The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2018, 07:13 AM   #26
69bronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
Its the kiss of death. !!!!!! gone next Friday!
Yep
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:14 AM   #27
SoullessGinger
Seasoned Veteran

I'm here for the gang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
Its the kiss of death. !!!!!! gone next Friday!
One can only hope!
SoullessGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:24 AM   #28
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
It's a trip that folks around here really expect coaches and front office executives to really speak their minds. They're not going to publicly say that Joseph, or Keenum, or whoever sucks and they'll be gone.
This.

You guys realize how high profile a position an NFL teams exec is. The more vanilla / canned responses they give the less blow back they can potentially get. No blow back no need to fix crap you shoulden't be worrying about anyways.

Jerry Jones should take notes.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:29 AM   #29
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

The last time Denver fired a head coach mid-season was Josh McDaniels on December 6, 2010. The next game they played was @Arizona, and they lost 13-43 (the game where the Cardinals kicker defeated Denver singlehandedly). Since I go to all games where Denver is @Arizona, that was a depressing day. Here's hoping history doesn't repeat itself, with VJ getting let go after the Rams game and me witnessing another blowout next Thursday!

Attached Images

Last edited by Broncobiv; 10-12-2018 at 08:35 AM..
Broncobiv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #30
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
This is what I was thinking. I would think anyone that has worked in any sort of professional environment would understand this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
This.

You guys realize how high profile a position an NFL teams exec is. The more vanilla / canned responses they give the less blow back they can potentially get. No blow back no need to fix crap you shoulden't be worrying about anyways.

It would be awesome if somebody put some secret mics in the coaches meeting rooms or Elway's office. I bet we'd hear some crazy stuff. Probably some stuff that folks around here say. We'd really get to find out what the front office thinks about Joseph, or what the coaches really think about Keenum and the play calling.

The press conferences are pretty much a waste of time. It's rare that a coach or player will actually say something of value. And when they do, they usually takes some heat for doing it.

I wouldn't be surprised if all of the coaches want to start Kelly now but the decision has to come from above, or they may know that he's not really good. We don't know and that's not information that we're going to get. So we're just going to argue back and forth about stuff we don't know about.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:32 AM   #31
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
It would be awesome if somebody put some secret mics in the coaches meeting rooms or Elway's office. I bet we'd hear some crazy stuff. Probably some stuff that folks around here say. We'd really get to find out what the front office thinks about Joseph, or what the coaches really think about Keenum and the play calling.

This is a given. OM members guess about the goings on inside the walls of Dove Valley. These guys know, which makes it far more entertaining. Like damn...our offensive line blocked like bagged ass because they all got food poisoning from gas station crab cakes they got at 5am on game day when we played Baltimore?

Typical.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:46 AM   #32
Aztec Bronco
Solid Starter

All I care about is watching the rookies and very few other young players who look promising at this point tbh. This team has been due for a true rebuild. Lower your expectations and it will actually be more fun than meandering around a 7-9 record for years and thinking you're a few pieces away.
Aztec Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:15 PM   #33
RonStoppable
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
All I care about is watching the rookies and very few other young players who look promising at this point tbh. This team has been due for a true rebuild. Lower your expectations and it will actually be more fun than meandering around a 7-9 record for years and thinking you're a few pieces away.
Somehow i agree with you, i like our rookie class...

But my problem is, they did hire a average guy, if played like vikings did he is okay.... BUT they use him like he is a elite Qb....
AND on the other side we got a young QB, what could fit better and would at least learn something even if he throws some picks....

Its like an car accident, you dont want to look, but you cant look somewhere else....
RonStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:21 PM   #34
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

bada boom!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:32 PM   #35
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
This.

More often than not, it is what is not said in the statement that tells you what is likely to occur.
A vote of confidence just means that I am warning you now, win or you are gone.

It's the perfect escape measure. If they win then you can say "We always supported them."
If they lose then you can then say "We have a high level of expectations and they failed to meet them, despite our support."
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #36
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonStoppable View Post

But my problem is, they did hire a average guy, if played like vikings did he is okay.... BUT they use him like he is a elite Qb....
AND on the other side we got a young QB, what could fit better and would at least learn something even if he throws some picks....

Its like an car accident, you dont want to look, but you cant look somewhere else....
Its not like a car accident at all. Its like you book a wedding band that got great reviews and then they show up and are just not very good. People are noticing too. But you cant just throw them off the stage mid set. You have been looking forward to this for a long time so you need to make the most of it and salvage any kind of enjoyment that you can.

Next.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #37
uplink
Ring of Famer

my unfounded suspicion is that Ellis talked Elway into keeping VJ after last year. Maybe that is why Ellis decided to comment now

Last edited by uplink; 10-13-2018 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: typo
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #38
orinjkrush

Moar is Better

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mcmanus

i'm ready for them...

orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #39
orange crusher
Predominately Orange

Mile High No Fly

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
The last time Denver fired a head coach mid-season was Josh McDaniels on December 6, 2010. The next game they played was @Arizona, and they lost 13-43 (the game where the Cardinals kicker defeated Denver singlehandedly). Since I go to all games where Denver is @Arizona, that was a depressing day. Here's hoping history doesn't repeat itself, with VJ getting let go after the Rams game and me witnessing another blowout next Thursday!

I donít think their chances would be any worse without him than with him.
orange crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:03 AM   #40
Aztec Bronco
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonStoppable View Post

Yeah it's laughable what they're asking Keenum to do and it isn't even necessary the way they're running the ball. At some point Denver will have lost enough games to at least give Kelly a decent look, I have to imagine.

I really hope it has clicked for the front office that you can't solve the QB problem through half-measures. The teams who are able to are just lucky and it usually isn't sustainable. Maybe we get lucky with Kelly. I think he was probably a Day 2 talent so there is at least something to mold. The most intriguing aspect is just the unknown factor, I think. But it's clear you can't really "cheat" the process. It's hard to find a QB but you have to at least try. Feels like the Paxton Lynch pick has them shell shocked. And a potentially generational QB class passes by...
Aztec Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:22 PM   #41
RonStoppable
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
Its not like a car accident at all. Its like you book a wedding band that got great reviews and then they show up and are just not very good. People are noticing too. But you cant just throw them off the stage mid set. You have been looking forward to this for a long time so you need to make the most of it and salvage any kind of enjoyment that you can.

Next.
Yeah im waiting for kelly since he was drafted.....
RonStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:38 PM   #42
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

I dont think a change would happen until the bye week.

I will say if 2-2 next four, he stays.

If it's 1-3/0-4, then he's canned and Kelly starts after the bye.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:37 PM   #43
uplink
Ring of Famer

I'll be suprised if the broncos win one of the next three games
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:03 PM   #44
Old Coyote
Cold Drafted

Cake!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
I'll be suprised if the broncos win one of the next three games
I wouldn't if they first fired VJ and second elevated Swag.
But at status quo.... I still have to caveat...
I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos beat Arizona 4-3 (2safeties) or 5-3. Hahaha...

But all the fuss just brings us closer to Swag and no VJ anyway.
Old Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:01 AM   #45
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:

This isnt inspiring.

My guess as i already said was 2-2 he's probably good for a few more games, 1-3/0-4 he's canned after the bye week.

I'd probably rate the best chances at Hou > Arz (short wk, on the road), Rams, KC.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote