The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2018, 05:37 PM   #126
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc62 View Post
*Bolles only played one year of FBS football at Utah; led the nation in penalties in 2016.

Wow ... that is just horrifying. Both his lack of discipline and our drafting him ahead of Ramczyk.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:26 PM   #127
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Wrong. Based on an every down grade, Boles is above average. Mark Schlereth isn’t reliable because there’s zero chance he’s trying to grade every down. He’s a cult of personality. And if you wanna claim that “hey, he’s a mutiple time all pro and so he knows talent” remember that the greatest Qb of all time (Elway) can’t successfully grade QBs. Being a great player does not mean you can accurately scout.
dude, what are we supposed to believe Pro Football Focus stats or our own eyes? take your Chris Collinsworth Pro Football Focus stats and stick them where the sun don't shine.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:27 PM   #128
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?

Always believe your own eyes. Always. However, make sure you're watching the entire game. Five bad snaps out of fifty (random number example) also means 45 good snaps. Bolles needs to clean things up, and he likely will as he gets more experience and confidence, but for a late 1st round pick, we should be looking for good enough, not elite.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:30 PM   #129
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

One of the reasons we hired Kugler was to free up Strausser to be able to be Bolles' personal learning assistant. A lot of teams weren't willing to draft him and then have to hire an additional coach to give him the tutelage he needs to get better. That's a lot of resources and investment. I don't deny what MUG said about his potential, but as far as technique goes, he hasn't grown much in 1 1/4 seasons on the field. Switching him to RT isn't really an option, for the obvious reasons others had mentioned. It's sink or swim with him. He has been ferocious in the run blocking department, but he has gotten beat like a rented mule in the pass protection department. BTW, I'll take Brandon Thorn's analysis of Bolles over PFF any day of the week. That's the same organization that had John Ross with a higher grade (season-wise) than Evan Engram last year. Lol. Come on brotha!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:41 PM   #130
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post

Originally Posted by TerrElway
Bolles is literally borderline retarded. This is not an opinion, this is from someone in the know at the U of U. He has serious learning disabilities and behavioral questions. They dealt with it at Utah but there were serious questions as to whether he could play at the next level due to his mental capacity/issues.

He's accomplished a lot considering his issues and he should be lauded for that. But he was a VERY risky pick and I am not sure he has much more upside than what he currently is showing.

Your not asking him to break encryption, you want him to move his feet on more of an arc.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:21 AM   #131
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Always believe your own eyes. Always. However, make sure you're watching the entire game. Five bad snaps out of fifty (random number example) also means 45 good snaps. Bolles needs to clean things up, and he likely will as he gets more experience and confidence, but for a late 1st round pick, we should be looking for good enough, not elite.
I understand your perspective, but what if it's the same five every week?
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:05 PM   #132
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
One of the reasons we hired Kugler was to free up Strausser to be able to be Bolles' personal learning assistant. A lot of teams weren't willing to draft him and then have to hire an additional coach to give him the tutelage he needs to get better. That's a lot of resources and investment. I don't deny what MUG said about his potential, but as far as technique goes, he hasn't grown much in 1 1/4 seasons on the field. Switching him to RT isn't really an option, for the obvious reasons others had mentioned. It's sink or swim with him. He has been ferocious in the run blocking department, but he has gotten beat like a rented mule in the pass protection department. BTW, I'll take Brandon Thorn's analysis of Bolles over PFF any day of the week. That's the same organization that had John Ross with a higher grade (season-wise) than Evan Engram last year. Lol. Come on brotha!
I don't see him getting beat as badly as most here. He has been a huge improvement over the guys we have tried to play there since Clady fell apart.

I think he would improve with a QB behind him who doesn't hold the ball foreverS and can move around in the pocket. Case is expecting these guys to hold up for over 5 seconds and Billy keeps calling deep routes that take time to develop.

Case is also not seeing the all out blitz's and not changing plays. A lot of that problem is due to being in 3rd and 9 and they can't change much because they have to pass and with D's not respecting Case they can send more than the Broncos can block.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:11 PM   #133
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I understand your perspective, but what if it's the same five every week?
I'm fine with our LT having five bad plays a game. That's like a 90% success rate. Anything in that area is fine. You'd like to see him improve, and I think he will, so I don't think it will stay static. However, if it did, I'm still fine with it. I think it's good enough, though certainly frustrating.

Now, if we get to the point where the rest of the team is great and LT is clearly the weakest link because we're so good overall, then at that point, I'm fine with upgrading on Bolles. Just right now, with QB a glaring mess, LG, OC, and RT needing a long term plan. CB seemingly in need of bolstering along with ILB and NT, I just think Bolles is good enough while we figure those positions out.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:08 PM   #134
wicked bronco
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Keenum's average time in the pocket per sack against the Jets was over 4 seconds. That's an eternity for a QB in the NFL. 3 seconds is average. Keenum holds the ball too long and opposing defenses know it. A QB can make or break an Oline, as can ab OC calling long developing pass plays. Bolles doesn't bother me. He's right where he should be for the amount of experience he has and probably better when it comes to run blocking.
wicked bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:20 PM   #135
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked bronco View Post
Keenum's average time in the pocket per sack against the Jets was over 4 seconds. That's an eternity for a QB in the NFL. 3 seconds is average. Keenum holds the ball too long and opposing defenses know it. A QB can make or break an Oline, as can ab OC calling long developing pass plays. Bolles doesn't bother me. He's right where he should be for the amount of experience he has and probably better when it comes to run blocking.
Yep, b****ing about Bolles is a little silly when Keenum has enough time to throw the ball
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:31 AM   #136
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Just read an article on Predominantly Orange that says Keenum only has 2.5sec pocket time on average
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:50 PM   #137
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Just read an article on Predominantly Orange that says Keenum only has 2.5sec pocket time on average
Broncos need to run the ball more and stop rotating Booker in.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:56 PM   #138
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #139
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Keenum is not seeing the field well and the defenses can't stop us anyway. Run the damn ball down their throats and beat them.
It will help keep the D fresh and allow us to dictate the flow of the game.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:10 PM   #140
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Keenum is not seeing the field well and the defenses can't stop us anyway. Run the damn ball down their throats and beat them.
It will help keep the D fresh and allow us to dictate the flow of the game.
LAR 28
DEN 17

If Kelly comes in,

LAR 28
DEN 30
Old 10-12-2018, 02:29 PM   #141
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
LAR 28
DEN 17

If Kelly comes in,

LAR 28
DEN 30
Wade with revenge on his mind up against a rookie(basically)QB...Musgrave would need to pull a miracle out of his ass to win that.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:49 PM   #142
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Wade with revenge on his mind up against a rookie(basically)QB...Musgrave would need to pull a miracle out of his ass to win that.
$wag is all you need.
Old 10-13-2018, 04:53 AM   #143
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Quote:
^This right here!^

Gets on my last nerve with VJ and or Musgrave rotating the RB's almost every series. The team finally has a bellcow RB in Freeman IMO. Booker should not have made the 53 man roster. The rookie Williams should have. Sadly, he's now in J'Ville.

As for Bolles, he is what he is. Don't think he'll get much better. During last offseason, I was hoping he would add some weight, hit the weight room and come back much stronger since he was easily pushed around during his rookie year. Can't say for sure he didn't, but he doesn't look any different physically and doesn't seem much stronger. Anyone agree with me? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:05 PM   #144
CEH
Ring of Famer

Just killed another fooking drive with his take down
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:08 PM   #145
gob1gred
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I can't wait until Bolles is no longer a Bronco.
gob1gred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:20 PM   #146
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I wonder if McGovern did something that pissed the team off and didn't start him for a disciplinary reason. He is in now. Bolles sucks I'm sorry. Not buying he is good for all but a few plays. A few plays is the difference in being able to play in the NFL vs Arena league.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:35 PM   #147
Rocket 7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I wonder if McGovern did something that pissed the team off and didn't start him for a disciplinary reason. He is in now. Bolles sucks I'm sorry. Not buying he is good for all but a few plays. A few plays is the difference in being able to play in the NFL vs Arena league.
He should play in the arena league since many players play both ways. Pretty sure he could block a third rate pass rusher and on defense he's already a tackling machine.
Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #148
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

The hold he got called for was bull****. He literally let go within a split second.

Von Miller gets done 100x worse.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote