The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who do you take?
Josh Rosen 35 15.77%
Sam Darnold 50 22.52%
Lamar Jackson 25 11.26%
Baker Mayfield 64 28.83%
Josh Allen 31 13.96%
Someone else 17 7.66%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2017, 08:13 AM   #76
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
. Keep em coming. Here's the stat line from that game. 15/21 for 216 yards 2 TD 0 INT. 156 yards rushing - 8.7 yard average.

Hey, I get that times are tough and plane tickets are expensive.
And he STILL a skinny biotch.
socalorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:15 AM   #77
OmegaBronco13
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
And he STILL a skinny biotch.
Maybe they can try skyping.
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:17 AM   #78
favson
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think there are several ways Denver could go...

1) Take Darnold. (if still available) I agree with the poster who mentioned by the time draft rolls around, he will be considered the "most" ready to go.

2) Jackson. Very athletic and seems to be a "football player". It will take him a year to make an impact but the comparisons to Vick are real.

I would not mind either one of them. However, there is still Kelly on the roster. We are not privy to practices and meetings but I can see the coaching staff (smh) giving Kelly a serious look. Especially if Jackson is taken. I'm not suggesting Kelly as QBOTF but I do think Kelly and Jackson will be able to run the same offense. This should mean a somewhat easy transition for Jackson.

I'm too lazy to look up Siemian's contract but it's possible he will be the third QB with either one of these picks. If his contract is prohibitive, then he is gone (released) and it's possible Lynch stays. (ugh)

It's possible to see...
QB1- Kelly
QB2- Darnold or Jackson
QB3- Siemian or Lynch (I truly don't want to see Lynch at all)

Another scenario is a trade for Luck. Denver will give up their 1st in the draft (and more!)

If Luck is landed...
QB1- Luck (duh)
QB2- Kelly
QB3- (because I believe Siemian is also packaged in the trade)

On a side note...
I am a little apprehensive about Luck's shoulder and his overall health. If Denver truly tries to make this happen, I would hope (again...smh) they are convinced he's healthy.
While I really can't put my finger on it and can't validate my personal opinion, I hope they stay away from Cousins and Manning.
favson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:18 AM   #79
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Maybe they can try skyping.
It would be unbelievably, unbelievable!
Old 11-29-2017, 08:22 AM   #80
OmegaBronco13
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
It would be unbelievably, unbelievable!
Nope. LJ in Denver would be glorious. His stats are unbelievably, unbelievable!
Old 11-29-2017, 08:31 AM   #81
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Iím done with QBs who need systems to produce. No more upside crap. Jackson is inaccurate. Plain and simple. Heís athletic and runs but the nfl has chewed and spit out these kinds of QBs routinely.

This team needs a day 1 starter. That has to be a FA. I donít see a day 1 starter in the draft. Rosen is about the close to it due to he has the best mechanics and actually can play from under center.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:32 AM   #82
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Nope. LJ in Denver would be glorious. His stats are unbelievably, unbelievable!
His stats need to put some weight on his unbelievably skinny, biotch @$$.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:59 AM   #83
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

I was watching an interview of Jackson last night, and all I can say is that he makes Lynch look like a genius. Good lord...
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:01 AM   #84
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Iím done with QBs who need systems to produce. No more upside crap. Jackson is inaccurate. Plain and simple. Heís athletic and runs but the nfl has chewed and spit out these kinds of QBs routinely.

This team needs a day 1 starter. That has to be a FA. I donít see a day 1 starter in the draft. Rosen is about the close to it due to he has the best mechanics and actually can play from under center.
You can start most rookies day one, as long as you accept that itís going to be rough early on.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:04 AM   #85
OmegaBronco13
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Plain and simple.! You guys must love your agents. Are you counting the interceptions as completions as well -LJ passer rating is 151 and Darnold is 147, Rosen 146. Then add around 1500 yards rushing for you know who.

Seriously, why would you want a stationary QB with our OL? PL could move and he still got killed.

FWIW, I think getting LJ is a pipe-dream. He gone first IMO. But hey it's early...Hype all you want. Just don't let those pesky stats get in the way of it.

Last edited by OmegaBronco13; 11-29-2017 at 09:16 AM..
Old 11-29-2017, 09:09 AM   #86
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

3-13 please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
It's interesting to see so many going all-in on Mayfield. I don't mind his height, but the system and conference he plays in gives me pause. My biggest question with him is how smart he is, and how easily he learns and masters complex football concepts. He could very well be another bum like Lynch if he's not driven and a quick learner. Darnold to me is the guy with the highest ceiling, but he's a bit raw.
What can he do when pressured in 2 secs vs 6-8 secs at OU
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:14 AM   #87
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Plain and simple.! You guys must love your agents. Are you counting the interceptions as completions as well -LJ passer rating is 151 and Darnold is 147. Then add around 1500 yards rushing for you know who.

Seriously, why would you want a stationary QB with our OL? PL could move and he still got killed.

