The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2017, 09:01 PM   #226
SVine
Ring of Famer

Broncos 2017!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Oh...so now people's right's don't matter? Gotcha. I'll tuck that one away for one of our future discussions.
People once had a right to legally own other people. Like SonofLeloLang said, humans are wrong often and especially throughout history.
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:02 PM   #227
SVine
Ring of Famer

Broncos 2017!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
CBS fires vice president who said Vegas victims didn't deserve sympathy because country music fans 'often are Republican'

Without a valid link, this seems like some fake news you came across on facebook.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:10 PM   #228
SVine
Ring of Famer

Broncos 2017!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Yes, but we are culturally different from Europe.
Yes, for so many reasons.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:27 PM   #229
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Alex Jones has already labeled this as a false flag. That didn't take too long. I wonder if the actors were just people who got shot or all 22000 concert goers?
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:36 AM   #230
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

Tebowtaur

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Here is your answer democrats.

disclaimer: you still may be shanked, because we still cant limit weapons even in a prison.

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 10-03-2017 at 07:42 AM..
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:37 AM   #231
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

Tebowtaur

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
Without a valid link, this seems like some fake news you came across on facebook.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/10cdf06...ident-who.html
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:05 AM   #232
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Is speech a specifically designed killing machine?
A government monopoly on it surely is.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:07 AM   #233
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I didn't say everyone. but they are certainly out there.

Stop comparing speech with guns. Speech is speech. Guns are machines specifically designed to kill people. That's what they are. There's ZERO denying this. And the amendment was put in place for a "well regulated militia".
See, you spout the prohibitionist propaganda (just like in your Newsweek article) and then you wonder why there's never any compromise.

You're not looking for legitimate compromise. You're looking for incremental surrender.

To believe the "Bill of Rights" has a provision in it that effectively says "Federally approved armies can have guns." is to dismantle everything it was designed for. All of it, in every Amendment.

Every Amendment in the Bill of Rights places some specific (and well discussed) restriction on the Federal Government. What you're saying is "Except for the 2nd. Because modern linguistic nipple-twisting allows me to fancy different."

Once you go there, there's no reason not to ask whether the FF really contemplated the internet when they talked about a 'free press'

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 10-03-2017 at 08:11 AM..
Old 10-03-2017, 10:08 AM   #234
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Yeah I'm generally of the opinion if you want gun control the way many on the left want it, you'll have to amend the constitution. The right to bear arms is there. There's a lot of ways some have tried to argue citizens having weapons wasn't the intent, but that's historically dishonest.

Most states created militias from among the local citizens to help defend or go assist in the fighting. There was also a belief among the founding fathers that it was the duty of the citizens to rise up and overthrow a corrupt government and protect themselves. They also hunted for their food. And the arms were black powder muskets, not high caliber machine guns. This was a direct response to the way the British empire did things. Can't have an army without guns.

The idea that common gun carriers would be able to defeat the US military today is utterly ridiculous. And we don't have to hunt for our food, or have a frontier of natives trying to kill us (we have our own citizens to thank for that now). The Brits also forced subjects to house and feed British soldiers, and this is another protection in the constitution that hasn't been necessary for some time. So you could argue its intent has changed.

Regardless of its intent, the Supreme Court has interpreted it the way they wanted. Now you have a civil liberty that puts more responsibility onto the citizens. And so you will have people abuse that liberty. It's functionally how I feel about abortion, being that lives are being taken, and I mention only because it's not the only area where we chose liberty and pain over control and security.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:28 AM   #235
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The idea that common gun carriers would be able to defeat the US military today is utterly ridiculous.
Like stand in a field toe to toe? No. But that's never been the case. The Revolutionary War would've never been won standing toe to toe with the British in open fields.

The point of an armed populace is to make a non-consenting populace ungovernable. And as we've seen time and time again over our lifetimes... parking an undefeatable army somewhere is no substitute for governance.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:40 AM   #236
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
A government monopoly on it surely is.
Actually discouraging it by trying to eliminate the press is.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #237
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Yeah I'm generally of the opinion if you want gun control the way many on the left want it, you'll have to amend the constitution. The right to bear arms is there. There's a lot of ways some have tried to argue citizens having weapons wasn't the intent, but that's historically dishonest.

Most states created militias from among the local citizens to help defend or go assist in the fighting. There was also a belief among the founding fathers that it was the duty of the citizens to rise up and overthrow a corrupt government and protect themselves. They also hunted for their food. And the arms were black powder muskets, not high caliber machine guns. This was a direct response to the way the British empire did things. Can't have an army without guns.

The idea that common gun carriers would be able to defeat the US military today is utterly ridiculous. And we don't have to hunt for our food, or have a frontier of natives trying to kill us (we have our own citizens to thank for that now). The Brits also forced subjects to house and feed British soldiers, and this is another protection in the constitution that hasn't been necessary for some time. So you could argue its intent has changed.

Regardless of its intent, the Supreme Court has interpreted it the way they wanted. Now you have a civil liberty that puts more responsibility onto the citizens. And so you will have people abuse that liberty. It's functionally how I feel about abortion, being that lives are being taken, and I mention only because it's not the only area where we chose liberty and pain over control and security.
I agree with a lot of this (not the abortion part), but much is measured and smart. My issue with the second amendment is that it hasn't aged well and is an amendment that is much more specific to the time than say freedom of speech, press.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:50 AM   #238
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
I agree with a lot of this (not the abortion part), but much is measured and smart. My issue with the second amendment is that it hasn't aged well and is an amendment that is much more specific to the time than say freedom of speech, press.
Our forefathers were men. Some see them as a bunch of rich, entitled white guys who took land from natives, enslaved people from Africa and didn't want to pay taxes. Others saw them as free thinking pioneers who put into motion the pieces of freedom and democracy that would, over the next century, usher in a new, more ethical model of government for the world, for the people, by the people.

Both are true.

They did their best for what they believed at the time. Some of it works today and some of it not so much.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:57 AM   #239
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Our forefathers were men. Some see them as a bunch of rich, entitled white guys who took land from natives, enslaved people from Africa and didn't want to pay taxes. Others saw them as free thinking pioneers who put into motion the pieces of freedom and democracy that would, over the next century, usher in a new, more ethical model of government for the world, for the people, by the people.

Both are true.

They did their best for what they believed at the time. Some of it works today and some of it not so much.
100 percent agree. I think some people take their words as gospel, and they didn't even. Its why amendments exist in the first place.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:18 PM   #240
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
100 percent agree. I think some people take their words as gospel, and they didn't even. Its why amendments exist in the first place.
They became politicians if not already one. "We will make laws for you but not follow them or make separate laws for us". It happens then and happens now.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:49 PM   #241
SVine
Ring of Famer

Broncos 2017!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
It's unfathomable that someone that high up in a public corporation with intentions of being perceived as neutral would say something like that.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:01 AM   #242
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

What level of internet autism must you be on to think that gun control equals living in prison? Level 7?
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:10 PM   #243
Rohirrim
Partisan

"...had Brock not been available.."

Quote:

And just as we've ruled against late term abortions, we need to rule against weapons that can be used to mass murder.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:13 PM   #244
Rohirrim
Partisan

Quote:
Here is your answer democrats.

disclaimer: you still may be shanked, because we still cant limit weapons even in a prison.
Really? I'll bet nobody in there has an AR15.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:15 PM   #245
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
And just as we've ruled against late term abortions, we need to rule against weapons that can be used to mass murder.
Is that what police should carry around?
Old 10-05-2017, 10:31 PM   #246
Pontius Pirate
I made a bad call Ripley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Is that what police should carry around?
Rubber bullets
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:15 AM   #247
Rohirrim
Partisan

In the UK, Norway, Ireland, Iceland and New Zealand, police don't carry guns.