The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2018, 09:23 PM   #101
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfback View Post
Elwayhas taken a qb in the first 3 rounds twice in eight years .....so he hasnít been searching too hard for a QBOTF......he missed on lynch and Keenum, Brock Iím not gonna call a miss because he was a vital part of our Super Bowl run and think he would have been better if he would have stayed....that said he needs to get it right very soon because you canít win consistently without one
The Lynch pick was just one pick...but the ripple effects were massive.

Without the Lynch bust there would have been no need for:

Siemian to try to outplay his ability.
Swag to be given backup QB money for drugs.
A lot more draft equity to be spent on QB1.

Gregory was a bad pick...but the Lynch pick has had far more reaching consequences.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:40 PM   #102
halfback
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post
The Lynch pick was just one pick...but the ripple effects were massive.

Without the Lynch bust there would have been no need for:

Siemian to try to outplay his ability.
Swag to be given backup QB money for drugs.
A lot more draft equity to be spent on QB1.

Gregory was a bad pick...but the Lynch pick has had far more reaching consequences.
I agree with you 100% but a lot of people here go with the narrative that Elway has had bad pick after bad pick at the QB position and thatís just not accurate....in reality he has used 1 first and 1 second round pick on qbs in 8 years.....if anything he is not using enough picks in trying to secure a QBOTF
halfback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:40 PM   #103
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Elwayhas taken a qb in the first 3 rounds twice in eight years .....so he hasnít been searching too hard for a QBOTF......he missed on lynch and Keenum, Brock Iím not gonna call a miss because he was a vital part of our Super Bowl run and think he would have been better if he would have stayed....that said he needs to get it right very soon because you canít win consistently without one
You just put your finger on the reason Oz was the BIGGEST miss. Who cares if he played 7 games here? He wasn't drafted for that. Elway drafted him to be the QBOTF, pure and simple, and he had 4 years to figure out what he had. In spite of that, he not only grossly mishandled his evaluation for all that time, but he also blew it by letting Kubiak blame him for other players failures. That started the pathway to his exit. If you can't figure out what a guy has in four years, fans are going to question if you can do so at all. What's more, remember back there when the team was putting up all those huge offensive numbers under Peyton? Think how many times we could have let Oz come into the game with a 30 point lead just to give him some game experience and give us the chance to see what he had. Instead we let Peyton chase records, and the result was, what you see now...we wound up not being prepared when he left.

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 10-30-2018 at 09:42 PM..
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:49 PM   #104
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Nobody worth a hoot.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:49 PM   #105
halfback
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

[QUOTE=footstepsfrom#27;5369834]You just put your finger on the reason Oz was the BIGGEST miss. Who cares if he played 7 games here? He wasn't drafted for that. Elway drafted him to be the QBOTF, pure and simple, and he had 4 years to figure out what he had. In spite of that, he not only grossly mishandled his evaluation for all that time, but he also blew it by letting Kubiak blame him for other players failures. That started the pathway to his exit. If you can't figure out what a guy has in four years, fans are going to question if you can do so at all. What's more, remember back there when the team was putting up all those huge offensive numbers under Peyton? Think how many times we could have let Oz come into the game with a 30 point lead just to give him some game experience and give us the chance to see what he had. Instead we let Peyton chase records, and the result was, what you see now...we wound up not being prepared when he left.[/QUOTE

Good post and you make very good points, I canít even argue it, but we have to invest more in the position....I feel like he is gunshy because of oz and especially Paxton....but you canít be afraid of swinging and missing, you have to keep trying until you knock it out of the park
halfback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:04 PM   #106
wolf754life
HORSE FACE GM

THE GHOST of HORSEFACE GM

[QUOTE=halfback;5369843]
Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
You just put your finger on the reason Oz was the BIGGEST miss. Who cares if he played 7 games here? He wasn't drafted for that. Elway drafted him to be the QBOTF, pure and simple, and he had 4 years to figure out what he had. In spite of that, he not only grossly mishandled his evaluation for all that time, but he also blew it by letting Kubiak blame him for other players failures. That started the pathway to his exit. If you can't figure out what a guy has in four years, fans are going to question if you can do so at all. What's more, remember back there when the team was putting up all those huge offensive numbers under Peyton? Think how many times we could have let Oz come into the game with a 30 point lead just to give him some game experience and give us the chance to see what he had. Instead we let Peyton chase records, and the result was, what you see now...we wound up not being prepared when he left.[/QUOTE

Good post and you make very good points, I canít even argue it, but we have to invest more in the position....I feel like he is gunshy because of oz and especially Paxton....but you canít be afraid of swinging and missing, you have to keep trying until you knock it out of the park
Or get fired.
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:30 AM   #107
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yeah, and Elway could turn out to be right passing on Rosen and Allen.
Right now it looks better to have Chubb over those 2.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:46 AM   #108
Bronx33
We Stink

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juicy Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
also..should we try for Eli Manning?
He's done...
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:51 AM   #109
OABB
Internet Warrior

Battle tested.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
They are going to go with Case again next year. They will say they expect him to be better in his second year in the system. You have 24 more games of watching sober Orton.

Enjoy!
Last Sunday was fun I went golfing during. The longer we play case and keep woods and vj the more free my weekends will be. Itís a win win
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:43 AM   #110
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Probably some jag off QB that the mane gets all hot and bothered about every offseason. I swear to Christ the mane always get a hardon for random reject QBs.

Sloter, Swag, Brandstater all come to mind. Pure garbage the lot of them!
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:10 AM   #111
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
Last Sunday was fun I went golfing during. The longer we play case and keep woods and vj the more free my weekends will be. Itís a win win
We watched Netflix instead of MNF.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:29 AM   #112
PRBronco
Top professional.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
I took my two year old to the Wiggles concert. Way better than watching penaltyfest/cautious defense/no surviving football, would recommend.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:37 AM   #113
CEH
Ring of Famer

Iím now watching Haskins from Ohio State
At the top of the 2nd Iím pulling the trigger
Heís prby a fast riser though but then again if they love someone go get him
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:54 AM   #114
69bronco
Ring of Famer

Ryan Finley looks like a giraffe, I can see elway deafting him.
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:19 AM   #115
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Iím now watching Haskins from Ohio State
At the top of the 2nd Iím pulling the trigger
Heís prby a fast riser though but then again if they love someone go get him
Not this early in the morning man.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:23 AM   #116
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

FEAR THE FRO Lindsay

Quote:
I agree with you 100% but a lot of people here go with the narrative that Elway has had bad pick after bad pick at the QB position and thatís just not accurate....in reality he has used 1 first and 1 second round pick on qbs in 8 years.....if anything he is not using enough picks in trying to secure a QBOTF
THANK YOU

Exactly my thoughts QBOTF's are hard to find.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:40 AM   #117
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Eli Manning will be the QB of Broncos
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:29 PM   #118
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
THANK YOU

Exactly my thoughts QBOTF's are hard to find.
Miami still hasn't adequately replaced Marino. *shrug*
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:17 PM   #119
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We need someone besides the Giants to get #1 so we can bet the farm.

I can't handle another recycle job.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:20 PM   #120
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Carr, Winston, Flacco, and who else is the next retread to try?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:21 PM   #121
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoDoBronco View Post
look, case is a good guy and a nice person but let's face it, we just need more at the position. his ratio of 10 TD's to 10 Int is the biggest problem.

since elway clearly can't draft QB's that leaves us with some good veteran options via trade. some of these guys could very well be available for less than a 1st:

Ryan Tanneyhill
Joe Flacco
Derek Carr
Jameis Winston

if elway wants to draft someone top 10 we could keep case or sign another veteran like Taylor, Bortles, Foles. we already paid keenum his guranteed $25 million so i think we could cut him with no cap hit.
GoneFishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:29 PM   #122
go_broncos
Fire Vance Joseph

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Carr, Winston, Flacco, and who else is the next retread to try?
Flacco is a good QB
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:18 PM   #123
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Is there going to be a QB worth drafting early in the first this year? Word is Herbert wants to stay at Oregon to play with his brother. He just may end up doing it due to the insurance policies these guys can get. There will be a lot more QB's in 2020, especially if Herbert is in that class. Giants will pick before the Broncos and need a QB, so there will be a high cost to move up, and for who?

Get another FA QB to compete with Keenum, or replace him, and get a new coaching staff. Draft a LT, DT or CB in the first this year and go all in on a QB in 2020.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:28 PM   #124
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
You just put your finger on the reason Oz was the BIGGEST miss. Who cares if he played 7 games here? He wasn't drafted for that. Elway drafted him to be the QBOTF, pure and simple, and he had 4 years to figure out what he had. In spite of that, he not only grossly mishandled his evaluation for all that time, but he also blew it by letting Kubiak blame him for other players failures. That started the pathway to his exit. If you can't figure out what a guy has in four years, fans are going to question if you can do so at all. What's more, remember back there when the team was putting up all those huge offensive numbers under Peyton? Think how many times we could have let Oz come into the game with a 30 point lead just to give him some game experience and give us the chance to see what he had. Instead we let Peyton chase records, and the result was, what you see now...we wound up not being prepared when he left.
lol
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:26 AM   #125
BroncosCR
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Guys, it's a coaching issue...As long as VJ stays, the worst the team is gonna look...Simple as that...Even Kessum did better with the Vikings because he had a coach that played him to his strengths, and had an elite defense backing him up...
BroncosCR is offline   Reply With Quote