The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2018, 04:08 PM   #26
Pul2Eject
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T F'n D

LOVE the stories Phisig and Jason. So glad to hear Floyd is well!!

I became a fan of the Broncos watching Floyd Little in the basement of our Columbine Hills home with Dad on a black and white TV. I remember the 1970 season starting out at 4-0. Beating Pit was big but Floyd tearing up the Superbowl Champion Chiefs was HUGE! No one can beat the Broncos!........then came Madden and the Raiders ( sigh) with Daryl Lamonica. Floyd broke a long TD run but the Raiders were too much. In 1976 I met Floyd at Foothills Golf Course, where I was a busboy and he gave me a Mile High Quarterbacks Club cap which he autographed.

Last edited by Pul2Eject; 10-19-2018 at 04:15 PM..
Pul2Eject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:23 PM   #27
Cito Pelon
No playoff game not happy

Original Wardrobe Malfunction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisig150 View Post
I live in Henderson Nevada and I was in line at Vons with my kids when this elderly man approached me. I had a Broncos shirt on and he asked me if I was a fan and if I was was from Denver. I confirmed I was a fan from LA who grew up hating the Raiders and loving Elway. He chuckled and then said he played for the Broncos. Took a second but couldn't place him, he was wearing a Hall of Fame hat. He then introduced himself as Floyd Little we shook hands and he and his wife took off. Really nice guy. Wish I could have thought of something to say but was taken aback a bit, not everyday you get to meet a Hall of Famer.
I met Floyd Little back in 1969. Very kind man.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:34 PM   #28
Cito Pelon
No playoff game not happy

Original Wardrobe Malfunction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmoot View Post
What most of the guys too young to remember is just how important he was to the early Denver Broncos. Floyd was the franchise player (the Elway). He reminds me of Rod Smith if you can relate. A star player with a humble, hard working attitude. He was the face of the Denver Broncos in the community and was very active. If Floyd had played with the talent of the Chiefs or Raiders of that time, the sky would have been the limit. A player with true, unrecognized, superstar talent much like Rich Jackson because he played on losing teams in a cowtown. Floyd rose above the talent level around him and still played great.
Absolutely.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:32 PM   #29
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmoot View Post
Many of the younger fans who are too young can mentally understand how good he was and appreciate what he did for the Bronco organization. Those of us older guys, who watched him play, saw the commitment he made to the organization and especially to the community are much more passionate about Floyd. This is understandable. The losing teams, the impact he made in keeping the team in Denver, the selfless advertising for the team and his excellent play was just outstanding. Forget the stats. He was a superstar both on and off the field. Every Bronco fan should give Mr. Little a hug. You are fortunate to meet him and your opinion of him is right on.
Exactly. He's the reason I'm a Bronco fan. Was a huge fan of the LA Rams in 1970 when I get to go to a Bronco preseason game that was played in SLC (against the Boston Patriots). I fell in love with Floyd and continued to watch the Broncos to watch Floyd. You guys are so fortunate to meet him.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote