The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2018, 12:47 PM   #101
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I was disappointed with Stidham growth this year. The LSU/Auburn game this year just sticks in my mind where Stidham should have shown more.

I am also concerned because I have never seem him under center. Good prospect but he has some warts.

Interesting that he was under center at least once this game, I time stamped it. In fact, I time stamped everything I noted with the in-game clock, so you can scroll on any link or DVR to see the plays if you are so inclined. I thought he was good in this game, outside of the very first pass, I didn't see a mistake, and even that pass was arguably just a great play by the CB and not by the WR. Anyway, here you go:

JARRETT STIDHAM AUBURN

LSU (2018): Playing shotgun most of the time, some under center. Picked off on first throw of game, accurate roll out pass on a curl route, CB just jumped the route and made a nice play (14:25, Q1). Screen pass to RB, drop (9:51, Q1). Absolute bullet on intermediate crossing route, WR had it clang off his hands (9:47, Q1). Superb back shoulder throw down sideline for chunk gain (8:29, Q1). Chunk gain on Go route down opposite hash, nice throw again (7:52, Q1). Nice throw on intermediate out route to TE on 3rd down (7:40, Q2). Does a fine job working outside the numbers. Playaction pass, hit WR on intermediate slant route for a chunk gain, another absolute missile with excellent accuracy (7:13, Q2). Fifty yard bomb on Go route, overthrew him at the goal line by a few yards (7:00, Q2). Screen to the FB for a chunk gain, nice ball placement to hit him perfectly in stride (6:08, Q2). Inside slant from slot by RB, drop (3:40, Q2). That was probably going to be a big play, had some room to run. Incredible throw towards the end of the second quarter (3:30, 2Q) where he rolled out under pressure and rifled it back across his body to the WR at the sideline, just above the DBs reach. Nice play all around. Nice deep ball on Go route in end zone, CB able to knock it away. Some really nice screen plays at the end of the half and starting the second half to pick up some key first downs. Nice throw up the sideline to hit wide open RB on wheel route in stride for a chunk gain (11:35, 3Q). RPO keeper for a 10 yard TD on the next play, just enough athleticism to get outside and dive for the end zone. Aww, on review they placed it at the one foot line, no TD. Nice TD throw on rollout a few plays later (10:38, 3Q). Took handoff under center, playaction boot leg, hit TE for a nice gain (3:15, 3Q). INT on miscommunication with WR up sideline, he threw a back shoulder, WR went deep, easy pick (1:45, 3Q). Continues to be very safe with the ball, scans field, throws away on bootleg (14:30, 4Q). Following play, showed off some nice elusiveness in the pocket and athleticism on his scramble. Has looked good on roll out passes the majority of this game, good accuracy and touch (10:12, 4Q). Had a potential long TD on a Go route up sideline, Greedy Williams got away with a massive hold of the WR they showed during the replay, throw looked to be on point (8:35, 4Q). Elusiveness in pocket and trying to avoid the rush because his OL can’t block at all (6:20, 4Q). LSU kept the ball the final 6 minutes and kicked a field goal at the buzzer. Loss squarely on Auburn kicker, they should have won this game.

Didn’t see any warts. The first INT was just a great play by the CB and the WR didn’t shield him. Second INT was miscommunication. Outside of those two statistical mistakes, he was dynamite the entire game in terms of accuracy and ball placement. Generally made good decisions, threw the ball away when he should. Missed the two deep balls, but one had the CB literally grab the WR and yank him back to slow him down. Had a few other calls on PI for some yardage as well. Showed good athleticism in the pocket throughout, he’s pretty slippery. Generally continues to look down field even when flushed. I thought this was solid tape, nothing amazing, but definitely nothing concerning.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:31 PM   #102
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

MUG

Thanks, I am going off memory only. But what I remember is his foot placement was lazy, system has to many check with the sidelines and I wished he called the audibles, and that he didn’t square up on his rollouts. I like him and I think with year or two he could be a solid Pro. He is going to time adopt to the pro passing game and his footwork under center need to be practices over and over again.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:52 PM   #103
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?

Fair enough. I think he steps in Day 1 and is ready to roll. Looks plug and play to me. I never saw him play prior to today, but his tape and physical abilities blew me away. So, by no means an expert, but I've done a lot of these QBs now, and he really stands out as polished and complete. Didn't really plan on staking my claim to him, but I'm having trouble seeing flaws. His rollouts are some of his best throws, he's money.

He's in the Senior Bowl now as of today, along with Grier. Lock still hasn't accepted. Lots of pre-draft process to get through, maybe one or both of us will modify our views as this thing moves along. I appreciate the debate on the prospect as always.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:21 PM   #104
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

MUG I do to. The one QB that I don’t not want at all is Grier. I don’t not like how he twist his body on throws.

The Senior Bowl will be good step to look at this QB. Like you I think this class as good as last year, and folks think its down year because most of the really good QB haven’t played at “big” name programs.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:23 PM   #105
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

If Haskins and Herbert come out I honestly think this is a pretty damn good QB class. It lacks the clear-cut top 5 guys, but it's got a lot of guys in the next tier below it. Stidham is one of those.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:15 PM   #106
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Looks like Haskins is coming out, but will Denver have a shot at any of them.

Quote:

LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:07 PM   #107
Endzo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Denver seems pretty desperate for a QB and a CB. I bet these will be our first pick. Or maybe QB Rd 1 and CB Rd 2.

Keenum is just so bad.
Endzo is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: