The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2017, 10:04 AM   #26
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBlue View Post
I will argue that all day. Loyalty starts by showing people that they are valued and an asset, you do that by showing them the money. Taking away free agency and allowing billionaire owners to dictate everything it would be the worst decision in sports. Those guys get drafted onto teams they don't care about and they are forced to stick with them for what reason, loyalty. That is a two way street, brother.
Wrong. I'll take players that were loyal to there team and are Broncos out of pride over so some Joe Blow that just wants a pay check.

Last edited by Quoydogs; 03-09-2017 at 10:07 AM..
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:05 AM   #27
wolf754life
MACHINE GUN KELLY

KELLY in 2018

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#KELLYREDEEMED!

hoping this doesn't happen

the guy doesn't prioritize winning

not worth the $$$
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:06 AM   #28
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

the Jags kill me.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:07 AM   #29
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Seeing on twitter that Campbell would take hometown discount for Broncos. But Im assuming that we would still need to be close to the 14 he is getting in Jax and thats a ton of cash. Still, if we arent going Romo and we are confident in Siemian with a better OL then who cares!

Yeah, i just convinced myself. Im off the Romo train. Strong OL and Elite defense and this team will always be in the hunt. Do it.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:07 AM   #30
M-G
Kicker and Screamer

MGK now, MGK in 2018, MGK Forever!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MGK

M-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:08 AM   #31
Ol#7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Wrong. I'll take players that were loyal to there team and are Broncos for life so some Joe Blow that just wants a pay check.
You do have a point, and this is something Elway focuses a lot on as well. The Wade Phillips HC years, we signed a lot of guys, some of which (mostly on D) were just cashing checks. Looked great on paper, the results on the field...not so much.
Ol#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:08 AM   #32
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

There is no personal income tax in Florida. Florida Sales Tax: Florida sales tax rate is 6%. Florida State Tax: Florida does not have a state income tax. Florida Corporate Income Tax: Corporations that do business and earn income in Florida must file a corporate income tax return (unless they are exempt).
Old 03-09-2017, 10:09 AM   #33
go_broncos
Fire Vance Joseph

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

no state tax, nice weather, beaches..

Elway has to offer lot more to convince Campbell.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:09 AM   #34
Ol#7
Ring of Famer

Though if were about to punk another NFL FO, one that routinely raids our FA's, I say eff them, lets do this!
Old 03-09-2017, 10:09 AM   #35
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-G View Post
Go get him Talib!!!
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #36
champhalloffamer
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Not sure how I feel about this. Big Al was talking about it last night and said he is best suited as a 4-3 end and not a 5 tech. That is a lot of money for a 3-4 lineman. His size suggests he would be a good fit, but I wonder if maybe we are reaching here and giving a big contract up at that.
Big Al i love big al but he has some crazy opinions on players. campbell is a 3-4DE who plays mostly 5-tech but can also play 4T. he plays 3T in sub packages and could probably play at nose in base at a pinch. he basically can play anywhere along the front and is an upgrade over malik jackson IMO.
champhalloffamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #37
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
no state tax, nice weather, beaches..

Elway has to offer lot more to convince Campbell.

He doesnt need too. Weve got Talib doing the leg work. If Elway is God, Talib is the black jesus. He will be a Bronco Brudda shortly.
#Talibalwayswins
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:11 AM   #38
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Not sure how I feel about this. Big Al was talking about it last night and said he is best suited as a 4-3 end
That can't be right. Dude is 6-8 and over 300 pounds. That is not a 4-3 end.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:12 AM   #39
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

"Colorado's state income tax rate is a flat 4.63% of your federal taxable income, regardless of your income level. More on Colorado taxes can be found in the tabbed pages below. Personal income tax. The Colorado income tax rate is a flat 4.63% of your federal taxable income, regardless of income level."

So there is roughly 5 percent right there.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #40
bronkeezy
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Campbell has also never played on a defense that had this many pass rushing threats, wouldn't surprise me if his game was more than we expected considering he won't me receiving a double team nearly as much as he does now.
bronkeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #41
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Wrong. I'll take players that were loyal to there team and are Broncos out of pride over so some Joe Blow that just wants a pay check.
Of course you will. If you were a player you would feel differently. There are a lot of factors. The team you love is also a company and the players are employees. Their relationship with management is different than yours with the neverending feel goods that you get sold as a consumer. When an organization treats its players well, its great to see players re sign when the market and cap situation allows. But i would never fault a guy for leaving for more money. By nature of math, 90% of these guys are not elite compared to their peers and even those that are wont be able to do it over the long term for whatever reason. They should cash in while they can, especially after having spent the best years of their lives training constantly and running their bodies ragged.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:15 AM   #42
M-G
Kicker and Screamer

MGK now, MGK in 2018, MGK Forever!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MGK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
"Colorado's state income tax rate is a flat 4.63% of your federal taxable income, regardless of your income level. More on Colorado taxes can be found in the tabbed pages below. Personal income tax. The Colorado income tax rate is a flat 4.63% of your federal taxable income, regardless of income level."

So there is roughly 5 percent right there.
I've talked to some people on this. They tell me you essentially cut the rate in half (roughly) because you pay the state tax for where you play the games. So if you play a road game in, say, California, you're ****ed that week.
M-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:18 AM   #43
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
I've talked to some people on this. They tell me you essentially cut the rate in half (roughly) because you pay the state tax for where you play the games. So if you play a road game in, say, California, you're ****ed that week.
True. you are taxed in the state where you earned, but the flat tax rate also applies to bonuses. So the SOC will get roughly 5 percent of that bonus. Florida has no state income tax, so CC doesn't have to pony up that 5 percent on the signing bonus.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:19 AM   #44
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

LMAO

Google shows Campbell as a Denver Bronco.

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:20 AM   #45
Ol#7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
Of course you will. If you were a player you would feel differently. There are a lot of factors. The team you love is also a company and the players are employees. Their relationship with management is different than yours with the neverending feel goods that you get sold as a consumer. When an organization treats its players well, its great to see players re sign when the market and cap situation allows. But i would never fault a guy for leaving for more money. By nature of math, 90% of these guys are not elite compared to their peers and even those that are wont be able to do it over the long term for whatever reason. They should cash in while they can, especially after having spent the best years of their lives training constantly and running their bodies ragged.
Also, consider the team that drafts these guys, that is the team that 'believed in them' and gave them a shot. Same as if you are unemployed, the company that hires you earns a bit of loyalty at first. I think that's the mindset a lot of these guys have, it's also why some players give hometown discounts.

Now, that's not to say you should never chase a better opportunity, but that is only 1 factor.

Denver is in an enviable position being able to attract guys that want to get paid AND win. You can waste that cred, but it exists right now.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:21 AM   #46
Ziggy
Ring of Famer

Noob

Campbell grew up here. Let's hope he wants to come home.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:22 AM   #47
pricejj
jungle

Campbell about to steal Romo's contract.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:23 AM   #48
Ol#7
Ring of Famer

Also, I love Talib. I psychologically want to bare his children.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:25 AM   #49
qbronco
Lifelong Fan

Coercive Apathy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Campbell about to steal Romo's contract.
One can only hope
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:25 AM   #50
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Jags in the AFCS so they play in Texas and Tenn, neither of which have income tax. Conversly, the Broncos play in Cali 2x.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote