11:49 AM   #52
LeftCoastBronco
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think Chubb is developing well. In time they are going to be extremely hard to defend as a duo, especially if we get some good inside pocket breaking pressure.

It could pretty much be an enigma to offensive coordinators. Think the NY Giants when they lineman after lineman coming at you.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:53 PM   #53
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastBronco View Post
I think Chubb is developing well. In time they are going to be extremely hard to defend as a duo, especially if we get some good inside pocket breaking pressure.

It could pretty much be an enigma to offensive coordinators. Think the NY Giants when they lineman after lineman coming at you.
Chubb isnít Developing as good as miller did. Miller had 4 sacks already at this point his rookie year.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 02:48 PM   #54
LeftCoastBronco
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Chubb isnít Developing as good as miller did. Miller had 4 sacks already at this point his rookie year.
Jeeze, which clichť should I use?

I'll go with Apples and Oranges.

Von and Chubb are quite different players, but I think they are going to turn out to be perfect complements to each other.

Plus, Von is one of those, you know, "Generational" players. You could go with Bill Parcel's planet theory with him. There just aren't too many players that can do the things Von can.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:52 PM   #55
LeftCoastBronco
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

BTW- Rosen is the guy I wanted in the draft.

But, I can see the great benefit with Chubb. Especially the long-term benefit as they grow together as a potential lethal combination.

I think that they can be the cornerstone to an incredible defense again, if we can just get rid of the Idiot Kicker of a Head Coach.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:12 PM   #56
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Jeeze, which clichť should I use?

I'll go with Apples and Oranges.

Von and Chubb are quite different players, but I think they are going to turn out to be perfect complements to each other.

Plus, Von is one of those, you know, "Generational" players. You could go with Bill Parcel's planet theory with him. There just aren't too many players that can do the things Von can.
When youíre drafted top 5 the expectation/hope is that youíre going to be a generational player. Chubb should be having it easier considering heís not getting the dbl teamed.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:22 PM   #57
LeftCoastBronco
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I definitely think it's a "your mileage may vary" when it comes to top-5 picks making an impact in their very first year. I'm just glad he is starting, right out of the gate. Building up his real-game experience as fast and as much as possible.

As it sits right now, I blame our Head Coach for all the shortcomings on the team so far.
Old 10-06-2018, 04:10 PM   #58
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I definitely think it's a "your mileage may vary" when it comes to top-5 picks making an impact in their very first year. I'm just glad he is starting, right out of the gate. Building up his real-game experience as fast and as much as possible.

As it sits right now, I blame our Head Coach for all the shortcomings on the team so far.
Not really,with the exception of QB,you get drafted 1st rd, youíll be starting first year making an impact. Especially when drafted top 5. Chubb needs to start making an impact.
Old 10-06-2018, 04:48 PM   #59
LeftCoastBronco
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Not really,with the exception of QB,you get drafted 1st rd, youíll be starting first year making an impact. Especially when drafted top 5. Chubb needs to start making an impact.
I'm fine with having a little patience with Chubb. There is a whole lot more wrong with our football teamĖ like our Head Coach.

But, I understand your concern.

This year is a wash to me. It was the very second Elway DIDN'T FIRE the head coach immediately after the season was over.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:13 AM   #60
TonyR
Franchise Poster

TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:15 AM   #61
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

I blame gameplans that don't have any clear goals in mind.

That was the thing about Wade. He knew what the prime directive in each game was. He knew which pieces to put where towards that end.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:27 AM   #62
TonyR
Franchise Poster

TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:38 AM   #63
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I love Von more and more with how he's handling this.

Mr. Bronco in my mind.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:43 AM   #64
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

I think we hang with them this weekend. I don't see us getting run out of the place despite the doom & gloom of the last 3 weeks. Von will have a big game.

I wouldn't be surprised if we win. A little snow on the ground maybe, who knows? What does the snow have to do with a win, maybe slow them down a bit?
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:49 AM   #65
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

More Von...

Quote:
ďI just got to run over my guy,Ē Miller said. ďI just got to run straight through him, put him on his back and just get a sack. Itís not like Iím a receiver. Itís not like Iíve got to break at this route and catch the ball. Iíve just got to get there. Iíve just got to get there. Itís something that I havenít been doing well over the last couple of weeks. I havenít been playing the run well, I havenít been rushing the passer well over the last couple of weeks. I can fix that. I like living in a world where itís me and the problem is me, because the quickest way to fix it is me. Thatís the type of world that I live in, and thatís [how] Iím going into the game. Iím going into the game trying to fix those issues.Ē

ďLetís think about that,Ē Miller said. ďAs a corner, if you think about doing too much, I can see that. Youíre playing this route when really you should be over here and youíre guessing. For me, what is doing too much? Running over the guy and putting him on his back and making a sack? What is doing too much? I just have to do more. Thereís really not a cap. Iíve got a unique position. I canít really reach and do too much. I play the run and rush the passer. Iíve just got to do it better. Like I said before, over the last three weeks, I havenít been able to do that.Ē

ďThe defense is set up for pass rush,Ē Miller said. ďI know a lot has been said about the calls and this and that. The defense is set up for pass rush. Why is the defense set up for pass rush? Because weíve got four great pass rushers. If our defense is not successful, then itís the guys thatís not making it happen. Itís set up for us. Thatís how I want it. I want it to be set up for me. I want to be in a defense where itís all about getting sacks and getting pressure. Thatís how I want it to be. I donít want it to be a defense where weíre playing zone all day and itís about the corners. I want the defense to be about us, and it is. I just havenít been doing my job the way Iím supposed to do it, and Iím on it. Iím going to get it fixed.Ē
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #66
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I blame gameplans that don't have any clear goals in mind.

That was the thing about Wade. He knew what the prime directive in each game was. He knew which pieces to put where towards that end.
I know the narrative is we would be fine with Super Wade but the players still have to execute. I agree, some of the calls have been questionable but we have plenty of situations where guys just aren't doing their job. All the way down to basic tackling.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:53 AM   #67
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I know the narrative is we would be fine with Super Wade but the players still have to execute. I agree, some of the calls have been questionable but we have plenty of situations where guys just aren't doing their job. All the way down to basic tackling.
I agree. Part of it's definitely player/locker room stuff. But also, at least part of that is what having no credibility with your players looks like.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:54 AM   #68
B-Large
Pork Hanger

Oily Variety Bohunk

Quote:
More Von...
Interim Player Coach?..... Reggie Dunlop style- The whole defense can put the foil on, at least metaphorically....
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:55 AM   #69
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
I agree. Part of it's definitely player/locker room stuff. But also, at least part of that is what having no credibility with your players looks like.
I don't disagree. I will be honest, I don't think the issue is with Woods whatsoever.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:56 AM   #70
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I don't disagree. I will be honest, I don't think the issue is with Woods whatsoever.
Well whoever's calling man on 3rd and 30 with a rollout QB definitely has issues.

I'm not 100% sure which one that was though.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #71
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Well whoever's calling man on 3rd and 30 with a rollout QB definitely has issues.

I'm not 100% sure which one that was though.
No joke man, I am with you. God I hate this.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:48 AM   #72
4Horsemen
Ring of Famer

Just put it in the ole turkey hole!

Quote:
sorry Rabb (respectfully), but this is the NFL. guys know how to tackle.

i believe the problems are:

1. motivation. comes from the top. they don't trust Radio no matter if they even know it. they play that way, all sides of the ball.

2. they don't trust Woods. his game planning and calls puts them in bad positions thus bad play thus players questioning themselves and what the coaches say next.

that is my take at least. coaching has drained the team and the players potential.
4Horsemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:53 AM   #73
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
sorry Rabb (respectfully), but this is the NFL. guys know how to tackle.

i believe the problems are:

1. motivation. comes from the top. they don't trust Radio no matter if they even know it. they play that way, all sides of the ball.

2. they don't trust Woods. his game planning and calls puts them in bad positions thus bad play thus players questioning themselves and what the coaches say next.

that is my take at least. coaching has drained the team and the players potential.
You honestly might be right man, I have no idea anymore.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:23 AM   #74
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960

cooking up a victory

nice to hear von call himself out ,so I dont have to do it here and suffer your senseless rabid fan hatred.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #75
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

The need to start layin the hits on these guys and quit arm tackling so much
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote