The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2018, 09:41 AM   #51
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 53,601

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel
Default

If Talib isn't on the team next year it is probably more due to his relationship with John than his play.

I would like to see him stay for another year or 2 but I am trying to come to peace with the fact he is gone.

Chefs also rumored to trying to trade Peters. They would probably go after the younger Butler but Talib would be nice 2nd option for them if they get what they want for Peters.

Trading Peters would kill the market for a Talib trade though. It would be a crazy off season to have 2 great CB's and a bunch of good QB's in the FA market all at once.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:49 AM   #52
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 42,851

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
If Talib isn't on the team next year it is probably more due to his relationship with John than his play.

I would like to see him stay for another year or 2 but I am trying to come to peace with the fact he is gone.

Chefs also rumored to trying to trade Peters. They would probably go after the younger Butler but Talib would be nice 2nd option for them if they get what they want for Peters.

Trading Peters would kill the market for a Talib trade though. It would be a crazy off season to have 2 great CB's and a bunch of good QB's in the FA market all at once.
Why do they wanna trade Peters?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:33 AM   #53
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer
 
SleepingTiger's Avatar
 
Ole J

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lucas TX
Posts: 3,562

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendReturns View Post
Wolf is an idiot... but there is no denying that Elway has been engaged in screw up after screw up for quite awhile now : O line free agents (minus Leary), the draft, cutting players who go on to play well for other teams, etc. We are at a low point as a franchise right now... and if Elway makes decisions that push us even lower... well?
We won the SB 2 yrs ago. If this team can win the SB once every 5 years, I will take screw up after screw up.

Curious, what players did we cut that played well for other teams?

We signed Okung, Leary, Stephenson and Watson. Watson and Stephenson weren't these high priced FA. They were bargain bin players. Elway signed these two hoping he could turn a turd into diamond. So they suck, so what. The team didn't have the cap space to keep the defense intact so they signed cheap FA.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:34 AM   #54
orange crusher
Predominately Orange
 
orange crusher's Avatar
 
Mile High No Fly

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 3,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
If Talib isn't on the team next year it is probably more due to his relationship with John than his play.
-or- Joseph isnít able to manage strong personalities in the locker room and needs more yes men.
orange crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:00 AM   #55
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 36,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
or we can cut Anderson, Watson, decline option on Wolfe and cut Talib. This frees up enough money to sign Cousins, draft Nelson or Chubb, and still have enough money to sign Juwan James.

Our Oline is immediately fixed, QB position fixed and our secondary sees a slight drop off.
You don't need to do all those moves to sign Cousins.

Talib is playing at a high level. No need to get rid of him unless you can get something back in trade value. Cutting Pro-Bowl dudes is a bad move.

And why would you want to bring in Juwan James? Oft-injured, mediocre player. No thanks.

Denver can get the $ to go after Cousins without having to get rid of players like Aqib Talib. Trim fat elsewhere, get a few restructures and you are there.
__________________
2018 Denver Broncos GM (OM Mock Draft)

Draft Picks:

Round 1: 5th overall - Quenton Nelson, G - Notre Dame
Round 2: 24th overall - Ronald Jones, RB - USC
Round 3: 74th overall - Jamarco Jones, OT - Ohio State
Round 4: 109th overall - Jeff Holland, OLB/PRS - Auburn
Round 4: 128th overall - JC Jackson, CB - Maryland
Round 5: 161st overall - Tegray Scales, LB - Indiana
Round 5: 163rd overall - Jaleel Scott, WR - New Mexico State
Round 6: 182nd overall - Durham Smythe, TE - Notre Dame
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:28 PM   #56
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer
 
SleepingTiger's Avatar
 
Ole J

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lucas TX
Posts: 3,562

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
You don't need to do all those moves to sign Cousins.

Talib is playing at a high level. No need to get rid of him unless you can get something back in trade value. Cutting Pro-Bowl dudes is a bad move.

And why would you want to bring in Juwan James? Oft-injured, mediocre player. No thanks.

Denver can get the $ to go after Cousins without having to get rid of players like Aqib Talib. Trim fat elsewhere, get a few restructures and you are there.
That is alot of money tied up in one position.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #57
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer
 
GoneFishin''s Avatar
 
Longtime listener first time caller

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 7,313

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:11 AM   #58
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
I have a feeling he wore out his welcome in other ways. Attitude issues, not giving full effort at times, etc. I hope I'm wrong and he's back, but it seems like the writing is on the wall.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:17 AM   #59
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I have a feeling he wore out his welcome in other ways. Attitude issues, not giving full effort at times, etc. I hope I'm wrong and he's back, but it seems like the writing is on the wall.
Heís got the respect of the players and is a leader on that defense. He may not be your typical leader,but heís a veteran leader. I hope they can restructure the contract rather than cut him.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:20 AM   #60
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 
Since 1986

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 19,973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post

We'd be stupid to cut him - got to be someone out there who would throw a 3rd or 4th our way, even conditional. Also, why the different year $'s in the tweet? We'd save all $19m in cash with a $1m cap hit for those 2 years.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:20 AM   #61
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,967
Default

Denver wants to get Roby on the field as a CB1 along with CHJ . Which means Talib would fall to CB3 .
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:49 AM   #62
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I have a feeling he wore out his welcome in other ways. Attitude issues, not giving full effort at times, etc. I hope I'm wrong and he's back, but it seems like the writing is on the wall.
He's been one of our best defensive players since he's been here.
Worn out his welcome by what? Talking and telling the truth?
Hell, he was one of the main guys to support Woods to DC and for Vance as HC.
If anything, Elway should want him for that alone.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:51 AM   #63
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 18,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Denver wants to get Roby on the field as a CB1 along with CHJ . Which means Talib would fall to CB3 .
Still really stupid. Regardless of who he's playing against, he's a huge win at that position.
socalorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:21 AM   #64
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 31,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post



Yet our FO is clueless about his value next 2 years.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:22 AM   #65
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 31,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I have a feeling he wore out his welcome in other ways. Attitude issues, not giving full effort at times, etc. I hope I'm wrong and he's back, but it seems like the writing is on the wall.
More like a head coach who cannot handle strong personalities.

Kubiak Wade and Fox had no problem.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #66
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 31,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Denver wants to get Roby on the field as a CB1 along with CHJ . Which means Talib would fall to CB3 .


Roby was on the field a lot. Harris played in the slot quite a bit last year.





Harris thrives in the slot. Roby and Talib on the outside. Harris can rotate if needed.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 03-07-2018 at 10:25 AM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:39 AM   #67
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
He's been one of our best defensive players since he's been here.
Worn out his welcome by what? Talking and telling the truth?
Hell, he was one of the main guys to support Woods to DC and for Vance as HC.
If anything, Elway should want him for that alone.
I don't know, you tell me. You act as if this is the first you've heard of this speculation. Were you asleep all season?

Report: Talib caused locker room 'turmoil' after Ward's release
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:55 AM   #68
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 31,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I don't know, you tell me. You act as if this is the first you've heard of this speculation. Were you asleep all season?

Report: Talib caused locker room 'turmoil' after Ward's release


Chris Harris was too. We should cut him.

The outlet claims fellow defensive back Chris Harris Jr. joined Talib in airing their grievances. Harris, unlike Talib, also went public on multiple occasions, asserting that Ward's departure affected Denver's vaunted secondary, which was uncharacteristically susceptible in 2017.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:09 AM   #69
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Chris Harris was too. We should cut him.
Harris is 4 years younger and less expensive.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:12 AM   #70
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer
 
GoneFishin''s Avatar
 
Longtime listener first time caller

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 7,313

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Dmac has been saying that Talib absolutely does not get a long with VJ.

To me, there's a simple solution for that and it involves keeping Talib.
GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:16 AM   #71
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 33,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
Dmac has been saying that Talib absolutely does not get a long with VJ.

To me, there's a simple solution for that and it involves keeping Talib.
Lol, yeah. Just goes to show there are two kinds of decisions: football decisions, and business decisions.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:46 AM   #72
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 18,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
That's what's bugging me about this whole thing. This is a guy that's pretty much out performing his contract, and they would get rid of him?!?! That's just dumb.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #73
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 18,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Heís got the respect of the players and is a leader on that defense. He may not be your typical leader,but heís a veteran leader. I hope they can restructure the contract rather than cut him.
I'd say that there are high character leaders, who have clean images and do everything the right way, so player listen to what they say. There are leaders who lead by example, who may not be so vocal but they work hard, and players tend to follow their lead. Then there are those emotional leaders, who probably have an attitude, and probably don't have the highest character. But they ball out and if other players aren't putting in the work to ball out too, the emotional leaders will let them have it. That type of leader is great for a winning team, but can be problems for a losing team. Talib was great when the team was winning, and he wasn't a problem until last year.

Based on his contract and what he means to the team, it's way smarter to keep him and deal with whatever character flaws that he has. I don't think that he's that much of a problem to where he's a lockerroom cancer.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:04 PM   #74
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer
 
SleepingTiger's Avatar
 
Ole J

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lucas TX
Posts: 3,562

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles
Default

man, don't you guys understand that its not about the value of the contract. Its about filling holes. You got huge holes everywhere on the team and you guys want to keep 3 shutdown corners on the team.

Simple question, who has more impact on the Broncos? Talib or Solder?
Its simple, Solder will have more of an impact. Talib even though the contract is a great deal is a luxury. A luxury this team can't afford when your tackles, lb and qb is trash.

Maners whine that the QB sucks, the LB suck, the Oline sucks. You want them, sacrifices must be made.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:11 PM   #75
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
3-13 please

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 11,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
man, don't you guys understand that its not about the value of the contract. Its about filling holes. You got huge holes everywhere on the team and you guys want to keep 3 shutdown corners on the team.

Simple question, who has more impact on the Broncos? Talib or Solder?
Its simple, Solder will have more of an impact. Talib even though the contract is a great deal is a luxury. A luxury this team can't afford when your tackles, lb and qb is trash.

Maners whine that the QB sucks, the LB suck, the Oline sucks. You want them, sacrifices must be made.
Solder isn't what he used to be. Talib is better of the two by a mile. Solder is a need position though but, he's not the guy I want in FA.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Denver Broncos