The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2018, 08:26 AM   #501
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

Iíve been doing some research on properties in Denver. Any advice on buying a townhome/condo as an additional income stream? Canít afford another place in the LA area but Denver market looks appealing.

Some of you may be doing this (Meck I think) and wondering what your experience is/was?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:02 PM   #502
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Thoughts on Tencent?

They are way down, but was thinking about investing a little in them.
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:06 PM   #503
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
Thoughts on Tencent?

They are way down, but was thinking about investing a little in them.
This response may not be what you are looking for, but since you said in earlier posts you are new to investing, I thought I would share with you my philosophy for buying individual stocks. All I know is I wish I had this philosophy ingrained in me when I was in my 20ís. This is the over-simplified version:

The US market is now in a confirmed correction, and how long it will last is anyoneís guess. But even so, the S&P 500 still up about 1.6% for 2018. However, the Chinese stock market has been even worse this year. Quite a bit worse, as a matter of fact. A Chinese Large Cap ETF (FXI) I follow is down almost 19% for the year. I bring this up for a reason.

Just so you know where I am coming from, when I invest in individual stocks, I usually only invest when the market is bullish, and then I narrow down to the strongest growth stocks in the strongest sectors of the market. I donít bottom fish; been there, done that, and it isnít pretty. It my rules, and yes I have rules for trading. Others may have other opinions, and thatís ok.

Right now all my aggressive money is in cash, short-term bond funds, or bearish strategies. Iíll change my stance when the stock market reverses to a confirmed uptrend.

As I have said before on this thread, I donít give specific investment advice to anyone that is not one of my clients, but I will gladly answer questions for anyone that wants. Just be aware that I donít tell people what they want to hear; I tell them the way I see it.

However, Iíll answer your question above this way: While the company itself may be fine, and actually I donít know because I donít follow it right now, it is extremely weak in a foreign stock market that is also extremely weak. As I mentioned above, the US markets are much stronger, and have been since about June.

But if I thought Tencent had the possibilty to be the next Bidu or Alibaba, I would take this time that itís depressed, and research the hell out of it, and then wait until the Chinese markets and the stock itself start to show greater relative strength than other countries and stocks over a period of time.

If you would like the best book I have ever read on this philosophy, you can check out How to Make Money in Stocks by William OíNeil, the founder of Investors Business Daily.

Feel free to PM me if you have other questions. But if this philosophy is not for you, thatís ok, I wonít get offended. Either way, good luck.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:35 AM   #504
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Gonna get a nice block of STOR shares pretty soon.

I need to add to my army of REITs.
3B. Marcell Ateman, WR Oklahoma State
4A. Parry Nickerson, CB Tulane
4B. Oren Burks, S/"Big Nickel"/OLB/Star Vanderbilt (MUG's No. 1 overall prospect)
5. Josh Adams, RB Notre Dame
6. Matthew Thomas, OLB Florida State
7A. Cole Madison, G Washington State
7B. Natrell Jamerson, FS Wisconsin
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:37 AM   #505
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

fed raises rates and nobody questions why they have the power to do it.

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 10-11-2018 at 09:07 AM..
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:29 PM   #506
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

For anybody looking to make a quick buck.... see what I did there. Thatís your que to stop listening or be hesitant.

Pull out of some positions before the elections. Let the left win a ton of seats in the elections, market will overreact-about three days after election buy into a total market index and catch a 5% quick gain. You canít time the market! But you sure can time elections!
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote