The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2018, 09:17 AM   #1526
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Reading the Old Man's War series from Scalzi. Brilliant
Love Scalzi, I have read all his novels and enjoyed all of them.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:04 PM   #1527
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I'm in the process of moving, and cleaning out my garage found The Boys from Brazil. Completely forgot I had it. And War and Remembrance. Good books.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:03 AM   #1528
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Here's one I want to read -- by a German journalist, Udo Ulfkotte. It's a death bed confessional account of how the CIA paid him for years to lie and do what he was told -- that is, to write fake news.

The author is now deceased from cancer. His book became a best seller in Germany -- even though the press there never reviewed or mentioned it!

Now, the English translation has been suppressed here...Amazon tells us the book is unavailable -- except at an exorbitant piece...$900/copy.

This is America the home of free speech?

Journalists for Hire: How the CIA Buys the News

by Dr. Udo Ulfkotte Ph.D Ph.D. (June 01,2016)

https://www.amazon.com/Journalists-H...+Buys+the+News
Attached Images

mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:03 AM   #1529
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Now, the English translation has been suppressed here...Amazon tells us the book is unavailable -- except at an exorbitant piece...$900/copy.

This is America the home of free speech?
You do know that it just means that there are other tinfoil wearers like you that value the book at 900 dollars right? I've sold out of print books for up to 100 dollars on there before
It doesn't mean that Amazon is suppressing your freedoms
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:41 PM   #1530
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
You do know that it just means that there are other tinfoil wearers like you that value the book at 900 dollars right? I've sold out of print books for up to 100 dollars on there before
It doesn't mean that Amazon is suppressing your freedoms
I did not mean to imply Amazon is suppressing free speech -- at least not directly. They are in cahoots with the NSA/CIA, that is very clear, but so is Google and Facebook.

The CIA has other ways and means of suppressing a book. They've been at it a long time. The CIA has been effective at intimidating publishers not to bring out a book. When that fails they buy up the whole edition -- and burn the lot.

Last edited by mhgaffney; 07-04-2018 at 11:43 PM..
Old 07-05-2018, 07:22 AM   #1531
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Due west

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
Just listened to all five books of Chronicles of the black gate on Youtube. I loved it.
I just read these. Very entertaining, but easy read fantasy series to read.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:28 AM   #1532
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
I did not mean to imply Amazon is suppressing free speech -- at least not directly. They are in cahoots with the NSA/CIA, that is very clear, but so is Google and Facebook.

The CIA has other ways and means of suppressing a book. They've been at it a long time. The CIA has been effective at intimidating publishers not to bring out a book. When that fails they buy up the whole edition -- and burn the lot.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:39 AM   #1533
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Considering Amazon is not a government entity, what they choose to sell or not sell is not suppressing free speech. $900 for any book is a bit steep. So if you have an issue with anyone, it should be Katiesbookstore, which is probably a dummy LLC based in China who is selling it for nearly a grand.

And it never occurred to you that maybe this book is hard to come by because it reads like Alex Jones or Howard Dean's dream journals?

Old 07-05-2018, 04:53 PM   #1534
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
I'm in the process of moving, and cleaning out my garage found The Boys from Brazil. Completely forgot I had it. And War and Remembrance. Good books.

I wouldn't have been surprised if you said you found a bunch of boys from Brazil in your garage.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:56 PM   #1535
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

I read NdT's Astrophysics for People in a Hurry.

Picked it up at the library. It was concise, took only 3 days to read and I could have knocked it out in an evening if I really wanted to.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:53 PM   #1536
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Love Scalzi, I have read all his novels and enjoyed all of them.
I'm over halfway through Malazan right now. Might finally pick these up when I finish.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:54 PM   #1537
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I read NdT's Astrophysics for People in a Hurry.

Picked it up at the library. It was concise, took only 3 days to read and I could have knocked it out in an evening if I really wanted to.
I'm getting a little into this in school right now. Interesting stuff. Astrophysics, that is, not that book specifically.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:10 AM   #1538
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
So am I.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #1539
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Considering Amazon is not a government entity, what they choose to sell or not sell is not suppressing free speech. $900 for any book is a bit steep. So if you have an issue with anyone, it should be Katiesbookstore, which is probably a dummy LLC based in China who is selling it for nearly a grand.

And it never occurred to you that maybe this book is hard to come by because it reads like Alex Jones or Howard Dean's dream journals?

More likely the message was "the problem." Amazon has been "modifying" its lists for years now. Example: Hillary's book which despite numerous critical reviews was listed as a five star book. There is no explanation for that, other than manipulation by the site.

There are other books out there that have also been purposely suppressed. David Irving's books about WW II are some of the best historical writing I've ever seen. Yet his books are out of print and almost unavailable. Now why is that?

Last edited by mhgaffney; 07-08-2018 at 06:12 PM..
Old 07-08-2018, 07:04 PM   #1540
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
More likely the message was "the problem." Amazon has been "modifying" its lists for years now. Example: Hillary's book which despite numerous critical reviews was listed as a five star book. There is no explanation for that, other than manipulation by the site.

There are other books out there that have also been purposely suppressed. David Irving's books about WW II are some of the best historical writing I've ever seen. Yet his books are out of print and almost unavailable. Now why is that?
I'm not surprised you'd find books by a holocaust denier the "best historical writing" you've ever seen. I'm sure Auschwitz really was a Disneyland. And again, amazon is showing books by David Irving for sale. They range from $10 to $1800.

And are you honestly surprised a book written by a presidential candidate detailing why she thought she lost was going to stay on the Amazon best seller list? And saying the amazon star rating system is proof of a giant conspiracy is loony toons. Even for someone who posts regularly in the WRP.