The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2018, 03:20 PM   #101
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Broncos waited until the last pick of the entire draft to nab the most important position on the field. And it couldn’t have worked out better in their eyes.

Nine quarterbacks were chosen before pick 253 — including big names such as second-overall pick Mitchell Trubisky, Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes — but it was former Ole Miss signal-caller Chad Kelly who stood out to Denver.

“He was my favorite quarterback in the draft,” Vance Joseph said on Saturday’s post-draft presser. “He beat Alabama twice. That’s tough to do as a college quarterback. He’s a tough guy. He’s smart. He’s made some childish mistakes in the past, but he’s learned from those things. I’m comfortable with him.”

http://www.bsndenver.com/vance-josep...ck-chad-kelly/

So are you saying he’s an OM member? Or did he not like black QBs? I’m taking Mahomes and Watson even Trubisky as better QBs coming out of that draft. But his favorite QB was Kelly.....so why give other teams 7+ chances to take him....

VJ is talking out of his ass there.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 10-19-2018 at 03:25 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:25 PM   #102
go_broncos
Fire Vance Joseph

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

VJ..supporting Keenum again.
that alone should get you fired.

I don't know about you guys..i was doubtful even when the score was 28-3 because of Keenum.

It feels like he doesn't even complete basic throws. Any other QB would be having insane stats with the play makers we have on offense.

I get frustrated when i see him on the field.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #103
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

The bottom line is, if they were going to bench Keenum, it would have had to happen after the Jets game (probably should have). There's no way they were going to bench any of the players in or after a lopsided win like that. Like it or not, the players would be pissed if the guy you are asking them to look at as their leader suddenly gets replaced in the middle of a blowout.

That's not to say it wouldn't have been reasonable to give Kelly some time in the 4th quarter when the game was out of reach, but it would have been meaningless playing time spent handing the ball off and could never have led to something more permanent. Also, as much as people here wanted to whine about something, I'm glad they played all the starters for the whole game. They were having fun and needed to feel good about something after the previous 4 weeks. Let them play and pad their stats. The payoff of reminding them how it feels to win and win big outweighs the risk of getting a guy hurt in an otherwise **** season that's probably not going anywhere.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:48 PM   #104
BroncosCR
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They're not benching Keesum because he's the $32 million QB that they brought in to be the "Franchise QB"... Kind of how they kept giving Lynch chances because he was a 1st Round pick even though it was obvious that he was never going to be the guy...
BroncosCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:52 PM   #105
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I hate that our FO is more consumed by trying to not look like idiots (over the Keenum signing) than just getting us into the right place long term.

Nobody's going to care about the money if you actually find us a long term answer somewhere.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:01 PM   #106
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I hate that our FO is more consumed by trying to not look like idiots (over the Keenum signing) than just getting us into the right place long term.

Nobody's going to care about the money if you actually find us a long term answer somewhere.
I think it has way more to do with them being worried about what the locker room will think if they make the switch than them being worried about what the fans think about the money they spent.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:08 PM   #107
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I think it has way more to do with them being worried about what the locker room will think if they make the switch than them being worried about what the fans think about the money they spent.
Money schmoney...Its not Elways coin.
socalorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #108
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

It's not like Keenum is running a highly complex/schemed offense anyway with option routes and numerous audibles at the line.

It's pretty straightforward with him only having the choice between plays sometimes. A lot of times he's just running the play that's called.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:19 PM   #109
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

I think it has more to do with VJ being on the hot seat. He doesn’t have the time to watch Kelly develop with on field exp. So he goes with a vet who’s supposedly already developed 6 years in...but who’s making rookie mistakes.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:28 PM   #110
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I mean I get the whole Tebow thing making Elway gun shy. But Kelly's never going to be that kind of problem. He's got all the attributes. He may not pan out, but it's more than clear now that Case isn't the long term answer.
Elway is gun shy because he traded Tebow and has missed on every qb minus manning lol.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:39 PM   #111
KevinJames
HE-MANuel Sanders

Maybe the Chad release allows him to play with more swag now that swag is gone. (hidden element)
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:41 PM   #112
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Maybe the Chad release allows him to play with more swag now that swag is gone. (hidden element)
He seemed to do fine last year with Bridgewater ready to go in at a moment's notice.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:28 PM   #113
Darth Revan
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The bottom line is, if they were going to bench Keenum, it would have had to happen after the Jets game (probably should have). There's no way they were going to bench any of the players in or after a lopsided win like that. Like it or not, the players would be pissed if the guy you are asking them to look at as their leader suddenly gets replaced in the middle of a blowout.

That's not to say it wouldn't have been reasonable to give Kelly some time in the 4th quarter when the game was out of reach, but it would have been meaningless playing time spent handing the ball off and could never have led to something more permanent. Also, as much as people here wanted to whine about something, I'm glad they played all the starters for the whole game. They were having fun and needed to feel good about something after the previous 4 weeks. Let them play and pad their stats. The payoff of reminding them how it feels to win and win big outweighs the risk of getting a guy hurt in an otherwise **** season that's probably not going anywhere.
After the Bye is probably a more realistic option if Keenum continues to disappoint when needed

Assuming Chad Kelly hasn't trespassed too deeply into the dog house
Darth Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:30 PM   #114
Darth Revan
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
This. I think it has less to do with faith in Keenum and more about the message it sends to the vets in the locker room about wasting a season of their lives (albeit still compensated very well for their time).
Darth Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:58 PM   #115
KevinJames
HE-MANuel Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
After the Bye is probably a more realistic option if Keenum continues to disappoint when needed

Assuming Chad Kelly hasn't trespassed too deeply into the dog house
Uh didn’t you hear the news lol
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote