The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2018, 06:10 PM   #151
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
This.

Michael Sam got cut because he couldn't stay focused.....with all the guys in tight pants around.
Well I think he was more worried about being a gay celebrity than a football player.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:44 PM   #152
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I saw that already. Who is Sayre Bedinger, and why do you trust anything he says? Click his profile. He looks like he doesn't shave yet. I'll wait until I hear this from the coaches, not some kid who looks like he should be the reporter on the high school newspaper.

The Bronco writers are almost all pure crap, utterly worthless. The radio guys are even worse. This is easily the worst NFL media I've ever seen. Mike Klis, a guy I'm sure is a bonafide drunk, seems to be the most respected guy in town. He couldn't get hired anywhere in Dallas.

Why can't this town find some decent sports media people?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:58 PM   #153
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
If I cost my companies shareholders of be unemployed. Kneeling for the Flag cost NFL some coin. You have the right to freedom of speech/assembly but it doesn't mean you are free from consequences. BTW there are share holders technically. Who owns the Packers.........
Nobody. A board of directors makes decisions in the absence of an "owner".

The Packer's "shareholders" own stock that is worthless. No fan makes a dime off the Packers, whether he owns "stock" in them or not. The Packers are a registered non-profit corporation, and there is no such thing as non-profit "stock". They aren't technically shareholders of anything but good will and a cool little piece of expensive memorabilia. Your point had to do with an employee costing their company's actual stock to decline in value, and since no such stock exists, the argument is nonsense. As for costing the greedy owners money, there is no proof of that as it relates to this issue.

It's pure marketing bull**** by the NFL in order to pander to the same demographic that gets off on seeing military people at these games all the time. The NFL has already interjected itself into the politics of this, so the idea that consequences should only assign to players is bunk.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #154
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I saw that already. Who is Sayre Bedinger, and why do you trust anything he says? Click his profile. He looks like he doesn't shave yet. I'll wait until I hear this from the coaches, not some kid who looks like he should be the reporter on the high school newspaper.

The Bronco writers are almost all pure crap, utterly worthless. The radio guys are even worse. This is easily the worst NFL media I've ever seen. Mike Klis, a guy I'm sure is a bonafide drunk, seems to be the most respected guy in town. He couldn't get hired anywhere in Dallas.

Why can't this town find some decent sports media people?

We donít need some unknown twitter guy to see VJ was clearly frustrated about Carlos Henderson. Not only was VJ not satisfied with Henderson before he got hurt last year, the FO went out of their way to invest in his position this year.

Henderson is def in VJs doghouse.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:57 PM   #155
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoandrew View Post
The owners are the shareholders of their company. They just don't have them being publicly traded. If you Dad owned a hardware store, and he sold you a 25% share, you would both be share holders.
Itís actually nothing like this. Itís basically on par with your Dad owning a hardware store and selling you a rewards card that gave you 10% off all the hammers you wanted to buy and that also entitled you to listen to him talk about what his plans were for summer inventory but have absolutely no say in any of it.

Last edited by bowtown; 06-17-2018 at 09:01 PM..
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:06 PM   #156
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Well I think he was more worried about being a gay celebrity than a football player.
I actually think everyone else was more worried about him being a gay celebrity than a football player.

But I also think that everyone else was more worried about Tim Tebow being a Jesus celebrity than a football player.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:10 PM   #157
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
We donít need some unknown twitter guy to see VJ was clearly frustrated about Carlos Henderson. Not only was VJ not satisfied with Henderson before he got hurt last year, the FO went out of their way to invest in his position this year.

Henderson is def in VJs doghouse.
I can see VJ justifiably being upset with Henderson last year for getting popped for weed, why wouldn't he be? But what does this have to do with having a pulled hamstring? IF it's true that he's pissed because this guy has an injury...one that's not even career threatening...then it makes me less trusting of his judgment. I haven't been one to jump on the bandwagon one way or the other about this coach since I believe rookie coaches deserve some time to get their footing and if a poor initial season were proper grounds for getting canned, then Tom Landry should have been fired before anyone ever heard of him. But holding a guy responsible for an injury doesn't make sense. I say IF this is true, because it's ridiculous to ascribe some kind of insider information to an unknown writer on the strength of his evaluation of the head coaches facial affect or tonal voice inflections. Every one of these clowns wants a scoop it seems.

It's possible Henderson is a bust, but I'll withhold judgment until I see more of what he has on the field, not on the strength of some anonymous writer who looks like he just joined the OM.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:19 PM   #158
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoandrew View Post
The owners are the shareholders of their company. They just don't have them being publicly traded. If you Dad owned a hardware store, and he sold you a 25% share, you would both be share holders.
Wrong. You would be partners, not shareholders.

"Shareholders" is not a term that applies to a solely owned company or a partnership.

There are no "shareholders" in the NFL...at least not as the term is meant to be used.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/shareholder.asp
Old 06-17-2018, 09:22 PM   #159
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
I can see VJ justifiably being upset with Henderson last year for getting popped for weed, why wouldn't he be? But what does this have to do with having a pulled hamstring? IF it's true that he's pissed because this guy has an injury...one that's not even career threatening...then it makes me less trusting of his judgment. I haven't been one to jump on the bandwagon one way or the other about this coach since I believe rookie coaches deserve some time to get their footing and if a poor initial season were proper grounds for getting canned, then Tom Landry should have been fired before anyone ever heard of him. But holding a guy responsible for an injury doesn't make sense. I say IF this is true, because it's ridiculous to ascribe some kind of insider information to an unknown writer on the strength of his evaluation of the head coaches facial affect or tonal voice inflections. Every one of these clowns wants a scoop it seems.

It's possible Henderson is a bust, but I'll withhold judgment until I see more of what he has on the field, not on the strength of some anonymous writer who looks like he just joined the OM.

Henderson was underperforming last offseason before the injury. For me i donít use the term bust for players later than the 2nd round. If he doesnít pan out heís just one of many that donít where he was drafted.

Heís got an uphill battle right now. Hamilton IMO can take his spot which lowers him on the depth chart. If you get buried itís going to be hard to crawl out, especially if he canít stay healthy.

I donít believe he would be cut after one year. They donít dump higher picks that fast unless they are Montee Ball stupid. Hillman was in the doghouse and stuck around. But thereís some skill at WR on this team now. Heís gotta get healthy.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 06-17-2018 at 09:29 PM..
Old 06-17-2018, 10:41 PM   #160
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Henderson was underperforming last offseason before the injury. For me i donít use the term bust for players later than the 2nd round. If he doesnít pan out heís just one of many that donít where he was drafted.

Heís got an uphill battle right now. Hamilton IMO can take his spot which lowers him on the depth chart. If you get buried itís going to be hard to crawl out, especially if he canít stay healthy.

I donít believe he would be cut after one year. They donít dump higher picks that fast unless they are Montee Ball stupid. Hillman was in the doghouse and stuck around. But thereís some skill at WR on this team now. Heís gotta get healthy.
I think it's pretty obvious that most rookies from schools like Louisiana Tech who are drafted in the third round are probably facing a stiff adjustment, so by saying he was "under-performing", the question is, by what standard?

Whatever the hype about these new guys indicates...I happen to think it indicates less than most people since I've read this same stuff every year and actually remember it...why does it have to be suggested in freaking mini-camp that a guy is on thin ice when all he's doing is sitting out because of a hammy? Is this normal or not? I'd say it is, but I'm not sure what this coaching staff considers normal, or for that matter whether this staff knows how to really draft and develop talent or not. Maybe they do...but recent drafts make that a legitimate question.

Henderson is a 200 pound WR with sub 4.5 speed and a nice college resume that indicates he's got talent. Why we need to begin this process of attacking these guys almost from day one...escapes me. Right now I can see as many as 6 spots for WR's and 7 guys with legitimate claims based on talent and expectations. That's based on someone emerging as a legit KR threat who can also contribute in the offense, which might describe either Henderson or McKenzie if he continues to look good.

DT
Sanders
Sutton
Hamilton
Henderson
McKenzie
Sunshine

One probably winds up getting hurt, and going on the IR...isn't Sunshine also hurt? I think I read somewhere that he's an IR candidate if he doesn't look like he's ready soon. Whatever...it still doesn't seem wise to start forcing some kind of trajectory based on a guy being pressured to play if he's not ready physically. It also doesn't seem overly smart to me for the HC to be doing this in mini-camp...when we are six weeks from when things really need to get going.

This time last year there seemed to be high hopes for this guy. I don't see the need to throw him overboard yet.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:51 PM   #161
Johnny Football
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He was under performing by the standard that he couldn't catch a kickoff, not a punt, a kickoff. Carlos has some nice potential and had some nice highlights at Tech, but with the new additions at wideout, I think he will struggle to see significant reps this year unless injuries occur.
Johnny Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:21 PM   #162
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Nobody. A board of directors makes decisions in the absence of an "owner".

The Packer's "shareholders" own stock that is worthless. No fan makes a dime off the Packers, whether he owns "stock" in them or not. The Packers are a registered non-profit corporation, and there is no such thing as non-profit "stock". They aren't technically shareholders of anything but good will and a cool little piece of expensive memorabilia. Your point had to do with an employee costing their company's actual stock to decline in value, and since no such stock exists, the argument is nonsense. As for costing the greedy owners money, there is no proof of that as it relates to this issue.

It's pure marketing bull**** by the NFL in order to pander to the same demographic that gets off on seeing military people at these games all the time. The NFL has already interjected itself into the politics of this, so the idea that consequences should only assign to players is bunk.
For the last time I said if I cost my company's shareholders money(not the NFL). I made an example of how it applies to myself and most others on here.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:47 PM   #163
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
For the last time I said if I cost my company's shareholders money(not the NFL). I made an example of how it applies to myself and most others on here.
Lol...like you werenít drawing a comparison eh?

Guess that explains the Packers thing.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:52 PM   #164
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brendan Langley

Lol the team won’t cut Henderson. At worst he’llbe treated Like Heuerman and ir ‘d. Elway won’t give up on 3rd rd pick who is under contract for four years and reasonable price and pedigree.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:03 AM   #165
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Lol the team wonít cut Henderson. At worst heíllbe treated Like Heuerman and ir Ďd. Elway wonít give up on 3rd rd pick who is under contract for four years and reasonable price and pedigree.

I doubt they do this year but If he has another bad campaign he could go the way Sambrailo and Ball went. Early picks and Gone before their contract is done.

IMO The key for him to climb back is in the return game/STs. Make an impact there and he isnít deactivated every week. Hamilton Sutton even McKenzie and Taylor gonna come out swinging.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 06-19-2018 at 07:05 AM..
Old 06-19-2018, 07:45 AM   #166
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Sunshine will be on PUP list. I think they will reevaluate Henderson during the preseason and give him every chance while Sunshine is on PUP. If Henderson is still under performing, I think they will cut him when Sunshine comes off PUP.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:49 AM   #167
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Henderson is going on the Bust List