FWIW, I think getting LJ is a pipe-dream. He gone first IMO. But hey it's early...Hype all you want. Just don't let those pesky stats get in the way of it.

Stats in college? RG3 far and away better in college than Jackson. Howíd that turn out.

As far as the OL? This is how it will look in 2018? Same RT? This OL has 3 out of 5 decent to good players. Broncos fans cant understand thatís better than a lot of teams who have 0 to 2 decent OL. Bolles is progressing Leary one of the best guards in the league Paradis solid.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:16 AM   #88
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
You can start most rookies day one, as long as you accept that itís going to be rough early on.

I dont see this staff doing that. They couldnít even give Sloter a back up role cause he had no exp. they wonít even let D Henderson see the field.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:21 AM   #89
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
Plain and simple.! You guys must love your agents. Are you counting the interceptions as completions as well -LJ passer rating is 151 and Darnold is 147, Rosen 146. Then add around 1500 yards rushing for you know who.

Tebow's career college passer rating was 170.8. Are you seriously using that as some sort of proof of how good an NFL prospect a guy is? Derp.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:22 AM   #90
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
I dont see this staff doing that. They couldnít even give Sloter a back up role cause he had no exp. they wonít even let D Henderson see the field.
Well that just points to an over-arching issue doesn't it? Namely that we are ****ed until widespread changes take place.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:23 AM   #91
OmegaBronco13
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Stats in college? RG3 far and away better in college than Jackson. Howíd that turn out.

As far as the OL? This is how it will look in 2018? Same RT? This OL has 3 out of 5 decent to good players. Broncos fans cant understand thatís better than a lot of teams who have 0 to 2 decent OL. Bolles is progressing Leary one of the best guards in the league Paradis solid.
Yeah. LJ has almost twice as many rushing yards in 2.5 years as RG3 in 3 years. Plus RG3 already had an ACL injury by the time he got to the league.

Bolles is still getting pushed 6 yards into the backfield.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:25 AM   #92
OmegaBronco13
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Tebow's career college passer rating was 170.8. Are you seriously using that as some sort of proof of how good an NFL prospect a guy is? Derp.
It's either that or listening to the agents and sport writers. I prefer to think I can evaluate talent as well as any English major.

Honestly, Tebow was the OG of getting banned. Kap came along much later.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:26 AM   #93
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
Yeah. LJ has almost twice as many rushing yards in 2.5 years as RG3 in 3 years. Plus RG3 already had an ACL injury by the time he got to the league.

You don't draft a QB to run. You draft them to pass. Jackson has a live arm, but he's very raw in terms of his readiness for the NFL.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:27 AM   #94
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:

Called setting a pocket. Doesn't really work with a QB who doesn't know what a pocket is or how to step up into one.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:30 AM   #95
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:

So we need a new LT too?

This OL isnít as bad as people want it to be. The QBs are. Siemian came into the raiders game and I counted 5-6 seconds he was back there holding the ball. QBs should never hold it that long. They were average 2.6 or better this year which is just fine. The OL seemed to improve when Brock was in there. Wonder why.

Can it be better? Of course. G and RT. But to say itís horrendous and the reason for failure is being lazy. Thereís far worse OLs across the league yet those QBs doing work.

Do not draft one aspect based on the deficiency of another aspect of the team. I donít see any GMs drafting a certain QB because ďthe OL sucksĒ.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:33 AM   #96
OmegaBronco13
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Called setting a pocket. Doesn't really work with a QB who doesn't know what a pocket is or how to step up into one.
I like his attitude. Just doesn't look like he has all his strength. Hopefully that improves. When he sacked Brock was that setting the pocket?
Old 11-29-2017, 09:37 AM   #97
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Now that I know Lamar Jackson is borderline retarded, I'm really scared Elway is going to pick him...
Old 11-29-2017, 09:37 AM   #98
OmegaBronco13
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So we need a new LT too?

This OL isnít as bad as people want it to be. The QBs are. Siemian came into the raiders game and I counted 5-6 seconds he was back there holding the ball. QBs should never hold it that long. They were average 2.6 or better this year which is just fine. The OL seemed to improve when Brock was in there. Wonder why.

Can it be better? Of course. G and RT. But to say itís horrendous and the reason for failure is being lazy. Thereís far worse OLs across the league yet those QBs doing work.

Do not draft one aspect based on the deficiency of another aspect of the team. I donít see any GMs drafting a certain QB because ďthe OL sucksĒ.

Can you imagine if LJ was at USC/UCLA an Darnold/Rosen was at UofL? . Good times.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:38 AM   #99
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
I like his attitude. Just doesn't look like he has all his strength. Hopefully that improves. When he sacked Brock was that setting the pocket?
Coming out it was widely known he needed to bulk up and gain some strength in the NFL. His main struggle has definitely appeared to be strength-related. Fortunately that's something that can be fixed fairly easily.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:39 AM   #100
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

Quote:
Can you imagine if LJ was at USC/UCLA an Darnold/Rosen was at UofL? . Good times.
Louisville has a good amount of talent. Just stop.