The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2018, 07:44 PM   #176
rmsanger
Elway > PFM
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart
Default

Lindsey Vonn hasn’t choked this hard since her Tiger days.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:58 PM   #177
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Make the NFL Great Again

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10,502

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Way too much gay in this Olympics

Name:  Gay.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  111.8 KB
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:07 PM   #178
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

The flamboyance is over the top
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:09 PM   #179
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Lindsey Vonn hasnít choked this hard since her Tiger days.
She didnít get gold but she didnít choke either. The joke was dumb.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:29 PM   #180
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Make the NFL Great Again

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10,502

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Lindsey Vonn hasnít choked this hard since her Tiger days.
Tiger pulled out of the AT&T and then he pulled out of Lindsey and she went downhill after that.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:53 PM   #181
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Tiger pulled out of the AT&T and then he pulled out of Lindsey and she went downhill after that.
That was better but still bad
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:16 AM   #182
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan
 
hades's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time
Posts: 3,118
Default

Well, the French ice skating wardrobe malfunction was a nice site to see, I heard.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:11 AM   #183
rmsanger
Elway > PFM
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
Well, the French ice skating wardrobe malfunction was a nice site to see, I heard.
Sheís Greek hook nose and little pointer nip. Nothing special to see..
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:24 AM   #184
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 52,839

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

I've noticed NBC isn't showing male events in prime time...the only one I recall is the Men's halfpipe.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:42 AM   #185
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I've noticed NBC isn't showing male events in prime time...the only one I recall is the Men's halfpipe.
You must have just missed it, there have been a bunch of menís events in prime time, downhill, half pipe, aerial, slope style, skating to name a few. I have noticed though if an American isnít in contention the coverage is minimal.

Donít plan on seeing any more menís hockey in prime time now that we are out of it.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:57 AM   #186
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 
Since 1986

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 19,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I've noticed NBC isn't showing male events in prime time...the only one I recall is the Men's halfpipe.
NBC has gone full "story line" instead of just showing the events. They've been heading this way for years and it's really hurt their coverage of the Olympics.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:57 AM   #187
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 52,839

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
You must have just missed it, there have been a bunch of menís events in prime time, downhill, half pipe, aerial, slope style, skating to name a few. I have noticed though if an American isnít in contention the coverage is minimal.

Donít plan on seeing any more menís hockey in prime time now that we are out of it.
Maybe so. I am not complaining per se, watching some of those fine ladies in their tight outfits is cool. I've noticed the lack of event coverage also and I am not only interested in seeing the US led events. The Winter games have never been our best, and people should be used to it by now.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:23 AM   #188
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 31,414

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
NBC has gone full "story line" instead of just showing the events. They've been heading this way for years and it's really hurt their coverage of the Olympics.
It seemed like they skipped out on most of the hockey game last night, but I was switching between NBC and NBCSN so maybe I missed something.

Did they really miss most of the men's hockey game for more figure skating?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:29 AM   #189
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 3,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
NBC has gone full "story line" instead of just showing the events. They've been heading this way for years and it's really hurt their coverage of the Olympics.
I feel like both summer and winter have been doing that for years. I get that there are some good stories out there but not every stinking athlete. I don't know if it is me getting older or what but I have had minimal interest in the Olympics this year.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:38 AM   #190
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 
Since 1986

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 19,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It seemed like they skipped out on most of the hockey game last night, but I was switching between NBC and NBCSN so maybe I missed something.

Did they really miss most of the men's hockey game for more figure skating?
No idea, We've recorded most of the days/nights, but haven't watched much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
I feel like both summer and winter have been doing that for years. I get that there are some good stories out there but not every stinking athlete. I don't know if it is me getting older or what but I have had minimal interest in the Olympics this year.
Yeah, it's been getting worse each Olympics.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:08 AM   #191
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It seemed like they skipped out on most of the hockey game last night, but I was switching between NBC and NBCSN so maybe I missed something.

Did they really miss most of the men's hockey game for more figure skating?
I think it may have been on one of the alternate channels. Glad i didn't watch given the outcome.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:16 AM   #192
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 9,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Way too much gay in this Olympics

Attachment 40461
he is the gay poster boy.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:17 AM   #193
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 9,890
Default

biathlon, short trac !
WTF is Xcross?
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:27 AM   #194
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 31,414

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
I think it may have been on one of the alternate channels. Glad i didn't watch given the outcome.
Yeah. But had the shootout gone the other way, I would've been more pissed about having missed so much of it.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:11 AM   #195
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 54,449

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I feel like the past two winter Olympics the US has done terribly. And the way countries recruit people to compete for them, like how the Russians got some Korean for them, and the Russians got caught cheating, it's just made the whole thing not fun.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:25 AM   #196
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 31,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I feel like the past two winter Olympics the US has done terribly. And the way countries recruit people to compete for them, like how the Russians got some Korean for them, and the Russians got caught cheating, it's just made the whole thing not fun.


Isnít the US not as great overall over the years though? I thought they were better in summer than winter over the years. Cold countries like Norway do great.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:28 AM   #197
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
NBC has gone full "story line" instead of just showing the events. They've been heading this way for years and it's really hurt their coverage of the Olympics.
My hunch would be that this is because women are the target of Olympics viewership, and women like that stuff.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:05 PM   #198
DHallblows
Ring of Famer
 
DHallblows's Avatar
 
scio me nihil scire

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Littleton
Posts: 3,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Isnít the US not as great overall over the years though? I thought they were better in summer than winter over the years. Cold countries like Norway do great.
If by "not as great" you mean the US is #1 in total Summer medals and only #2 in total Winter medals.
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #199
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 31,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
If by "not as great" you mean the US is #1 in total Summer medals and only #2 in total Winter medals.



Ok. So technically what I said was correct. Iíd also expect a team with tons more athletes to have higher medal counts. I just can understand how cold countries could do well. Canada is beasting too.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:39 PM   #200
maven
#happy
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 13,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Haha. Donít worry weíve had plenty come out of the California side of South Lake Tahoe!


Itís funny how she did it. Entering every contest around the world, a lot of which had less than 30 skiers, is the loophole. If thereís less than 30 it helps her qualify.

Hate it or like it, sheís widely known now.


http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/o...-a8218991.html

ďNo, it was Swaney alright. She reached the 2018 Winter Olympics through a combination of cunning, awareness and exploitation of a sheer lack of female halfpipe skiers. Qualification for the Olympics involves achieving a certain number of top-30 World Cup finishes, and Swaney ensured she achieved 13 of them by simply turning up and competing at events where there were fewer than 30 athletes competing.Ē
I think it's badass she discovered the loophole and now can claim olympian.

This is very rare as all the travel and expense would put most people out from doing it.

What I'd like to know.

What's the next loophole sport I can get into for 2020/22
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:09 AM.


Denver Broncos