The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2018, 11:18 AM   #576
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I'd take Virgil Green at RT over Turnstile in a New York second to pass block.

I don't think the Pats have ever had a line as bad as the one I've seen the last couple of years.

Every position on this line except center is a question mark. Bolles surrendered 8 1/2 sacks last year and a lot of penalties. Will he be better after having started a year? Probably...hopefully, but we don't know for sure. McGovern has promise but is not yet proven, Leary has a degenerative knee and missed time last year, and we don't know for sure what kind of recovery the Hulk has made from his injuries. Best case scenario...they all live up to expectations and remain healthy. If they do, we've got an improved line and this O will put up some points finally. If we get a couple injuries, all bets are off, because the depth is virtually non-existent.

They haven’t had total trash at QB behind those lines either. Start Siemian on that team and suddenly that OL looks worse.

We even saw a small bit of change when Brock was in there.

QBs have direct impacts on their OLs, along with the OL players themselves. They need to improve, but it’s not Seattle/Houston bad like some claim.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 07-10-2018 at 11:21 AM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:22 AM   #577
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
They haven’t had total trash at QB behind those lines either. Start Siemian on that team and suddenly that OL looks worse.

We even saw a small bit of change when Brock was in there.

QBs have direct impacts on their OLs, along with the OL players themselves. They need to improve, but it’s not Seattle/Houston bad like some claim.
So Siemian isn't Brady?

Who knew?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:52 AM   #578
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
So Siemian isn't Brady?

Who knew?

You’re the one who said Brady would get slaughtered behind Broncos OL.

They are SB contenders with Brady and the broncos OL. Even Carr made Watson look better.

I’m among the most pessimistic here and even I believe the OL will look completely different than last 2 years.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:06 PM   #579
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
You’re the one who said Brady would get slaughtered behind Broncos OL.

They are SB contenders with Brady and the broncos OL. Even Carr made Watson look better.

I’m among the most pessimistic here and even I believe the OL will look completely different than last 2 years.
Not if we have ANY significant injuries it won't...there is zero depth.

Using Brady or Manning, the two most cerebral QB's of the last 25 years, to suggest that the O-line is just fine if we only had anyone else but Siemian...doesn't really do much for me.

Let me know when we've got the next Manning under center, and I'll share in your boundless optimism.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:05 PM   #580
Strip Sacked
Peanut Smasher

You're dead to me Peanut.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
E. Sanders

Siemian gets bashed a lot, but I think he’s a smart guy and a serviceable quarterback. He was able to absorb knowledge and apply it to his play better than any QB we’ve had on the roster from Manning til now.

Serviceable QB play isn’t anything any team should strive for. Second string Is a different story. I think Trevor makes a competent backup for any team. His job will be what he does best. Study the offense, be used only when necessary. He will be some franchise’s Kubiak.
Strip Sacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:52 PM   #581
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:

Using Brady or Manning, the two most cerebral QB's of the last 25 years, to suggest that the O-line is just fine if we only had anyone else but Siemian...doesn't really do much for me.

Let me know when we've got the next Manning under center, and I'll share in your boundless optimism.

Ok. Now I’m back to my pessimism. This is a 4 win team.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:44 PM   #582
pricejj
jungle

How did Keenum do last year? Oh that's right...
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:33 AM   #583
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
How did Keenum do last year? Oh that's right...
Well... he lived in the shadow of a #1 defense, put up unspectacular stats, needed a historic choke job by Marcus Williams to get a playoff win, reverted back to a scrub against Philly, and then was shown the door.

They could make a movie about those low INTs though!
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:39 AM   #584
jutang
Ring of Famer

Was it Keenum or really the Minnesota defense that choked during the playoffs? Defense sure didn't look that great against the Saints game and continued their dismal performance against the Eagles.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:06 AM   #585
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutang View Post
Was it Keenum or really the Minnesota defense that choked during the playoffs? Defense sure didn't look that great against the Saints game and continued their dismal performance against the Eagles.
Both. It was a team collapse. Minny's defense was suddenly human which meant the offense had to go into shootout mode. Keenum and his o-line were exposed. The end.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:19 AM   #586
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutang View Post
It was the Eagle's buzzsaw and they whole Minny team played like crap. It happens sometimes when you can't do anything right. SB 48 is an example.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #587
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:

You don’t have to have a Manning or a Brady for a QB to positively impact your OL. Case (no pun intended) in point is Keenum last season. Minnesota’s OL was not much better than our own (22nd in DVOA versus our 23rd ranked unit). But his ability to allude the rush and make plays made them look better than they were. He was the the 2nd ranked passer in the league under pressure, and they allowed 22 sacks because of his ability to avoid them (not because they we really good). It’s a symbiotic relationship. That’s not to say OL isn’t important, but there are numerous examples (recently, too) of teams winning a SB despite subpar OL play. That’s not to say OL is unimportant, just that there are more ways to win than your myopic vision suggests.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:35 PM   #588
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
It was the Eagle's buzzsaw and they whole Minny team played like crap. It happens sometimes when you can't do anything right. SB 48 is an example.
Eagles were the team of destiny last year, just like we were in 2015. If Roby doesn't force a fumble late in the Stillers game the Manning years would have been dramatically different.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:02 AM   #589
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Whatever happened to that QB camp with WRs Keenum was going to put on in Houston

After that minicamp, players will have off for the summer until reporting back to the Broncos’ facility for the start of training camp in late July. Sometime during that break, players will get together to practice on their own.

“It’s going to be the receivers, quarterbacks, and hopefully we can get some tight ends and running backs as well,” Thomas said. “Case and Emmanuel [Sanders] are out in Houston so we’re trying to figure out where we’re going to throw this summer.”

Should be hearing something about it soon

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 07-12-2018 at 11:05 AM..
Old 07-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #590
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Eagles were the team of destiny last year, just like we were in 2015. If Roby doesn't force a fumble late in the Stillers game the Manning years would have been dramatically different.
You can't say that. Who knows how the game played out. There was 8 min or so left after that(don't remember the exact amount but there was a lot of time left). There isn't a SB winning team that didn't get a play go their way that if it went the other way would have changed the outcome of the season.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #591
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Whatever happened to that QB camp with WRs Keenum was going to put on in Houston

After that minicamp, players will have off for the summer until reporting back to the Broncos’ facility for the start of training camp in late July. Sometime during that break, players will get together to practice on their own.

“It’s going to be the receivers, quarterbacks, and hopefully we can get some tight ends and running backs as well,” Thomas said. “Case and Emmanuel [Sanders] are out in Houston so we’re trying to figure out where we’re going to throw this summer.”

Should be hearing something about it soon
Keenum's camp in Houston presumably fell apart, just like the camp Siemian was supposed to do last year.

Quote:
Broncos quarterback Case Keenum has talked this offseason about possibly hosting a passing camp for his new teammates in Houston or Phoenix. Instead, Keenum and Co. got together at a high school in the Denver area for some throwing sessions on Friday.

In addition to Keenum and Sanders, other players that worked out Friday included rookie running back Phillip Lindsay and former Broncos receiver Marlon Brown, who now plays for the Baltimore Ravens.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...-passing-camp/
Old 07-12-2018, 02:57 PM   #592
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
Keenum's camp in Houston presumably fell apart, just like the camp Siemian was supposed to do last year.

So they had it but stayed in Denver? Siemian couldn’t even get that formed.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #593
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So they had it but stayed in Denver? Siemian couldn’t even get that formed.
If we consider "it" to be a passing camp. Per DT they were going to have all the QBs, receivers, TEs, etc. Instead it was Keenum, Sanders, an UDFA, and a guy who isn't even a Bronco. Very inspiring.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:16 PM   #594
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
If we consider "it" to be a passing camp. Per DT they were going to have all the QBs, receivers, TEs, etc. Instead it was Keenum, Sanders, an UDFA, and a guy who isn't even a Bronco. Very inspiring.

Only Manning can command full attention of targets.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:03 PM   #595
qbronco
Lifelong Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Quote:
Yeah, I don’t think Cane Keesum is at the “Who’s Your Daddy” level of respect, yet.
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:24 PM   #596
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Hell I'd expect cusp QBs like Cousins, Ryan, and Stafford to demand an audience. You don't need a Hall of Famer.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:55 PM   #597
WoodMan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Hell I'd expect cusp QBs like Cousins, Ryan, and Stafford to demand an audience. You don't need a Hall of Famer.
Does it really matter? Sanchez had a full gang busters passing camp and he lost out to Seimian as starter and last I heard was in Dallas
WoodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:10 PM   #598
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodMan View Post
Does it really matter? Sanchez had a full gang busters passing camp and he lost out to Seimian as starter and last I heard was in Dallas
It matters a lot when you are all dressed up with a hood, torch and pitchfork with nowhere to go.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:19 PM   #599
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodMan View Post
Excellent example. Prior to his preseason fallout, Sanchez was being praised like Keenum is being praised. Great command of the huddle, leader, etc. I'm still waiting for a positive quote or compliment about Keenum's ability after the snap.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:22 PM   #600
yerner
Ring of Famer

Heard on a podcast that Case is one of only 3 qbs to ever have a positive rating while being under pressure. Football outsiders tracking. Only goes back like 10years. Interesting still.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote